Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Absolutely crystal Moscow.

I see Boris is not standing for PM now. I guess his plan will be to let someone else deal with the impossible mess he has helped create and then he can step in later when the worst is over and Cameron's successor has been publically assassinated.

You are both spot on.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Cameron had no need to call a referendum, he started to panic, the vote was a vote on immigration.
Boris has ripped the Tories apart, and Corbyn is doing the same to Labour, who does not have the support required, and will never be accepted by his peers and the public.
The Chillcott report next week, will determine Blair's legacy, and Cameron's legacy will be losing the referendum.

These people are "professionals" and both parties Blue or Red, should feel ashamed..they have let us all down

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Tories these past few days have been stabbing each other in the back, IN PRIVATE, away from the public eye.
But people chatter.
SOAP.
This weekend dont be surprised to find out Boris was about to ditch Gove in an attempt to sign up Gideon.

Who in turn seeks favours from May. And god knows who she does favours too, maybe the lot of them.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Boris had no choice as his vote was now split and if Gove never made it through he would have made sure the votes didn't go to Boris.Johnson didn't do all this referendum lark to not end up as PM and so to say he bottled it is wrong imo.
All this just enforces what shady,backstabbing and untrustworthy people politicians are and what lengths they go to for their career and power.They still don't get why we don't trust a word they say ffs and we keep hearing how they need to regain the trust of voters :mrgreen:
The vote for "out" shows what would happen if "none of the above" were to appear on ballot papers for elections...bar the young who the politicians know are easily frightened and can still control.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Cameron had no need to call a referendum, he started to panic, the vote was a vote on immigration.
Boris has ripped the Tories apart, and Corbyn is doing the same to Labour, who does not have the support required, and will never be accepted by his peers and the public.
The Chillcott report next week, will determine Blair's legacy, and Cameron's legacy will be losing the referendum.

These people are "professionals" and both parties Blue or Red, should feel ashamed..they have let us all down

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Johnson didn't do all this referendum lark to not end up as PM and so to say he bottled it is wrong imo.
All this just enforces what shady, backstabbing and untrustworthy people politicians are and what lengths they go to for their career and power. They still don't get why we don't trust a word they say ffs and we keep hearing how they need to regain the trust of voters :mrgreen:

That's how I see it as well.

I know this guy (a Brexit builder and a lot bigger than me :oops: ) who I was chatting to at work yesterday and his friendly chat turned a bit nasty as he lost his temper with the way I saw how events had unfolded and how it was going to end up. I told him that Boris couldn't possibly now be the new Tory PM which he almost violently (literally) disagreed with. Anyhow, it eventually simmered down and then later in the afternoon after checkking the 'net he sheepishly told me about Boris's withdrawal. He also irately disagreed with me last week that Cameron couldn't stay if Brexit won which he got angry about...so I reminded him about that as well - smug git as I am. :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

It could be a masterstroke by May..Boris, Davis & Fox all now have to sort out the mess they got us into...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:47 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

So why didn't she add Gove to the pot? After all, she despises him most after their very public spats over measures he believed she was 'soft on' regarding the impact of terror groups on school.

Gove is certainly a dangerous person to have behind you in the back benches - not because 'he'll stab you in the back', but because he is a supremely clever man who can win almost any debate. I suspect he will return - and not too long away (once some of the promoted ones are seen to be inadequate).

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 am 
Manager
Manager

I've changed my mind about Brexit.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/mrs- ... ter-brexit

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:13 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Out of darkness cometh.....

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:

now that IS funny- made me laugh out loud anyway ....
your comment I hasten to add - not the movie - I've never seen such a load of feckin shiiiitttee!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Post-Brexit. Where foreigners can't be trusted. I guess we should be happy it's only 'foreign experts' and not 'all experts'. Sad.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Nothing to worry about there then!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:17 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/11/norway-rejects-uk-request-for-joint-trade-taskforce-report-eea-eu?CMP=twt_gu

Not sure what you mean there,but if you cant see that this is the underlying issue with the EU then you need to look harder.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/11/norway-rejects-uk-request-for-joint-trade-taskforce-report-eea-eu?CMP=twt_gu

Not sure what you mean there,but if you cant see that this is the underlying issue with the EU then you need to look harder.

No. This is the future. The EU is as big, if not bigger than the likes of the USA and China and can use that to it's advantages when it comes to trade deals. The UK in comparison is small and has less pull, which has been shown here with Norway and with Australia.

Why should Norway harm itself to let the UK have a better deal? Why would any country favour the smaller UK over the bigger EU when it comes to trade? Get use to it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:35 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

No. This is the future. The EU is as big, if not bigger than the likes of the USA and China and can use that to it's advantages when it comes to trade deals. The UK in comparison is small and has less pull, which has been shown here with Norway and with Australia.

Why should Norway harm itself to let the UK have a better deal? Why would any country favour the smaller UK over the bigger EU when it comes to trade? Get use to it.

thats cobblers.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

The Single Market refers to the EU as one territory without any internal borders or other regulatory obstacles to the free movement of goods and services. A functioning Single Market stimulates competition and trade, improves efficiency, raises quality, and helps cut prices.

I believe the Conservative party said in their manifesto they would stay within the single market.

I dont believe the British people voted to leave the single market so during Brexit negotiations they should be made aware if this is a possibility.

That for me is Conservatives playing political games rather than doing whats best for the country.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:

thats cobblers.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/charts-eu ... -us-2015-6

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The EU is shit, China, Brazil, India and the USA are the biggest economies, the EU is a disparate group of nations trying to cling on to relevance in the modern world.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
The EU is shit, China, Brazil, India and the USA are the biggest economies, the EU is a disparate group of nations trying to cling on to relevance in the modern world.

I'm talking about power when doing trade deals. When the EU has a trade deal it is effectively acting as one country. A country which is the biggest in the world and therefore can leverage that in their own favour. Much more than the UK can/will do going it alone. If you'd like to argue that then show me some facts to show I'm talking BS?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I'm talking about power when doing trade deals. When the EU has a trade deal it is effectively acting as one country. A country which is the biggest in the world and therefore can leverage that in their own favour. Much more than the UK can/will do going it alone. If you'd like to argue that then show me some facts to show I'm talking BS?

The key obstacle to the EU creating a unified Europe seems to be the single currency.

You have one massive manufacturing power house Germany, then a country that stays silent but is massively over-subsidised France, bought off.
the others Southern Europe struggling because they cant create growth from a next to nothing base because the single currency renders them uncompetitive.
So they live off hand outs from Germany, investors and banks propped up by multi national companies.
When Germany loses its industrial strength what then for the European Union because Germans will get fed up of paying the international tab.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

China's population is greater than that of the EU so how is it the biggest in the world? We have been part of the EU for decades and our manufacturing has gone down the toilet, how have these trade deals benefitted our exports then?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Id tell her she has until february to sort another vote out....as Im sick of fcking listening to her tbh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37747995

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Id tell her she has until february to sort another vote out....as Im sick of fcking listening to her tbh.

She does not have the right to call one. Simply tell her to fuck off

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:

She is a pain in the bollocks, a residual and droning crusader for a cause no one gives a shit about, apart from people ensuring their narrow political futures.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought when the Scots had their referendum one of the key points being hammered home was that within a United Kingdom there would be access to the single market in the EU.

With the Scots voting overwhelmingly to stay in Europe its no surprise they again raise serious questions about how their voice is represented by Westminster.

I see no reason why Scotland shouldn't once again voter for independence due to England reneging on key promises.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:03 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I thought when the Scots had their referendum one of the key points being hammered home was that within a United Kingdom there would be access to the single market in the EU.

With the Scots voting overwhelmingly to stay in Europe its no surprise they again raise serious questions about how their voice is represented by Westminster.

I see no reason why Scotland shouldn't once again voter for independence due to England reneging on key promises.

Not sure your messiah would agree there Knocker. Without the forlorn hope that Sweatyland will return to his fold, he best take a spade and start digging.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

As the mythical North Sea oil bonanza is drying up fast, when can the English get a vote to rid us of them......?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:20 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

What are you on about ?? The UK made no promIses about the referendum did it?

They voted to stay in the UK and the UK voted to leave the EU
I fail to see what the problem is....but as I say let them vote now before we set our stall out ...not after...lets see who blinks first.

Oh and the EU wouldnt automatically let them back in anyway ..there would be a couple of EU countrtes that would veto that.

but hey lets not let that bother them ...let em carry on believing .

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:27 am 
Manager
Manager

I see no reason why any nation should be ruled by another especially nations with such a political divide.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I see no reason why any nation should be ruled by another especially nations with such a political divide.

Not that great a political divide as the majority wanted it .As a sociliast dont you respect that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand