Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Jeremy Corbyn
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://youtu.be/_RQmGk71dUI

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
The nationalisation of water, energy grids and the Royal Mail would save UK households £7.8bn a year and pay for itself within seven years, according to new academic research.

A report by Greenwich University’s Public Service International Research Unit put the total cost of compensation to private sector owners at [color=#FF0000]just[/color] £49.7bn – around a quarter of the widely quoted £196bn price tag calculated by the CBI last month, which also covered rail.

Labour’s manifesto for the 12 December general election is expected to include commitments to take the rail network, National Grid, water and mail delivery back into public hands.

Prof Hall found this would save the UK £2.5bn a year on water, £3.7bn on gas and electricity and a further £1.4bn if existing private finance initiative projects were nationalised.

Professor Hall calculates that the average household would be £142 better off a year as a result of nationalising energy grids, and £113 better off if English water companies were publicly owned.

“Based on intensive empirical research, this paper shows that public ownership of utilities would result in annual savings of just under £8bn – so nationalisation would pay for itself in less than seven years,” said Prof Hall.

This organisation has over 700 unions affiliated to it worldwide, and was founded in order to fight capitalism and in particular, privatisation. Nice try, but totally biased.

That's the problem isn't it we only wish to believe our own news outlets, all sides be they left right or centre.
Whats unfortunate for those of us to the left of centre is that our news outlets don't get mainstream recognition.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The only two issues I have with that comment are that I believe your views to be very left of centre and I don’t accept that those views are not represented in the main stream media, more that you watch what is represented with a very biased eye.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

So another beauty today. Labour pledge to make builders give half-price homes to people who work in 'key' jobs.

One, the builders will build rubbish, as how can they afford to give away half-priced homes. Two, the corruption involved in the allocation will even give Dawn Butler's council house a run for it's money.

The fairy tale just keeps giving.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
So another beauty today. Labour pledge to make builders give half-price homes to people who work in 'key' jobs.

One, the builders will build rubbish, as how can they afford to give away half-priced homes. Two, the corruption involved in the allocation will even give Dawn Butler's council house a run for it's money.

Tory fiction.

To be fair, 40 fictitious hospitals staffed by 19,000 fictitious nurses is the kind of political offer we've come to expect from the government that delivered 200,000 fictitious starter homes..

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Tory fiction.

To be fair, 40 fictitious hospitals staffed by 19,000 fictitious nurses is the kind of political offer we've come to expect from the government that delivered 200,000 fictitious starter homes..

How is it fiction when it cam directly from your man ?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

How did Corbyn get on against 'The Brillo' Knocker ? Statesman like performance ?

Edited to add, 'The Brillo' is not Jewish, just in case you wanted to use that excuse.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
How did Corbyn get on against 'The Brillo' Knocker ? Statesman like performance ?

Edited to add, 'The Brillo' is not Jewish, just in case you wanted to use that excuse.

I found the half hour interesting rather than informative.

I enjoy leaders being put on the spot but feel the journo's within the UK are going for entertainment rather than education.
What I dislike and its with most question askers they haven't the patience or willingness to listen to a well rounded answer.
Its sad that its about soundbites and headlines rather than in depth thinking. Pretty much sums up the UK, more banter than substance.
I would give Andrew Neil 2 hours with each leader with the same quality of questions, more time for answers and less interruptions.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:43 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

I hate rude interviewers, but at the same time I have sympathy for them when politicians attempt to avoid questions by reeling off their off-pat broad answer to the topic in question.

Corbin was frankly embarrassing in his refusal to apologise for the failure to tackle ant--semitism in the party; just saying he personally is against is not good enough. By a man's ACTIONS shall ye know him, not his words.

Likewise, his refusal to even attempt to answer the specific question on how to fund 'compensating' WASPI women when it is not in his 'grey book' of manifesto commitments, and yet is a HUGE bill.

And similarly, his refusal to acknowledge Neil's point that SOME people earning a fraction of £80k WILL pay more tax because of loss of married allowances, and a pensioner on an income of just £14k made up of state pension, a small work pension, and a small investment income will be over £400 worse off...!!

People should not make grand sweeping generalisations without putting in a few caveats!

No doubt the Brillo man will make Boris squirm JUST as much, because - like Jezza - he simply does NOT have a grip on DETAIL. I suspect he will feel sorry for Jo, and give her an easier time...

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
I hate rude interviewers, but at the same time I have sympathy for them when politicians attempt to avoid questions by reeling off their off-pat broad answer to the topic in question.

Corbin was frankly embarrassing in his refusal to apologise for the failure to tackle ant--semitism in the party; just saying he personally is against is not good enough. By a man's ACTIONS shall ye know him, not his words.

Likewise, his refusal to even attempt to answer the specific question on how to fund 'compensating' WASPI women when it is not in his 'grey book' of manifesto commitments, and yet is a HUGE bill.

And similarly, his refusal to acknowledge Neil's point that SOME people earning a fraction of £80k WILL pay more tax because of loss of married allowances, and a pensioner on an income of just £14k made up of state pension, a small work pension, and a small investment income will be over £400 worse off...!!

People should not make grand sweeping generalisations without putting in a few caveats!

No doubt the Brillo man will make Boris squirm JUST as much, because - like Jezza - he simply does NOT have a grip on DETAIL. I suspect he will feel sorry for Jo, and give her an easier time...

I thought Jeremy Corbyn was correct in trying to not follow the narrative which Andrew Neil was trying to enforce throughout. Unfortunately for him the question master ask the questions and sets the trend.
I don't believe there is an anti Semitism problem within Labour more an anti Zionist problem.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Who do you want to take over as Labour leader, Knocker?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Who do you want to take over as Labour leader, Knocker?

Clive Lewis would be on my short list.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I thought Jeremy Corbyn was correct in trying to not follow the narrative which Andrew Neil was trying to enforce throughout. Unfortunately for him the question master ask the questions and sets the trend.
I don't believe there is an anti Semitism problem within Labour more an anti Zionist problem.

I’m not convinced that some of them know the difference and when one of corbyns friends gets it wrong he doesn’t like to upset them by challenging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

The Labour MPs who were forced out of the party were all Zionists ? The constant attacks on British Jews is only to highlight those with Zionist sympathies ? You should be ashamed of yourself. This is why the issue won't go to bed. Labour are in total denial

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

The Labour MPs who were forced out of the party were all Zionists ? The constant attacks on British Jews is only to highlight those with Zionist sympathies ? You should be ashamed of yourself. This is why the issue won't go to bed. Labour are in total denial

I admit to having a problem with successive Israel governments and their land grabbing through military force.
I think they are given an easy ride by US and UK governments, in fact support which creates instability within that region.
I also think the Netanyahu government buys off individual figures mainly political in all parties gaining political favour and influence..

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

I shook hands, today, with the only man who could unite Labour and challenge the Tories.
The biggest lost to front line British politics..David Milliband

Wise words today, the biggest challenge facing Labour, is the disbelief of the working classes.

Still working hard for a lost cause

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

I admit to having a problem with successive Israel governments and their land grabbing through military force.
I think they are given an easy ride by US and UK governments, in fact support which creates instability within that region.
I also think the Netanyahu government buys off individual figures mainly political in all parties gaining political favour and influence..[/quote]

And I would agree with you. Having a problem with the Israeli government is not anti-semitism.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:07 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I also think the Netanyahu government buys off individual figures mainly political in all parties gaining political favour and influence..

And I would agree with you. Having a problem with the Israeli government is not anti-semitism.[/quote]

Here in is the problem with some groups.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:15 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

And I would agree with you. Having a problem with the Israeli government is not anti-semitism.

Here in is the problem with some groups.[/quote]

I'm afraid you can't say the examples of antisemitism in the Labour Party are anti-Israeli government or even anti-zionist, as that's simply not true.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Here in is the problem with some groups.

I'm afraid you can't say the examples of antisemitism in the Labour Party are anti-Israeli government or even anti-zionist, as that's simply not true.[/quote]

I would like to know how much of this is a political tool to bash Jeremy Corbyn who would lead a party that would be harsh on the current Israel government.
For good reasons.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

I would like to know how much of this is a political tool to bash Jeremy Corbyn who would lead a party that would be harsh on the current Israel government.
For good reasons.[/quote]

Labour are well aware of the economic misery their Marxism will bring to the country. Much like the Weimar Republic, they have to have someone ready in the wings to "Blame" for the misery they will cause. Jews fit the bill for Labour in exactly the same way the Nazis lined them up for the fall in Germany.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
For good reasons.

Labour are well aware of the economic misery their Marxism will bring to the country. Much like the Weimar Republic, they have to have someone ready in the wings to "Blame" for the misery they will cause. Jews fit the bill for Labour in exactly the same way the Nazis lined them up for the fall in Germany.[/quote]

Christ that's a left field theory.

I doubt a coalition led by Jeremy Corbyn would be allowed to change much regards level of investment.

Where as a Right wing Tory government leaving the EU would crash the economy for decades.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:30 pm 

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
I shook hands, today, with the only man who could unite Labour and challenge the Tories.
The biggest lost to front line British politics..David Milliband

Wise words today, the biggest challenge facing Labour, is the disbelief of the working classes.

Still working hard for a lost cause

I met him many years ago (when a junior education minister, when Charles Clarke ws education secretary) and Miliband was incredibly positive and persuasive. Most impressive was his desire to LISTEN to the professionals, and to ascertain if his proposed policies were workable, sensible, and likely to improve the nation's schools. I got home and said "just met the next Labour leader but one."

How wrong I turned out to be. If only the Trade Unions hadn't derailed his bid and put his brother in charge, then I suspect we might have had a few more Labour governments in recent years.

My only concern would be that in talking about the 'disbelief of the working class', he still seems to think there IS a working class. Labour needs to ditch these old ideas of 'poor, ill-educated hard-working working class; reasonably well-off, well educated white collar 9-5 moderately hard-working in nice working conditions middle class; and super-rich, privately educated, bone idle upper class. Such groupings just don't work any more!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

How many forum members can you spot?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

I'm the black girl with the hat

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

Ashworths the one with the knife

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

Yeah, It just shows there are more internal battles to be won as we need to remove these Tory lite infiltrators that have plagued our party for a very long time.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

Yeah, It just shows there are more internal battles to be won as we need to remove these Tory lite infiltrators that have plagued our party for a very long time.

I too hope you purge all of your party of these Tory Lite infiltraitors- and leave only true 'socialist' members true to the party- but not for the same reasons as you do.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Both main parties have had a major purge which may create a gap down the middle for a resurgent Lib Dem party.

The nation by handing the Tories a majority tomorrow are basically giving them a bigger shovel for which to bury themselves.

Within five more years the country will be begging for back to normal politics.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Both main parties have had a major purge which may create a gap down the middle for a resurgent Lib Dem party.

The nation by handing the Tories a majority tomorrow are basically giving them a bigger shovel for which to bury themselves.

Within five more years the country will be begging for back to normal politics.

Indeed but that would also mean ditching the communist revolution stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand