Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport

Share On:

Post subject: Canelo vs Khan
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Amir Khan to challenge Canelo Alvarez for the middleweight crown on May 7th, Khan never fought above 147, this fight is being made at catchweight 155. On the night of the fight Canelo will probably weigh around 170. Can only see one winner, Canelo to blitz Khan within the first four rounds.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Canelo vs Khan
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Canelo has slow hands and slow feet , that is why 'Team Khan' have picked such a high profile but dangerous fighter. Can only see one winner though - Canelo by stoppage.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Britain's James DeGale retained his International Boxing Federation super middleweight world title with a hard-fought unanimous decision over Mexican Rogelio Medina.

DeGale's speed and accuracy made the difference against the mandatory challenger, who pressed the champion throughout a physical bout.

All three judges scored it in favor of DeGale, one by 115-113, one by 116-112 and the third 117-111.

The crowd at the DC Armory jeered the result, preferring Medina's aggressive style.

DeGale himself admitted he wished he had done more, but he set himself up for a unification bout later in the year with the winner of the night's main event between World Boxing Council super middleweight champion Badou Jack of Sweden and Canadian former champion Lucian Bute.

"The boxing skills are too good," DeGale said of his victory. "If I'm being honest, he's a very strong fighter, but skills pay the bills."

Still, it was far from the knockout DeGale had vowed to deliver.

The relentless Medina was effective when he trapped DeGale on the ropes, but again and again the champion was able to escape and deliver accurate, powerful blows.

"I'm a bit disappointed," said DeGale, who improved to 23-1 with 14 knockouts. "I should be taking out people like Porky Medina -- no disrespect to him."

Medina was clearly unhappy with the decision -- and even before with DeGale's tongue-wagging taunts. He spit at the champion after the 11th round, saying he was frustrated by head-butts from the Brit.

"He said he was going to stop me," said Medina, who fell to 36-7. "He was running all around and he didn't stop me like he said he would. He was head butting me and I was getting a little frustrated and that's why I spit on him.

"He's the only one who thinks he won. The fans think I won. I definitely want the rematch."

Southpaw DeGale, a 2008 Olympic gold medalist, made his second defense of the title he won with a victory over Andre Dirrell last May.

He said he'd be ready for a unification bout.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

This fight, proved once again how weak Khan's chin is. I will give him his due though, he was up on the cards and Canelo has a hell of a punch.

I can't see Khan transcending, ever. If, and it's a big if, he ever fights Kell Brook, I can only see Brook schooling him.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:45 am 
Manager
Manager

If your a mug like me you stayed up through the night to watch Canelo v Chavez Jnr.

OK it was a dumb call to expect a challenge from Junior and it just didn't happen.

Thats the worst Mexican fighter you will ever see, he just never let his hands go and lost every round comprehensively.

5 o clock in the morning when it concluded, just to watch a sparring session, Knocker you must be crazy.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
If your a mug like me you stayed up through the night to watch Canelo v Chavez Jnr.

OK it was a dumb call to expect a challenge from Junior and it just didn't happen.

Thats the worst Mexican fighter you will ever see, he just never let his hands go and lost every round comprehensively.

5 o clock in the morning when it concluded, just to watch a sparring session, Knocker you must be crazy.

Well at least you got to watch GGG vs Canelo confirmed...

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 am 
Manager
Manager

Supernoodle23 wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I missed that, needed a couple of hours sleep because I had to be in town before Eleven for the Wolves game.

I think Triple G bangs out Canelo in about 8, we saw more flaws than positives at the weekend.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Supernoodle23 wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I missed that, needed a couple of hours sleep because I had to be in town before Eleven for the Wolves game.

I think Triple G bangs out Canelo in about 8, we saw more flaws than positives at the weekend.

I have Canelo to take it, purely because he's probably the best counter puncher in the business. GGG lets his hands go, but his problem is, his defence is shocking. His chin is the only thing that keeps him up as it's made of stone, but against someone with the power of Canelo, I fear he may fall.

I am rooting for GGG, but I just can't see it.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport