Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport

Share On:

Post subject: Froch, Bellew, Groves
 Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 am 
Manager
Manager

Be a nice bet to go against all three

Froch has a real fight on his hands, he is facing a guy who is equally as tough but hits harder than he does and like Karl has a granite chin. I think Karl has more ability to change his style and fight smarter off a jab and giving Kesler angles as not to allow Kessler to fight his counter punching style toe to toe. I hope Karl wins but it really is a 50/50 fight and Mr Fred has had my dolla on Kessler. Whoever wins if they meet Ward gets beaten easily, fuckit Ward could fight Kessler for six and Froch for the second six and still win :lol:

Bellew has an immediate rematch with a very slick fighter, last time out the fight was scored a draw but personally I thought Chilemba had won by at least a couple of rounds. Bellew simply has to be better than last time against a very cagey fighter who wants to work at his pace from his range. Bellow needs to step on him and make sure he controls the distance or he is going to lose because from range he will get picked off continually. Whoever wins is going to lose the title shot however :wink:

Groves camp is talking up his oppo as a bit of a banger, too average fighters meeting with Groves just edging it. Over the distance George would be slick enough to put enough rounds in the sink to win and if his oppo sits on his punches George is quick enough to box fight in and out ...... But two very average guys.

....................... Muslera

....... Puyol (c) .... Pique ...... Chielini

....................... Busquets

Alves ..... Xavi ............ Iniesta .... Criscitio

.............................. Messi
............. Michu

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Froch and Kessler is a definite 50/50, I think Froch is gonna try and start quickly like he did with Bute, Kessler hasn't been as active since they last met and that might go against him but he looks in superb shape, I can't call this one but I'm really looking forward to it. If Ward fought outside of America and beat these guys then I would declare him the better boxer, the Americans are too comfy at home at times.

I thought Chilemba edged the first fight with Bellew who was very under par that night, I think Bellew will want to put things right and look for a tear up, I have Bellew to win this one.

I haven't seen Groves fight since he beat DeGale, I thought he had his tactics spot on in that one and I'm looking forward to seeing how he has progressed since then. He is still young and I think there is a title shot in him but I don't think he is quite world class, I know nothing about his opponent but I'm really looking forward to watching the action tonight.

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

I agree with most of what Moli has written about all three fights.

I think Froch is made for Kessler and could come undone by the way Kessler likes to throw the right hook (lazy low left hand of Froch leaves him susceptible)

Bellew needs to get on him and stay on him, he has a quality jab when he works it but could be on the end of a wide points defeat by a fighter with a bit more variation then Tony has.

Groves needs to box but will get drawn into a brawl at some point which will piss off Adam Booth.

Would like all three to triumph but can only see Groves winning.

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Good night of boxing if not spectacular.

Bellew talks intelligently but doesn't fight it, he made the same mistakes against a slippery fighter as he did in the first fight but his work rate in the earlier rounds won it for me. Chilemba will make some of the best look bad and Bellew kept going for the big one shot punches when a good jab would have sorted this guy out, a lot of boxers dismiss the jab but it's the best punch in your arsenal IMO. Bellew deserved the win and hopefully he won't come up against such a spoiler in future.

George Groves looked superb, he didn't allow his opponent an inch and what a sweet punch it was for the KO, I thought the ref should have let him fight on but the guy had done nothing in the fight to suggest he was gonna do anything. Groves was punch perfect, great jab, variety of punches, he was on the front foot without being reckless and didn't allow his opponent a glimpse of a chance. I think he is ready for a title shot, Super-Middle is the best division by far and I think Groves can step into the gap that Froch and Kessler will leave, Watch out for Callum Smith as well, tonight was the third fight of his I have seen and he is so much better than fighters of similar pro experience it's unreal.

Froch and Kessler looked like 2 old warriors at the top of their game, they gave everything and there was some quality stuff but I can't help but think they are one fight away from retiring. As a man of similar age I can't believe how fit they am and I hope they still have a few more years in them yet, but there are plenty of young guns who have them in their sights and I think they are one fight away from retiring.

Froch vs Ward, in Britain, now that would be the biggest fight of the year, come on over and fight in Froch's backyard, if I was Froch that would be the fight I would look for before retiring.

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Got to catch up on all three and the ECL final as was at a wedding all day and my iPad and sky go decided to break at 1am ..... Obviously nothing to do with alcohol :roll:

....................... Muslera

....... Puyol (c) .... Pique ...... Chielini

....................... Busquets

Alves ..... Xavi ............ Iniesta .... Criscitio

.............................. Messi
............. Michu

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport