Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:50 am 
Manager
Manager

My 70p each way Patent ( £9.80 outlay) paid me £35.72 for just two placed horses, Special Tiara at 16-1 and Bless the Wings at 33-1, both horses finished third. Not too bad a day.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Thursdays bet, a 30p each way Lucky 15 for £9-00:

13-30 Bristol de Mai
15-30 Thistlecrack
16-50 Limimi
17-30 Doctor Harper.

Spare £1 left over for a punt on Missed Approach to win in the 14-10.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

I made a mere 20p thanks to gladbach :lol:

today:

1-30 Black Hercules £10 win

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Today 50p win lucky 15 Garde La Victoire/ Our Kaempfer/ Johns Spirit/ Doctor Harper.

£2.50 win treble Vautour/Thistlecrack/ Limini

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

today:

I will round up your 20p to a £1 if I have a good day today........ 8)

Yours Sincerely

George Osborne.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

today:

I will round up your 20p to a £1 if I have a good day today........ 8)

Yours Sincerely

George Osborne.

Best cheltenham i will have ever had if you do :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Day 3, and Black Hercules takes my winnings to £240.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:

I did the sky bet free bet on the 1-30 and kerching £137.50. :smt023

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:

I did the sky bet free bet on the 1-30 and kerching £137.50. :smt023

I lost some of my winnings this afternoon, on three EWs, which shows gambling ain't for me. Two fourths in 3 places, and a 5th in 4 places :( Some cracking races, and it seems that the ground is helping some short priced favourites, gallop home.

On to tomorrow, and fingers crossed for a 1:30 treble, before the Gold Cup. It's been a great meeting, maybe next year...

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well a nice £50 for comp purposes.I would say it will be very close going into friday for all three of us especially after Rozza got out of jail with his short price treble :sheepshagger

Tomorrow

£4 Zubayr 1-30
£4 Cue card gold cup
£2 double

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well a nice £50 for comp purposes.I would say it will be very close going into friday for all three of us especially after Rozza got out of jail with his short price treble :sheepshagger

Tomorrow

£4 Zubayr 1-30
£4 Cue card gold cup
£2 double

It would have been a £10 treble had i not been the subject of your previous scorn for betting in such a fashion :evil: .

£4 win today on Zubayr and Don Cossack and a £2 treble to include Barters Hill in the 2.50.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Tomorrow

£4 Zubayr 1-30
£4 Cue card gold cup
£2 double

It would have been a £10 treble had i not been the subject of your previous scorn for betting in such a fashion :evil: .

£4 win today on Zubayr and Don Cossack and a £2 treble to include Barters Hill in the 2.50.

Hey a £10 treble is ok by me it's the 20p e/w goliaths with 8 odds on shots that make me chuckle :lol: A bit like gladbach's e/w lucky 15 with 2 even money favs in it :shock: No offence :wink:
Now if you pulled me over for doing 70 in a 30 zone could i talk you out of giving me a fine and points?You get me drift :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Joking aside Cue Card has to be the bet doesn't it after Vautour romped in yesterday?Or has he got Djakadam's jumping sorted and he knows it will romp in?I'm sticking with Cue Card though.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joking aside Cue Card has to be the bet doesn't it after Vautour romped in yesterday?Or has he got Djakadam's jumping sorted and he knows it will romp in?I'm sticking with Cue Card though.

Cue Card would be nice for Mr Tizzard's pocket and Alice Plunkett's blood pressure, I just think that Don Cossack has a little bit more than Cue Card although CC is usually a better jumper than DC. I think now that Brian Cooper has got one on the board he will be more than chilled for this too.

My cheeky suspicions are with Smad Place though??

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Will go e/w on Smad Place because if he is allowed to dictate up top early on and build up a healthy lead, he will be hard to topple but good ground is not his usual ground. Main win bet will be Cue Card, cannot go against his Cheltenham form and record. Don Poli and Don Cossack will be up there and not sure about Djakadam as he fell at the Trials day here in January, so is an iffy choice.

Todays Final day blowout is:

£5 win Cue Card
£5 win Uknowhatimeanharry.

End of another great Festivals racing, it is exceptionally thrilling and also fun, even when you lose a few pennies, like I generally do.. 8)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Brilliant outcome for Victoria Pendleton. I don't know what Francome and Scudamore's agenda was but their empty words make them look foolish.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Will go e/w on Smad Place because if he is allowed to dictate up top early on and build up a healthy lead, he will be hard to topple but good ground is not his usual ground. Main win bet will be Cue Card, cannot go against his Cheltenham form and record. Don Poli and Don Cossack will be up there and not sure about Djakadam as he fell at the Trials day here in January, so is an iffy choice.

Todays Final day blowout is:

£5 win Cue Card
£5 win Uknowhatimeanharry.

End of another great Festivals racing, it is exceptionally thrilling and also fun, even when you lose a few pennies, like I generally do.. 8)

Dave, the £5 win on Mr Bruno's hoss :wink: has sealed the tipping medal i believe.The overall winner of the competition though is of course,...... Embers followed by knocker, so well done to those runners.

weighed in, weighed in :lol:

(sound of a klaxon in the background)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Too far out to say if cue card would have won but i bet paddy b is on the **** drowning his sorrows.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

A great week's racing, but let's spare a thought for those horses that didn't come home. Of those that did, and triumphed, some new stars were born.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Too far out to say if cue card would have won but i bet paddy b is on the **** drowning his sorrows.

TBF ken when Cue Card went I was concerned that he was ok as it was a dreadful fall, then I was hoping he had pulled a few down with him, then I was chuffed to see the best horse winning well cos I was on him so to speak,tis what makes National Hunt racing so enthralling.

As Embers says a few of them wont come home, we feel for the people who own and cherish them, but the sport will go on because those horses would never have been born without their future in the trade being pre-ordained.

My dad is dying of cancer in New Cross as we speak. After spending the best part of a month watching him become a pain ridden husk of a man, I for one would swap his demise whilst pursuing something that he would achieve greatness for or loved doing, than his current inhuman corrosion of life.
Its a paradox I found quite poignant this week as, given the choice, I would erect the screens around me dad and put a hypodermic or a bullet in him meself as an act of kindness.

Unfortunately we are humans driven by a religious ideology that ALL life is sacred, I doe feel that to be correct at the moment.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

TBF ken when Cue Card went I was concerned that he was ok as it was a dreadful fall, then I was hoping he had pulled a few down with him, then I was chuffed to see the best horse winning well cos I was on him so to speak,tis what makes National Hunt racing so enthralling.

As Embers says a few of them wont come home, we feel for the people who own and cherish them, but the sport will go on because those horses would never have been born without their future in the trade being pre-ordained.

My dad is dying of cancer in New Cross as we speak. After spending the best part of a month watching him become a pain ridden husk of a man, I for one would swap his demise whilst pursuing something that he would achieve greatness for or loved doing, than his current inhuman corrosion of life.
Its a paradox I found quite poignant this week as, given the choice, I would erect the screens around me dad and put a hypodermic or a bullet in him meself as an act of kindness.

Unfortunately we are humans driven by a religious ideology that ALL life is sacred, I doe feel that to be correct at the moment.

Sorry Rozza i was where you are just over 2 years ago with my dad.I have no great words of wisdom i wish i had but i will genuinely be thinking of you and yours.Take it easy eh.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

[Quote by Rozza:

Rozza, so sorry to hear this very bad news you have to bear. My Dad passed away from cancer in 1997 and watching him reduce to a frail shell was heartbreaking to behold. Remember the memories you have had with him through life and celebrate his life when it sadly ends. Hard days to endure and get through. Keep your chin up.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

As I saw Cue Card approach the 3rd last fence and get his nose in front before the jump, I thought he would go on to win but somehow he contrived to take off a bit too early and messed it all up. Such are the fine margins between success and failure in racing. C'est la vie.

Had a nice £42.50 win on a £2-50 e,w bet on Uknowhatimeanharry, so not too bad. Pooled my bet winnings with a mate in the pub and we ended up with £107 in our kitty, deduct the £35 each that we bet, £5 per race X7...left a profit of £37 that paid for the curry and a few more ales. The remaining £50 was put into our Grand National Kitty.

All in all, the usual great Festival with many highlights, Sprinter Scare and Thistlecrack were awesome. Mullins and Ruby Walsh are a licence to print money. Top jockey Richard Johnson did not get a winner all week. Bring on the Grand National on April 9th.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Well done gents for an entertaining thread on a site that sorely needs them at the moment. Aintree next!!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Well done gents for an entertaining thread on a site that sorely needs them at the moment. Aintree next!!

No problem, happy to contribute to some fun and banter. Your bill is in the post.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport