Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

What your looking for from each party as they campaign for your vote.

What I'm looking for from Labour is the ability to expose this Tory Brexit myth, this lets get this done bollocks.

Get what done exactly, lets expose the detail.

What free trade deals, even if you double the current deal with the USA, your way short.

How and when your going to negotiate a Trade deal with the EU.

Near the end of 2020, your having a laugh.

How about regulatory alignment with the EU to gain a Trade deal?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's not a "Tory Brexit myth", KK, it is just a fact that 52% of the electorate voted to leave, of which many of those were Labour voters in the Midlands and North. The Tory Party is split with Brexit, hence a few MP's leaving them or getting denied the whip and forced out of the party. Labour doesn't know where it truly stands on Brexit, the leader deep down wants to leave but his party MP's largely do not. The Lib Dems want to remain, period, so there we have it. It is Boris and the ERG along with Nigel Farage's mob who desperately want to leave the EU and now we have had three years of denial, side-stepping, tactical voting, Supreme Court rulings, people want an end to the subject, one way or another. So, we have a General Election but is it really a Second Referendum in disguise? Although an election should be about decent, solid manifestos for the future, just how much of this is just another Referendum to STAY or LEAVE? It is a massive gamble that Boris has taken to call an election and it may well bite him on the backside and see Brexit stopped by a Labour / SNP / Lib Dem alliance if a hung Parliament results after it. Despite what we all may think about improving the NHS, providing more police on the beat in the longer term, immigration, knife crime, climate change, appalling MP behaviour, homelessness, drug gangs with County lines, long term trade and working conditions etc, etc, this really is a second referendum from my viewpoint. Team A want to drive Brexit through, period. Team B want to stop Brexit and revoke Article 50. Everything else vitally important stands in the queue behind it all for the time being. Who will provide these improved manifesto conditions and promises and will it be the Tories or Labour or a Coalition??? Whatever happens on and after Dec 12th, we need to move on and look forwards not backwards, however bad things may be for a few years. Hard decisions for us all to consider now before the election and how do we stand now compared to three years ago? Change your mind or stick with your last decision back then?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Funnily enough a Labour win would be great for me, I recently sold my property and haven't bought yet. I am also keeping my money across different countries so I would greatly benefit from a dramatic fall in the pound and British asset prices, of course it would be a disaster for most people.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
It's not a "Tory Brexit myth", KK, it is just a fact that 52% of the electorate voted to leave, of which many of those were Labour voters in the Midlands and North. The Tory Party is split with Brexit, hence a few MP's leaving them or getting denied the whip and forced out of the party. Labour doesn't know where it truly stands on Brexit, the leader deep down wants to leave but his party MP's largely do not. The Lib Dems want to remain, period, so there we have it. It is Boris and the ERG along with Nigel Farage's mob who desperately want to leave the EU and now we have had three years of denial, side-stepping, tactical voting, Supreme Court rulings, people want an end to the subject, one way or another. So, we have a General Election but is it really a Second Referendum in disguise? Although an election should be about decent, solid manifestos for the future, just how much of this is just another Referendum to STAY or LEAVE? It is a massive gamble that Boris has taken to call an election and it may well bite him on the backside and see Brexit stopped by a Labour / SNP / Lib Dem alliance if a hung Parliament results after it. Despite what we all may think about improving the NHS, providing more police on the beat in the longer term, immigration, knife crime, climate change, appalling MP behaviour, homelessness, drug gangs with County lines, long term trade and working conditions etc, etc, this really is a second referendum from my viewpoint. Team A want to drive Brexit through, period. Team B want to stop Brexit and revoke Article 50. Everything else vitally important stands in the queue behind it all for the time being. Who will provide these improved manifesto conditions and promises and will it be the Tories or Labour or a Coalition??? Whatever happens on and after Dec 12th, we need to move on and look forwards not backwards, however bad things may be for a few years. Hard decisions for us all to consider now before the election and how do we stand now compared to three years ago? Change your mind or stick with your last decision back then?

The myth being that Johnson knows what he is doing on Brexit, with his thoughts on future trade deals being quick and easy.
Labour should expose this as pure fantasy.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Brexit needs to be done first then "the myths" can evolve. Pure Fantasy for me is the Labour promise of 4 day working weeks with the same pay etc, now that is utter fantasy in anyone's book. Hard to believe fully in any party or any leader of them on Dec 12th, vote for your lesser of three evils or vote for a Brexit or No Brexit. Simples.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Brexit needs to be done first then "the myths" can evolve. Pure Fantasy for me is the Labour promise of 4 day working weeks with the same pay etc, now that is utter fantasy in anyone's book. Hard to believe fully in any party or any leader of them on Dec 12th, vote for your lesser of three evils or vote for a Brexit or No Brexit. Simples.

I still don't get it

What does Brexit needs to be done...……………...mean?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I still don't get it

You are not alone, all the Labour Frontbench don't get it either.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:57 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I still don't get it

Finalised. Leave as per the agreement with the EU or, at worst scenario, stay in if the Opposition stop Brexit by revoking Article 50. One way or another, Brexit needs to be FINALISED. Finalised means DONE.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I still don't get it

Finalised. Leave as per the agreement with the EU or, at worst scenario, stay in if the Opposition stop Brexit by revoking Article 50. One way or another, Brexit needs to be FINALISED. Finalised means DONE.

Do you mean completed, concluded, ended, closed, achieved, implemented, wrapped up, wound up, fulfilled, attained - or have I misunderstood? :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I still don't get it

Sorry to be dim, but do you mean conclude the first part before we enter trade talks. We have today seen Steve Baker right wing Tory nut job talking about GATT 14 and how difficult this will prove.
Even Baker is trying to understand the basics.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Sorry to be dim, but do you mean conclude the first part before we enter trade talks. We have today seen Steve Baker right wing Tory nut job talking about GATT 14 and how difficult this will prove.
Even Baker is trying to understand the basics.[/quote]

You know exactly what he means...move on from this endless stage one way or another....we cant get anything more 'done' until we do.

If you want to move on & leave the EU only the Torys will try and deliver this- no other party will- unless of course you vote for the Brexit Party.

tbh I think the Tories may yet form some sort of alliance to that end- or at the very least the Brexit Party may soften their stance to accommodate that.

The Lib Dems have forfeited some potentially winnable Welsh seats to do just that with the other 'Remain parties' so that precedent has now been set.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

No I honestly don't know what Lets get this thing done means.

And also not sure if Johnson fully understands whats likely to happen as he tries to unravel decades in the making trade deals within the EU.

Farage I fear is taking advantage of the general public not understanding the possibilities and could sabotage a Conservative majority.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Perhaps the phrase "get this thing finished one way or another and move on with day to day life and issues" is more easier to grasp, KK..??? I am not vague like a politician but getting it done means finally getting some resolution done with Brexit, whether we leave finally or on the other hand, we stay in and get on with life after a three year time waste. Whatever occurs, I will be happy to just move on as life is too short for this nonsensical mess that parliament, be it Cameron initially, or the Opposition parties since the last election, have foisted upon us all.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Perhaps the phrase "get this thing finished one way or another and move on with day to day life and issues" is more easier to grasp, KK..??? I am not vague like a politician but getting it done means finally getting some resolution done with Brexit, whether we leave finally or on the other hand, we stay in and get on with life after a three year time waste. Whatever occurs, I will be happy to just move on as life is too short for this nonsensical mess that parliament, be it Cameron initially, or the Opposition parties since the last election, have foisted upon us all.

But Brexit is like a long book, a long process with the EU being something that's developed and develops over decades.
There is NO end point, there is NO get things done, there at best is an end to chapter one.

There is no moving on to other matters because unless there is continued negotiation in good faith from all parties all else falls apart.

All those spending promises from Labour and Conservative will never get off the ground if the UK stagnates because of poor Brexit decisions over the coming years.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

But Brexit is like a long book, a long process with the EU being something that's developed and develops over decades.
There is NO end point, there is NO get things done, there at best is an end to chapter one.

There is no moving on to other matters because unless there is continued negotiation in good faith from all parties all else falls apart.

All those spending promises from Labour and Conservative will never get off the ground if the UK stagnates because of poor Brexit decisions over the coming years.

You are deliberately pretending to be obtuse in order to make a point. We know that trade details will need sorting out if we leave and that will take some time. Good Brexit decisions could see the opposite of what you say - you are imposing your own opinions about what might happen - again. Gladbach is saying we need a final decision on whether we leave or whether we stay and it needs to be soon and you know that of course. You give others no credit whatsoever for having any knowledge at all about these matters whilst you try to show us you know everything.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

Just to correct that point about opposition parties preventing the WB passing through Parliament.

The Tories along with the bribed Irish held a majority within the house and it was the right wing loons ERG whose votes prevented it going through.

We should also recall Johnsons voting record on the May bill.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Just to correct that point about opposition parties preventing the WB passing through Parliament.

The Tories along with the bribed Irish held a majority within the house and it was the right wing loons ERG whose votes prevented it going through.

We should also recall Johnsons voting record on the May bill.

Let me just re-correct - Labour MP's were whipped to vote against largely because Corbyn's team wanted to prevent the Tories passing it rather than because of major objections to the agreement and if they had been given a free vote the bill would probably have passed. Yes, the ERG tories certainly had a hand in it but Labour MP's had a bigger hand by going for political advantage rather than personal conscience.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am 
Manager
Manager

A Conservative majority at the next General Election will pursue a very hard Brexit. Given the refusal to extend the Implementation Period beyond 2020 and the obvious lack of time to negotiate a Free Trade Agreement before then, this means we will be on WTO terms by January 2021.

David Gauke.

Its this message that Labour should be hammering home day after day but I doubt those working on strategy have a fecking clue.

You shouldn't have to rely on ex Tory ministers to deliver some harsh truths.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
A Conservative majority at the next General Election will pursue a very hard Brexit. Given the refusal to extend the Implementation Period beyond 2020 and the obvious lack of time to negotiate a Free Trade Agreement before then, this means we will be on WTO terms by January 2021.

David Gauke.

Its this message that Labour should be hammering home day after day but I doubt those working on strategy have a fecking clue.

You shouldn't have to rely on ex Tory ministers to deliver some harsh truths.

Utter rubbish. Project Fear Gawk is simply a bitter man. He always was

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Leaving the IP on WTO terms would be devastating to many sectors of our economy. It’s a thoroughly irresponsible policy.

There are many excellent Conservative candidates who I wish well but a Conservative majority at the next election would be a bad outcome for the country.

After a great deal of thought I have decided to stand in South West Hertfordshire as an independent candidate. I will campaign for centre ground values and oppose an approach to Brexit that puts our prosperity at risk.

David Gauke.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Leaving the IP on WTO terms would be devastating to many sectors of our economy. It’s a thoroughly irresponsible policy.

There are many excellent Conservative candidates who I wish well but a Conservative majority at the next election would be a bad outcome for the country.

After a great deal of thought I have decided to stand in South West Hertfordshire as an independent candidate. I will campaign for centre ground values and oppose an approach to Brexit that puts our prosperity at risk.

David Gauke.

Self indulgent self preserving self service, the current batch at Westminster. They all need washing away and allowing people in that do the job for their constituents not their own trousers as in this c..t https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... salary-of-£125000/ar-BBWF9yJ?ocid=spartanntp

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Character assassination of a former Conservative minister for telling the truth, and its me defending him.

Strange, funny world we live in.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well which one is it KK? Ashworth says no four day week for NHS, McDonnell immediately contradicts him. And all this while Corbyn yet again sides with terrorists.

Labour showing their true dysfunctional nature on a daily basis.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand