Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House

Share On:

Post subject: Being a Fookin Samaritan
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

On one of our Bulgarian Expatriate forums that I frequent we have a Brit that recently came out and bought a cheap house off Ebay in one of the cheapest areas of Bulgaria there is.

He obviously has issues and goes into dark places of aggression and compassion and only one other Expat that I know of has actually met him and told me that something really bad must've happened to our man and that his anger is towards those that did it, but I have no fookin idea who did what, when or why.

Now this Brit is talking about jacking it all in, not only Bulgaria, but taking his own life. :shock: Now being ex-military, my normal prescription would be a kick up the arse and a cold shower, but I'm beginning to understand slowly that mental illness doesn't always respond to short sharp shock therapy and I'm trying keep the guy alive in an open forum hoping that he will come back out from the dark place he is in now.

Any advice for the fledgling Samaritan on-line forum advisor?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Give him a wire brush and a cup of Dettol.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Can't get Dettol here Roz. :?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Can't get Dettol here Roz. :?

Harpic is an acceptable alternative, but by no means give him your pin numbers.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow, we need a bit more of an insight in to this tortured soul, I mean who in their right mind would want to end it all in Bulgaria? Perhaps you should invite your self around to his gaff, take a bottle of Irish, or the cheap stuff you keep in the bathroom, and see if we can delve in to his mind a little, and peel back a few layers. You could always wear a UN Peace Keepers outfit, but take your Beretta, just in case things turn sour.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow, we need a bit more of an insight in to this tortured soul, I mean who in their right mind would want to end it all in Bulgaria? Perhaps you should invite your self around to his gaff, take a bottle of Irish, or the cheap stuff you keep in the bathroom, and see if we can delve in to his mind a little, and peel back a few layers. You could always wear a UN Peace Keepers outfit, but take your Beretta, just in case things turn sour.

Firstly, he lives about 4 hours drive from my place, secondly, he could be violent and thirdly, I'm not sure that I want to peel back that many layers. Fourthly, I got the Monster In Law from Moscow arriving on Friday and don't have an awful lot of spare time when it is needed to aid the English speaking mentally ill.

Revealed today that his Mother topped herself with a tablet overdose when he was only 10. These things can fook up young minds for life. We can joke and recommend Harpic up the arse etc., but I don't want this guy dying on my watch so to speak.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:51 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Welcome to my world chicks...

It's really difficult to advise, but, and this is only based on my experience.... I'd be less worried about someone who openly says they'll commit suicide. I hear it at least 3 times a day. I'm not sure if there are any mental health services your way. What do they do and where do they send folks if they need 'sectioning'?
Has this fella said on open forum how he feels? If so then could someone advise him to seek help?

And this might sound harsh, but you're not responsible for his safety.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:37 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:

It's really difficult to advise, but, and this is only based on my experience.... I'd be less worried about someone who openly says they'll commit suicide. I hear it at least 3 times a day. I'm not sure if there are any mental health services your way. What do they do and where do they send folks if they need 'sectioning'?
Has this fella said on open forum how he feels? If so then could someone advise him to seek help?

Thats what I was implying re my pin number comment. as you know nutty, the vast majority of folk who threaten to kill themselves never do. The ones that do it silently are past helping anyway by the time you find out.
The only persons in life you should be obliged to be freely responsible for are your family.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
nuttymate wrote:

Thats what I was implying re my pin number comment. as you know nutty, the vast majority of folk who threaten to kill themselves never do. The ones that do it silently are past helping anyway by the time you find out.
The only persons in life you should be obliged to be freely responsible for are your family.

In life we have very few friends. We all have a lot of acquaintances but very few friends. A friend may be able to help. But that's about it.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
nuttymate wrote:

In life we have very few friends. We all have a lot of acquaintances but very few friends. A friend may be able to help. But that's about it.

The friends who are always there for you, can be counted on one hand.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 pm 

Embers wrote:

And if you truly valued your friend there's no way you'd dump a load of suicidal thoughts on them.

Can a complete stranger help? Yes, of course they can. They can listen, they can advise and they can counsel. But they really can't stop someone who is absolutely determined to die. I'd like to say that only by sectioning can someone be safe but even that's no guarantee.

People can try to help, because they care, and they want to make a difference, but they shouldn't feel responsible.

(do you think I've changed over the years Rozza? :roll: )

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
Embers wrote:

And if you truly valued your friend there's no way you'd dump a load of suicidal thoughts on them.

Can a complete stranger help? Yes, of course they can. They can listen, they can advise and they can counsel. But they really can't stop someone who is absolutely determined to die. I'd like to say that only by sectioning can someone be safe but even that's no guarantee.

People can try to help, because they care, and they want to make a difference, but they shouldn't feel responsible.

But if it's part of your job, you couldn't help but feel responsible, could you? I've seen a few people in recent times, in the papers, who've decided their own fate, going to Dignitas. I wonder what goes through their heads, on that final journey?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:
Embers wrote:

You most certainly have ma'am, like most folk do when their impressions of things, or their comprehension of situations gets altered by actually dealing with the subject matter personally.
For the better though may I say, you have now achieved a soft touch and a sexy edge all in one.

Try describing to someone what it's like to have a baby, to fall in first time love, or to suffer a loved ones loss, eat a whelk,pass your driving test, its just talk until you experience it ay it.

I guess you have come to the watershed in your current role where your compassion becomes a little jaundiced with time and your distaste of the persons you are charged with looking after, becomes a little tiresome, if so, what you need is to attend several meetings with bright young aspiring people that tell you how wonderful life is, and drill you with the mantra that you are really making a difference to peoples lives, to the point where you want to take off your shoe, take out the insole that gives you so much relief these days, then smash the piquant little twat in the face with it :lol:

You have a beautiful, funny and vivacious disposition ma'am, do not let life dim that light you have in abundance, post some more you selfish cow.

Anyroad up, what was we talking about now.........

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 pm 

Rozza wrote:
I guess you have come to the watershed in your current role where your compassion becomes a little jaundiced with time and your distaste of the persons you are charged with looking after, becomes a little tiresome.....

You have a beautiful, funny and vivacious disposition ma'am, do not let life dim that light you have in abundance, post some more you selfish cow.

You're as charming as ever Mr Rozza.. :wink: .. But you know we've always disagreed re the customers. Different set of clientele so it's understandable, but I'm not so far down the road that I find the folks distasteful. 'De-sensitised' a little perhaps?

Embers wrote:

But if it's part of your job, you couldn't help but feel responsible, could you?

We're not talking about professional responsibility/accountability though are we Embers? I know plenty of workers who have a 'professional responsibility', but don't actually give a cats cock about the clients. I still give 99% to clients, and as long as I'm not negligent in my duties I won't be held responsible should worst happen.
I'm probably blagging some of this cos I still have sleepless nights about folks.... :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
I'm probably blagging some of this cos I still have sleepless nights about folks.... :roll:

It's about bloody time you had a decent kip, missus. Did you get away this Summer, and kick back?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:50 am 
Manager
Manager

If you start off each day with happy thoughts you get happy thoughts feeding back to you.

If you start your day in the negative your soon sinking further below your starting point.

Think of something/someone who makes you smile....HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:17 am 

knocker knowles wrote:
If you start off each day with happy thoughts you get happy thoughts feeding back to you.

If you start your day in the negative your soon sinking further below your starting point.

That kind of sums up clinical depression Mr KK :wink: ...and whilst it's a good affirming statement for most folks, I'd probably get whacked with a plank if I said that too often to clients :lol:

Embers wrote:
nuttymate wrote:

It's about bloody time you had a decent kip, missus. Did you get away this Summer, and kick back?

Yep, sunny Madeira was lovely thank you....and I sleep like a baby most of the time :wink:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:
Yep, sunny Madeira was lovely thank you....and I sleep like a baby most of the time :wink:

You mean up and screaming every 4 hours?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:31 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I like that. Perhaps I will start my day, watching my favourtite Chubby Brown DVD :wink:

I went with this woman the once, and she told me she'd had the coil fitted. By the size of it, she could have carpets fitted.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Now if you did that instead of working yourself up into a copy and paste frenzy over the conservatives we would all be a lot happier too.No offence KK :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:04 am 

Mr Moscow....did you ever get any more news about this fellow?

I do like to be finished off properly you know....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:

Sorry, I rarely stoop so low nowadays in the forum so these things get overlooked.

Our Henry as we call him has stopped his Meds (as he terms it) and has gone through all the highs and lows of drug withdrawal.

Now, you have to accept that I only know this Chap via the Internet where he writes a blog on a Bulgarian Internet Forum.

He has decided to move from his village hovel (that he bought on Ebay for next to nothing in comparison to UK house prices) and go live in some rented accommodation in a Town for winter.

He is still self-declared walking the streets crying and seeking help that he doesn't really want, but overall, for somebody that is mentally disturbed without question even for non-medically trained personnel to understand, I THINK he is making progress and off the suicide watch.

I in the meantime, might well Foster a Kurdish Syrian Mother of 27 years of age with her two babies (Husband killed in the War against IS).

Not definite yet, but the International Red Cross are working with the case and my charity.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
nuttymate wrote:

Sorry, I rarely stoop so low nowadays in the forum so these things get overlooked.

Our Henry as we call him has stopped his Meds (as he terms it) and has gone through all the highs and lows of drug withdrawal.

Now, you have to accept that I only know this Chap via the Internet where he writes a blog on a Bulgarian Internet Forum.

He has decided to move from his village hovel (that he bought on Ebay for next to nothing in comparison to UK house prices) and go live in some rented accommodation in a Town for winter.

He is still self-declared walking the streets crying and seeking help that he doesn't really want, but overall, for somebody that is mentally disturbed without question even for non-medically trained personnel to understand, I THINK he is making progress and off the suicide watch.

I in the meantime, might well Foster a Kurdish Syrian Mother of 27 years of age with her two babies (Husband killed in the War against IS).

Not definite yet, but the International Red Cross are working with the case and my charity.

Moscow, that's very charitable of you, but why not put them up with henry, in your burgas gaff? Win-win.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:29 pm 

Thanks for the update Mr Moscow....
It's hard to say what was up with the fellow...especially as stopping his meds hasn't really made much difference.
Anyways, I'm a hardened bitch nowadays, and stand by what I said re responsibility etc etc....

What are the real implications of the fostering? Is it a financial commitment or will there be other support for her, and her kids? ... Will the kids know you?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
Thanks for the update Mr Moscow....
It's hard to say what was up with the fellow...especially as stopping his meds hasn't really made much difference.
Anyways, I'm a hardened bitch nowadays, and stand by what I said re responsibility etc etc....

What are the real implications of the fostering? Is it a financial commitment or will there be other support for her, and her kids? ... Will the kids know you?

Well, Miss Nutty, I read an article on a forum about how this woman with her two babies escaped Syria across dangerous seas and made it into Bulgaria where they were either captured or surrendered to the authorities. Anyway, here is the article I read:-

http://www.unhcr.org/562a3ee16.html

It was a moment of total compassion fuelled by alcohol and I fired off an email to the International Red Cross without even discussing it with my better half. :roll:

A day or two later, I received a telephone call from the International Red Cross office in Sofia, saying that they couldn't find a woman by the exact name in the article, but had a woman in a Bulgarian refugee camp with a similar name and two babies. They sent me a scanned copy of her documents and we're quite sure it is the same woman, but what is the difference.

I explained my situation, spoke to my Wife and she agreed that we should Foster them. Now it is UP TO THEM as the Red Cross have so far identified that although she is a Widow with two babies that she is not alone and with her Sister and possibly her Sister's family but a Red Cross field trip will identify the facts - perhaps she doesn't want to be split up from her family and stay in the Bulgarian Camp or, as most of them, they don't want to stay in Bulgaria, but want to go to richer pickings in Germany or other EU countries.

I've done my bit, she will either come or she won't and, to answer another of your questions; no idea whether or not I would receive some EU or Bulgarian money for Fostering them, it didn't enter my head at the time of offering to help - simple as, but I wouldn't turn down any EU taxpayers money if it was forthcoming.

Will the babies know me, what difference does it make as long as they're safe, warm and fed. They're only babies and won't know much for a year or two in the future.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 pm 

Ok...so there's still a fair bit to clarify.
I think when I said 'financial', I meant would it be just a financial contribution from you ie pay rent for a place with some maintenance or summat, or whether they'd actually move into your home and be 'part of the family' (which I suppose is what i interpret fostering to be...I guess that's why I asked the question about the kids).
I know nothing about fostering/sponsoring but I'm doubting you'll get any help or reward unless there's some kind of legal guardianship arrangement for the kids...?

But you know what? You'll go to heaven Mr Moscow..... :smt083

I'll be where all the fun is at... :smt098

Let us know how things go....

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
Ok...so there's still a fair bit to clarify.
I think when I said 'financial', I meant would it be just a financial contribution from you ie pay rent for a place with some maintenance or summat, or whether they'd actually move into your home and be 'part of the family' (which I suppose is what i interpret fostering to be...I guess that's why I asked the question about the kids).
I know nothing about fostering/sponsoring but I'm doubting you'll get any help or reward unless there's some kind of legal guardianship arrangement for the kids...?

But you know what? You'll go to heaven Mr Moscow..... :smt083

I'll be where all the fun is at... :smt098

Let us know how things go....

Okay, understand your meaning better now - I have a lot of land and am going to put a container house such as this on my neighbouring land: -

http://www.tophouse.bg/product/Premestvaema%20kashta%2063%D0%BC2/EN

It'll have water, electricity and sewerage to a septic tank plus, a wood burning stove as I have loads of wood for heating and cooking if preferred over a bottled gas hob/oven.

My house in the village is only a one bedroom place as I don't see the point in having large houses to heat during winter when nobody uses it, but when/if we get Cabin Fever, we retreat to the apartment in the seaside city of Burgas.

Not sure about Heaven, but I wouldn't mind some of those Virgins. I wonder, if I could make a deal with God and have some of them now before everything wilts. :wink: :lol:

Mark Twain

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Nutty & Kat's Counsel House