Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Whether it will turn out to be right or wrong, the PEOPLE voted, not the Lords or the MP's as a group, so just get on and fulfil the wish of the majority who voted in a so called democracy.

Is democracy and taking back control giving the power back to the Conservative party or to Parliament?

Cameron made it quite clear what the vote was for. The people spoke and gave the power to their elected government to act on their behalf to carry out their wishes. YOU voted leave. Even YOU should understand this concept. Get your head around what democracy means. Parliament itself voted in favour of a once and for all, categoric referendum. The remoaners say the result was because the people didn't understand what they were voting for. If you take on this condescending, elitist, shite, by extension, as the go ahead for the vote was approved by Parliament, then they, the MPs from all parties, didn't understand what they were voting for either. So why are one set of voters flawed and the others now, according to you to be given a second bite at the cherry ? Totally illogical. In addition the government of this country, placed in power by the people, is a Conservative one, and will be for some years to come when the opposition is led by total muppets. Tough.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 am 
Manager
Manager

May two years on went to the people on a brexit ticket, we now have NO PARTY with an overall majority.

Is taking back control giving the vote to Parliament or the Conservative party?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:22 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
May two years on went to the people on a brexit ticket, we now have NO PARTY with an overall majority.

Is taking back control giving the vote to Parliament or the Conservative party?

Simple questions. Which party is in power in the UK ? Which party's leader sits in Number 10 ? Which party at PM's question time sits on the government side of the benches ?

If the answer to any of the above is ambiguous to you, try google.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Is democracy bribing a smaller party to keep yourself in power?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Google "Lib-Lab Pact". It will help your understanding.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Back to topic, ish.

What do you think would have happened to the "Windrush" generation if we would have been in the EU ?

Primary schools full of Eastern Europeans. No low paid jobs for them. I wonder if they would have bothered ?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm 
First XI
First XI

BREXIT AHOY. Avast, me hearties. All aboard the good ship Mother Theresa departing from Brussels 11.59 pm March 29th, 2019.

With grieving Dom doing an about turn and scuppering Labour's doom-laden attempt of dissing the EU Withdrawal Bill the will of the people prevails. As it should be in a great democracy like ours. Theresa 1 old Wurzel Corbage 0.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:44 pm 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Google "Lib-Lab Pact". It will help your understanding.

Spot-on. :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Front and center BBC web page....Anti-Brexit march.

There have been many Pro marches which fail to get on any page.

If the BBC is to continually be so biased, why are we, the majority still paying their f#$/^ing wages.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Front and center BBC web page....Anti-Brexit march.

There have been many Pro marches which fail to get on any page.

If the BBC is to continually be so biased, why are we, the majority still paying their f#$/^ing wages.

What do you think the lead story on the BBC site should be today? Airbus?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:23 am 
Manager
Manager

So few planned to turn out, story being dumbed down every hour. As for Airbus. An EU joint venture company says it may move after Brexit.......wow.

You're surprised ?

As for BMW, we are their biggest customers. They move, they will suffer.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Boris Johnson dismisses business concerns over Brexit with “fuck business”,

There you go BBC there's your lead story.

Just imagine if this was a Labour front bencher saying that.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
So few planned to turn out, story being dumbed down every hour. As for Airbus. An EU joint venture company says it may move after Brexit.......wow.

You're surprised ?

You don't seriously think that the UK is a bigger customer than the USA or China? The biggest danger to German companies is Trump's tariffs, not Brexit.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

You're surprised ?

You don't seriously think that the UK is a bigger customer than the USA or China? The biggest danger to German companies is Trump's tariffs, not Brexit.

Sorry. Thanks for giving me the chance to qualify. I meant European market ( outside their own naturally) Some three times as large as the French.

Fourth largest behind China and the USA ( again naturally). Do you think they will bare this potential loss to join in Europhiles ( and remainers ) wish to "punish" the United Kingdom ?

On their first balance sheet if we were childish/strong enough to fight back, do you think their shareholders would continue to support the punishment, with the subsequent loss of income and jobs ?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

I enjoyed reading the comedy coverage of the march led by Gena a woman named Dodo and Baldrick.

The irony of a Labour activist with an unpronounable name warning Corbyn to back the minority against the democratic vote, was also golden

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:44 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I enjoyed reading the comedy coverage of the march led by Gena a woman named Dodo and Baldrick.

The irony of a Labour activist with an unpronounable name warning Corbyn to back the minority against the democratic vote, was also golden

Bit strange the Lib Dems calling for Jeremy, the cheeky mares.

I guess the winds they are a changing.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Rather brutal assessment of what the US embassy thought of Brexit.

https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/ ... 2786314240

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Next you'll quote the Venezuelan High Commission. Even the language is typically Yank. Democrats in the USA . They couldn't even defeat Trump.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Next you'll quote the Venezuelan High Commission. Even the language is typically Yank. Democrats in the USA . They couldn't even defeat Trump.

This is like when the Canadian said we would need an immediate emergency budget to counter the great economic fall if the vote was no. How'd that pan out / At least he was working in a job you would think might give him some insight, but alas no.

Secondly. These people have the interests of the USA in mind and nothing else. There may be many reasons why the US Ambassador wants the UK to remain. To act as the usual buffer and first line of defence for the USA if there is conflict in Europe ? To bolster a failing organisation they would prefer to remain in place ? To save a country they think needs saving ? To prevent a once powerful trading rival rising again ? Who knows ? One thing I do know, those comments in front of the Pavlov nodding audience were political, not economic, and were said for a reason which no one on this board or the idiots commentating on Twitter saying his words are gospel, know anything about. Tis the way of politics.

Last edited by suiging on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

As an aside, what would you be saying if this was the Russian Ambassador supporting leave ?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
As an aside, what would you be saying if this was the Russian Ambassador supporting leave ?

Just backing Leave, or like, funding the Leave campaign and using its army of internet bots/trolls to help Leave win and fuck over both the UK and the EU to help strengthen Russia on the global stage. :lol:

It's would be handy to know the distinction.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:15 am 
Manager
Manager

So BAE win a huge contract for nine frigates from the Australian Navy.

Haven't they listened to the remoaners ? British industry is dead since the vote. Don't they read the papers ?.....Jeeez Aussies eh !

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:28 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
So BAE win a huge contract for nine frigates from the Australian Navy.

Haven't they listened to the remoaners ? British industry is dead since the vote. Don't they read the papers ?.....Jeeez Aussies eh !

You may wish to revisit the details of this deal.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:32 am 
Manager
Manager

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/worl ... banks.html

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -open.html

Russia is destroying what we've worked so hard to build and some people will gladly cheer them on.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 am 
Manager
Manager

This is the heart of the problem. Tory divisions led us to Brexit. Tory divisions prevent a way forward. Here and across EU, time is running out on this Tory indulgence ...Keir Starmer.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:08 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
This is the heart of the problem. Tory divisions led us to Brexit. Tory divisions prevent a way forward. Here and across EU, time is running out on this Tory indulgence ...Keir Starmer.

The majority of the people LIKE YOU voting for Brexit, led us to leaving.

Last edited by suiging on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 am 
Manager
Manager

I did my service to Queen and Country between 1979-1985. A vast lump of it in Germany. I have no love for the Russians. On the other hand, I have a great deal of respect for their natural cunning and instincts and their time proved ability in the "dark" world of political manipulation.

I can fully believe they assessed the childish bullies that run the EU and came to the conclusion that they would be prepared to bite their own noses off to spite their face, by trying to "punish" a country trying to take back control of it's own sovereignty. A country sick of the corruption that keeps a liberal elite bathing in Champagne, while favouring Germany France and their lapdogs above all others.

it is sad that the remoaners in the cabinet haven't the balls to play hardball with these bullies. Standing up to a bully, is the only real option in life; appeasement never works.

Not unlike your other posts with the American Ambassador and his filmed stooges, I totally agree we are being played by all the "Big Boys" in the park. Since the fall of Empire we always have been. When Germany tried to bully us into accepting their domination of Europe by war, we stood firm. If they and their so called allies, wish to see a break-up of European defence and Intelligence sharing, by their pettiness, because we don't wish to be in their little playground gang anymore, so be it. It won't take long before they are staring down another threat to their little Truman Show, and come creeping back asking for our expertise to keep the wolves ( bears) at bay.

Trump and his pro-soviet stance won't last forever, and neither will this Federal gang of so called equals on continental Europe. We were not alone in 1940. We had the commonwealth and a vast portion of the free, if then, undeveloped world behind us. Through almost criminal neglect and the self-interest of families like the B-liars and the Kinnocks, we have let these links slide. Hopefully we can rekindle some cooperation from countries which wish to trade as equals rather than swallow us in total. A notion tried by both the French and Germans in near history by force. A notion they hoped they'd achieved through the greed of some of our so called leadership. Hopefully, a notion put to bed by a Parliament agreed, thoroughly explained, once and for all vote.

If you choose to believe in today's world of geopolitics that it is a shock that Russia, China, the USA and no doubt India, took a stance on such a monumental decision and tried to position themselves to make the most of the the result either way......... You should get out more.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

May I bring to your attention a little known surcharge on being European, for some!

A few weeks ago we were in Greece for a week, all paid up as part of a package prior to going , as you do.

At the end of the holiday we were asked to pay a levy/tax of 50 cents per night per room, when I say asked I mean it was mandatory that you paid it before you left.it was not negotiable.

The tax was levied by the government but the reasons for it were never explained or known by the hosts.
I wonder how much Mrs May could raise for the NHS if she imposed a 50p levy on every hotel room occupied by tourists/foreigners in London for a year unilaterally, or would Jezza and Dianne claim it was racist, cos no fucker in Greece does!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
May I bring to your attention a little known surcharge on being European, for some!

A few weeks ago we were in Greece for a week, all paid up as part of a package prior to going , as you do.

At the end of the holiday we were asked to pay a levy/tax of 50 cents per night per room, when I say asked I mean it was mandatory that you paid it before you left.it was not negotiable.

The tax was levied by the government but the reasons for it were never explained or known by the hosts.
I wonder how much Mrs May could raise for the NHS if she imposed a 50p levy on every hotel room occupied by tourists/foreigners in London for a year unilaterally, or would Jezza and Dianne claim it was racist, cos no fucker in Greece does!

How dare you suggest such a thing. We couldn't possibly unilaterally charge our European sisters and brothers ( maybe ). We would have to exclude all racial, sexual, physical, political and vertically challenged minority wo-men and their partners (maybe) from this facist tax. That would leave just you and Mrs Rozza to pay it, even if you didn't use a hotel.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Oh dear. The mighty EU begins to break up at it's most fundamental level.....borders.

Germany wants other EU countries to stop the poor, the starving, the abused from seeking sanctuary in the Reich. Austria won't play.

Germany thinks African Countries will build camps ( hmmmm haven't they had that idea before ? ). Macron reminds them the African countries have to agree first. Germany seems to have forgotten other countries ( outside the EU) are not under her command.

This is the end for Madam Fuhrer. She just doesn't know it yet.

And you want to continue to fund this ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 948 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand