Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Corona
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:10 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Who knows what 1.5m looks like?

I am 68 and overweight, but with no particular health issues (apart from a serious addiction to all things Wolves).

I will be sensible. I know loads of people will not, so I will take responsibility for my own welfare. I will keep my disatnce where possible. I won't face people close up and argue. I will wash my manda very frequently. I won't hug and kiss strangers (or even friends). I will wear a mask when visiting places that I am pretty sure there will be lots of people not being as careful as me eg shops & public transport. I will go to my village pub (70 yards away) when i know it is quiet (ie any evening after 9.30 apart from Friday and Saturday when I will have a quiet drink at home watching football). I will wear rubber gloves when I know I am handling things others have done (eg money, petrol pumps, handles). I will use plastic not cash for every transaction. And i will wash my hands, wash my mask and wash my latex gloves.

I will go to pub, i will go to my club, i will go to football, i will go to theatre, i will go back to my jazz band, concert band and orchestra. I will not let this virus ruin the rest of my life.

Stay safe everyone! And take responsibility for your own safety.

It's halfway between 2 metres and 1 metre....if we are stuck we could always ask a German :)

Apparently its 4 ft 11" in old money ...if that helps.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:37 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Hmmm...

But if the TOTAL distance between us should be 2m, does that mean we ALL have a 1m 'bubble' around us, and the bubbles cannot mix? So our distance has sort of ALWAYS been 1m ??

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Hmmm...

But if the TOTAL distance between us should be 2m, does that mean we ALL have a 1m 'bubble' around us, and the bubbles cannot mix? So our distance has sort of ALWAYS been 1m ??

Tell that to those who were on Bournemouth beach yesterday.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

2m? 1m ? it doesnt matter anyway as we are obviously over the viruis now :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53185386

Still they all clapped for the NHS every Thursday & would not allow their little Johnny back to school until the virus has completely gone so they must be very conscientious- more like they just wanted a holiday.

These same people will be the ones moaning like fucking hell & will all blame the government if theres a resurgence of course.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Brixton? Bournemouth? Boris is fiddling while Rome burns. Fine em and put the money back into the Government coffers to subsidise the furlough money some of these fu(£ers are getting.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:40 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Brixton? Bournemouth? Boris is fiddling while Rome burns. Fine em and put the money back into the Government coffers to subsidise the furlough money some of these fu(£ers are getting.

Unfortunately he is not up to the job- I thought he was , then I hoped he was , then I realised he's not.

He has lost all capability to control, if indeed he ever had it - all bluster.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

desiwulf wrote:

There were twice as many people at least on the beach yesterday than the whole of Dorset Police's strength.
There is no one there to fine people let alone enforce the payments of any fines. The Tories have rigorously dismantled the nations Police since 'Call me Dave' was PM.

You aint seen nothing yet.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

There were twice as many people at least on the beach yesterday than the whole of Dorset Police's strength.
There is no one there to fine people let alone enforce the payments of any fines. The Tories have rigorously dismantled the nations Police since 'Call me Dave' was PM.

You aint seen nothing yet.

I hope Mrs May is happy with her legacy as we descend into anarchy. Not only did she cut the police to levels making them in some areas not fit for purpose, but she also encouraged the opposition to be even more critical of what's left, and in some brain-dead cases call for the abolition of the OB in it's entirety, leaving jolly Middle England to fend for itself. Like Rozza alludes to, it's going to get a lot worse until it gets better. A day on the piss to celebrate the end of lockdown on 4/07 ? You must be freaking mad to go out in any major city/town in this country. Anyone seen "The Purge"?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

With regards Brixton and illegal raves the army should be employed and for gods sake ban access to the beaches. This will be a matter of life and death for many people. there is reason enough to employ such measures.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
With regards Brixton and illegal raves the army should be employed and for gods sake ban access to the beaches. This will be a matter of life and death for many people. there is reason enough to employ such measures.

Access to beaches tends to be limited. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Big towns like Bournemouth and Brighton problematic but beaches all over the country have one or two roads in or out. Block them if the idiots can't control themselves. Too late when they're stripped off and lounging.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

What will Boris say today that has any influence whatsoever - fuck all.

Law & Order ? Respect ? - don't make me laugh Brown, Cameron , May , & now Boris - all of em useless, & inept.
Years of underfunding and slight of hand, 'Talking the talk' - whilst all the while undermining the power and capabilty to actually DO anything.

and dont get me started on Blair , maybe not inept but most definately the most subversive self indulgent PM we have ever had.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:

But they wont...and therin lies the issue.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:51 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:

Agreed, Desi, I have been saying for some weeks now that the police are swamped with all sorts of nasty fuckery during these Corona virus times and the Army need to be put out to assist them to maintain control of our streets otherwise the anarchists will win. I do have the highest sympathy for our Police, numbers cut below the bone for years now and at this lowest level of staffing and funding, they have to try and stop twats going to the beaches in their thousands, BLM, BNP demos, illegal street parties and just downright hooliganism across the board by young people of all ethnicities, who look upon these times as an easy hit on the police and authority, Government etc and knowing that they'll probably get away with it all. It did not help that the police in certain areas at certain demos "took the knee" as that gave these lowlifes the feeling of the police are on our side and we can do what we want. It did not help the cause either, that Dominic Cummings did his stupid driveabout up and down country using his kids care as cover for his rank stupidity. Now, the rest of the country says: "We can do what we like, go where we want, assail the beach towns as if Cummings can do it, so can we..". As radical as it may look, getting the Army out on the streets to crack a few skulls in certain trouble spots will be necessary for me.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:02 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

Agreed, Desi, I have been saying for some weeks now that the police are swamped with all sorts of nasty fuckery during these Corona virus times and the Army need to be put out to assist them to maintain control of our streets otherwise the anarchists will win. I do have the highest sympathy for our Police, numbers cut below the bone for years now and at this lowest level of staffing and funding, they have to try and stop twats going to the beaches in their thousands, BLM, BNP demos, illegal street parties and just downright hooliganism across the board by young people of all ethnicities, who look upon these times as an easy hit on the police and authority, Government etc and knowing that they'll probably get away with it all. It did not help that the police in certain areas at certain demos "took the knee" as that gave these lowlifes the feeling of the police are on our side and we can do what we want. It did not help the cause either, that Dominic Cummings did his stupid driveabout up and down country using his kids care as cover for his rank stupidity. Now, the rest of the country says: "We can do what we like, go where we want, assail the beach towns as if Cummings can do it, so can we..". As radical as it may look, getting the Army out on the streets to crack a few skulls in certain trouble spots will be necessary for me.

It's a shame they disbanded 'The Gay Gordons'. We could have used them to crack a few heads, and the woke would never complain.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:42 am 
Manager
Manager

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
It's halfway between 2 metres and 1 metre....if we are stuck we could always ask a German :)

Just think Priti Patel

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

Just think Priti Patel

Do I have to...oh too late I just did - bugger :(

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
It's a shame they disbanded 'The Gay Gordons'. We could have used them to crack a few heads, and the woke would never complain.

Just make em do this in public https://vimeo.com/89897876

As for The Purge, worth a watch.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Just make em do this in public https://vimeo.com/89897876

As for The Purge, worth a watch.

Exactly. If they did that around all the statues, no one would go anywhere near them.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Leicester has gone back into lockdown after an increase in infections there. Yet, despite that they let the horse racing meeting there go ahead last night, I know there are no spectators present but one would have thought that they could have postponed it although it may have been too late to stop horses, trainers, jockey and stable staff from travelling. The football team are at home to Palace on Saturday at 3 pm, I wonder if that will get moved elsewhere at short notice or even postponed..?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

One theory is that Asian families have several generations all living under one roof, the younger ones go out and bring back the virus, and that then knobbles the elders. There's also talk of sweat shops still operating during lockdown, an environment where the virus could thrive and spread. It will be interesting to see what the next towns or cities are to be forced back in to lockdown, and how that will be enforced and policed, and all this ahead of the weekend when the pubs re-open! I think the situation is what one may call, a shit show. The Government are hapless and helpless.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

yep 36 towns on the list ..including Bradford, Docaster and ...Walsall.

It makes sense that the sizes and spread af ages in Asian households could be a contributing factor- but you can bet no-one will mention it in the mainstream media.

The Leicester mayor showing his hypocrisy , obfustating & confusing the issues , & his slight of hand- what mechanisms are in place to sack a Mayor?

I also see Birmingham council are looking at a spike that they believe is down to the recent BLM march there (or maybe the exodus to the Beaches??)

Again I bet the mainstream media don't mention that either.

7 day averages on the climb again - albeit slowly

The blame game has started with Boris mentioning his concern with PHE's sluggisg response.

Hold on to your hats gentlemen - its gunna get messy

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolverhampton and Dudley now join Leicester on the 3 top ranked potential hotspot sites..

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Wolverhampton and Dudley now join Leicester on the 3 top ranked potential hotspot sites..

What rank is Islington?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

What rank is Islington?

Islington is simply rank.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:36 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

What rank is Islington?

Islington is simply rank.

I had my most expensive breakfast ever, in Islington. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

What rank is Islington?

Superintendent I think..:-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand