Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: terminal cancer
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

brian laws bus ride wrote:
keep fighting,the days may be dark and painful but you need to keep going.
nobody on here knows what its like going through what your going through but everyone is behind you wishing you well.

I'll echo that. Keep scrapping Pogue.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:17 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

As Brian says. We're all thinking of you in our household Mr Pogue and the courage you have shown thus far. Stay strong.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Something similar to our Pogue's condition, but in the spoken word: -

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-29832510

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:04 am 
Manager
Manager

More sad news on the cancer front; I got an SMS today from the Wife of the guy I mentioned earlier in this thread to inform me that 'he' got the diagnosis that his cancer is terminal and that he is very poorly.

It is far easier to type on here than it is to put it into speech to the relatives of the victims of this awful disease that I had second guessed that his secondary cancer was only a matter of time, but his Wife although knowing the truth of the matter was hoping for a miracle cure from that $500 tablet that lowered his cancer count for a few months and made him feel better which was only a temporary relief.

As another Expat in deepest Bulgaria you/I don't really know what I can or should do - their place is about 30+ minutes drive from where I live, but does 'He' want visitors when he is a shadow of the man he used to be? I could only offer our sadness at receiving the news and offered any help we could and that if she wanted to talk then, just let me know.

Is there anything else that I have overlooked through selflessness or, simply not wanting to be around dying folk (don't overlook that stigma), that I could or should do for someone who is no more than an a fellow Expat come friend I have seen a few times in the past 5 years?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow you go see him ,although we may not be a patch on what we was we really do not see ourselves in the same way as you may see us ,we know we have lost weight and look and act different to what we did but still draw strength from others seeing us. you do what your heart tells you to do mate. on my own front I came out of hospital on Wednesday after being rushed into hospital after serious head pain ,after a mri scan it showed the tumour on my brain had bled leaked into my brain and the left side got swollen to the point where it was pressing on my skull the pain was horrendous they did not think I would I would survive this but again I have.my consultant came to see me without a firm plan for my next option but I told him mine which he is very impressed with. im agile still active and ive still got all my marbles so I carry on fighting for the maximum months I have been told I have left to live.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cheers for that Mr. Pogue. I have sent an SMS asking if it would be okay for us to make a short visit sometime next week. I don't think it right just to drop in on them without prior warning and I have no idea what kind of a condition he is in, just hope he is not in unbearable pain.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

yes notify them first as I like to know whos coming to see me too. as regards pain? well most will take pain killers like 2 parecetamol and 2 tramadol or oral morphine so pain killers do not leave you screaming in pain,in fact pain can be handled its the mental anguish which is the worst thing. ive scourced a wonder drug cannabis oil which is having great results at 2k its expensive for 60ml but it does work just had my first dose so nothing to lose just money I guess? just remember not to treat them as if they are dying just act normal its the best way.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

have just found out a friend of ours has got cancer.hes been told its inoperable as its wrapped itself around his throat and has also got into his lymph nodes.it has really shook me and the wife up.
he has been told he has got one chance and that's a 6 week course of chemo and if that don't work then there is nothing else they can do.
I may come over as totally ignorant but the details they have told us about what happens is perhaps the most shocking of all,i expected something on par with walter white off breaking bad but it is totally harrowing what he has got to go thru just for 1 tiny chance of survival.

really sorry if it seems I am hijacking a thread and please delete if its inappropriate.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

have just found out a friend of ours has got cancer.hes been told its inoperable as its wrapped itself around his throat and has also got into his lymph nodes.it has really shook me and the wife up.
he has been told he has got one chance and that's a 6 week course of chemo and if that don't work then there is nothing else they can do.
I may come over as totally ignorant but the details they have told us about what happens is perhaps the most shocking of all,i expected something on par with walter white off breaking bad but it is totally harrowing what he has got to go thru just for 1 tiny chance of survival.

really sorry if it seems I am hijacking a thread and please delete if its inappropriate.

I don't think you are hijacking and I doubt the OP would either as the title is 'Terminal Cancer' and the purpose is to make us all more aware of it and how to deal with all aspects of it.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

You have personalised and indeed personified the exact reasons why Pogue started this thread imo.

Pogue may be on a personal journey that he is sharing with us, but I think he may well welcome as much public awareness of the conditions and the fears and ignorance surrounding cancer, in the hope that confrontation of it may be less taxing to the individuals who succumb to it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:14 am 
Manager
Manager

for folk to answer and even share experiences then ive achieved what this thread was hopefuly going to do, raise awareness.
right where am I now? been told if the chemo drug doesnt work well that will be the end of the line but its depending on the brain scan I had sunday,if this shows the brain tumour is under control then I can have another drug which is better nut I feel the news will be bad? not feeling too bad health wise no real pain at all so I hope this continues a while longer?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
for folk to answer and even share experiences then ive achieved what this thread was hopefuly going to do, raise awareness.
right where am I now? been told if the chemo drug doesnt work well that will be the end of the line but its depending on the brain scan I had sunday,if this shows the brain tumour is under control then I can have another drug which is better but I feel the news will be bad? not feeling too bad health wise no real pain at all so I hope this continues a while longer?

Chin Up Old Bean, Dunkirk spirit and all that; think things will be bad and they will be! I'm sure that I will not be the only one from here with my fingers crossed for you about a positive result.

Whilst there is life, there is hope.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

im doing very well tbh I look nothing like a guy dying from cancer as everyone who as not seen me for a while build this pre conceived idea of what they fear too see? anyways im going to the bbc good food show tomorrow with my daughter a day we keep for each other every year so making this one special for the last visit. due to the walking element which id struggle to do ive hired a mobility scooter for the day off the nec,i never though id get to this in my life but I have to accept the situation.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
im doing very well tbh I look nothing like a guy dying from cancer as everyone who as not seen me for a while build this pre conceived idea of what they fear too see? anyways im going to the bbc good food show tomorrow with my daughter a day we keep for each other every year so making this one special for the last visit. due to the walking element which id struggle to do ive hired a mobility scooter for the day off the nec,i never though id get to this in my life but I have to accept the situation.

Bring me a cake back then pogue!

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.facebook.com/AAHelicopters/ ... =1&theater

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/AAHelicopters/photos/a.534697949947303.1073741828.533707260046372/737402096343553/?type=1&theater

Great stuff Pogue, hope you get to say, 'But Charlie don't fookin Surf' and swoop down upon Claverley to the Ride of the Valkyries. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:04 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
wwfcpogue wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/AAHelicopters/photos/a.534697949947303.1073741828.533707260046372/737402096343553/?type=1&theater

Great stuff Pogue, hope you get to say, 'But Charlie don't fookin Surf' and swoop down upon Claverley to the Ride of the Valkyries. :wink:

Doe forget to throw some playing cards on those Claverly gooks Pogue. And doe forget to shout in a Schwarzenegger stylee "Get to the choppas"

Semper Fi :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:36 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

not meaning to come over all gay,but pogue I really think you are turning into my hero.
have read your blog and passed it onto my mate,i really cannot believe how candid you are about everything.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

not meaning to come over all gay,but pogue I really think you are turning into my hero.
have read your blog and passed it onto my mate,i really cannot believe how candid you are about everything.

I think Mr. Ride that the thread and the links are meant to be as open and candid as one could possibly get. I was somewhat surprised and sympathetic to the part about Pogue finding a lump on his Old Man and not sharing a bed with his Wife etc. Men have to get over this phobia about their private parts and get themselves to the Doctor asap even if you do run the risk of a misdiagnosis. It helps me as I have a very nice female Doctor which I find a good outlet and excuse to check anything not quite right in my Y Fronts.

My theory has always been that if something don't feel right or, blood is coming out of an orifice and you haven't eaten Beetroot the night before then, something ain't right. Okay, my precautionary tale led to a Channel 4 TV crew inserting cameras up my backside and tubes down my throat at around age 40, but so far, I'm still around to tell the tale. Catching these things in a timely fashion can change or add years to your life.

Anyway, from what I read today, the weather ceiling in the Midlands would have been high enough for the Chopper to fly as you would have had no chance here with low cloud and bad viability. Awaiting the report. :wink:

BTW, on a read back, that first paragraph could sound a bit patronising, but if so, that wasn't my intention.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:41 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

really wasn't meant in any way to be patronising.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

really wasn't meant in any way to be patronising.

It day, or wor.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

I flew a helicopter yesterday very proud I did great the express and star was there and it will feature in the paper soon ,also the sun and the mirror are very interested in taking my story again. busy hospital agenda this week.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
I flew a helicopter yesterday very proud I did great the express and star was there and it will feature in the paper soon ,also the sun and the mirror are very interested in taking my story again. busy hospital agenda this week.

Glad for you that it went well. How long were you in the air for?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

half hour flying and a briefing of half hour before flying to be taught the controls it was amazing and I never knew id fly it but the captain was there to act if I started to fall out the sky. he took me a mile off molineux so I could see it as you cannot go hovering over it and have to be a 1000ft to fly over it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
half hour flying and a briefing of half hour before flying to be taught the controls it was amazing and I never knew id fly it but the captain was there to act if I started to fall out the sky. he took me a mile off molineux so I could see it as you cannot go hovering over it and have to be a 1000ft to fly over it.

Outstanding mate, truly outstanding......

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:

Pity that the flight path didn't include the Poorthorns where you could have relieved yourself. I've flown in many a Chopper, but I would most probably shite my pants if handed the controls - well done and what is next on your list?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

next thing to do is go to the coast in January in a nice hotel for 5 days. off to the QE today to have bloods done for next infusion on Thursday and im fearing the results of my brain scan a week ago today could be the day im told bad news ,yet again it could be good?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
next thing to do is go to the coast in January in a nice hotel for 5 days. off to the QE today to have bloods done for next infusion on Thursday and im fearing the results of my brain scan a week ago today could be the day im told bad news ,yet again it could be good?

When I was younger I used to like to climb mountains. Now I'm scared of flying.

Only way I can get in one and go up is to meditate and come to terms with the fact that there is nothing I can do to alter the outcome of the flight. Crash or land safely, nothing to do with me.

Enjoy your holiday mate no matter what, make every minute a good un. Your journey has started, you're on the flight and you certainly aint the pilot.

Fingers crossed, goggles on and chocs away...............Enjoy the ride.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:39 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

wwfcpogue wrote:

Brill glad you enjoyed it, got a few dits about rotary wings but it aye about me.

Hope your results went well today when you went for your bloods.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

back from hospital and pleased ,no further spread of brain tumour and blood draining on its own don't know if it can be deemed to be under control yet for the next drug but after scans in January I will know. failing the drug working ive been given another drug option even if the brain isn't under control.
thanks to the express and star and balls to cancer for this http://www.expressandstar.com/editors-p ... st-copter/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House