Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: BBC
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
No it wasn't austerity was introduced because of Tory ideology to cut back on front line services which had been upgraded and fully funded by previous Labour governments.

The nation had returned to growth post GLOBAL economic crash caused by the US sub prime market falling apart.

Osborne a piss poor chancellor then created a period of economic stagnation.

Funny ? That's not what the note said....

Obviously not the national DEBT since then has DOUBLED under the Tories.

One of the basic rules of interest, it increases over time. Labour left nothing but interest laden debt.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Fact check, last 70 years.

In current prices the Conservatives still borrowed far more (much more) overall than Labour, and on average, by a long way.

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/201 ... -70-years/

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

In current prices the Conservatives still borrowed far more (much more) overall than Labour, and on average, by a long way.

Sadly, as we have been a pretty much two part state for many years, every time the Tory Party came to power, they had the mess the Labour Party left behind to clear up. Cost money to bring the country back from the brink time after time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Sadly, as we have been a pretty much two part state for many years, every time the Tory Party came to power, they had the mess the Labour Party left behind to clear up. Cost money to bring the country back from the brink time after time.

The money Labour borrows goes into front line services, hospitals, schools, police recruitment, all that kind of investment.
Tories borrow far more, and feed the bubble which is financial MARKETS.
They create false money for the IDLE never worked a day in their lives Tories who place bets into markets in which they are never allowed to lose.

And its the working blokes money which creates this safety net for these speculative gamblers.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:34 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The money Labour borrows goes into front line services, hospitals, schools, police recruitment, all that kind of investment.
They create false money for the IDLE never worked a day in their lives Tories who place bets into markets in which they are never allowed to lose.

And its the working blokes money which creates this safety net for these speculative gamblers.

Its also the working blokes money - and his penchant for making a quick buck -that funded Buy To Let and the subsequent social housing issue.

He was of course duped by Thatcher in that ...its just a pity he didn't protect his offspring and thought merely of a few more quid for booze and fags.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 am 
Manager
Manager

"]Fact check, last 70 years.

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/201 ... -70-years/[/quote]

Sadly, as we have been a pretty much two part state for many years, every time the Tory Party came to power, they had the mess the Labour Party left behind to clear up. Cost money to bring the country back from the brink time after time.[/quote]

And its the working blokes money which creates this safety net for these speculative gamblers.[/quote]

Its also the working blokes money - and his penchant for making a quick buck -that funded Buy To Let and the subsequent social housing issue.

He was of course duped by Thatcher in that ...its just a pity he didn't protect his offspring and thought merely of a few more quid for booze and fags.[/quote]

That's true, Thatcherism has created many problems we face today.

I bet you know some idiots who bought British Gas shares, made a few quid, then family and friends spend a lifetime with much higher bills. Pure fuckin donuts, shit for brains.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

I am absolutely with Wes Hughes in the blog (I notice you are using 3 year old stuff again do you go searching through history until you find something that suits your argument?). You simply cannot compare like with like because each government was dealing with different circumstances. As Wes Hughes says, the question is "what would each of these governments have done if they were in power at the time of the other government" and there is no way of knowing that.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Honest to god, Lib Dems, Labour offered a potential way to stop No Deal, get Johnson out and that they'd campaign for a second referendum with an option to remain which is what you want.
If you can stomach 5 years with the tories can you really not do two weeks with Jeremy Corbyn as PM?

Lets see how this plays out on the BBC.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Honest to god, Lib Dems, Labour offered a potential way to stop No Deal, get Johnson out and that they'd campaign for a second referendum with an option to remain which is what you want.
If you can stomach 5 years with the tories can you really not do two weeks with Jeremy Corbyn as PM?

I expect them to be as anti-Tory as I always find them.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Who did the BBC invite onto their morning news show to bring knowledge and insight into Boris and his deal ? The leader of the GERMAN Green Party that's who, a young lady who had absolutely nothing to do with the negotiations, and surprise surprise she was in favour of six or severn more referenda and the UK eventually returned to serfdom .....Who'd a thought it?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:30 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I personally couldn't stomach two minutes with him as PM - & neither it s seems can Louise Ellman ...55 years in the Party.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I personally couldn't stomach two minutes with him as PM - & neither it s seems can Louise Ellman ...55 years in the Party.

Ellman has been in the pay of others for many years.

Believe you me your dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is easily matched by our loathing of every Tory prime minister you could think of.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Believe you me your dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is easily matched by our loathing of every Tory prime minister you could think of.

No KK, your loathing for politicians who you see as against the way you wish to run the country, comes nowhere near my hatred for a terrorist loving, anti-Semitic, hypocritical communist, who is a traitor to his people.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I've seen you use the words OUR and WE sevberal times...I assume you mean you and you Momentum chums.

I stand by my OWN beliefs I don't need a group of playground bullies to hide behine.

Again you deride a party memebr and MP who has been part of the Labour party for many many years because she disagrees with ytour view of your Messiah,

You are a twat mate plain and simple.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Lets see how this plays out on the BBC.[/quote]

I personally couldn't stomach two minutes with him as PM - & neither it s seems can Louise Ellman ...55 years in the Party.[/quote]

Believe you me your dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is easily matched by our loathing of every Tory prime minister you could think of.[/quote]

I've seen you use the words OUR and WE sevberal times...I assume you mean you and you Momentum chums.

I stand by my OWN beliefs I don't need a group of playground bullies to hide behine.

Again you deride a party memebr and MP who has been part of the Labour party for many many years because she disagrees with ytour view of your Messiah,

You are a twat mate plain and simple.[/quote]

And here's me thinking what a lovely bloke you are.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:34 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I personally couldn't stomach two minutes with him as PM - & neither it s seems can Louise Ellman ...55 years in the Party.[/quote]

Believe you me your dislike of Jeremy Corbyn is easily matched by our loathing of every Tory prime minister you could think of.[/quote]

And here's me thinking what a lovely bloke you are.[/quote]

I'm not.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

And here's me thinking what a lovely bloke you are.[/quote]

I'm not.[/quote]

Does it serve you to not be a nice bloke?

Most people want to be loved.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

BBC apologizes to The Tory Party and Priti Patel for saying she was laughing when she was laughing.

If only her brain was the same size as her arse.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Government plans for 200,000 affordable homes for young people were announced back in 2014, but not a single one has been built under the scheme...

The NAO said the government also no longer had a budget dedicated to the starter homes project.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-502 ... entral&ns_

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:57 am 
Manager
Manager

"Right wing media bias represents a corrosive democratic deficit. It is simply not possible to make an informed decision, when one is routinely, wilfully and cynically misinformed, disinformed or uninformed."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... wing-press

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
"Right wing media bias represents a corrosive democratic deficit. It is simply not possible to make an informed decision, when one is routinely, wilfully and cynically misinformed, disinformed or uninformed."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... wing-press

The Guardian are as guilty as most of the right wing press when it comes to disinformation or misinfornation in their quest to support Labour.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:58 am 
Manager
Manager

It’s not just Boris Johnson’s lying. It’s that the media let him get away with it

The prime minister’s falsehoods are mostly left unchallenged. If this goes on, the integrity of our politics faces collapse

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ying-media

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
It’s not just Boris Johnson’s lying. It’s that the media let him get away with it

The prime minister’s falsehoods are mostly left unchallenged. If this goes on, the integrity of our politics faces collapse

I don't think it's big news that Boris Johnson tells porkies. The article seems to come up with one example of an interviewer not challenging him, probably because she didn't know the facts herself, but there are many occasions when he has been given a hard time. It is just selective evidence again from The Guardian and I don't think that they have shown that his falsehoods are mostly left unchallenged, for example, I note that The Independent, The Daily Mirror as well as this one from the Guardian have published similar articles in the last few days.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I don't think it's big news that Boris Johnson tells porkies. The article seems to come up with one example of an interviewer not challenging him, probably because she didn't know the facts herself, but there are many occasions when he has been given a hard time. It is just selective evidence again from The Guardian and I don't think that they have shown that his falsehoods are mostly left unchallenged, for example, I note that The Independent, The Daily Mirror as well as this one from the Guardian have published similar articles in the last few days.

It appears to me that many on the left do not have any respect for the intelligence of the average voter who are well capable of determining whether politicians are liars or not and the left also wish to ensure that they can justify Labour losing the election. if that happens, as the fault of the media.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Channel4news focus group seems to have upset a few thousand Labour folk.

Birmingham voters calling Johnson a loveable buffoon.

#channel4news These fuckwits in Birmingham obviously prefer a privatised health service, homelessness and foodbanks? Boris Johnson a lovable buffoon? God help us if these morons are typical voters!

Bizarre watching channel4news provide a Party Political Beoadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party.

A focus group of Christmas turkeys that won’t vote for Labour ...but trusted Bliar and think BorisJohnson is a loveable buffoon.

Mass media may doom this country.

The focus group on Channel4News is possibly the most depressing thing I have ever seen. There is no hope for the majority of people in the UK. channel4news

#channel4news report with that focus group where the fuck did you dig those monsters from drag them by the neck to the foodbanks force them to see the homeless then damm their souls to hell

channel4news have just given a living example of why our country I fucked. That focus group was horrendous. There is clearly a massive education deficit in the country

These folk are a typical example of people who get their politics from day time TV and tabloid headlines. They’re just regurgitating sound bites put out by media. Working class voting Tories man. Shame channel4news

Omg what am I actually watching?! Where on earth do they find these people?! Please tell me these are just actors this is depressing me!

#channel4news showing an unrepresentative group of supposed ex labour supporters, totally biased, nothing more than an opportunity to slate Corbyn. Will we see a similar trashing of Johnson? No. One bloke just called Johnson a lovable buffoon, is this the shit ch4 are promoting?

I've just watched tonight's Channel4News segment re Birmingham Northfield Focus Group voter intention.
I've not seen or heard a more ignorant, unintelligent,selfish group of Sheeple who've been brainwashed by MSM Propaganda & Tory Soundbites!
God fucking help us.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Channel4news focus group seems to have upset a few thousand Labour folk.

Birmingham voters calling Johnson a loveable buffoon.

#channel4news These fuckwits in Birmingham obviously prefer a privatised health service, homelessness and foodbanks? Boris Johnson a lovable buffoon? God help us if these morons are typical voters!

Bizarre watching channel4news provide a Party Political Beoadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party.

A focus group of Christmas turkeys that won’t vote for Labour ...but trusted Bliar and think BorisJohnson is a loveable buffoon.

Mass media may doom this country.

The focus group on Channel4News is possibly the most depressing thing I have ever seen. There is no hope for the majority of people in the UK. channel4news

#channel4news report with that focus group where the fuck did you dig those monsters from drag them by the neck to the foodbanks force them to see the homeless then damm their souls to hell

channel4news have just given a living example of why our country I fucked. That focus group was horrendous. There is clearly a massive education deficit in the country

These folk are a typical example of people who get their politics from day time TV and tabloid headlines. They’re just regurgitating sound bites put out by media. Working class voting Tories man. Shame channel4news

Omg what am I actually watching?! Where on earth do they find these people?! Please tell me these are just actors this is depressing me!

#channel4news showing an unrepresentative group of supposed ex labour supporters, totally biased, nothing more than an opportunity to slate Corbyn. Will we see a similar trashing of Johnson? No. One bloke just called Johnson a lovable buffoon, is this the shit ch4 are promoting?

I've just watched tonight's Channel4News segment re Birmingham Northfield Focus Group voter intention.
I've not seen or heard a more ignorant, unintelligent,selfish group of Sheeple who've been brainwashed by MSM Propaganda & Tory Soundbites!
God fucking help us.

So you've managed to find quotes from half a dozen people who didn't like the programme and you have called that a few thousand Labour folk. What were the viewing figures? How many people made positive comments somewhere? Is calling someone a buffoon (even loveable) a compliment? I think the bigger threat to our democracy are those who disresepect the electorate - in this case one has called them fuckwits , one has called them ignorant, unintelligent and selfish "Sheeple" (haha very clever :roll: ) , one has referred to them regurgitating sound bites etc.. These people are potential voters with their own views and opinions and are entitled to them - the arrogance of those who don't respect them is the biggest problem as I see it. It is the same arrogance which has been blocking Brexit for 3 years because "We know best" and anyone who doesn't agree with us is thick or racist or both. Look inwardly at potential threats to Labour winning the election instead of blaming the media.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/election- ... nt-to-vote

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

The difference in Marr interviewing anyone from labour to his treatment of anyone in government is staggering.

This AM he let McDonnell wax lyrical, never questioning in depth and shutting up when asked to by Old Mac. Now contrast that with the treatment of the PM.

The BBC bias knows no bounds.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
The difference in Marr interviewing anyone from labour to his treatment of anyone in government is staggering.

This AM he let McDonnell wax lyrical, never questioning in depth and shutting up when asked to by Old Mac. Now contrast that with the treatment of the PM.

The BBC bias knows no bounds.

If Marr was in football he would rival Garth Crooks for depth.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Media search in all UK national press, last 3 months, number of articles covering:

“Corbyn and antisemitism” – 1,450

“Johnson and Islamophobia” – 164

“Corbyn and IRA” – 272

“Johnson and Yemen and war crimes” – 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand