Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport

Share On:

Post subject: Wimbledon & Murray
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

I see that dour, po-faced, inverse-charismatic, male equivalent of Susan Boyle has won.
Please no, not again, Sir Andy Murray !!!!! I would rather eat a goat shit sandwich than see this bloke win another accolade.

Honestly, we'll be giving awards to lollipop ladies who can wipe their arse with both hands..

Go an write a song with your dad, Art's done fuck all since bright eyes.....

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wimbledon & Murray
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Oh dear, why slag off one of the greatest British sportsman in history.. Madness.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Hey we can't all love everyone......

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 am 
Manager
Manager

He will eventually be Sir Andy Murray, its inevitable and deserved IMO.

quality tennis player, I hope he retains his title although Djok is looking imperious.

not seen Nadal or Feds yet, even Wawrinka could cause an upset

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

He's really gone up in my estimation over the past couple of years. Not everyone on this planet radiates with happiness and smiles. I just want to see him do well, he seems like a well-grounded, passionate person and it's great to see someone finally bring a bit of pride to British tennis.

That said, I can't see him doing very well at Wimbledon this year. A semi-final finish will be a big achievement.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
He's really gone up in my estimation over the past couple of years. Not everyone on this planet radiates with happiness and smiles. I just want to see him do well, he seems like a well-grounded, passionate person and it's great to see someone finally bring a bit of pride to British tennis.

That said, I can't see him doing very well at Wimbledon this year. A semi-final finish will be a big achievement.

he's basically going to win until he gets to one of the other big 4, then its a coin toss.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Mr Charisma and mediocre ping pong on grass player.....

Let me see who will I always remember ahead of this clown, and in no particular order...

Borg
Becker
McEnroe
Connors
Lendel
Nastasi
Nadal
Fedra
Sampras
Cash
Agasi
Wilander
Lloyd
Leconte
Djkovic

Oh yeah and Timmy because of his hill and Jeremy because he was a master and you can lump them with Eddie the sparrow....

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:

Let me see who will I always remember ahead of this clown, and in no particular order...

Borg
Becker
McEnroe
Connors
Lendel
Nastasi
Nadal
Fedra
Sampras
Cash
Agasi
Wilander
Lloyd
Leconte
Djkovic

Oh yeah and Timmy because of his hill and Jeremy because he was a master and you can lump them with Eddie the sparrow....

Probably mate, stands a chance.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:

Borg
Becker
McEnroe
Connors
Lendel
Nastasi
Nadal
Fedra
Sampras
Cash
Agasi
Wilander
Lloyd
Leconte
Djkovic

Murray will during his career earn more than most of those put together, he will probably still be earning upwards of 5 million a year for life.
Immortality achieved with last years Wimbledon victory.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Didn't think you liked wealth KK....I do, that's where I say fair play, he's mediocre, not much about him, yeah exploit it, go fool the masses.

£5,000,000 per year, shit, I won't have accumulated 5 mill in salaries from initial employment till death... do us part.

I doff my cap to the gormless buffoon...nice ping pong if you can get it.

But arise Sir Andy !!!! winner of Wimbledon when all the best players were fucked, you've got to be shitting me....

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:
Didn't think you liked wealth KK....I do, that's where I say fair play, he's mediocre, not much about him, yeah exploit it, go fool the masses.

£5,000,000 per year, shit, I won't have accumulated 5 mill in salaries from initial employment till death... do us part.

But arise Sir Andy !!!! winner of Wimbledon when all the best players were fucked, you've got to be shitting me....

you've gotta be more than mediocre to win w'don, shirley

he seems a bit of a dickhead to me but ive gotta respect what he's achieved regardless of the dough

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:

How do you measure wealth, I know a millionaire who Jez Moxey wont let in his house, goes there most weeks, not a footballer.

Treatment of the vulnerable should be the benchmark against which we measure a civilised society - Ed Miliband

Last edited by knocker knowles on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

chriskamara wrote:
Gen Wolf wrote:

you've gotta be more than mediocre to win w'don, shirley

he seems a bit of a dickhead to me but ive gotta respect what he's achieved regardless of the dough

Maybe but don't call me Shirley :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:36 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

knocker knowles wrote:
Gen Wolf wrote:

How do you measure wealth, I know a millionaire who Jez Moxey wont let in his house, goes there most weeks, not a footballer.

Treatment of the vulnerable should be the benchmark against which we measure a civilised society - Ed Miliband

Well all I can say is that your mate the millionaire who pitches up weekly at jelly bellies house only to be turned away sounds like a bit of a pilock, leasons learned and all that ;)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Gen Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Gen Wolf wrote:

Well all I can say is that your mate the millionaire who pitches up weekly at jelly bellies house only to be turned away sounds like a bit of a pilock, leasons learned and all that ;)

He doesn't go to see Moxey but his stay there is rewarding without having to bother with the arrogance of the owner.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

sounds intriguing

is he knocking off mrs moxey or something? - if so he's got a bit of cheek coming round and expecting jiz to let him in

more proof that i'm a horrible person - usually hear of an affair i feel a bit sorry for the partner being cheated on but in this instance it brought a smile to my face :oops:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:47 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Sounds like a rent boy, through the keyhole......

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

maybe it's her tennis coach?

they nearly get as much random snatch as pool boys, so say the movies

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Andy Powered past Bautista Agut in fairly straight forward fashion.

Always pushing himself to play better as well even though he smashed his opponent off the court. nice to see.

Should progress past Big Kev today, far too many gaps in Kevs Game, should be dealt with by Andy

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Andy Murray was very good, Novak Djokovic was brilliant this week will end in tears for the home support.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:21 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Andy Murray was very good, Novak Djokovic was brilliant this week will end in tears for the home support.

I though Novak was a bit Shaky in the 3rd set against Tsonga.

Novak had no answer to a lot of Tsonga's serving, although Novak put nearly as many aces/unreturnables himself.

If the 3rd set had been the first set then I think it would have been a very different match.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:45 am 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Novak had no answer to a lot of Tsonga's serving, although Novak put nearly as many aces/unreturnables himself.

If the 3rd set had been the first set then I think it would have been a very different match.

I thought Tsonga was reduced to going for the low percentage shot, all pace and power trying to hit the lines.
Unless its your lucky day that kind of streak catches up with you.

I think for Murray to win he has to be hitting the first serve consistently then also far better quality with the second serve, and maybe serve and volley a little more.

Does he want it as much as Novak, I dont think so.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I thought Tsonga was reduced to going for the low percentage shot, all pace and power trying to hit the lines.
Unless its your lucky day that kind of streak catches up with you.

I think for Murray to win he has to be hitting the first serve consistently then also far better quality with the second serve, and maybe serve and volley a little more.

Does he want it as much as Novak, I dont think so.

Murrays first serve has been constantly improving since he started playing. its better now than last year. his second serve has been of a consistent quality for years IMO.

I do think Djok seems to want it more this year tho, only time will tell.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

didn't see it but murray is now gone.

not as big a shock as nadal going but still...

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Oh dear arise sir .......not this year :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Beaten on the day by a player who you look at and think future champion.

Get that serve right Andy, its the key weapon. Second serve just buckled under pressure.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 am 
Manager
Manager

ATP rankings
1- Djokovic 2- Nadal 3- Federer 4- Wawrinka 5- Berdych 6- Raonic 7- Ferrer 8- Del Potro 9- Dimitrov 10- Murray.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:22 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

...and its all down hill from here.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Going well in the Aussie open, he only has to get past Berdych (not a walk in the park) and then hopefully Djokovic will have a tough match against Wawrinka setting up a winnable final.

was lucky that Berdych knocked out Nadal but you only have to beat whats in front of you.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Something you wont see very often, Tomas Berdych is one year older at 29 then his new coach Dani Vallverdu.
Good match in prospect both are in a good place mentally.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport