Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

An alternative point of view for those who want to balance information sources.

https://capx.co/amber-rudd-is-right-to- ... an-report/

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:50 am 
Manager
Manager

My kind of town.

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — It’s being called the next big move by a New Zealand government seen by progressives around the world as a beacon in increasingly populist times: a national budget whose spending is dictated by what best encourages the “well-being” of citizens.

That means that as the center-left government of Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern sets its priorities in the budget that will be unveiled on May 30, it is moving away from more traditional bottom-line measures like productivity and economic growth and instead focusing on goals like community and cultural connection and equity in well-being across generations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/worl ... udget.html

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:10 am 
Manager
Manager

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/mo ... spartandhp

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:46 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/more-than-4m-in-uk-are-trapped-in-deep-poverty-study-finds/ar-AAF0aT9?ocid=spartandhp

Where do people stand on those people who find themselves at the bottom of society.

Those who are unable or unwilling to help themselves.

What should those that have the capacity to help do?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:02 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/more-than-4m-in-uk-are-trapped-in-deep-poverty-study-finds/ar-AAF0aT9?ocid=spartandhp

Where do people stand on those people who find themselves at the bottom of society.

Those who are unable or unwilling to help themselves.

What should those that have the capacity to help do?

!). I am in favour of helping these types of people, in any society you will have rich and poor but the quality and compassion of that society is in how they might help the extreme poor.

2). This is the big problem, which poor help themselves at all in any way and those who are unable should be helped where it is proven that they cannot do so. It is noticeable to me that a lot of poor people have the most up to date and stylish mobile phones and smoke and drink alcohol copiously. Maybe it is the poverty that makes them turn to excessive smoking and drinking ( drugs too I guess) so it is a vicious circle.

3). The Government should help the very poorest once it has been determined if they cannot do anything positive for their condition but it should not become another benefits vehicle for them to ride on willy nilly. Very hard to organise and police such a system.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Glorious twelfth.

Its part of the idle rich summer season, it gives them something to do.

Their bank accounts are filling at the same time. Its those investments that cannot lose.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Asda employs 120k workers who are so badly underpaid that last year they claimed £221,300,000 in working tax credits & housing benefits.

That's £356,360 per store annually.

Asda employees are now being forced to sign a contract that will see them £500pa worse off.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Asda employs 120k workers who are so badly underpaid that last year they claimed £221,300,000 in working tax credits & housing benefits.

Asda employees are now being forced to sign a contract that will see them £500pa worse off.

You really need to be more careful with the way you write things. You are like one of those papers who spin to suit and whom you love so much and yet you are practiced in the art. It is clear that Asda are trying to impose a new contract on staff but you don't report that they deny that most of their staff will be worse off and that they say they are actually investing £80m to fund the new contracts. Although some staff will lose paid breaks and have a reduced number of unsocial hours paid and COULD be up to £500 worse off, the minimum pay is increasing from £8.21 per hour to £9.00 per hour and others, probably the lowest paid of all, will be better off. They also deny that they are forcing people to sign the new contracts so only time will tell if that is true. I don't love low paying employers either but I think we should look at the full facts before making any judgements.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

One company turned over 595 million pounds last year. It has thousands of properties, 100's of thousands of acres of land in its portfolio in Great Britain and Ireland.
100's of business are owned by it, yet it pays the minimum wage to its thousands of base rate employees, it also has a zero hour pay policy and encourages volunteers to fill jobs.
Who are they knocker?
They certainly dont conform to your proletariat principles in relation to the distribution of wealth innit.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

One company turned over 595 million pounds last year. It has thousands of properties, 100's of thousands of acres of land in its portfolio in Great Britain and Ireland.
100's of business are owned by it, yet it pays the minimum wage to its thousands of base rate employees, it also has a zero hour pay policy and encourages volunteers to fill jobs.
Who are they knocker?
They certainly dont conform to your proletariat principles in relation to the distribution of wealth innit.

I agree, The Labour part should be setting standards for others to follow within a corrupt society that it seeks to represent.
Perhaps its a sad reflection that real change is slower than expected due to those who have infested the party with the wrong ideals.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Who are they knocker?

I agree, The Labour part should be setting standards for others to follow within a corrupt society that it seeks to represent.
Perhaps its a sad reflection that real change is slower than expected due to those who have infested the party with the wrong ideals.

?
I am referring to The National Trust.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

]Asda employs 120k workers who are so badly underpaid that last year they claimed £221,300,000 in working tax credits & housing benefits.

Asda employees are now being forced to sign a contract that will see them £500pa worse off.[/quote]

Who are they knocker?
They certainly dont conform to your proletariat principles in relation to the distribution of wealth innit.[/quote]

Perhaps its a sad reflection that real change is slower than expected due to those who have infested the party with the wrong ideals.[/quote]

?
I am referring to The National Trust.[/quote]

Oh sorry, I thought you were having your usual pop against the Labour party.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

And the fish just couldn't help himself....

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:

R. Its amazing how one can be fooled by spin innit. Post the words they want to hear and stand back. I bet knocker is a member :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

R. Its amazing how one can be fooled by spin innit. Post the words they want to hear and stand back. I bet knocker is a member :lol:

:lol:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am 
Manager
Manager

Labour to give councils power to seize boarded up shops.

Great policy...

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Great policy...

Who will compensate the owners?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Great policy...

Who will compensate the owners?

You are forgetting that all property is theft. Just make sure you keep your house guarded.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

The Tory ‘think tank’ that dreamed up Universal Credit is now laying the groundwork for the state pension age to be raised to 75, and says “working longer potentially improves health and wellbeing”.

Failed Tory ideology only offers misery for the many.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The Tory ‘think tank’ that dreamed up Universal Credit is now laying the groundwork for the state pension age to be raised to 75, and says “working longer potentially improves health and wellbeing”.

Source KK?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:59 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Source KK?

Ian Drunken Smith.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Source KK?

Ian Drunken Smith.

Another London centric-think tank, full of Islington luvvies. Another reason Corbyn has to go to get a proper "Labour" leader installed to be a 'proper' opposition and a viable future Government not tied to Marxists and Union leaders, hell bent on feathering their own nests at the cost to every working man.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 am 
Manager
Manager

]The Tory ‘think tank’ that dreamed up Universal Credit is now laying the groundwork for the state pension age to be raised to 75, and says “working longer potentially improves health and wellbeing”.

Failed Tory ideology only offers misery for the many.[/quote]

Source KK?[/quote]

Ian Drunken Smith.[/quote]

Another London centric-think tank, full of Islington luvvies. Another reason Corbyn has to go to get a proper "Labour" leader installed to be a 'proper' opposition and a viable future Government not tied to Marxists and Union leaders, hell bent on feathering their own nests at the cost to every working man.[/quote]

Its sad that you probably believe this. Rather than argue the toss, as a teenager did you have these type of views and what was your influence through the years?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
]The Tory ‘think tank’ that dreamed up Universal Credit is now laying the groundwork for the state pension age to be raised to 75, and says “working longer potentially improves health and wellbeing”.

Source KK?[/quote]

Ian Drunken Smith.[/quote]

Another London centric-think tank, full of Islington luvvies. Another reason Corbyn has to go to get a proper "Labour" leader installed to be a 'proper' opposition and a viable future Government not tied to Marxists and Union leaders, hell bent on feathering their own nests at the cost to every working man.[/quote]

Its sad that you probably believe this. Rather than argue the toss, as a teenager did you have these type of views and what was your influence through the years?[/quote]

I was a teenager in the seventies. I have seen what out of control Unions bring to the country., three day weeks and black-outs I was also in the military in the late seventies, posted to Germany and Berlin. Again I have actually seen what communism looks like. Armed with these experiences I can see through Corbyn and McDonnell, and know who they really are.

I went on a resettlement course after the Mob with a bloke who worked with Arthur Scargill in the pits. He told me of the day Scargill saw the light, downed tools and said "Fuck working for a living, I'm off to join the Union".

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 am 
Manager
Manager

So you have never been aware of the good Unions have done through the decades or how owners and managers have exploited the working person?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
So you have never been aware of the good Unions have done through the decades or how owners and managers have exploited the working person?

Tell me about your life experiences ? Why should anyone listen to you ?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I was very unfortunate, my biological parents couldn't co exist so I was passed around from home to home.
Received very little formal education so have had to read in excess as a form of catch up.

As you can tell by my lack of writing skills.

If your a kid in the sixties your not going to have a backdrop of social services, so its lonely dark nights and a hell of a lot of shit that follows.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I was very unfortunate, my biological parents couldn't co exist so I was passed around from home to home.
Received very little formal education so have had to read in excess as a form of catch up.

If your a kid in the sixties your not going to have a backdrop of social services, so its lonely dark nights and a hell of a lot of shit that follows.

You have my sympathy. We all had many dark nights due to the three day week. I am beginning to see where your hatred for anyone that has had a better start in life. But Corbyn was born with a great big silver spoon firmly in his mouth. He is a multi-millionare who tries to hide it by being a tramp both in thought and appearance. Are you mesmerised with his promises to make his followers the king's of the hill, or do you just wish to take from those that have, because you didn't have it from the start ?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:00 am 
Manager
Manager

So you have never been aware of the good Unions have done through the decades or how owners and managers have exploited the working person?[/quote]

Tell me about your life experiences ? Why should anyone listen to you ?[/quote]

If your a kid in the sixties your not going to have a backdrop of social services, so its lonely dark nights and a hell of a lot of shit that follows.[/quote]

You have my sympathy. We all had many dark nights due to the three day week. I am beginning to see where your hatred for anyone that has had a better start in life. But Corbyn was born with a great big silver spoon firmly in his mouth. He is a multi-millionare who tries to hide it by being a tramp both in thought and appearance. Are you mesmerised with his promises to make his followers the king's of the hill, or do you just wish to take from those that have, because you didn't have it from the start ?[/quote]

No I was reading and exploring Karl Marx from about 14 years of age, many years before I came across Jeremy Corbyn who would be to the right of me with more socialist views.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Be yourself. You got this far, stop regarding others interpretations or thoughts or views as better than yourself. Just post your own thoughts and shit, if others dont like it, fuck um. Tis the basis of human interaction since time began, lead dont follow. You talk very much shit indeed, but your own stuff is poorly disguised but VERY different. Are you Chalky White?, if so I claim my £50

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand