Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
wolfrunna wrote:
Chris Froome is right up there.
Four Tour de France and umpteen other victories.
Probably will win La Vuelta .
Other than Messi,Chris my favourite sportsman today.
BTW,Clean as a whistle,all drug test results available for inspection.


As are Lance Armstrong's. And are Froome's bikes available to inspect for motors?

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23104
Location: Cannock.
toomb wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Chris Froome is right up there.
Four Tour de France and umpteen other victories.
Probably will win La Vuelta .
Other than Messi,Chris my favourite sportsman today.
BTW,Clean as a whistle,all drug test results available for inspection.


As are Lance Armstrong's. And are Froome's bikes available to inspect for motors?


The French suspect Froome isn't clean as can be heard by the spectators along the routes.

Time will tell.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:07 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
knocker knowles wrote:
toomb wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Chris Froome is right up there.
Four Tour de France and umpteen other victories.
Probably will win La Vuelta .
Other than Messi,Chris my favourite sportsman today.
BTW,Clean as a whistle,all drug test results available for inspection.


As are Lance Armstrong's. And are Froome's bikes available to inspect for motors?


The French suspect Froome isn't clean as can be heard by the spectators along the routes.

Time will tell.


It's been a lot worse than the spectators making themselves heard Knocker -
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/fan-throws-urine-on-chris-froome-and-calls-him-doper-at-tour-de-france-183208

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Froome is amazing, but no one is bothered about him in Britain's
What he does goes mainly unnoticed.

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
toomb wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Chris Froome is right up there.
Four Tour de France and umpteen other victories.
Probably will win La Vuelta .
Other than Messi,Chris my favourite sportsman today.
BTW,Clean as a whistle,all drug test results available for inspection.


As are Lance Armstrong's. And are Froome's bikes available to inspect for motors?


Image

Image

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
wolfrunna wrote:
Chris Froome is right up there.


I'm not sure of the exact figures but around 45% of elite cyclists take medication for asthma, due to being asthmatic.. For elite athletes in athletics, that figure drops to around 15%.

Coincidence or not??

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
Being an elite athlete WITH asthma in itself is amazing, having been struck down with it myself over the last two years I can only wonder at their brilliance.
When I suck on me Salbutamol it certainly dont help me to become the king of the mountains.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
Rozza wrote:
Being an elite athlete WITH asthma in itself is amazing, having been struck down with it myself over the last two years I can only wonder at their brilliance.
When I suck on me Salbutamol it certainly dont help me to become the king of the mountains.


Incredible how GB hadn't ever had a Tour de France winner, then 2 in a matter of years, who are both asthmatic.

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20575
Location: Four Oaks
Why do I get the impression that Toomb is not entirely convinced about these cyclists? :lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
Left back wrote:
Why do I get the impression that Toomb is not entirely convinced about these cyclists? :lol:


I don't see how anyone could be really? Even if there wasn't mounting evidence against Froome and Wiggins, surely just the fact that they are top cyclists raises questions?

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23104
Location: Cannock.
If your number one in the sport you know your going to be drug tested at regular times so must be a fool to let any stimulant enter your body without official consent.

No excuses.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9113
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
Rozza wrote:
Being an elite athlete WITH asthma in itself is amazing, having been struck down with it myself over the last two years I can only wonder at their brilliance.
When I suck on me Salbutamol it certainly dont help me to become the king of the mountains.


i also have asthma but it wasn't diagnosed until i was 35, about 5 years ago, this is how i feel eveytime i need to use the salbutamol

Image

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: Under a Wanderers Scarf
knocker knowles wrote:
If your number one in the sport you know your going to be drug tested at regular times so must be a fool to let any stimulant enter your body without official consent.

No excuses.


There's a good blog on it here: http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/

My best guess is they cocked up the blood bags, as happened to Contador. There's no way they'd risk an overdos mid tour

_________________
toomb's twitter

I write about Wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
whelp wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Being an elite athlete WITH asthma in itself is amazing, having been struck down with it myself over the last two years I can only wonder at their brilliance.
When I suck on me Salbutamol it certainly dont help me to become the king of the mountains.


i also have asthma but it wasn't diagnosed until i was 35, about 5 years ago, this is how i feel eveytime i need to use the salbutamol

Image


Spot on

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
We clearly abused the TUE system. The evidence is overwhelming. Not illegal maybe, but morally bankrupt.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 2004
Location: Wolverhampton
I have been asthmatic for over 60 years. I have taken salbutamol for many years. I cannot see how on earth four puffs instead of two turns you from an also-ran into a grand tour winner. I have taken four instead of two and it has no additional effects on me as far as I am aware. It either opens the airways or it doesn't.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15682
Location: Moved
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
I have been asthmatic for over 60 years. I have taken salbutamol for many years. I cannot see how on earth four puffs instead of two turns you from an also-ran into a grand tour winner. I have taken four instead of two and it has no additional effects on me as far as I am aware. It either opens the airways or it doesn't.


Try four while riding a bike Who knows what it may do for your sex life :D

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18969
Location: WV4 and WL4
suiging wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
I have been asthmatic for over 60 years. I have taken salbutamol for many years. I cannot see how on earth four puffs instead of two turns you from an also-ran into a grand tour winner. I have taken four instead of two and it has no additional effects on me as far as I am aware. It either opens the airways or it doesn't.


Try four while riding a bike Who knows what it may do for your sex life :D


:lol: If four puffs of salbutamol can give me lead for hours on end, as well as cycle up the Ventoux hands free, where do I get this shit? :lol:

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.