Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
And so it's almost upon us again, four days of madness, wonderful rides, shit rides, he highs of a long priced winner, the fury at an odds on favourite getting beaten. It is two weeks today until it starts but I have posted this earlier for folk to note and maybe partake in some £10 fantasy betting daily with myself and the legend called Rozza. As things stand, most of the bigger and better known bookies ( Skybet, Paddy Power, Hills and BetVictor) are non runner - no bet, which means that if you bet on a horse now at ante-post odds, you'll get a bigger price and if the horse does not take part in that race, your money will be refunded. Here are a couple of links:



https://cheltenham.attheraces.com/racecards


https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival


Bring it on..!!!! Enjoy.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:24 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
growing concerns that the spread of corona virus might postpone the Festival.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:58 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
I hope the virus leaves the sport alone but I can see where it may scupper the whole event. Did we have a bout of horse flu this time last year that almost put paid to it too?

Anyroad, coughing and snotting permitting, I am going on the Thursday this year instead of the Tuesday . 15th year of going now!!
If anyone intends to bet then this is a no brainer https://m.skybet.com/lp/acq-bet-10-get-40/

£40 s worth of bets paid in cash for a tenner??

They are still doing money back if your horse loses on the first race each day maximum of £10, another no brainer. They got hammered last year because they allowed £20 free for the first races, both my daughter and I got a nice £200 bonus on the second day for nothing.

My bankers for the festival are Tiger Roll for the Cross Country with Neverushacon a great e/w bet at 16/1.
Paisley Park for the Stayers Hurdle and Shishkin for whichever race he takes part in.

Delta Work for the Gold Cup with a cheeky outside bet or forecast on Presenting Percy.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:01 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
A good link that, Rozza, I have opted in to the £25 spend giving a free £5 bet for a while now, don't manage to spend the full amount to get the bet all the time but now and then it's fine and a free hit. Yes, there was an outbreak of equine flu at this time last year that threatened the Festival but the all clear was given a week beforehand so they escaped a postponement by a whisker.

Presenting Percy is the underrated horse in the Gold Cup, I took 11/1 on him earlier this week.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
gladbachwolf wrote:
A good link that, Rozza, I have opted in to the £25 spend giving a free £5 bet for a while now, don't manage to spend the full amount to get the bet all the time but now and then it's fine and a free hit. Yes, there was an outbreak of equine flu at this time last year that threatened the Festival but the all clear was given a week beforehand so they escaped a postponement by a whisker.

Presenting Percy is the underrated horse in the Gold Cup, I took 11/1 on him earlier this week.


Just be aware Dave that if you cash a bet out, your original stake does not count towards the £25 needed for the free bet. Been caught out a couple of times on that.
They do however offer best odds on every race, extra places in handicaps and other races, enhanced odds too. Cash withdrawal takes three days which is far quicker than their competitors.

Be careful of their Rule 4 policy too.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
So, it starts tomorrow, hopefully it goes well and healthily for all concerned, trainers, riders and spectators. Let's have a bit of fun during the week, tip your fancy for each of the 7 races each day, winner of the race gets 10 points, second 5 points and third 2 points. In the odd handicap races ( 16+ runners),where fourth place gets paid out, then 1 point. Keep the interest going daily and hopefully a few more folk will join Rozza and myself on here this week for our banter and hard luck stories..:-)

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
gladbachwolf wrote:
So, it starts tomorrow, hopefully it goes well and healthily for all concerned, trainers, riders and spectators. Let's have a bit of fun during the week, tip your fancy for each of the 7 races each day, winner of the race gets 10 points, second 5 points and third 2 points. In the odd handicap races ( 16+ runners),where fourth place gets paid out, then 1 point. Keep the interest going daily and hopefully a few more folk will join Rozza and myself on here this week for our banter and hard luck stories..:-)


1.30 Shishkin
2.10 Notebook
2.50 Who Dares Wins
3.30 Darver Star
4.10 Bennie De Deux
4.50 Galvin
5.30 Lord De Mensil.

Very, very tough to pick a winner tomorrow fair play if you do. Anyone who fancies a bet will have a cheap day if they follow this link which gives a £5 free bet in every race if you deposit £10 on the first paid in cash...… footy.ac/888Chelt2020

Good Luck.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Got back too late to get a post in before the start but would only have had three placed horses anyway. A hard day to fire in winners with the heavy going but was impressed by The Conditional, who looks a serious Cheltenham horse. Hopefully with lightly drier conditions tomorrow, it will lead to some profitable betting..... :lol:

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
Knocker of a yankee tomorrow.
1.30 Envoi Allen #
2.10 Copperhead
2.50 Elegantine De Seuil
3.30 Defi Du Seuil #
4.10 Tiger Roll #
4.50 Galahad Quest
5.30 Appreciate It # ( Big outsider in this race The Glancing Queen )

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Wednesday:

13-30:Envoi Allen.
14-10: Copperhead.
14-50: Black Tears.
15-30: Defi Du Seuil.
16-10: Easysland.
16-50: Thyme White.
17-30: Eskylane.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Day one leader is Rozza on 27 points.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Todays points: Rozza 20, Gladbach 25.


Table after two days:

Rozza 47.
Gladbach 25.

Fabulous late sprint by Champ to win the RSA and Envoi Allen looks a world beater. Defi Du Seuil bombed big time, never in the race at any stage.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:23 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Thursday:

1-30: Itchy Feet.
2-10: Welsh Saint.
2-50: A Plus Tard.
3-30: Paisley Park.
4-10: Oldgrangewood.
4-50: Minella Melody.
5-30: Deise Aba.

Good luck.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
Great days racing today, unfortunately I wont be there due to 'flu'? so £80 down already. Anyhow I ay dead yet.

1.30 Faugheen
2.30 Third wind
2.50 A Plus Tard
3.30 Paisley Park
4.10 Siruh Du Lac
4.50 Colreevy
5.30 Le Breuil.

Good Luck

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Sorry to hear that Rozza, I have been under the weather myself since last Friday, sore throat, tickly cough etc but no fever nor aching bones. As I live alone, have just stayed at home most of the time and used the hot toddies, honey and lemon etc to recover. The trouble is with this virus about, you may think you have a bad cold etc when it could be more serious. The NHS 111 helpline is always too busy anyway, so you just have to use common sense etc. Hopefully your bets today will recover the £80 for the ticket costs, get well soon, sir.!!

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
Rozza wrote:
Great days racing today, unfortunately I wont be there due to 'flu'? so £80 down already. Anyhow I ay dead yet.

1.30 Faugheen
2.30 Third wind
2.50 A Plus Tard
3.30 Paisley Park
4.10 Siruh Du Lac
4.50 Colreevy
5.30 Le Breuil.

Good Luck


Stay safe

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
gladbachwolf wrote:
Sorry to hear that Rozza, I have been under the weather myself since last Friday, sore throat, tickly cough etc but no fever nor aching bones. As I live alone, have just stayed at home most of the time and used the hot toddies, honey and lemon etc to recover. The trouble is with this virus about, you may think you have a bad cold etc when it could be more serious. The NHS 111 helpline is always too busy anyway, so you just have to use common sense etc. Hopefully your bets today will recover the £80 for the ticket costs, get well soon, sir.!!


Cheers chaps. I fortunately grew into asthma in my late fifties rather than growing out of it like most people do :roll: . I have been suffering all of the symptoms for over a week now but these symptom's are mirrored by the side effects of a medication I take. I also have to take my mother to a hospital appointment next week, she is in her eighties with more 'underlying health issues' than you can shake a walking stick at.
I attempted to get a definitive answer to whether I in fact do have it by contacting 111 online and over the phone so that I knew where I stood on all counts.
After two hours of officially being fucked about my final advice was to go see my G.P. As you may be aware, if you try to book an appointment with your G.P. these days, unless you are Meghan Markle you are roundly told to "Fuck right off" and to contact 111.

Total bollocks, now self isolating and whining and bitchin like a good un, but I'm not one to complain, I might pass the time posting shit on tinternet :lol:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
I attempted to get a definitive answer to whether I in fact do have it by contacting 111 online and over the phone so that I knew where I stood on all counts.
After two hours of officially being fucked about my final advice was to go see my G.P. As you may be aware, if you try to book an appointment with your G.P. these days, unless you are Meghan Markle you are roundly told to "Fuck right off" and to contact 111.

Total bollocks, now self isolating and whining and bitchin like a good un, but I'm not one to complain, I might pass the time posting shit on tinternet :lol:[/quote]

What a shambles that was..!!! Every man and his dog KNOWS that you must not try to see a doctor if you suspect that you may have the virus, so why on earth tell you to go see your GP..??? Absolutely irresponsible..!! All you can do is what I did, stay home and take loads of fluids etc and rest up. If you get really bad, then you phone A&E...…..anyway, onto the racing this afternoon....temporary respite. Brandy, sugar and hot water, Rozza..

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:44 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Good morning, last day.

13-30: Solo.
14-10: Saint Roi.
14-50: Ramses De Teillee.
15-30: Santini
16-10: Minella Rocco.
16-50: Chosen Mate.
17-30: Front View.


I had a £62 return on a Betvictor Lucky63 yesterday, five of the six selections all placed. Decent for a stake of just £6-30.

Good luck all those having a flutter today. Hope everyone is well in this horrible virus situation at present, take care.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:52 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 7156
I'm still not sure how this is being allowed to continue..stay safe everyone

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:17 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
Forgot this

2.10 Aramon
2.50 Monkfish
3.30 Santini
4.10 Shantou Flyer
4.50 Eclaire De Beafue
5.30 Pileon.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Final standings:

Rozza: 85 points
Gladbach: 54 points.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
I'm still not sure how this is being allowed to continue..stay safe everyone



It will be interesting to discover, in time, how many people diagnosed with the virus actually attended the Festival. Trying to then contact people who "may have been in contact with the affected" would be totally virtually impossible to fully trace due to the high crowds of 60,000+ each day.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:15 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Great racing quality as always at the Festival, some superb finishes and I think only one equine fatality. I made a small £18 profit on my small stakes bets this year, so that is progress for me. But now, sport takes a back seat for the time being as we all await what deeper effects this virus has upon our communities. Racing, however continues today at Fontwell, Kempton, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and Uttoxeter. How wise that is remains to be seen.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
gladbachwolf wrote:
Great racing quality as always at the Festival, some superb finishes and I think only one equine fatality. I made a small £18 profit on my small stakes bets this year, so that is progress for me. But now, sport takes a back seat for the time being as we all await what deeper effects this virus has upon our communities. Racing, however continues today at Fontwell, Kempton, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and Uttoxeter. How wise that is remains to be seen.


I've heard the WI fully support the infection and subsequent annihilation of the gambling classes.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Great racing quality as always at the Festival, some superb finishes and I think only one equine fatality. I made a small £18 profit on my small stakes bets this year, so that is progress for me. But now, sport takes a back seat for the time being as we all await what deeper effects this virus has upon our communities. Racing, however continues today at Fontwell, Kempton, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and Uttoxeter. How wise that is remains to be seen.


I've heard the WI fully support the infection and subsequent annihilation of the gambling classes.


You wanna bet on that..?? :-)

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » General sport


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron