Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: This Government.
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
]What were peoples thoughts when May was giving her terse kind of angry speech.

No doubt the right wing press will be sabre rattling for that lost cause of a Prime Minister.

I was thinking it was a poor attempt by Old Mac to slip on forced nationalization without compensations on the back of the coverage. Soviet history repeating itself.

I hope the next General Election is next summer, daft May can hold out a little bit longer.

That should help our majority.[/quote]

Our country is capable of great things, especially in adversity. I believe in our country. Just so long as we don't have the wrecking ball marxist Labour Party and their 1970s policies governing things.

In my opinion, a marxist Labour government under the leadership of Corbyn, Mcdonnell, and their awful front-bench would do far far more damage to this country than our leaving the EU under WTO rules could ever do.[/quote]

I estimate leaving the EU without a deal would mean the loss of between 3 to 5 million jobs.

I doubt any of the Labour front bench could prove as inept as the god awful Chris Grayling.[/quote]

Dianne Abbott? Dawn Butler? Corbyn?
What methodology have you used to get to 3 to 5 million job losses?[/quote]

Judge a person when in office and has the power to change things for the better, Grayling could be the worst ever cabinet minister, certainly in the running.

On job losses, estimates for a no deal are looking at a minimum 10& of all business to go bankrupt, could be more.
Depends on the kindness of the EU.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
]What were peoples thoughts when May was giving her terse kind of angry speech.

No doubt the right wing press will be sabre rattling for that lost cause of a Prime Minister.

I was thinking it was a poor attempt by Old Mac to slip on forced nationalization without compensations on the back of the coverage. Soviet history repeating itself.

I hope the next General Election is next summer, daft May can hold out a little bit longer.

That should help our majority.

Our country is capable of great things, especially in adversity. I believe in our country. Just so long as we don't have the wrecking ball marxist Labour Party and their 1970s policies governing things.

In my opinion, a marxist Labour government under the leadership of Corbyn, Mcdonnell, and their awful front-bench would do far far more damage to this country than our leaving the EU under WTO rules could ever do.[/quote]

I estimate leaving the EU without a deal would mean the loss of between 3 to 5 million jobs.

I doubt any of the Labour front bench could prove as inept as the god awful Chris Grayling.[/quote]

Dianne Abbott? Dawn Butler? Corbyn?
What methodology have you used to get to 3 to 5 million job losses?[/quote]

Judge a person when in office and has the power to change things for the better, Grayling could be the worst ever cabinet minister, certainly in the running.

On job losses, estimates for a no deal are looking at a minimum 10& of all business to go bankrupt, could be more.
Depends on the kindness of the EU.[/quote]

Where do you get your 10% figure ?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mate of Andy Burnham.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:40 am 
Manager
Manager

It really takes something to anger headteachers enough to prompt a thousand of them to march on Downing Street.

Downing Street Tories will tell you that more money is being spent on education than ever before, but there are more children in schools, not to mention inflation.

The IFS says total school spending per pupil fell around 8% in REAL terms in England between 2009/10 and 2017/18.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
It really takes something to anger headteachers enough to prompt a thousand of them to march on Downing Street.

Downing Street Tories will tell you that more money is being spent on education than ever before, but there are more children in schools, not to mention inflation.

The IFS says total school spending per pupil fell around 8% in REAL terms in England between 2009/10 and 2017/18.

Is it one of these lot who said that we can eradicate kids growing up as Tories by the way we teach them.

Very open minded if true.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Justine Greening

Like her, my choice to lead the Conservative party post Brexit.

OK not like but could accept, well not accept but well..... tolerate.

Well...... tolerate sometimes.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

I just hope they were not paid by their schools for the day they took off?

If they lost 1/195 of salary, that would help the school budget a little bit...!!

Greening an interesting shout. But she is rather 'dull'. I think leaders need to be a bit more inspirational - and even a bit charismatic - (in just the way that Theresa May is not!!!)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

If they lost 1/195 of salary, that would help the school budget a little bit...!!

Greening an interesting shout. But she is rather 'dull'. I think leaders need to be a bit more inspirational - and even a bit charismatic - (in just the way that Theresa May is not!!!)

I go for Greening because of the lack of intelligence on the Conservative front bench especially regards economics and climate change.

Something Greening excels in while being the two key issues facing the UK post Brexit.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I go for Greening because of the lack of intelligence on the Conservative front bench especially regards economics and climate change.

Something Greening excels in while being the two key issues facing the UK post Brexit.

Who would you seem to be intelligent on the opposition bench ?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Who would you seem to be intelligent on the opposition bench ?

Very difficult to know because its an easier judgment when looking at the ones in office. Study their record.

Very often people surprise you when they switch from opposition to Government.

There were a few in the Tony Blair government who previously in the shadows really produced top work.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Anyone who kept "quiet" in the Blair years, has a very poor moral compass.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

In this respect many of the current Labour front bench were on the right side of history.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

In this respect many of the current Labour front bench were on the right side of history.

Not supporting Blair on certain issues, indeed worthy. Supporting terrorist organisations at the same time, difficult to justify.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

"]Anyone who kept "quiet" in the Blair years, has a very poor moral compass.[/quote]

In this respect many of the current Labour front bench were on the right side of history.[/quote]

Not supporting Blair on certain issues, indeed worthy. Supporting terrorist organisations at the same time, difficult to justify.[/quote]

Im pretty sure the current Labour front bench once in government would hold the Israel and Saudi Arabian governments accountable for war crimes. Past and present.

To many civilians being killed as we speak, especially Children. With this UK Government selling these nations arms.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Im pretty sure the current Labour front bench once in government would hold the Israel and Saudi Arabian governments accountable for war crimes. Past and present.

To many civilians being killed as we speak, especially Children. With this UK Government selling these nations arms.[/quote]

And yet they won't condemn the IRA or the likes of Hezbollah .......Why not ?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

To many civilians being killed as we speak, especially Children. With this UK Government selling these nations arms.

And yet they won't condemn the IRA or the likes of Hezbollah .......Why not ?[/quote]

The ability to listen to all sides seems a rare quality.

Peacemaker.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Universal Credit, thoughts?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

The ability to listen to all sides seems a rare quality.

Peacemaker.[/quote]

How much has peacemaker JC listened to DUP and Israeli Government?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Universal Credit, thoughts?

The idea of a simpler, single benefits system is not a bad one. As always though, the people charged with implementing such an idea may struggle with understand the practical realities.
For example:
- People currently receiving benefits should not suddenly be left with less or without any
- the new benefit should not be used to reduce current benefits but to simplify admin and eligibility
- many people need help with making claims so full, and quick, support needs to be made available
wherever necessary.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

See above. One system the way to go for so many reasons. Getting it right another matter. It's certainly not right yet

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:

And yet they won't condemn the IRA or the likes of Hezbollah .......Why not ?[/quote]

Would you condemn lifelong friends that you admire? That cap fits Corbyn. Perfectly.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

Would you condemn lifelong friends that you admire? That cap fits Corbyn. Perfectly.[/quote]

If you fail to understand all sides your less likely to reach peaceful conclusions.
Rather talk than supply one side or the other with bombs and weapons.

Its really strange that Tory government through the decades have not been held accountable for supporting and profiting war criminals.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
If you fail to understand all sides your less likely to reach peaceful conclusions.
R.

That's what worries me about Corbyn.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Would you condemn lifelong friends that you admire? That cap fits Corbyn. Perfectly.

Its really strange that Tory government through the decades have not been held accountable for supporting and profiting war criminals.[/quote]

Help me out here KK. What organisations, who during their "friendship" to Tory Boys, have openly murdered UK citizens on the streets of the UK ?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

"]Im pretty sure the current Labour front bench once in government would hold the Israel and Saudi Arabian governments accountable for war crimes. Past and present.

To many civilians being killed as we speak, especially Children. With this UK Government selling these nations arms.[/quote]

Would you condemn lifelong friends that you admire? That cap fits Corbyn. Perfectly.[/quote]

Its really strange that Tory government through the decades have not been held accountable for supporting and profiting war criminals.[/quote]

Help me out here KK. What organisations, who during their "friendship" to Tory Boys, have openly murdered UK citizens on the streets of the UK ?[/quote]

The DUP inocent catholics Belfast, these people are little better than the thugs within Sinn Féin.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

The DUP inocent catholics Belfast, these people are little better than the thugs within Sinn Féin.[/quote]

Links to Loyalist organisations certainly exist or have historically existed. Tenuous links which hardly equate to the leadership of outright terrorist groups like the PIRA.

However, the DUP would not sit well with me as bed fellows. Scum like Corbyn's friends, on the other hand, I wouldn't spit on.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:12 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
The DUP inocent catholics Belfast, these people are little better than the thugs within Sinn Féin.

Links to Loyalist organisations certainly exist or have historically existed. Tenuous links which hardly equate to the leadership of outright terrorist groups like the PIRA.

However, the DUP would not sit well with me as bed fellows. Scum like Corbyn's friends, on the other hand, I wouldn't spit on.[/quote]

You know history, much of the land grabbing through the centuries has been through the use of your thugs against another group.
Royalty, the church, landed gentry.
Tories are complicit to this day of dealing with war criminals, that wont change.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am 

Not sure that left wing governments and revolutionaries haven't ALSO grabbed surrounding territories.... Just ask the countries that the Russian tanks have rolled into, or that they have invade or sought to control in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, or....

Don't JUST blame Tories. Blame human greed and desire for power over others - be they Tories, Trade Unions, African despots, or whatever....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Not sure that left wing governments and revolutionaries haven't ALSO grabbed surrounding territories.... Just ask the countries that the Russian tanks have rolled into, or that they have invade or sought to control in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, or....

Don't JUST blame Tories. Blame human greed and desire for power over others - be they Tories, Trade Unions, African despots, or whatever....

Hear, hear.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Hear, hear.

Human greed will never end. The remain camp see the EU as shining, saintly lights, without an evil thought in their body. Brexit supporters will point to the Simon Reeve documentary on Greece, which showed a broken country still tied into billions of dollars of arms sales from Germany, being bought by loans from German banks, and huge Krupps built diggers bought the same way, cutting Coal and slag, unfettered from the pristine Greek countryside, crap used to feed dirty, german built power stations. All lies if you support the EU and think Reeve made it up. Evidence of the dark side of German European manipulation, if you stand on the other side.

It never ends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand