Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

The CLASS STRUCTURE has been the focus of British politics for generations, somehow it needs to change,,, Labour and Tory have more often than not fucked up because of their vested interest in looking after THEIR class. Liberals, Lib Dems and UKIP have all failed to make inroads and change things...what new party with everyone's interests at heart, representing the people at large, not just a particular class type , could appear and shake the rattle..??

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nearly forgot this one:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/ ... spartanntp

Brexit means we keep the KEBAB.......:-)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Nearly forgot this one:

sign me up quick!

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

In fact I will be scoffing a large lamb kebab with chips and salads before the game tonight with a beer or two.. :smt023

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Today we moved a little closer to next years General Election.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Nearly forgot this one:

Finally a proper reason to leave the EU

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

What's that going to achieve in terms of the negotiations?

Labour won't win a decisive majority either to force through its own approach to Brexit and all the insanely complex elements of the situation will all still be in play.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

You could be right, the DUP call off their support of the Tories and that will tip things. But are the general public fed up with so many elections / referendums recently..?? For sure I would imagine that Labour would get elected if an election was to be called but myself I have no confidence in either party..the quality of politicians these days is at an all time low. Let's get the Brexit out of the way, if possible and then see whether an election is warranted...but the choices are dismal. Now I am retired and have time on my hands, maybe I can start a new political party called Middle Path. :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Now I am retired and have time on my hands, maybe I can start a new political party called Middle Path. :lol:

A sort of "Woy - Gladbach -Jenkins"

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Now I am retired and have time on my hands, maybe I can start a new political party called Middle Path. :lol:

A sort of "Woy - Gladbach -Jenkins"

:smt023 :smt083

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Just imagine the British media if David Davis had been a Labour politician.

Impact assessment....

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Impact assessment....

Well it was even more comical than I suspected when I was forced to draw the conclusion that these studies had been destroyed in the meantime... the reality was they never were even conducted in the first place!

The bullshitter just claimed his department was thoroughly prepared and hoped that nobody would ever call him out and ask to see the evidence of that preparation. And this is the mastermind leading the fate of this country's economic future...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Impact assessment....

You're right !!!!!

I'm sure Labour would tell the country everything. All the negative assessments laid bare, as those nice people from Luxembourg surely wouldn't use that information against us.....right ?

It's true that many Labour FRONT BENCHERS have come out with their clear Brexit negotiation position. It's just a shame that every one of them has a different view of what it should be. Perhaps they should just let Momentum do all the interviews ?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I used to have to do Impact assessments regularly as part of my professional role. They used to take up most of the time I had available to do the sodding job. Most of the questions you had to consider, nobody had an idea of the answer so you had to make them up, they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot but at least it ticked a box that one had been done.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
I used to have to do Impact assessments regularly as part of my professional role. They used to take up most of the time I had available to do the sodding job. Most of the questions you had to consider, nobody had an idea of the answer so you had to make them up, they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot but at least it ticked a box that one had been done.

And of course they are only as good as the folk who put them together.

Put together with a "Remain" hat on and the sky's falling in. A Brexit, stance and we're entering a time of great opportunity. Balanced, apolitical figures to show post Brexit trade ? In your dreams. There are more variables than Dianne Abbott political gaffs.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:49 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Left back wrote:

Ditto for me. I worked with outside company "experts" who were paid a fortune to provide forecasts and impact documents detailing the same. With the benefit of hindsight paying them to do so was a complete waste of time and money.

Let's get the trade talks going now and this will give them something meaningful to base their impact statements upon, for what they are worth.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:01 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
suiging wrote:
Behind the scenes it is reported the Dutch, Swedes, and now even the Germans have drawn up plans to trade with the UK if things go south. Mrs Hit..... sorry the Angel of the North, now says things are moving and she can see a good outcome for all.

Mmmmm. Just that major contributor to world peace and European history, Luxembourg to convince then ?

A land locked country with no Navy or Airforce, but a huge 800 man standing army, Luxembourg came into being at the Congress of Vienna 1815. A congress sponsored by the UK who had just finished funding no less than six coalitions against errrr....France. The Government of said country of course took refuge in the UK ( twice) when their little nation was annexed/invaded by errrr Germany.

This is the nation who's representative now states in ever ruder terms that the UK owes them and their German masters for European peace. If it wasn't true, it would be funny,

It looks like even superpowers like Malta are shifting bricks in case we get up and walk away. The word is that Jean-Claude Drunker and Michelle Barmy Armyer are coming under massive pressure from many of the 27 members as to why the UK are being forced to even consider no deal. Mother Theresa is not the only one being hammered from all sides at home. The afore-mentioned EU parasites are copping it as well. 27-times more.

A deal is a certainty in time. As soon as we put another 20 billion on the table things will start moving. 40 billion to become an indedependent free-trading nation living under our own laws and immigration controls? As good a value for money as Neves and Costa.

As forecast above. 40 million is a bargain for the wonderful future our country will enjoy. Well done Theresa. No other politician in the country would have coped with all the whingeing shitbags from both sides of the political spectrum.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

One thing I do not like is the fact that the ECJ will still have us in their clutches for 8 years after we have left..

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

gladbachwolf wrote:
One thing I do not like is the fact that the ECJ will still have us in their clutches for 8 years after we have left..

As far as I can make out they will have the power to introduce new laws for the 2 year transition period and an 8 year period whereby EU citizens can appeal to to the ECJ to adjudicate if they are unhappy with the way our law is treating them. Knowing how soft we are with migrants it is unlikely they will need to unless they are criminals trying to outflank our judiciary. But, in the main, we will be making our own laws after the transition. Luvverly jubberley.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Impact assessment....

Well it was even more comical than I suspected when I was forced to draw the conclusion that these studies had been destroyed in the meantime... the reality was they never were even conducted in the first place!

The bullshitter just claimed his department was thoroughly prepared and hoped that nobody would ever call him out and ask to see the evidence of that preparation. And this is the mastermind leading the fate of this country's economic future...

Makes you wonder how he's still in a job after been caught so blatantly lying to the British public and parliament. Although lying seems to be par for the course when it comes to the Leave camp :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Your basically finished if your key minister leading negotiations in Europe is allowed to tell lies within Parliament.

It seems only Labour are held accountable by the major news streams.

There's your democracy gone.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Your basically finished if your key minister leading negotiations in Europe is allowed to tell lies within Parliament.

It seems only Labour are held accountable by the major news streams.

There's your democracy gone.

Are you saying Labour sometimes tell porkies too?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

It should be a source of great shame for our nation that the man in charge of leading the Brexit negotiations, which will have a huge impact on our country for generations to come, is so obviously winging it every single day.

Ireland has hit back at David Davis remarks saying Friday deal merely a statement of intent.

Statement: “Both Ireland and the EU will be holding the UK to the Phase 1 agreement”. Points out UK has signed up to par 46 which binds them to the deal.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
It should be a source of great shame for our nation that the man in charge of leading the Brexit negotiations, which will have a huge impact on our country for generations to come, is so obviously winging it every single day.

Ireland has hit back at David Davis remarks saying Friday deal merely a statement of intent.

Statement: “Both Ireland and the EU will be holding the UK to the Phase 1 agreement”. Points out UK has signed up to par 46 which binds them to the deal.

If we dont agree with ,it wont be signed I fail to see why anyone would think otherwise- phase 1 is merely the allowance to go onto discuss further details.

For me I think we are in danger of falling between two stools/...you cant please all of the people all of the time...and I think there are many many amongst us who will gladly accept a deal to the detriment of the country just so they can say "I told you so"...and that quite frankly is pathetic.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

If the public statements of Davies did not match roughly what was agreed and understood by the two parties, we would soon here about it from the other side. Their silence speaks volumes. The rantings of a mad Irishman are.....the rantings of a mad Irishman.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:48 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
If the public statements of Davies did not match roughly what was agreed and understood by the two parties, we would soon here about it from the other side. Their silence speaks volumes. The rantings of a mad Irishman are.....the rantings of a mad Irishman.

The thoughts of Davis have been badly received by Irish Ministers, they have also been rebuked by Kenneth Clarke in the Commons yesterday.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

The thoughts of Davis have been badly received by Irish Ministers, they have also been rebuked by Kenneth Clarke in the Commons yesterday.

Clarke ? That would be the Clarke who would sell his mother to remain and do anything in his power to derail the process......

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Clarke ? That would be the Clarke who would sell his mother to remain and do anything in his power to derail the process......

And would those be the Irish ministers who have grown rich and fat on both EU subsidies and cross-border trade while at the same time singing about Bobby Sands and the other heroes of THEIR cause whenever they smell a tin of shandy ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 am 
Manager
Manager

g"]If the public statements of Davies did not match roughly what was agreed and understood by the two parties, we would soon here about it from the other side. Their silence speaks volumes. The rantings of a mad Irishman are.....the rantings of a mad Irishman.[/quote]

The thoughts of Davis have been badly received by Irish Ministers, they have also been rebuked by Kenneth Clarke in the Commons yesterday.[/quote]

Clarke ? That would be the Clarke who would sell his mother to remain and do anything in his power to derail the process......[/quote]

And would those be the Irish ministers who have grown rich and fat on both EU subsidies and cross-border trade while at the same time singing about Bobby Sands and the other heroes of THEIR cause whenever they smell a tin of shandy ?[/quote]

You may pour scorn at the Irish but their voice will carry more weight with the EU27 than the English voice.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
g"]If the public statements of Davies did not match roughly what was agreed and understood by the two parties, we would soon here about it from the other side. Their silence speaks volumes. The rantings of a mad Irishman are.....the rantings of a mad Irishman.

The thoughts of Davis have been badly received by Irish Ministers, they have also been rebuked by Kenneth Clarke in the Commons yesterday.[/quote]

Clarke ? That would be the Clarke who would sell his mother to remain and do anything in his power to derail the process......[/quote]

And would those be the Irish ministers who have grown rich and fat on both EU subsidies and cross-border trade while at the same time singing about Bobby Sands and the other heroes of THEIR cause whenever they smell a tin of shandy ?[/quote]

You may pour scorn at the Irish but their voice will carry more weight with the EU27 than the English voice.[/quote]

Not the point. The actual negotiators have not said Davies is wrong. Both Clarke and the Irish have their own agenda. Nothing wrong with a sovereign nation like Eire trying to have it's cake and eat it. It's only the PC fools like Clarke who think Great Britain should roll over and take it up the bum from anyone who fancies it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand