Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7263
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
knocker knowles wrote:
Well todays the day the UK starts the leave process.

What do you hope for, what are your key aims and what are your key doubts?



Hopes:

that we can continue to trade freely between each other, we all need the trade to flow as before.

that travel between the countries does not get made fraught and difficult due to our exit.

that EU nationals working here and UK citizens living or working abroad in the EU zones all get their current statuses confirmed as OK for the future.

Key Aims:

to look after our people firstly and foremostly.

to try and get the best possible deal for us on all counts, initially trade, security and cooperation.

as well as holding on to current trading partners, we can also increase the number of other countries to trade with as well.

that we research as much as deeply and physically possible about all the potential pitfalls that can be thought up that may harm us in the longer term. How many thousands of issues would that be..?? An almost impossible job to master even given two years to do it in.

Key Doubts:

that we will get a favourable deal. We will be treated like shit by the rest of the powers in charge at the EU.

That just two years to sort out a deal is sufficient time. There is an unknown amount of issues and potential pitfalls awaiting us that nobody, on either side of Remain / Leave ever even dreamt about last June.

That Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and also some Tories in parliament all move on with the progress of Brexit. Myself, I see a general election soon called by Teresa May to ask the country for a mandate for Brexit as voted for by the people last June.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1544
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Well todays the day the UK starts the leave process.

What do you hope for, what are your key aims and what are your key doubts?



Hopes:

that we can continue to trade freely between each other, we all need the trade to flow as before.

that travel between the countries does not get made fraught and difficult due to our exit.

that EU nationals working here and UK citizens living or working abroad in the EU zones all get their current statuses confirmed as OK for the future.

Key Aims:

to look after our people firstly and foremostly.

to try and get the best possible deal for us on all counts, initially trade, security and cooperation.

as well as holding on to current trading partners, we can also increase the number of other countries to trade with as well.

that we research as much as deeply and physically possible about all the potential pitfalls that can be thought up that may harm us in the longer term. How many thousands of issues would that be..?? An almost impossible job to master even given two years to do it in.

Key Doubts:

that we will get a favourable deal. We will be treated like shit by the rest of the powers in charge at the EU.

That just two years to sort out a deal is sufficient time. There is an unknown amount of issues and potential pitfalls awaiting us that nobody, on either side of Remain / Leave ever even dreamt about last June.

That Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and also some Tories in parliament all move on with the progress of Brexit. Myself, I see a general election soon called by Teresa May to ask the country for a mandate for Brexit as voted for by the people last June.


Amen to that.
I really believe the trio of knobs Corbyn Farron ans wee Jimmy Cranky we go to
any lengths to keep us in the EU.
I should add that I want to be governed by British parliament which is why I voted to leave.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
wolfrunna wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Well todays the day the UK starts the leave process.

What do you hope for, what are your key aims and what are your key doubts?



Hopes:

that we can continue to trade freely between each other, we all need the trade to flow as before.

that travel between the countries does not get made fraught and difficult due to our exit.

that EU nationals working here and UK citizens living or working abroad in the EU zones all get their current statuses confirmed as OK for the future.

Key Aims:

to look after our people firstly and foremostly.

to try and get the best possible deal for us on all counts, initially trade, security and cooperation.

as well as holding on to current trading partners, we can also increase the number of other countries to trade with as well.

that we research as much as deeply and physically possible about all the potential pitfalls that can be thought up that may harm us in the longer term. How many thousands of issues would that be..?? An almost impossible job to master even given two years to do it in.

Key Doubts:

that we will get a favourable deal. We will be treated like shit by the rest of the powers in charge at the EU.

That just two years to sort out a deal is sufficient time. There is an unknown amount of issues and potential pitfalls awaiting us that nobody, on either side of Remain / Leave ever even dreamt about last June.

That Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and also some Tories in parliament all move on with the progress of Brexit. Myself, I see a general election soon called by Teresa May to ask the country for a mandate for Brexit as voted for by the people last June.


Amen to that.
I really believe the trio of knobs Corbyn Farron ans wee Jimmy Cranky we go to
any lengths to keep us in the EU.
I should add that I want to be governed by British parliament which is why I voted to leave.


I think in general terms the vast majority of the UK population would be much better off within the EU and with Corbyn, Rarron and the SNP in coalition.

I believe the front line services would be once again be up to scratch and poverty levels would be reduced.
As would crime on the streets with this meaningless austerity removed.

The only thing that would once again go up would be peoples life span.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
What BREXIT basically means to me is that my status as a British Citizen living within another EU Country is now in flux - whatever happens, I will lose the protection offered to me and used by me in the past to protect my status within the EU.

As far as I am concerned, you lot that voted Leave, will regret your choice on the ballot paper within 5 years as NOW, if you're a businessman/woman, you are basically ripping up every international contracts you have/had for sales and services within the EU and will have to negotiate new contracts with probably many tariffs and taxes added to the confusion. Why buy British when it is easier to buy German, French, Greek etc.

BREXIT has not started the end of the EU as previously thought; countries that were expected to follow suit have done nothing and their Political Leavers have not gained power as expected so there is no sign of any Domino effect.

Immigration in the UK will not change one little bit except, perhaps, more EU folk will need to obtain a visa or be on a 90 day limit. However, the shite coming in from Africa, Asia, Near East, Middle East and Far East will continue unabated.

I still fail to see anything good or positive about BREXIT, but only time will prove or disprove my theory that leaving is one very big costly mistake.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
The biggie and what I'm looking forward to is when the Tories sell the nation down the river to preserve their precious financial services industry.

How the right wing media go about fooling the general public once again.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
Good luck with this lot. Arlene Foster power breaker well I never.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Unionist_Party

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11299
#coalitionofchaos

Well, if Britain wasn't a laughing stock on the continent because of its politicians before, it well and truly is now :lol:

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:57 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18987
Location: WV4 and WL4
shropswolf wrote:
#coalitionofchaos

Well, if Britain wasn't a laughing stock on the continent because of its politicians before, it well and truly is now :lol:


This is no laughing matter!

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11299
Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
#coalitionofchaos

Well, if Britain wasn't a laughing stock on the continent because of its politicians before, it well and truly is now :lol:


This is no laughing matter!


If you didn't laugh, you'd cry - the UK has spent almost a decade now chasing its own tail.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7263
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
A complete dog's dinner and a total mess at every level. The chant "You don't know what you're doing" comes to mind...sad for the country as a whole...the country is like a blind man alone wandering on the top of a cliff..

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 3984
Location: London
Our friends in the DUP will ensure a hard Brexit, was worried a big majority would enable a sellout.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18987
Location: WV4 and WL4
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Our friends in the DUP will ensure a hard Brexit, was worried a big majority would enable a sellout.


DUP, all the way, fu...

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
With friends like the DUP, who needs enemies? :lol:

Shameful.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
SpaceMonkey wrote:
With friends like the DUP, who needs enemies? :lol:

Shameful.


Its dangerous it really is, even previous Tory Prime Ministers like Major and Cameron knew to keep their distance.

There's never a normal peace in Ireland its more a controlled peace where if you step in the wrong direction on a saturday night you can still lose your kneecap.

British politicians know they cant take sides but have to be firmly neutral, without neutrality that powderkeg is close to the match.

And this Alene Foster just about controls a mob of corrupt crooks masquerading as politicians.
Many of these people wouldn't be out of place working for Al Capone.

Weak and Wobbly could have far more to answer for. Crazy fucker.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15808
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
With friends like the DUP, who needs enemies? :lol:

Shameful.


Its dangerous it really is, even previous Tory Prime Ministers like Major and Cameron knew to keep their distance.

There's never a normal peace in Ireland its more a controlled peace where if you step in the wrong direction on a saturday night you can still lose your kneecap.

British politicians know they cant take sides but have to be firmly neutral, without neutrality that powderkeg is close to the match.

And this Alene Foster just about controls a mob of corrupt crooks masquerading as politicians.
Many of these people wouldn't be out of place working for Al Capone.

Weak and Wobbly could have far more to answer for. Crazy fucker.


How would you classify that thug McCluskey ?

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
After an exhausting and successful national campaign, it is hard for campaign strategists to think of next steps. But we are at a critical historical juncture, and a range of opportunities present themselves. Choosing the right political and economic strategy now is vital. 

Labour should pursue two major complementary policy goals. The first: to end austerity, and implement a Green New Deal across Britain. 

The second major policy goal: to reset the framework and relations with our European partners; and to gain policy space and Treaty reforms which benefit British citizens as well as all Europeans. 

To achieve the first goal, the task is to assemble a progressive alliance of British MPs, including the Greens, the SNP,  the Lib Dems – and even some Conservatives -  to back an end-to-austerity alliance. There should be a singular goal: to demand that government – and the Treasury in particular – end austerity immediately, and begin to invest in the creation of skilled, well-paid employment in areas of the economy vital to both economic, but also energy security. The latter goal – of greater energy security - is particularly important at a time when nearly a third of the UK’s liquefied gas imports are from a Gulf state, currently at the centre of a potentially ugly middle eastern conflict – Qatar. 

This will lead to investment in infrastructure and the creation of skilled and unskilled jobs locally, especially targeted toward areas of low-paid, insecure employment. Greater energy efficiency will lower bills, but above all a Green New Deal will begin to build Britain’s defences against the threat of climate change; a threat only too real to the agriculture sector, and to those individuals and firms living and working in for example, areas vulnerable to flooding. 

Given that BREXIT negotiations with EU partners begin in just a few days, and thus far in the worst possible atmosphere and approach, from both Brexiteers  but also to some extent reflected on the European side, it is crucial that Labour and allies put forward an alternative European strategy straight away. 
The aim of this strategy should not be focused narrowly on simply securing ‘the best deal’ for Britain, but to reset the whole long-term relationship with Europe for the benefit not just of Britons, but of all Europeans. 

The purpose will be to enable Britain to have access to the Single Market and customs union, while also achieving improvements in economic policies across the European Union and the Eurozone.  Already our European partners are discussing the necessary Treaty changes to enable the Eurozone to work more effectively. This provides an ideal opportunity to discuss issues that could enable a positive and mutually beneficial economic, social, security and environmental framework for the relationship between Britain and current European partners. 

To achieve this, it is most important to ensure that we have time. For this to happen we must seek to extend the Article 50 timeline to at least four-years. But this requires Britain now to make clear that it would fully honour all budget commitments during this period and in particular, confirm that EU citizens resident in the UK would have their rights protected.  

This should include a commitment to pay our fair share for the future mutual benefits arising from our future framework of partnership. 

For Labour’s progressive economic policies (e.g. railway nationalisation) to take effect a number of EU Treaty as well as policy changes would need to be negotiated and agreed. The neoliberal economic policies that underpin austerity within the EU need to be changed. 

First, a stronger commitment to full, good quality employment should become a primary, not secondary aim of Article 3.3 of the Treaty on European Union.
 
Second, Article 126 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union sets in concrete the so-called excessive deficit rules – ultimately punitive. This reflects the ‘household budget fallacy’ so prevalent in neoliberal economic theory.  At the same time the Article ignores other major economic imbalances, such as the excessive build-up of private debts and the imbalances in current account surpluses and deficits. 

Third, some restoration of more discretion on state aid matters to be restored to member states under Article 107. 

Fourth, the policies that require the liberalisation of public services, or impede the democratic power to restore sectors to public ownership, need to be changed so that this becomes a democratic choice of the member states. 

Last but not least (for now), the provisions on industrial strategy need to be strengthened, including the role of the European Investment Bank (EIB). We need to strengthen the role and tasks of the EIB, if there is to be a European as well as UK Green New Deal.  

If the aspirations of the British people, as expressed in the election result, are to be fulfilled by Labour, and to avoid the dissipation of the momentum and energy generated by the campaign, it is urgent that Labour lays out a viable and popular political and economic strategy.  We believe that the ideas outlined above would attract substantial political and popular support. 

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/ ... o-act-fast

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
What connects Brexit, the DUP, dark money and a Saudi prince?

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/what ... -1.3083586

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 2127
Location: Wolverhampton
knocker knowles wrote:
I vote LEAVE.

I vote leave, and for me its a protest vote hoping that the LEAVE vote can gain over 40% of the total vote.
My issues haven't been discussed.

I believe Europe has great possibilities but the UK has never really wanted to be part of the European ideal. England is a nation that wants a bit of that but not a bit of the other, a half hearted approach towards the community.
I dont think Europe especially over the next century can carry nations who question everything and want opt outs because of blinkered attitudes.
I always thought and it gets confirmed decade after decade that the worst thing was the English think they won the second world war.
That myth has created a feeling that everyone else owes them the right to be Superior, without earning that right.
During the sixties the French blocked the UKs admittance into the Common market and you can see why to this day. Britain is the fly in the ointment.

There's some home truths that have never been accepted, Germany are far better industrialists, far better organised, more effective in work and management of work.
The English refuse to be looked on as second fiddle.

But thats not my key issue, its that 350 million pounds a week.

My issue is with billions of funds the union doesn't build up the poor nations, far to much is lost to corruption.
When Greece required a helping hand the banks and IMF rather than helping placed them deeper into austerity.
I would fuck off these banks, the world bank, the IMF, the American investors who manipulate mankind.
Europe has the muscle to stand alone, to create from within, it refuses to do so.

Thats my out vote right there. Power to the people. :mrgreen:


Power to the people. Yet now you seem to want Europe more than ever. Non-elected bureaucrats whom not a single person has ever voted to elect or, more importantly, can never kick out. Imagine that in our country. You can't elect nor get rid. Power to the people rules ok - in this country but not in the EU Commission who make the vast majority of laws and regs that affect your life.

Bet you can name plenty of Labour and Conservative MPs. Can you name members of the all powerful EU Commisson? No google searches allowed.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 8947
Location: The Cotswolds
Why is a second referendum suddenly called 'The People's Vote'?

Wasn't I a person last time? I think I should be told!

But my question is really based on the Groucho Marx remark that "I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have someone like me as a member!"

After all this antagonism from the the Commission & its President, and the antipathy of the leaders of many of the leading members (such as France and Germany in particular), why on earth would we NOW vote to go back and join this 'club'?

Can you imagine our position of influence in the club that we have gone back into with our tails between our legs, muttering abject apologies for all the trouble we've caused?

We would be a laughing stock. They would sideline us completely.

Sorry - but whatever the reason you voted 'in' or 'out', we must now stick with the decision and live with the consequences. Anyone with half a brain KNEW it would be extremely complex and difficult and costly to get out. No-one believed the simplistic nonsense - on both sides - before the referendum.

And in my view there is no option but a 'No deal' result.

It is not in Mrs May's interests. If she comes back with a compromise deal:
it will NOT be supported by many backbenchers (either as a sell-out, or they just want to remain!)
it will NOT be supported by Labour (who will see rejection as a chance to say "We would have done it better, so vote for us in a General Election"
it will NOT be supported by the Liberals - who have ALWAYS been staunch 'retainers'
it will NOT be supported by the SNP who will see this as another reason to call for another referendum north of the border
And it is NOT be a generous deal in any case, since the EU is panic-struck that if Britain is seen to get anything other than a DREADFUL deal, then the calls within the EU states for more of them to withdraw too will grow, and the whole EU will collapse. (Many in Holland, Italy, France and Spain are calling for a breakaway!) And the EU is FAR more worried about the question/problem of immigration fro non-EU countries in Africa and Asia than a little local difficulty with a small island in the Atlantic...

So tighten your belts, don't bother listening to all the fluff and nonsense in the media, and just accept that in March we will have NO DEAL, and we will have to sort out our trade under WTO rules.

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20634
Location: Four Oaks
You make sense to me Silverstone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18987
Location: WV4 and WL4
Do I need to sell the house and take the family to live in a caravan in Wales? One of the lads got a new static for £15K near Machynlleth.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15808
Location: Moved
Embers wrote:
Do I need to sell the house and take the family to live in a caravan in Wales? One of the lads got a new static for £15K near Machynlleth.


If Corbyn gets in....yes

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:12 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
[quote="Embers"]Do I need to sell the house and take the family to live in a caravan in Wales? One of the lads got a new static for £15K near Machynlleth.[/quotey

Yes, With Jeremy as Prime Minister best to sell one of your homes because he will tax the second one.

Its also likely that under the Tories that caravans will have little options for movement beyond England and Wales.

If insularity is your bag there you go.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7263
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Left back wrote:
You make sense to me Silverstone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Silverstone's "Just got Back" from Salzburg and he's not happy. However, jest aside, get SW on the Brexit team with Raab.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11299
gladbachwolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
You make sense to me Silverstone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Silverstone's "Just got Back" from Salzburg and he's not happy. However, jest aside, get SW on the Brexit team with Raab.


Salzburg was a disaster purely of Theresa May's own making. She simply has no grasp of what she is doing. You cannot be partly in the EU single market, it's like being a bit pregnant.

Even the non-loonies in her party like Justine Greening have spent the summer telling her that her "plan" isn't workable. Yet on the eve of a summit that didn't even focus on Brexit, she writes a guest article in Die Welt pushing forward the same plan and, even though it had already been read by the EU leaders, she used the opportunity of a speech she was afforded in Salzburg to simply read out the newspaper article with its non-starter of a plan word-for-word again.

The EU have all along been weary of being too forthright with dear Theresa as they know she about to be booted out by her own party and would rather not have to deal with the turmoil of a new PM, so the likely outcome of the summit was always more "kind" words but with a gentle reminder that the plan needed more work or suchlike. Faced, however, with this daft Chequers "agreement" being rammed down their throats eventually they had to simply give a very firm no.

She then pops up on the TV idly threatening it's either the plan that can't work and isn't supported by her own party or else it's no deal at all!? No other thought processes are allowed. No other options are worthy of consideration. Was this sad spectacle purely to stave off the jeers at party conference?

On top of that, she then hands all EU nationals the unreserved right to remain in the UK without any assurance whatsoever from the EU that UK citizens living abroad will be afforded the same protection. All this two years after the EU offered to mutually agree everybody's rights at the very start of the process, but the UK refused. Great negotiating. What a protector of British people's rights she is.

It's time she sorted out the only issue hampered the Withdrawal Agreement (NI border) then vanished.

Even the loonies seem to have worked out that you cannot be partly in the EU Single Market so it's a Canada deal or an EFTA (or "Norway solution"). Let one of them start the negotiating on that front post-exit in March (assuming they are not still ridiculously awaiting BMW to come over the hills and solve all their worries because the UK is the 4th biggest car market for one company in one of the 27 countries so it'll swing it for us, no worries).

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15808
Location: Moved
I don't think there is much argument that May has screwed up the negociations. However, this masks the fundamental issues of leaving, and leaving we are.

BMW are simply one company that relies on the UK. The Low Countries in particular, will trade with us no matter what some unelected dictator says. Th
ey are so closely tied to us in matters of trade they will have little choice.

And therein lies the true tragedy of the EU. It's founding principles of trade were sound in many respects. The all encompassing, unelected, political Hydra it has turned into, Is simply an extension of European power politics, that has tried for centuries to create and rule a Federation dominated by Central European, Franco/Germanic greed.

I want my law to continue to come from common principles expanded by precedence from my countries Courts. Courts who reflect my countries values and ideals. I do not want it crafted and sent to me by dictate from an unelected technocrat in Brussels.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11299
suiging wrote:
I don't think there is much argument that May has screwed up the negociations. However, this masks the fundamental issues of leaving, and leaving we are.

BMW are simply one company that relies on the UK. The Low Countries in particular, will trade with us no matter what some unelected dictator says. Th
ey are so closely tied to us in matters of trade they will have little choice.

And therein lies the true tragedy of the EU. It's founding principles of trade were sound in many respects. The all encompassing, unelected, political Hydra it has turned into, Is simply an extension of European power politics, that has tried for centuries to create and rule a Federation dominated by Central European, Franco/Germanic greed.

I want my law to continue to come from common principles expanded by precedence from my countries Courts. Courts who reflect my countries values and ideals. I do not want it crafted and sent to me by dictate from an unelected technocrat in Brussels.


The whole process isn't about whether companies from the UK and outside trade with one another, it's about on what terms that trade takes place. Trade will obviously occur. But probably on less advantageous terms for the UK companies as at present.

When you talk about law coming from individual countries' "values", how can that work when you are talking about international trade? Surely you recognise that when two companies from different companies execute a contract that there must be the ability to enforce that contract by law (and to penalise where due performance is not rendered?).

It is clear there must be a court above national level when two companies in different legal systems deal with one another otherwise enforcement of contracts would be nigh impossible and certainly open to prejudicial rulings from the "home" courts of one company vs another.

That is the whole point of EU law. A common legal framework is established for all companies and individuals in the single market to operate under. All are playing by the same rules, which in turn makes trade within the single market frictionless.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15808
Location: Moved
shropswolf wrote:
suiging wrote:
I don't think there is much argument that May has screwed up the negociations. However, this masks the fundamental issues of leaving, and leaving we are.

BMW are simply one company that relies on the UK. The Low Countries in particular, will trade with us no matter what some unelected dictator says. Th
ey are so closely tied to us in matters of trade they will have little choice.

And therein lies the true tragedy of the EU. It's founding principles of trade were sound in many respects. The all encompassing, unelected, political Hydra it has turned into, Is simply an extension of European power politics, that has tried for centuries to create and rule a Federation dominated by Central European, Franco/Germanic greed.

I want my law to continue to come from common principles expanded by precedence from my countries Courts. Courts who reflect my countries values and ideals. I do not want it crafted and sent to me by dictate from an unelected technocrat in Brussels.


The whole process isn't about whether companies from the UK and outside trade with one another, it's about on what terms that trade takes place. Trade will obviously occur. But probably on less advantageous terms for the UK companies as at present.

When you talk about law coming from individual countries' "values", how can that work when you are talking about international trade? Surely you recognise that when two companies from different companies execute a contract that there must be the ability to enforce that contract by law (and to penalise where due performance is not rendered?).

It is clear there must be a court above national level when two companies in different legal systems deal with one another otherwise enforcement of contracts would be nigh impossible and certainly open to prejudicial rulings from the "home" courts of one company vs another.

That is the whole point of EU law. A common legal framework is established for all companies and individuals in the single market to operate under. All are playing by the same rules, which in turn makes trade within the single market frictionless.


I can see in the short term we may be trading with the EU on less favourable terms. However, they will be doing the same with us, so a compromise will be found. In the meantime, we will have the rest of the world to trade with if we wish, without the restrictive tariff arrangements demanded by Brussels. I thought you would get the point. I will try again. If the EU was simply about trade as it was supposed to be when we joined, I don't think any would argue the benefits. However, it is not. It is now about Federalisation by stealth, and the eventual merging of the whole into a super State controlled by unelected technocrats in Brussels.

You don't seem to agree. Fine, it's your prerogative. I'm sure you, along with the rest of the minority voted to remain.

Bad luck, the vote didn't go your way.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15808
Location: Moved
As to your points of law. If a trading partner feels they are being short changed in their UK dealings, they can take the issue to the Courts in the UK. Courts which are regarded throughout the world for their fairness in addition to their home administration. Likewise, we would be able to do the same. The view that we get a better legal deal from European Courts is flawed in so many ways.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23268
Location: Cannock.
You would expect ALL members of the EU to understand all the rules, all the standards, all the reasons how the EU create an even playing field.

Understanding the details which underpin the whole framework.


The UK government shouldn't be following emotive narrative it should be guided by process and detail.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron