Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
Oooops. The little boy has finally removed his thumb from the dam :oops:

Whats all that about?

I also like the Mayor of Manchester, Liverpool and Bristol while also think the Mayor of London is a prick.

Let's hope he's as good as you think.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:08 am 
Manager
Manager

The Tory manifesto comes out about May 9th with Labour about May 16th.

Lets see some policy, and lets debate those policies.

Todays Britain 30 plus years in the making. Shameless.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Tories once again pledge to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, thats the third time they have promised that.

Do you trust them this time, and does that one core policy win your vote?

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:37 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Tories once again pledge to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands, thats the third time they have promised that.

No and no.

However, this election will be about the lessor of two evils.

When bloody Ken Livingston sacked the Shadow Chancellor for lying about London finances, a man who admits to being a Marxist, wirh the head of the opposition widely called " Compo" , a man whose just can't stop propping up his old squeeze who pushes any sane person to rush to B&Q for slug pellets....it's a landslide for those who lie until they are blue in the face rather than those who lie until they go red.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

No and no.

However, this election will be about the lessor of two evils.

When bloody Ken Livingston sacked the Shadow Chancellor for lying about London finances, a man who admits to being a Marxist, wirh the head of the opposition widely called " Compo" , a man whose just can't stop propping up his old squeeze who pushes any sane person to rush to B&Q for slug pellets....it's a landslide for those who lie until they are blue in the face rather than those who lie until they go red.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:41 am 
Manager
Manager

So you dont trust the Tories to reduce immigration and its unlikely to be reduced to tens of thousands?

So whats the core feeling about Brexit?

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
So you dont trust the Tories to reduce immigration and its unlikely to be reduced to tens of thousands?

Great Britain became great through trade. Global trade.

Great Britain is still seen as great throughout the world because of the rule of law. Why do you think the Chinese left Hong Kong with British law for fifty years ?

Great Britain became great as an Island nation, never bowing it's head to tyranny .

Brexit......

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:
Interviewer: Your closest political colleague John McDonnell said it was inevitable that you and he would resign if you lose at a general election. Is he right. Would you resign?

Corbyn: We’re planning to win the general election so the question doesn’t arise.

Interviewer: Well the question arose …

Corbyn: The question doesn’t arise.

Interviewer: ... when John McDonnell said it and you told a different media outlet that you would stay on.

Corbyn: The question... the question doesn’t arise because we’re campaigning this election to win it.

Interviewer: You have told other media outlets that you would stay on if you lose.

Corbyn: No, I told them I would carry on as leader as we’ll have won the election by then.

It's like The Thick of It was never made.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

That horse has bolted and the damage is already done.UKIP have an even worse leader than labour and so that issue is dead.
I think many things are that ****** that none of them can fix it.
All i can say is the nhs is in massive trouble.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

That horse has bolted and the damage is already done.UKIP have an even worse leader than labour and so that issue is dead.

Arm still waitin fer the snip. That said, New Cross has always done alright by me and mine.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Arm still waitin fer the snip. That said, New Cross has always done alright by me and mine.

That many operations being cancelled,scans put back.......it's overload embers.I suppose i'm in the circle where you hear more than most and i think i've said it before things are more random than consistent.
I've seen the good side too embers but overall it has been 50/50 if i'm generous.

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Embers wrote:

That many operations being cancelled,scans put back.......it's overload embers.I suppose i'm in the circle where you hear more than most and i think i've said it before things are more random than consistent.
I've seen the good side too embers but overall it has been 50/50 if i'm generous.

I dont trust any party to sort it ....or even make a decent effort at it tbh...
if the next incumbent even make a decent attempt at trying to understand the issues that would be a starT.
We - all of us - should not settle for anythng less than that- put party loyalties aside.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 am 
Manager
Manager

s"]

All i can say is the nhs is in massive trouble.[/quote]

Arm still waitin fer the snip. That said, New Cross has always done alright by me and mine.[/quote]

I've seen the good side too embers but overall it has been 50/50 if i'm generous.[/quote]

I dont trust any party to sort it ....or even make a decent effort at it tbh...
if the next incumbent even make a decent attempt at trying to understand the issues that would be a starT.
We - all of us - should not settle for anythng less than that- put party loyalties aside.[/quote]

The head guy in charge of the NHS said recently that this front line service needs an additional 4% year on year just to stand still.
At the moment under this government year on year increases stand at just 1%, is it then a surprise our health service is under such massive strain.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The head guy in charge of the NHS said recently that this front line service needs an additional 4% year on year just to stand still.
At the moment under this government year on year increases stand at just 1%, is it then a surprise our health service is under such massive strain.

If the system is unsustainable without consistently requiring ever greater funding, maybe it's time to look at the model itself.

What would be the costing of blocking top earners from accessing the NHS so they take out private care, knowing that their NI contributions would need to also fall? Would the burden on the system be lifted or would the lost revenue collapse it?

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:45 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

If the system is unsustainable without consistently requiring ever greater funding, maybe it's time to look at the model itself.

What would be the costing of blocking top earners from accessing the NHS so they take out private care, knowing that their NI contributions would need to also fall? Would the burden on the system be lifted or would the lost revenue collapse it?

The system is sustainable when properly funded.
If for example the hospital funding in England matched that of Germany and France you wouldn't be getting the huge problems we now see on a daily basis.
Germany and France 9% of GDP.

That reduction in the UK from about 9% of GDP to around 6.5% has put to many patients lives in danger, or extended waiting times for people in extreme pain in need of an operation.

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:49 am 
Manager
Manager

let's vote for UKIP to take us out of the Eurovision Song Contest.... :lol: 8) :wink:

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:13 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
let's vote for UKIP to take us out of the Eurovision Song Contest.... :lol: 8) :wink:

Well UKIP has managed to take over the Conservative party who will now see the UK taken out of the European Single Market.
Watch then as the UK becomes a lower middle ranking failing economy.

There's a stupid blind faith that this will turn out alright, IT WONT.

Massive reality check coming to little Englander.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Well UKIP has managed to take over the Conservative party who will now see the UK taken out of the European Single Market.

Why did you encourage people to vote out, Knocker?

You can't realistically have expected the UK to leave the European Union and still enjoy the #1 benefit of being in the European Union i.e. the access to the Single Market?

Or had Boris & Farage convinced you that was realistic!?

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Why did you encourage people to vote out, Knocker?

You can't realistically have expected the UK to leave the European Union and still enjoy the #1 benefit of being in the European Union i.e. the access to the Single Market?

Or had Boris & Farage convinced you that was realistic!?

On this kind of social media its nigh on impossible to convey every reason.

Here's a few but I will miss stuff out that will diminish my argument.

First up, that dish faced bastard David Cameron, I just didn't want to see his face ever again, sickening fucker.
So I would vote against his view just to get that fucker gone.

I thought the vote would be close, but I always thought remain would win. Even if they had to fake the result. The country loses to much with an OUT vote.

But with a close run race, those Tory back bencher's who dream of a more subservient society, a working class groveling for near everything in their ideal world. Wouldn't keep quiet.
So those divisions would grow, and I just love a split Tory party, its always there they just hide it better than Labour.

I didnt expect the Tories would have an easy card to play whatever the result. I didn't expect the English nation to be this gullible, with this fake jingoism and fake National spirit from Thesesa May.
She's a fuckin weak oddball, a bit extreme and not very clever, I thought during close scrutiny during this month before an election she would be well found out.
But she has been well stage managed, and the TV media and right wing press have managed so far to convey a completely false narrative.
I didn't expect them to be so good at doing so, underestimated them. Overestimated the English people.

I still don't think the English people have a clue of what awaits them with five more years of this lot and an exit from the main key market.
Fuck me its Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:05 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I didnt expect the Tories would have an easy card to play whatever the result. I didn't expect the English nation to be this gullible, with this fake jingoism and fake National spirit from Thesesa May.
She's a fuckin weak oddball, a bit extreme and not very clever, I thought during close scrutiny during this month before an election she would be well found out.
But she has been well stage managed, and the TV media and right wing press have managed so far to convey a completely false narrative.
I didn't expect them to be so good at doing so, underestimated them. Overestimated the English people.

If the Tories have had such an "easy card to play", doesn't that speak volumes about the (total in-) effectiveness of the opposition?

Corbyn didn't and doesn't have any Brexit policy at all. The biggest issue facing the country in decades and there's no coherent policy from the opposition. Little wonder the Tories can position anyone as leader and romp home.

Incidentally, if you voted to remove Cameron, which of Gove or Boris were you hoping to take over (two of the biggest little Englanders in living memory)?

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Overestimated the English people.

I still don't think the English people have a clue of what awaits them with five more years of this lot and an exit from the main key market.
Fuck me its Turkeys voting for Christmas.

I see that you are still far cleverer and more knowledgeable than the majority of the population Knocker. I don't understand why you haven't been able to get through to them.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I have today decided to vote in the election for Labour. I fully intended not to vote because of a lifelong distrust and dislike of Tories combined with an utter lack of respect for Corbyn as the leader of my country compounded by Dianne as 2 i.C.

The reasons I have changed is because of the Tories intended policy on social care where the burden will be placed upon the wherewithall of the patient.

I have worked and paid every demands made by my country's government for the last 43 years. I have come into contact with thousands of folk who have contributed fuck all and have received remuneration for doing so.
In my dotage, if I get ill, everything I have worked for to leave my kids will be used to care for me. The same cannot be said for those who contributed fuck all, and just like the Ant and the Grasshopper fable, they will be looked after ad infinitum despite providing jack shit for doing so.

In Jezza we trust FFS :cry:

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I have today decided to vote in the election for Labour. I fully intended not to vote because of a lifelong distrust and dislike of Tories combined with an utter lack of respect for Corbyn as the leader of my country compounded by Dianne as 2 i.C.

The reasons I have changed is because of the Tories intended policy on social care where the burden will be placed upon the wherewithall of the patient.

I have worked and paid every demands made by my country's government for the last 43 years. I have come into contact with thousands of folk who have contributed fuck all and have received remuneration for doing so.
In my dotage, if I get ill, everything I have worked for to leave my kids will be used to care for me. The same cannot be said for those who contributed fuck all, and just like the Ant and the Grasshopper fable, they will be looked after ad infinitum despite providing jack shit for doing so.

Now that you have all this time on your hands, why don't stand as an Independant candidate? I'll sort out the Pope Mobile, if you sort out the loud hailer, and who knows, you may end up as one of them folk getting paid for doing, in essence, jack shit. Win-win.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Now that you have all this time on your hands, why don't stand as an Independant candidate? I'll sort out the Pope Mobile, if you sort out the loud hailer, and who knows, you may end up as one of them folk getting paid for doing, in essence, jack shit. Win-win.

I cant spell mannefesto though.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Put it this way.

If Labour had been in government these past seven years having the country in the state that it is with ALL front line services falling apart.

Then you add the current governments manifesto and place it under Labours name, you wouldn't see Labour gain any seats.

The only way this lot in power can gain reelection is by spin and smear through THEIR media.

How much more rope must the electorate give them before they hang themselves having hanged us ALL.

Wake up to whats happening folks, wake up to the reality of whats possible in the Worlds 5th wealthiest country.

Wealthiest for WHO?

A vote for Conservative is a vote for more misery.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

I'm with this..the Tories are showing their hand and making a mess of this election
I feared Labour's failure to earn the people's trust would leave them hammered at the poll's but thank god for the Tories blind ignorance, selfishness and greed.. Giving Jezza a punchers chance.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:43 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I'm with this..the Tories are showing their hand and making a mess of this election
I feared Labour's failure to earn the people's trust would leave them hammered at the poll's but thank god for the Tories blind ignorance, selfishness and greed.. Giving Jezza a punchers chance.

I agree with this- I believe the tories think they are so nailed on they have the opportunity to do what they like safe in the knowledge that people with vote for them, no matter what.

Arrogance and ignorance ...the very traits that served to cause the unexpected in Brexit.

I cannot at the moment bring myself to vote for them -even though I believe a strong hand is needed for Brexit -purely on the basis of their disregard for alsmost every other policy.

If Labour was a more viable opposition I woulld be voting for them.

As it is - I wont be voting - as I cannot give the tories a mandate to do what they like on the basis of only agreeing with their Brexit policy.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

The Tory hardliners believe there is no viable opposition to reel them in. They are right. For fooks sake get rid of Jezza before it's too late.

Even I think they're going too far.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Haven't homes had to be used for the payment of elderly care for decades?I don't see what has changed and i cannot see anything in the labour manifesto that mentions stopping it.
Immigration on both sides won't change much and so the burden will only get worse and the elderly who are a generation who have paid their way will have to subsidise many who haven't.so no change.
Foreign age budgets will stay the same and so instead of looking after our elderly we look after others.No change for both.
I don't get your logic about voting for labour on this point rozza.
It is brilliant you pay for your parents to go into a care home to be looked after by some who shouldn't be seen anywhere near a care home and for the peace of mind that they will get slapped around and worse.Payment is an issue but the level of care is something that should take priority first.
I would say a vast majority of immigrants/asylum seekers/local authority tenants/rentals will get the full benefit of free care when they are old,that is ok if you don't punish the people who have worked and saved and are proud to see their home as recognition of this.
Loads of promises i like in labour's manifesto though.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I suppose my logic is based around my ideals that EVERYONE eligible should vote EVERYTIME they have the opportunity to do so because that simple opportunity has cost many thousands of lives and is still denied to millions today. It is a thing that we in Britain take for granted yet it is one of the most important freedoms we have in a civilised society.
The fact that I had decided not to vote irritated me immensely and I began looking at things that should prompt me to vote, the social care issue is the proverbial straw as it were.
I still await Jez and Di fuckin it all up before the vote anyway so I might vote for the Tupperware Party and spoil my paper.
The polls are reflecting my concerns regarding the proposed social care policies and someone has finally grasped a very big nettle, a nettle with dog shit on it, and that is the Winter Fuel Allowance, as Granpa Simpson once quoted " I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment I'll raise hell"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand