Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The argument that it will be easy to agree a Free Trade Agreement because we start off aligned is entirely bogus. Boris Johnson’s position is that we shouldn’t be aligned with the EU. In an FTA negotiation it’s not the starting point that matters but the destination #ITVDebate

David Gauke.

Jeremy Corbyn had an early opportunity to nail that key Tory slogan on the Johnson bus for what it is.
He failed.

Absolute rubbish to think there can be a quick trade deal next year.

Its key to this election...……….Expose this cobblers for what it is.

It remains the key question during this election campaign.

COULD JOHNSON GET A COMPREHENSIVE TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU BEFORE THE END OF 2020.

One that doesn't throw the UK economy over a cliff, ALL ELSE IS NOISE.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:36 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
The argument that it will be easy to agree a Free Trade Agreement because we start off aligned is entirely bogus. Boris Johnson’s position is that we shouldn’t be aligned with the EU. In an FTA negotiation it’s not the starting point that matters but the destination #ITVDebate

David Gauke.

Jeremy Corbyn had an early opportunity to nail that key Tory slogan on the Johnson bus for what it is.
He failed.

COULD JOHNSON GET A COMPREHENSIVE TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU BEFORE THE END OF 2020.

Michael Heseltine on BBC r4 today making it clear that it is nonsense that ‘Get Brexit Done’ does what it says on the tin. Rather is starts Years of negotiation, years of uncertainty and then still the possibility of No Deal...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:05 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

David Gauke.

He failed.

Michael Heseltine on BBC r4 today making it clear that it is nonsense that ‘Get Brexit Done’ does what it says on the tin. Rather is starts Years of negotiation, years of uncertainty and then still the possibility of No Deal...

What did you expect the arch-remainer to say?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:26 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

This election should be relatively simple. A party that has been in for 9 years shouldn't have to say "Elect us, and we'll do this." They should be saying "Elect us, because of all these great things we've done."

I'm sorry, but the national debt has increased from Billions, to Trillions.

GP waiting times are at an all time high.

Homelessness has risen 127% in the last 9 years.

More and more people are using food banks than ever before.

They're telling us they will increase the number of police officers on the street by 20,000, yet have sacked off 22,000 since their election, so are still in a deficit.

They said there will be 50,000 MORE (and I emphasise the word more) nurses employed by our NHS, yet said 19,000 of them are already Nurses employed. So the real number is 31,000.

By December, in 9 years they will have had 3 prime minister's, 4 general elections, 1 referendum, copious delays, yet they're meant to be strong and stable.

As for the Broadband issue, the UK is one of the worst 1st world countries when it comes to broadband coverage. 10% is covered. Just think about that for a second.

I'm not here to debate, I'm just here to give Just some of the facts. There are more people suffering due to the last 9 year's of austerity than ever before. I'd rather someone shit on their ballot paper than vote Tory.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:34 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

interesting thoughts from a man who says:
"A man chooses; a slave obeys"

Jezza seems not to be able to choose re Brexit, and wants to obey his Union masters, and even the British people (on a 2nd referendum) whilst choosing to ignore them on the first.

Strange times.

Oh - and unemployment at record lows. I wonder if you think things would be BETTER with Labour in charge? And who will pay for all their frankly incredible promises?

We are all going to pay less tax, work less hard (more maternity leave, longer paternity leave, 4 day week?) and yet have free HE, free healthcare, free dentist, free public transport, free parking, free TV, higher pensions, compensation for WASPI women.... (Oh - and a better deal in a 3 month chat with the EU than has been managed in over 2 years of hard slog...) Strange times indeed.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:07 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Supernoodle23 wrote:
This election should be relatively simple. A party that has been in for 9 years shouldn't have to say "Elect us, and we'll do this." They should be saying "Elect us, because of all these great things we've done."

They're telling us they will increase the number of police officers on the street by 20,000, yet have sacked off 22,000 since their election, so are still in a deficit.

They said there will be 50,000 MORE (and I emphasise the word more) nurses employed by our NHS, yet said 19,000 of them are already Nurses employed. So the real number is 31,000.

By December, in 9 years they will have had 3 prime minister's, 4 general elections, 1 referendum, copious delays, yet they're meant to be strong and stable.

As for the Broadband issue, the UK is one of the worst 1st world countries when it comes to broadband coverage. 10% is covered. Just think about that for a second.

I'm not here to debate, I'm just here to give Just some of the facts. There are more people suffering due to the last 9 year's of austerity than ever before. I'd rather someone shit on their ballot paper than vote Tory.

We can see that, so in the same vein:

I'd rather shot myself than vote for Corbyn & his 70's Marxist chums or Swinson and her democracy denying manifesto.

I am not a dyed in the wool tory butI will never ever vote for either so Boris it is.

Christ I really hope enough people agree with me to give him a majority.

& therin lies your problem.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

In life there are always consequences. Every Labour government in history has left office with the country poorer for their efforts. Easy to check? Look it up.

Everyone always wishes they could turn the clock back. Pipe dreams for children. This time a vote for Corbyn would see a Marxist pipe dream become a reality. Power cuts, stinking trains never on time, candles in the winter and a country in terminal debt.

A vote for Corbyn is a vote for misery.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Supernoodle23 wrote:

Good accurate post that.
The real issues and the narrative fed to the electorate gives us all manner of side issues and fake news while your post highlights the key issues for many folk facing a daily struggle.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:53 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Supernoodle23 wrote:

Good accurate post that.
The real issues and the narrative fed to the electorate gives us all manner of side issues and fake news while your post highlights the key issues for many folk facing a daily struggle.

The real issues and narrative are readily available for all to see. You are blind t that. What you should be looking at is the leadership of the Labour Party.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Supernoodle23 wrote:

Good accurate post that.

The real issues and narrative are readily available for all to see. You are blind t that. What you should be looking at is the leadership of the Labour Party.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/WJTEa2ARS_I

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

As each day passes and the GE get's closer, the tone of desperation in the voices of the Marxists is clear to hear. They are losing their cool during interviews. They are making outlandish claims with no basis of fact.

The sad thing is with our electoral system, if complacency sets in they could still, just like the Nazis, creep in. God help us.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:20 pm 

Interesting clip of Gardiner - Mr Super-oleaginous - getting rattled trying to defend completely outrageous claims by Corbyn.

When will Jezza realise that by peddling completely fabricated nonsense that you SAY the other side are going to do is just ignored by all sensible voting folk - whether they are rich or poor.

They may not be well-educated, but have ALL heard the tale of the little boy who cried 'Wolf' - and where that got him....

I want politicians to say WHAT THEY WILL DO, and WHAT VISION THEY HAVE FOR THE FUTURE.

I don't want backward-looking negative folk. I don't want 'fully costed manifestos' (since when did THEY become a requirement? Used to be a simple short exposition of broad grand plans for finance, education, defence, health, social care, etc....)

I want optimism. I want someone to INSPIRE me.

I will be disappointed.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Interesting clip of Gardiner - Mr Super-oleaginous - getting rattled trying to defend completely outrageous claims by Corbyn.

When will Jezza realise that by peddling completely fabricated nonsense that you SAY the other side are going to do is just ignored by all sensible voting folk - whether they are rich or poor.

They may not be well-educated, but have ALL heard the tale of the little boy who cried 'Wolf' - and where that got him....

I want politicians to say WHAT THEY WILL DO, and WHAT VISION THEY HAVE FOR THE FUTURE.

I don't want backward-looking negative folk. I don't want 'fully costed manifestos' (since when did THEY become a requirement? Used to be a simple short exposition of broad grand plans for finance, education, defence, health, social care, etc....)

I will be disappointed.

If we are talking future trade deals here its hard to imagine the USA as the senior partner not wanting the UK healthcare system to be part of the agreement.
The whole ethos and ideology of the Conservative party points to free trade and market forces.
Lets remember in 2018 over 9 billion worth of contracts were awarded by the NHS to the private sector.
I would imagine that number would increase given the fresh negotiations wouldn't you?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I will be disappointed.

If we are talking future trade deals here its hard to imagine the USA as the senior partner not wanting the UK healthcare system to be part of the agreement.
The whole ethos and ideology of the Conservative party points to free trade and market forces.
Lets remember in 2018 over 9 billion worth of contracts were awarded by the NHS to the private sector.
I would imagine that number would increase given the fresh negotiations wouldn't you?

Joining a free market does not mean taking deals which are disadvantageous to one's country.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:12 am 

I am sure I am very naive, but surely 'free trade' means the we can obtain our drugs from whichever company will give us the best deal?

And I certainly don't regard the buying and selling of drugs as in any way amounting to 'selling off the NHS'. If Jezza and his cronies got in, who do they think they will buy dressings, drugs, beds, trolleys etc from? Are the government going to have government (oops - sorry - 'people-owned'!) owned small businesses up and down the land manufacturing all the swabs, needles and stuff that the NHS needs to operate?

It is a complete nonsense to imagine that the NHS does not rely on privately owned companies. And there has for MANY years (including throughout Labour administrations) been workings across the public and private health systems.

Until the NATION is willing to have a sensible non-partisan debate about HOW we fund and run the health service, this nonsense will continue. In Britain, we want a gold-plated service ... but want to pay peanuts (with many of course contributing NOTHING!). The French and many other nations pay TWICE what we do on their healthcare.

It is the same disease that inflicts so many parts of our society. We demand cheapest goods, cheapest food, and even cheapest energy, whilst then moaning about High Streets stores closing (as we happily get 'bargains' on-line), supermarkets supplying inedible, plastic-bound junk, and energy companies going out of business by the score because their margins are now less than 3% and simply unprofitable.

We have to accept that to earn money we must work hard and efficiently, and that to then receive QUALITY goods and services, we must PAY for them.

Problem is that we are all just too mean ,mardy and moany!

We get what we deserve!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yes it does seem you are totally unaware of the ramifications of trade deals involving US drugs and pharmacy.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Yes it does seem you are totally unaware of the ramifications of trade deals involving US drugs and pharmacy.

It's good that we have someone who knows everything about everything to help us out.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 pm 

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

It's good that we have someone who knows everything about everything to help us out.

:D :smt023 :smt017

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 pm 
Tech-Head
Tech-Head

Vote SNP, that way Enfland can do wtf it likes :D

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

:D :smt023 :smt017

Sorry, I apologise for that comment.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 pm 

It was a fair comment!

I do not understand ramifications of trade deals; but I suspect no-one else genuinely does either!

And in any case, is anyone else getting ridiculously bored by every TV and radio station conduction their own 'in-depth interviews/debates' with 'party leaders' (or their frankly 3rd rate representatives) being asked exactly the same questions and making exactly the same ridiculously predictable responses???

And I am just as fed up with all of:
Labour - vote for us and end austerity; Corbyn is the honest broker building consensus; the programme is fully costed; the Tories plan to sell off the NHS; taxes will only rise for top 5% salaries - ie over £80k; everything to do with Trump (and the US) is evil; Britain has more poverty-stricken than ever.... Replace nuclear weapons, but guarantee never to use them(!); Put Brexit in hands of the people (didn;t we do that 3 years ago?); but mainly just STOP Boris
Tory - vote for us and Get Brexit Done; more in employment than ever; tax will not rise for 5 years; we will NOT sell off the NHS to Trump; bigger rises for lowest paid.... Vote Boris
Lib Dems - just vote for me because I am not nasty like the others; fully costed...; STOP BREXIT; vote for me and STOP Boris
SNP - vote for me for independence; and for free everything (to be paid for by selling and burning oil) and because I am green(!!!!); scrap nuclear weapons - and to STOP Boris
Plaid Cymru - vote for me because Labour in Wales are awful (NHS worse than anywhere) and STOP Boris
Greens - vote for me to save the planet; have millions of green jobs; fully costed; scrap nuclear weapons (in fact ALL weapons, and just love each other); and STOP Boris
Brexit - not sure why I am here, but vote for me and don't keep telling lies about what I said or did years ago. Oh - and Boris may be mad - but not as mad as my friend Donald - or me - but probably vote for Boris, unless we are standing in an unwinnable Labour heartland, in which case vote for me - well my candidates (all have been thoroughly vetted by a very fine vet). But if it's a Labour marginal, we will cock it all up by splitting the Brexit vote, and let the Corbynista get in again...!

I just wish someone would let the 'completely bonkers brigade' off the leash. A debate involving Diane Abbott and that nice Rees-Mogg man, plus a LibDem that no-one has heard of (has that Soubry woman joined them yet?) would at least be FUN. And someone might say something they actually believed rather than trot out quotes from the script they have all been handed.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think that comprehensively sums up EVERYTHING that the parties are saying Silverstone. Hours and hours of TV debate, saturation press coveraqe, intensive social media output and all it amounts to is that. I have just been in Spain for 9 days and it appears that nothing changed while I was away. I still think Corbyn is ineffective, I still think Johnson is untrustworthy, I still think all the other leaders can only be periphery to it all and I still think I just want it to end.

I am a voter - get me out of here!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Its likely that the voter has two choices.

A Conservative majority or a hung parliament.

Then from that we either leave the EU without knowing if Johnson will gain a credible trade deal with the EU or not.

Or would a Corbyn led coalition offer a second referendum which resulted in staying within the EU.

So the choice is does the UK risk its economic future or stay within its known key markets.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Then from that we either leave the EU without knowing if Johnson will gain a credible trade deal with the EU or not.

Or would a Corbyn led coalition offer a second referendum which resulted in staying within the EU.

So the choice is does the UK risk its economic future or stay within its known key markets.

Staying in key markets ?..... Well that's not all you get with Labour is it? Generational debt, a country left with no defence whatsoever, open borders with world-wide immigration swamping housing, the NHS, and driving down labour markets. Turning the clock back to wild-cat strikes, dirty trains with no investment and a currency that makes Venezuela look like a good financial bet. Vote Corbyn.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am 
Manager
Manager

I like the try before you buy concept.

I hope all the stranded commuters for the next 27 days are enjoying their insight into a nationalised railway system used as a political weapon by the Unions.

Vote Corbyn?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Staying in key markets ?..... Well that's not all you get with Labour is it? Generational debt, a country left with no defence whatsoever, open borders with world-wide immigration swamping housing, the NHS, and driving down labour markets. Turning the clock back to wild-cat strikes, dirty trains with no investment and a currency that makes Venezuela look like a good financial bet. Vote Corbyn.

Yeah, I get that I could write a similar piece on the Tories.

Just trying to strip it back to the core choice.

Do the Tories offer a Brexit that looks after the economy.

Does Labour offer a continuation of much the same.

Would the other parties in a possible coalition do so on a policy by policy basis.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:20 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Would the other parties in a possible coalition do so on a policy by policy basis.

I think the Tories are the only party that will - with a majority - actually Brexit.

The other mainstream parties wil not.

A hung parliament will just continue with this current paralised status.

I therefore think if you voted Brexit and you have not changed your mind then the only party you can vote for is the conservative party it is as simple as that.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out , both tactically and strategically:

Will enough Northern voters be persuaded to vote Tory
Will the Brexit party undermine & split the Tory vote in the North and return a Labour MP (that is in my opinion the only chance Labour have).
Do enough people care about Swinson in the Home counties to vote for the Lib Dems.
How will scotland vote - do Scottish Tories prefer Conservative or Lib Dems.

This is possibly THE most tactical election we have ever been involved in - history in the making.

Brilliant to be honest and has done more to engage me in politics than anything in my lifetime-
& believe me when I say it takes something to engage me in politics.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

]Its likely that the voter has two choices.

So the choice is does the UK risk its economic future or stay within its known key markets.[/quote]

Staying in key markets ?..... Well that's not all you get with Labour is it? Generational debt, a country left with no defence whatsoever, open borders with world-wide immigration swamping housing, the NHS, and driving down labour markets. Turning the clock back to wild-cat strikes, dirty trains with no investment and a currency that makes Venezuela look like a good financial bet. Vote Corbyn.[/quote]

Would the other parties in a possible coalition do so on a policy by policy basis.[/quote]

I think the Tories are the only party that will - with a majority - actually Brexit.

The other mainstream parties wil not.

A hung parliament will just continue with this current paralised status.

I therefore think if you voted Brexit and you have not changed your mind then the only party you can vote for is the conservative party it is as simple as that.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out , both tactically and strategically:

Will enough Northern voters be persuaded to vote Tory
Will the Brexit party undermine & split the Tory vote in the North and return a Labour MP (that is in my opinion the only chance Labour have).
Do enough people care about Swinson in the Home counties to vote for the Lib Dems.
How will scotland vote - do Scottish Tories prefer Conservative or Lib Dems.

This is possibly THE most tactical election we have ever been involved in - history in the making.

Brilliant to be honest and has done more to engage me in politics than anything in my lifetime-
& believe me when I say it takes something to engage me in politics.[/quote]

I personally dislike the direction UK politics has travelled, because we now have the largest party following the American play book.
Cummings being nothing more than a British version of Roger Stone. Its sad that manipulation is the core vote winner.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Its sad that manipulation is the core vote winner.

Blair and his cronies were the masters of it and the likes of Seamus Milne, John McDonnell and Len McLusky know what they are doing in this field too.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

It’s not hard.

Vote Conservative if you think you’re being deprived of the life you think you deserve by people who have even less than you do.

Don’t vote Conservative if you think you’re being deprived of the life you deserve by people who already have way, way more than you do.

James O'Brien.

Is he right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand