Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: BBC
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 am 
Manager
Manager

It is not necessary for you to have been to the best universities to rule the country, but you do have to be bright. If you are not, being a figurehead for people brighter than you to manipulate, will always be found out in the end.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Really going for Jeremy whenever possible plus adding right wing comment to fuel the argument with hardly a voice from the centre left.

The BBC is really dividing the nation because the TV viewer is forming a contrasting view to the online political debate.

Fascinating.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Really going for Jeremy whenever possible plus adding right wing comment to fuel the argument with hardly a voice from the centre left.

The BBC is really dividing the nation because the TV viewer is forming a contrasting view to the online political debate.

Fascinating.

Would this be about Corbyn's rather late apology for appearing with like minded anti-semites ?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Fascinating.

Would this be about Corbyn's rather late apology for appearing with like minded anti-semites ?

The problem the old duffer has, is that he and his supporters can hardly claim "fake news" when the videos clearly show him on the stage spouting his anti-semitic drivel. A picture tells a thousand words. And when those pictures force a poor apology, the hypocrisy just stinks.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Fascinating.

The problem the old duffer has, is that he and his supporters can hardly claim "fake news" when the videos clearly show him on the stage spouting his anti-semitic drivel. A picture tells a thousand words. And when those pictures force a poor apology, the hypocrisy just stinks.

Hve you seen the detail of that evening, you wont find it on your usual news channels.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:29 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Hve you seen the detail of that evening, you wont find it on your usual news channels.

I think this pretty much tells the story as it stands. Or is the Guardian reporting fake news as it is one of these right wing papers out to get Corbyn as well?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/01/jeremy-corbyn-issues-apology-in-labour-antisemitism-row

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:14 am 
Manager
Manager

The BBC yesterday rolled out Iain Duncan Smith and Peter Bone to try to discredit the comments by the Governor of the Bank of England. The BBC just don’t know when to call a halt to the attack on experts.

I think Mark Cairney knows what he is talking about, dont you.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:45 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The BBC yesterday rolled out Iain Duncan Smith and Peter Bone to try to discredit the comments by the Governor of the Bank of England. The BBC just don’t know when to call a halt to the attack on experts.

The Governor of the Bank of England should be apolitical. He has no right to make political statements. He holds two passports, and supports bloody Everton for f@£$ sake. He told you the country would go into an immediate recession after the vote two years ago. Again political, again WRONG. His bloody comments have spiralled the currency which is his job to protect.

P.S KK, he started his career at Goldman Sachs ( note the name, best ring Jezza )

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:58 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

He may "know what he's on about" he obv.Knows more about economics than I do...however it wasn't all about economics was it....it was more than that ...and you know that...or should do as.you voted out...however Mark Caney has done and will continue to abuse his supposedly neutrally political position to promote his own opinions regarding Bexit to the detriment of his position. The run on the pound came after his latest comments forcing g him to backtrack and state "of course I was only giving one possible outcome and we-as a strong economy- are prepared for that scenario" ...yeah right thats not how he originally positioned the comments.
The bloke is abusing his position and he is being called out ..He should seriously consider his position whn he makes these sorts of comments that adversely affect the economy he tis tasked with protecting...before his position is considered for him.
Project fear is alive and well.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

No.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:21 pm 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The Governor of the Bank of England should be apolitical. He has no right to make political statements. He holds two passports, and supports bloody Everton for f@£$ sake. He told you the country would go into an immediate recession after the vote two years ago. Again political, again WRONG. His bloody comments have spiralled the currency which is his job to protect.

P.S KK, he started his career at Goldman Sachs ( note the name, best ring Jezza )

I think he knows how to get a grip on inflation. Beyond that he's been wrong on plenty of issues. A staunch Europhile that makes his feelings known in an attempt to twist the Brexit knife into Brexit shoulders.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 am 
Manager
Manager

I have to say Mark Carney has impressed me through the years, calm, studied, perceptive and smart.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:27 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
I have to say Mark Carney has impressed me through the years, calm, studied, perceptive and smart.

Given that he was championed and appointed by one of your former Tory "favourites" - George Osborne and that he is known as an advocate of market competition I am astounded that you feel that way. Remember that his perception included the forecast of immediate severe economic ramifications if a no vote was cast so I am not as convinced as you by his perspicacity.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lets see if the BBC hold Boris and the Tories to account over his remarks today and his parties stance on Islamophobia.

Back for the UKIP vote?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Given that he was championed and appointed by one of your former Tory "favourites" - George Osborne and that he is known as an advocate of market competition I am astounded that you feel that way. Remember that his perception included the forecast of immediate severe economic ramifications if a no vote was cast so I am not as convinced as you by his perspicacity.

I had one of those but the leg fell off it.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I had one of those but the leg fell off it.

If yours had legs, you bought it from the wrong pet shop mate

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 am 
Manager
Manager

According to the BBC's web site, the most watched video is the one showing the UK's largest Lesbian Festival......Stop it, you naughty Wolfies.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Lets see if the BBC hold Boris and the Tories to account over his remarks today and his parties stance on Islamophobia.

Back for the UKIP vote?

Would those be the quotes made when saying the banning of certain clothing on the basis of religion by Denmark was wrong ? Of course he did put his own view of what said clothing looked like, but the essential point, hence the blowing over of the "storm" caused by the snowflakes, was the banning of the UGLY vestments was WRONG.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:41 pm 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Back for the UKIP vote?

Would those be the quotes made when saying the banning of certain clothing on the basis of religion by Denmark was wrong ? Of course he did put his own view of what said clothing looked like, but the essential point, hence the blowing over of the "storm" caused by the snowflakes, was the banning of the UGLY vestments was WRONG.

This is bound to cause offence to so many people in our very tolerant country. France didn't pay much attention to anybody's view when they banned the Burqa. Austria and Belgium ditto. And now Denmark.

In an FT-Harris poll in 2010 after France invoked the ban an overwhelming number of people supported a ban in Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK (according to Wikipedia).

Boris said he didn't believe in banning the burqa. The fact he made certain comparisons of burqa wearers with letterboxes and bank robbers is, I bet, shared by millions of non-muslims in the UK.

A friend of ours knitted me a Balaclava in Wolves colours as a Xmas present a few years ago. I have never worn it out as I am certain I wouldn't be allowed through the turnstiles. I looked like a bloody bank robber in it. Sinister in fact. Ban the balaclava whilst we're at it. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Back for the UKIP vote?

This is bound to cause offence to so many people in our very tolerant country. France didn't pay much attention to anybody's view when they banned the Burqa. Austria and Belgium ditto. And now Denmark.

In an FT-Harris poll in 2010 after France invoked the ban an overwhelming number of people supported a ban in Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK (according to Wikipedia).

Boris said he didn't believe in banning the burqa. The fact he made certain comparisons of burqa wearers with letterboxes and bank robbers is, I bet, shared by millions of non-muslims in the UK.

A friend of ours knitted me a Balaclava in Wolves colours as a Xmas present a few years ago. I have never worn it out as I am certain I wouldn't be allowed through the turnstiles. I looked like a bloody bank robber in it. Sinister in fact. Ban the balaclava whilst we're at it. :lol:

There are debates to be had on these issues, Johnson has other issues.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Boris Johnson to leave the Tory Party and become the new leader of UKIP..??

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Simple questions. When I was a lad, the standing joke in our family was if you were naughty you'd be made to watch "Songs of Praise". Over the years, the programme that showed the virtuous throughout the land has been the butt of many a good natured joke. If, as will probably be the case in a few years time, it is replaced by " Verses from the Mosque ", with bobbing heads and red carpets, will such good natured humour be held as Islamaphobia? Would my parents if still alive, be forced to apologise or face being convicted for inciting racial hatred ?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Simple questions. When I was a lad, the standing joke in our family was if you were naughty you'd be made to watch "Songs of Praise". Over the years, the programme that showed the virtuous throughout the land has been the butt of many a good natured joke. If, as will probably be the case in a few years time, it is replaced by " Verses from the Mosque ", with bobbing heads and red carpets, will such good natured humour be held as Islamaphobia? Would my parents if still alive, be forced to apologise or face being convicted for inciting racial hatred ?

Sad to say but we ( you and I..) probably won't be here on this planet in a few years time to witness the final shifting of the old UK to a modern, more outside-driven, religiously dominated mess.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am 
Manager
Manager

We have yet to see two different cultures merge and be as one on a grand scale.

Have we?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:16 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
We have yet to see two different cultures merge and be as one on a grand scale.

Have we?

To hide the fact that this will never happen, some snowflake invented the word " diversity "

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:22 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Boris is daft. We all know that. But he is also very intelligent, and self-serving.

Yes - his article was in defence of people's right to wear the garment, but he made a cheap shot attempt at humour that was perhaps silly, but no more.

If people want to be offended, then that is there right. But we all have the right to cause offence.

Humour in particular often pokes fun at religions and their icons. Monty Python's Life of Brian mocked aspects of Christianity, but was really a dig at ANYONE who slavishly follows ANY religion.

And for how many years did Giles cartoons (amongst others) mock the dress of nuns and compare them to penguins? Offended?? Perhaps some nuns were, but no-one was demanding Giles be put in the Tower, or banned from public life.

If a religion takes itself SO seriously that it cannot be the butt of humour, then that religion has lost the plot. Life is a joyous thing. A little humour goes a long way in making some people's lives just that little bit more joyful!

Glad to see Rowan Atkinson - a man who fiercely shuns the media spotlight - come out and defend Boris's right to poke fun without being subject to abuse and PC terrorists.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 am 
Manager
Manager

I find Boris far more conniving and cynical than that, his words were not uttered by his mouth but thought out and aimed at a particular sector of society.

All for his own ends to the detriment of others.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:10 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I find Boris far more conniving and cynical than that, his words were not uttered by his mouth but thought out and aimed at a particular sector of society.

All for his own ends to the detriment of others.

Hard to say things like " I wasn't there " or " it wasn't me" when you put your thoughts and actions in writting.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

It would be a good fit because UKIP voters by and large have been fooled into voting against imaginary issues.

Meanwhile Boris Johnson is a master of the half truth.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 am 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

It would be a good fit because UKIP voters by and large have been fooled into voting against imaginary issues.

Meanwhile Boris Johnson is a master of the half truth.

Imaginary issues. Such as???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand