Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20249
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Right then you lot, time to lose me some money again. What are your tips for the Grand National?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
All the declarations aren't in yet so I await the final line up, but if Rathvinden gets in I might have a tickle on him.
This might be the year a lady jockey wins it Cal.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
List of current odds and the line up ( 40 start) any horse 41 and higher needs others in the 40 to drop out to get a chance to run.

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Aint ... -2018/1715

My good friend, Thomas Hywel Jones has his horse BUYWISE entered and is a definite starter as things stand, I have backed him each way at 50-1 and he'll have double Grand National winning jockey Leighton Aspell aboard. He has won a race at Aintree before, ran in the National two years ago ( finished 12th) so lasts the distance. Always a late finisher at the death, he has a fighting chance.
Others I fancy include Gas Line Boy, he is 12 years old but loves Aintree, he cannot be discarded for place money. Also Blaklion, 4th last year and Vieux Lion Rouge, Tiger Roll and Vintage Clouds.

Good luck to all investors.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Minello Rocco

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
gladbachwolf wrote:
List of current odds and the line up ( 40 start) any horse 41 and higher needs others in the 40 to drop out to get a chance to run.

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Aint ... -2018/1715

My good friend, Thomas Hywel Jones has his horse BUYWISE entered and is a definite starter as things stand, I have backed him each way at 50-1 and he'll have double Grand National winning jockey Leighton Aspell aboard. He has won a race at Aintree before, ran in the National two years ago ( finished 12th) so lasts the distance. Always a late finisher at the death, he has a fighting chance.
Others I fancy include Gas Line Boy, he is 12 years old but loves Aintree, he cannot be discarded for place money. Also Blaklion, 4th last year and Vieux Lion Rouge, Tiger Roll and Vintage Clouds.

Good luck to all investors.


I really fancied Tiger Roll until I saw him jump when he won the cross country chase at Cheltenham, he hardly cleared a fence, not the requirements here. The thing about the National is not to be put off by the price on the horse.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20249
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
What irks me is that I actually like to spend time reading up and researching in order to place ‘informed’ bets, then one of my dickhead mates will pick a horse because they like the name and win loadsa dosh! Gits.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
The luck of the jammy "Once a Year" gamblers..LOL......

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
Cally wrote:
What irks me is that I actually like to spend time reading up and researching in order to place ‘informed’ bets, then one of my dickhead mates will pick a horse because they like the name and win loadsa dosh! Gits.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Cal, my sister is called Lorraine Russell, L. Russell, born 22nd of June. Check out last years winner One for Arthur trained by L. Russell, it went off numbered 22


she day back it, so it doe always work :lol:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Latest state of the entries:

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Aint ... -2018/1715

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
Now Rathvinden has gone I am on Alpha Des Obeaux and Saint Are, £2.50 e/w on both.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Official starters list now out at 10-00 this morning, Gold Present now a non runner. He is replaced by horse 41: Road to Riches.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
List of declared runners here:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/new ... ide/145318

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20249
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
I think I’m going to back Blaklion again this year, he ran a good race until the final fence in 2017 and I reckon he’s got a good chance again.

Liking the sound I Just Know & Captain Redbeard too.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Minella Rocco now a non runner.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
Changed me mind now.

£2.50 E/W on Raz de Maree and Alpha des Obeaux.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Rozza wrote:
Changed me mind now.

£2.50 E/W on Raz de Maree and Alpha des Obeaux.


French poof !!....I always suspected the Bushbury lineage was a lie. Pierre, Pepe, or whatever the fuck
your name is

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Changed me mind now.

£2.50 E/W on Raz de Maree and Alpha des Obeaux.


French poof !!....I always suspected the Bushbury lineage was a lie. Pierre, Pepe, or whatever the fuck
your name is


Call me Christine if they win !! :lol:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20577
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:
I really fancied Tiger Roll until I saw him jump when he won the cross country chase at Cheltenham, he hardly cleared a fence, not the requirements here. The thing about the National is not to be put off by the price on the horse.


Shoulda backed it the moment I read that. :lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18187
Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:
I really fancied Tiger Roll until I saw him jump when he won the cross country chase at Cheltenham, he hardly cleared a fence, not the requirements here. The thing about the National is not to be put off by the price on the horse.


Shoulda backed it the moment I read that. :lol:


Fuck and bugga, Senor Pantaloon will never win the National :mrgreen: :roll:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Grand National 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20577
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:
I really fancied Tiger Roll until I saw him jump when he won the cross country chase at Cheltenham, he hardly cleared a fence, not the requirements here. The thing about the National is not to be put off by the price on the horse.


Shoulda backed it the moment I read that. :lol:


Fuck and bugga, Senor Pantaloon will never win the National :mrgreen: :roll:


:lol: I'm on it now.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.