Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:24 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11844
EU will only entertain an extension if there is a very clear destination.

Just kicking the can down the road won't cut it, especially as the European elections are upcoming and the UK would have to field candidates (not particularly welcomed by the EU).

The UK parliament has finally collapsed in upon itself. Those 650 MPs will go down in history as the most inept collection ever given responsibility. A clear reason why nobody has any lust for a general election, reassembling 650 potplant-level intellects doesn't solve complex issues.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
shropswolf wrote:
EU will only entertain an extension if there is a very clear destination.

Just kicking the can down the road won't cut it, especially as the European elections are upcoming and the UK would have to field candidates (not particularly welcomed by the EU).

The UK parliament has finally collapsed in upon itself. Those 650 MPs will go down in history as the most inept collection ever given responsibility. A clear reason why nobody has any lust for a general election, reassembling 650 potplant-level intellects doesn't solve complex issues.


This bunch of total incompetents, will never agree on anything. Extensions a complete waste of time. The only two things they have overwhelmingly voted for on this issue, have been voting down May's deal, and voting to allow the referendum in 2016.

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
The true nature of the EU
https://youtu.be/YXzubuENjHk

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11844
UK: We want a rebate on the fees
EU: OK
UK: We don't want to be in the Euro
EU: OK
UK: We don't want to be in Shengen
EU: OK
UK: We want a restriction on benefits until people have worked her for some time
EU: OK
UK: We want to stop child benefit being paid for children who aren't in the UK
EU: OK
UK: We want to kick out people who come here but don't work and can't afford to support themselves
EU: Fine, you already can
UK: We want more preferential treatment that other countries don't get
EU: Hmm, we can't really give that without everyone agreeing
UK: If you don't give us what we want, we'll leave
EU: Well, it's a bit of over reaction, but your choice
UK: OK, we want to leave
EU: We regret that, but if you trigger Article 50 then you can
UK: Right, so... now we're leaving, we want all the benefits we had from our membership
EU: Erm... but you're not going to be a member
UK: You don't want to give what we want? Then we'll leave with NOTHING!
EU: OK, hmm, yeah, well...
UK: Look, we're serious, we'll walk away with nothing if we have to
EU: ....
UK: Can we at least stay a little longer until we get what we want?

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:13 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
shropswolf wrote:
UK: We want a rebate on the fees
EU: OK
UK: We don't want to be in the Euro
EU: OK
UK: We don't want to be in Shengen
EU: OK
UK: We want a restriction on benefits until people have worked her for some time
EU: OK
UK: We want to stop child benefit being paid for children who aren't in the UK
EU: OK
UK: We want to kick out people who come here but don't work and can't afford to support themselves
EU: Fine, you already can
UK: We want more preferential treatment that other countries don't get
EU: Hmm, we can't really give that without everyone agreeing
UK: If you don't give us what we want, we'll leave
EU: Well, it's a bit of over reaction, but your choice
UK: OK, we want to leave
EU: We regret that, but if you trigger Article 50 then you can
UK: Right, so... now we're leaving, we want all the benefits we had from our membership
EU: Erm... but you're not going to be a member
UK: You don't want to give what we want? Then we'll leave with NOTHING!
EU: OK, hmm, yeah, well...
UK: Look, we're serious, we'll walk away with nothing if we have to
EU: ....
UK: Can we at least stay a little longer until we get what we want?


you forgot to add ...

EU:Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.
UK ...OK
EU: Now you are leaving with a No Deal can we have the £39 Billion please..

sounds of a door closing...

EU:Hello ...can we have our money please

sounds of a car engine starting and driving off.

EU: Hello ?...Hello ?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
gladbachwolf wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
No deal it is then, no other way around things now, as they stand. A combination of hard line Tory Brexiteers, some hard line Tory remainers, the EU and the Opposition benches have all conspired to make this a witches brew. The people wanted to leave, Parliament and the EU did not. Democracy has died in the UK.



No Deal does however facilitate the result of the vote - so I'm not sure that a No Deal means democracy has died ?



It has died in the eyes of the populace who will not vote for MP's much longer, if at all, after the recent shameless blocking and posturing.


Now I think you can safely say that democracy has died.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
I think the Norwegian's had a word for these people in WW2

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18589
suiging wrote:
I think the Norwegian's had a word for these people in WW2


Did the word end in uislings or in unts?

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
I think the Norwegian's had a word for these people in WW2


Did the word end in uislings or in unts?


Both..... Dependent on which Olaf you were talking to

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21138
Location: Four Oaks
suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
I think the Norwegian's had a word for these people in WW2


Did the word end in uislings or in unts?


Both..... Dependent on which Olaf you were talking to


Even one who is only half listening because we all know that half Olaf is better than none. Sorry, just having a bit of Olaf because I'm sick of all this Brexit stuff.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24772
Location: Cannock.
Will Maybot get her deal through at the third time of asking.

Can she bribe enough votes?


It actually could play into Labours hands if she gets this deal through without Jeremy giving any support.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Will Maybot get her deal through at the third time of asking.

Can she bribe enough votes?


It actually could play into Labours hands if she gets this deal through without Jeremy giving any support.


I'm afraid the electorate outside the orbital M25 know exactly how much "support" for their views Corbyn has displayed throughout this process. The traitors and total incompetents within the Conservative Party will feel the pain. Corbyn will face his own "white van" men and women, and will also be judged.

No winners in this mess.

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24772
Location: Cannock.
Its just sad that a government who offered the people an opportunity to get out were not competent enough to deliver on their promises.

The initial red lines coupled with a tunnel vision prime minister created such a situation.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:51 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
knocker knowles wrote:
Its just sad that a government who offered the people an opportunity to get out were not competent enough to deliver on their promises.

The initial red lines coupled with a tunnel vision prime minister created such a situation.


Its just as sad -perhaps more so to be honest - that the opposition party decided to throw their constituents decisions under the bus just to play party politics.

Don't mention the memberships decision to change their stance on their manifesto AFTER the GE that saw a lot of their MPs voted in in those Northern leave areas on the back of stating they would honour the referendum- lets ignore all of that eh.

Lets just do all we can to get these Negotiations fucked up...then we can get in power and blame the Tories...and there are those that will actually believe that!

I only hope those same Labour voting Leavers remember the Labour parties action in this debacle.

The Labour party obviously think voting Labour is too engrained in their psychi to change no matter what they do or say.

I only hope they are wrong...but somehow I doubt it.

As for cabinet ministers voting aganst the government ...why have they not been sacked?

Those 4 votes ensured No Deal was taken off the table thus weakening the negotiations at THE most critical time.

They should have been sacked straight away...just goes to show what Theresa May really wants.

I see Amber Rudd sent an explanation/apology to her constituents ...again I only hope they remember her actions.

.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
I see the first one has gone - pity his local party didn't have the balls to sort this guy out two years ago.

In fact they didn't even have the balls to do it now so he had to do it for them but hey ...every Little Counts as they say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47594875


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16639
Location: Moved
davejonesears wrote:
I see the first one has gone - pity his local party didn't have the balls to sort this guy out two years ago.

In fact they didn't even have the balls to do it now so he had to do it for them but hey ...every Little Counts as they say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47594875


Grieve had the nerve on Thursday to say that he expected to remain an MP with the support of his association. No chance.

_________________
Nuke Gay Whales


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:28 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21138
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
Its just sad that a government who offered the people an opportunity to get out were not competent enough to deliver on their promises.

The initial red lines coupled with a tunnel vision prime minister created such a situation.


They could of course have kept those promises with any significant support from Labour MP's whose leadership was only about seeking benefit for themselves from the process and were not interested in the merits or otherwise of the deal.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24772
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
I see the first one has gone - pity his local party didn't have the balls to sort this guy out two years ago.

In fact they didn't even have the balls to do it now so he had to do it for them but hey ...every Little Counts as they say

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47594875


Grieve had the nerve on Thursday to say that he expected to remain an MP with the support of his association. No chance.


Depends who becomes the next Tory leader, lets face it Maybot should have been long gone, but her party are more frightened as are the UK media of a Jeremy Corbyn government.
So she is not being held to account despite humiliating votes against her policies in Parliament.

If the Tories go for my choice Justine Greening there is an opportunity for Grieve to continue, and so he should as a voice of reason at this time.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:09 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7719
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
A great article in todays Mail on Sunday by David Starkey:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24772
Location: Cannock.
House of Commons speaker John Bercow says Prime Minister Theresa May cannot bring further meaningful votes on Brexit unless there's a substantial difference in what she is offering.

That's the way to do it.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
knocker knowles wrote:
House of Commons speaker John Bercow says Prime Minister Theresa May cannot bring further meaningful votes on Brexit unless there's a substantial difference in what she is offering.

That's the way to do it.


No It's not , this mans political & personal leanings in this matter are abundantly apparent.

It seems to me he's quite happy to set a precedent when it suits his aim , but to quote the rules when it does not.

The man is abusing his position , his arrogance knows no bounds.

Just because something suits your requirement doesn't make it right.

I only hope that ,once completed , time is taken to consider what and who led us to the outcome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 am
Posts: 157
Location: lichfield
The Leave Campaigns empty promises led us to this

They are the guilty ones here


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3892
raggedwolf wrote:
The Leave Campaigns empty promises led us to this

They are the guilty ones here



Sorry that's just rubbish.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:13 pm 
Offline
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 am
Posts: 157
Location: lichfield
Remember how easy they said it was going to be
They need us more than we need them
Billions for the NHS
Trade deals by the bucket load
Now they can't even decide to vote for a deal which gets us out

Not rubbish I'm afraid.

It was a referendum to save the Tories from UKIP and from their own lunatic fringe with a huge protest vote against the establishment with a significant generational bias

Di you remember anyone in the Leave campaign mentioning it would all come down to the Northern Irish border. Nope . Thought not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 24772
Location: Cannock.
raggedwolf wrote:
The Leave Campaigns empty promises led us to this

They are the guilty ones here


I think the leave campaign never had an opportunity to get off the ground because this government tried to please the right wing of its party.
And by doing so created red lines which prevented a consensus of opinion which would of then enabled a majority vote.

Its to late now but a structure built around EEA and Efta could have seen a way forward for the UK that was more about rights as well as trade.

The ERG put paid to more rounded discussions. They highjacked the leave campaigns opportunities.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21138
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
raggedwolf wrote:
The Leave Campaigns empty promises led us to this

They are the guilty ones here


I think the leave campaign never had an opportunity to get off the ground because this government tried to please the right wing of its party.
And by doing so created red lines which prevented a consensus of opinion which would of then enabled a majority vote.

Its to late now but a structure built around EEA and Efta could have seen a way forward for the UK that was more about rights as well as trade.

The ERG put paid to more rounded discussions. They highjacked the leave campaigns opportunities.


I don't think that is true. Before the vote, the government (Cameron) supported remain. They were not denied an opportunity they simply didn't do enough in their campaign against the leavers who pulled out all the stops. Complacency. It's easy to look back with hindsight but I don't recall you mentioning the EEA and Efta structures at the time.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7719
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
One lone man should NOT block another vote if there is a chance of getting a deal through. Bercow is an arrogant little shit. I'm beginning to think and realise that I cannot live in a country where there is no longer any democracy and MP's block and ignore the will of the people.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11844
Is there any genuine chance of it getting through though? What has changed since last week?

The entire opposition still won't vote for it and there is no sign the DUP will vote for it. Corbyn is still hellbent on no-deal just for his own political gains.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9351
Location: The Cotswolds
And yet I suspect a No Deal, or a delay, or a second referendum, or a general election will ALL be the end of Comrade Corbyn as much as of Saint Theresa....

but you are right - after tonight's hectoring of MPs - a last throw of the dice - there is no way Theresa will win a vote. She just wanted to have her say in CAPITAL LETTERS!

She is already working on her memoirs and a mega-bucks deal. The title of the book will be interesting.

Any thoughts???

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11844
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
She is already working on her memoirs and a mega-bucks deal. The title of the book will be interesting.

Any thoughts???


No Book Is Better Than A Bad Book

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.