Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: colonialism
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

I'm so upset I was too thick ,stupid ,ignorant, arrogant , sanctimonious, judgmental and narrow minded to be able to get into Oxford- and I'm so glad these students will be the bastions of our society in the coming years.
It a pity I am so old that I wont live to really see the fruits of their upcoming labors and the impact on the UK , but at least my children and grandchildren will have the distinct pleasure of that experience.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-57409743

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: colonialism
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:24 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
I'm so upset I was too thick ,stupid ,ignorant, arrogant , sanctimonious, judgmental and narrow minded to be able to get into Oxford- and I'm so glad these students will be the bastions of our society in the coming years.
It a pity I am so old that I wont live to really see the fruits of their upcoming labors and the impact on the UK , but at least my children and grandchildren will have the distinct pleasure of that experience.

Don't worry dj, with modern medicines created in a free thinking, diverse, democratic, inclusive society created in the main by political stability and sovereignty which is the envy of the civilised world for the last seventy years or so, the majority of these privileged, over entitled vacuous bell ends will live long enough to look back on their actions with appropriate and measured shame.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

Don't worry dj, with modern medicines created in a free thinking, diverse, democratic, inclusive society created in the main by political stability and sovereignty which is the envy of the civilised world for the last seventy years or so, the majority of these privileged, over entitled vacuous bell ends will live long enough to look back on their actions with appropriate and measured shame.

They may indeed live long enough to do so...but they won't.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:33 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Aptly describes one of my favourite Viz characters and is as true today as it was 20 years ago.............

Student Grant is a cartoon strip created by Simon Thorp for the British comic Viz.[1] Grant first appeared in 1992 and became popular, featuring regularly for the rest of the decade. The character is a University student named Grant Wankshaft, attending the fictional Spunkbridge University, one of the former polytechnics which became universities in 1992. Grant is pretentious, lazy,[2] smug and conceited, and peppers his speech with the word "actually".[3] He does little or no work for his degree.

Grant vainly thinks of himself as a world-wise liberal intellectual, but is frequently shown as bigoted, not especially bright, and reliant on his parents for support, with little idea about the world outside of campus. He spends money freely but begrudges paying full price for anything because, as he constantly notes "students are really feeling the pinch". He has a number of friends just like him, eager to express their individuality by wearing the same clothes, following invariably ridiculous fashions such as huge hats, bright yellow dungarees and T-shirts with slogans on them like Thunderbirds Are Go! and, in the late 1990s especially, Teletubbies Say 'Eh Oh'!. They are opinionated and talk loudly and ignorantly about various subjects, "proving" their intelligence by listing the grades they got in their A-levels. Several of Grant's collegiate friends have bizarre speech impediments, dental deformities or both.

Grant boasts that he is in the "top 15-to-35 percent of the population", and likes to think of himself as in touch with the working classes but is utterly middle class and possesses a latent contempt for non-students in general, regarding himself and his friends as their superiors. This has resulted in a number of savage beatings over the years

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:37 am 
Manager
Manager

The cricket saga is also amusing.

Apparently any off-colour remark said in jest, at a tender age, is now a capital offence. I wonder how many past, present and future cricketers, have read aloud in public, passages from a book calling for the stoning of women and the murder of homosexuals?......but that's OK, just don't mention a mullet.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I am particularly puzzled by the criticism of Morgan and Buttler for mimicking an Indian style of speaking English to congratulate a team mate on something or other. I have always thought that this was quite endearing and see it as an affectionate gesture. Clearly, I am wrong! I also caught a piece of Live at the Apollo the other night and an Indian comedian (I think his name was Choudry) did the same thing and more. It was a repeat from a few years ago but probably no further back than the cricketers' lapses and he was warmly applauded for his act. I'm not sure I know the difference between right and wrong at the moment.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
I am particularly puzzled by the criticism of Morgan and Buttler for mimicking an Indian style of speaking English to congratulate a team mate on something or other. I have always thought that this was quite endearing and see it as an affectionate gesture. Clearly, I am wrong! I also caught a piece of Live at the Apollo the other night and an Indian comedian (I think his name was Choudry) did the same thing and more. It was a repeat from a few years ago but probably no further back than the cricketers' lapses and he was warmly applauded for his act. I'm not sure I know the difference between right and wrong at the moment.

It is not for you to know LB. You need to be told by an enlightened, virtue signaller, or an aggressive cancel-culture warrior, who will help you come to terms with your colonial guilt, and white privilege. Do try to keep up. Ignorance is never an excuse when it comes to your failings.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

oh dear don't you know already?
Thats probably because you are a racist gammon who needs to educate yourself.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:02 am 
Manager
Manager

The society we now live in has changed upside down in regards to common sense and acceptance of history, opinion and tolerance. When my time comes to depart the planet, I will feel happy to have escaped it but look back on fond memories of true, unplastic life and being brought up by respectful parents in an era of decency.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Its no surprise when they are taught their ethics by this pathetic bunch of hypocrytes & charlatans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57422751

I wonder how many history lecturers are amongst them.

If they wont teach as contracted - sack em.

* Just to clarify I self edited this post as I could not contain my original derision of these so called intelectuals.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
Left back wrote:

oh dear don't you know already?
Thats probably because you are a racist gammon who needs to educate yourself.

I am well aware of what I am because I have been educated to understand my unconscious bias although I felt at the time that the lecturers were totally unaware (unconsciously? - even when I pointed it out to them) of the bias that they were demonstrating in the judgements they were making. For many years I have been a proponent of equality and fairness regardless of race, creed and gender, particularly in the workplace where it was a significant part of my role. However, I am concerned now that lines are drawn with a level of intolerance which make it extremely difficult for the average person. Offence is taken when none is intended and far from "educating us" to be more aware of our prejudices it hardens people's attitudes and gives succour to those who are properly racist, homophobic, mysogonistic etc.. Injustice is injustice whoever the person is but it is often a subjective judgement about what is unjust.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:46 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I am confused, if I am a fully paid up member of the wheeltappers and cancel culture club, and a current member of the Royal regiment of Virtue Signallers, why do I gush with pride when awarded a title who's origins are from the British Empire?
Surely any such award would be like a bulb of garlic stuck on a mirror to Nosferatu?

Why are these awards not thrown into a river aided by baying crowds of workshy fops and terminally misguided folk?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I am confused, if I am a fully paid up member of the wheeltappers and cancel culture club, and a current member of the Royal regiment of Virtue Signallers, why do I gush with pride when awarded a title who's origins are from the British Empire?
Surely any such award would be like a bulb of garlic stuck on a mirror to Nosferatu?

Why are these awards not thrown into a river aided by baying crowds of workshy fops and terminally misguided folk?

If I was a cynic (surely not you DJE I hear you say) I would suggest it could be something to do with the additional money , access and respec' init that it affords them.

but no it couldn't possibly be that surely as that would make them hyprocrytes...uncle toms of the highest order .

Perhaps that could be a new award -UTotBE ???

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

That nice black, Marxist, lady in America who started the movement, is causing more than a little controversy in the States. Seems she has 'aquired' a three million USD, poperty portfolio from the most excellent contributions given by the Army of the oppressed.

Who'd a thought it?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
That nice black, Marxist, lady in America who started the movement, is causing more than a little controversy in the States. Seems she has 'aquired' a three million USD, poperty portfolio from the most excellent contributions given by the Army of the oppressed.

Who'd a thought it?

She deserves it though...

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand