THE WOLF
http://the-wolf.co.uk/

Boxing
http://the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=69284
Page 1 of 1

Author:  suiging [ Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Boxing

RIP the poor lad who died from injuries in the ring.

I do find the calls as expected, to ban the sport, somewhat illogical. The three deaths in recent years are tragic, however the numerous deaths each year from running marathons never seem to result in calls for running to be banned.....

Go figure.

Author:  whelp [ Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

good point well made mr 'ging

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

The medical back up for fighters below the top level is not good enough, to many gyms are far to casual and promoters take no notice.
The lad had experienced severe headaches in the week proceeding the fight, at that time he required guidance and protection.

He didn't receive it.

Author:  suiging [ Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

knocker knowles wrote:
The medical back up for fighters below the top level is not good enough, to many gyms are far to casual and promoters take no notice.
The lad had experienced severe headaches in the week proceeding the fight, at that time he required guidance and protection.

He didn't receive it.


All true KK. But as an old knacker I can put on a bunny suit pay my ten quid or whatever and pound the streets of where ever, whenever I like. No checks on my condition and if I was daft enough to do it, a dead man walking.

Things boxing can do for sure. But the sport is a bit like football fans, hated by the establishment and subject to illogical hysterical reactions.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Frampton and Santa Cruz , one each.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Boxing enthusiasts your thoughts on Keith Thurman?

Author:  Bullgod [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

knocker knowles wrote:
Boxing enthusiasts your thoughts on Keith Thurman?


Real deal. Takes one to land one so will always give chances away. Bit vulnerable to the body but has enough ammunition to keep people away. Beats Pacquiao if he fights him next.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Bullgod wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Boxing enthusiasts your thoughts on Keith Thurman?


Real deal. Takes one to land one so will always give chances away. Bit vulnerable to the body but has enough ammunition to keep people away. Beats Pacquiao if he fights him next.


Yeah, tend to agree, throws to many wild shots and roundhouse punches for my liking but has something for sure.

Here's one.

Does Jorge Linares beat Mikey Garcia should that bout happen next?

Author:  Low Hill Born [ Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Yes he does.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Low Hill Born wrote:
Yes he does.


Its a good fight I really do like Mikey, what he had to go through to get back to where he is now, like his family, his brother and his attitude towards others.

I take Mikey by knock out.

Author:  WolvesTowner [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

knocker knowles wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
Yes he does.


Its a good fight I really do like Mikey, what he had to go through to get back to where he is now, like his family, his brother and his attitude towards others.

I take Mikey by knock out.


The only way mikey could win is by knock out, over 12 rounds Linares wins comfortably imo

Linares lands a huge number of shots now

Author:  knocker knowles [ Mon May 22, 2017 6:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Very often I know more about American fighters than British fighters thats the beauty of modern technology.

Gervonta Davis came to the UK this week, won easily in three, but tell you what the Brit fighter Liam Walsh impressed me.

All to often Brit fighters are one dimensional, that wasn't the case, he could rise again.

If you have the chance watch the Terence Crawford vs Felix Diaz fight, Crawford is one of the best technicians out there at the moment.
Smooth, smart fighter.

Author:  Rozza [ Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40951253

Check out MUHAMMED ALI VS ANTONIO INOKI 25 06 1976

You might just get the gist about how much this is a load of bollocks. You might just look at the fees given to the protagonists and indeed the fees charged to the fuckin idiots who consider this to purvey boxing.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Mayweather in this stage of his life is all about the money, the numbers. You give him the opportunity to earn a hundred million or more and you awaken his interest.

This Mixed martial artist Conor MacGregor is but a freak show whether he knows it or not.

Floyd will punish him, break his will and retire him.

The quicker it ends the less the pain and embarrassment.

Still if the moneys right I guess he could go again against Paulie Malignaggi. Thats if your really gullible.

Author:  toomb [ Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

knocker knowles wrote:
Mayweather in this stage of his life is all about the money, the numbers. You give him the opportunity to earn a hundred million or more and you awaken his interest.

This Mixed martial artist Conor MacGregor is but a freak show whether he knows it or not.

Floyd will punish him, break his will and retire him.

The quicker it ends the less the pain and embarrassment.

Still if the moneys right I guess he could go again against Paulie Malignaggi. Thats if your really gullible.


How big would the purse have to be for Mayweather to risk his 49-0 record?

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

toomb wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Mayweather in this stage of his life is all about the money, the numbers. You give him the opportunity to earn a hundred million or more and you awaken his interest.

This Mixed martial artist Conor MacGregor is but a freak show whether he knows it or not.

Floyd will punish him, break his will and retire him.

The quicker it ends the less the pain and embarrassment.

Still if the moneys right I guess he could go again against Paulie Malignaggi. Thats if your really gullible.


How big would the purse have to be for Mayweather to risk his 49-0 record?


Maybe a hundred million which your only going to get from a real contender. Yet Floyd at 40 would probably turn it down.

Maybe a low risk event in Australia against Jeff Horn if the Aussie government wants to double the national debt.

Author:  CANNOCK WOLF [ Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

This side show is still not yet sold out.. And I can't see how boxing wins with this orgy of excess.

Author:  Rozza [ Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41065740

This is a good report on the overwhelmingly and shockingly shambolic nonsense that purported to be a boxing event.
I watched boxers in my youth with awe that grew up in the shitholes of Mexico, Africa, Chicago and the white southern states of America who fought to achieve the ultimate accolade of the champ through hard work and application and skill, the Mayweather bollocks is a stain on all of that history, yet its lapped up.

Another sport thats utterly fucked up by brand over talent.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Rozza wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41065740

This is a good report on the overwhelmingly and shockingly shambolic nonsense that purported to be a boxing event.
I watched boxers in my youth with awe that grew up in the shitholes of Mexico, Africa, Chicago and the white southern states of America who fought to achieve the ultimate accolade of the champ through hard work and application and skill, the Mayweather bollocks is a stain on all of that history, yet its lapped up.

Another sport thats utterly fucked up by brand over talent.


Not many great fighters came out of Chicago that I can remember but they did have huge fields to showcase big events.

That was taken away when Vegas and pay per view came along with the ability to show those events in Cinemas which proceeded the home audience.

As with other sports as soon as you can move it into the easy watching tv audience the sport gets diluted. it becomes show business. Much like Wrestling.
Where selling the event and the narrative eclipses the event.

Best fighter out of Chicago, Ernie Whats my name Tyrell.

Author:  CANNOCK WOLF [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

It was comical, and transparent in its purpose, to make as much money as possible.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Chris Eubank Jr.

I think hes next to hopeless but he did surprise me last week with that early knock out.

I hope he goes far enough to meet George Groves who would destroy him.

Author:  CANNOCK WOLF [ Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Boxing

Chris is not as good as he thinks
At 28 its now or never for him

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/