Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:41 am 
Manager
Manager

There is far too much common sense being written in this thread and not enough punch-ups. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
raggedwolf wrote:
Mate of mine had his haircut on Friday.The hairdresser proudly told him everyone in the salon had voted out. When he asked her

He asked her?

Nothing more needs to be said.

Oh dear. :roll: I saw a feller trying to park his small car in a space big enough for two sedans as I walked up the road to get the paper this morning. He mounted the kerb and drove 1/3 of the way onto it and also in the process he must have taken 1mm (at least) off his clutch plate. Feller drivers, eh? :roll:

As for coppers...and all that.

Come on Rozza, this is the 21st century.

I saw another feller today trying to park his car near the doctor's when I dropped a repeat prescription request in. He had a family car but he couldn't get into a large space and was up and down the kerb and well onto the pavement. When I came out he'd straightened up but both wheels were still well on the pavement so I measured the gap and it was ten long strides. :lol: FFS, anyone could park two small cars in that space...like my missus's Corsa.

Some drivers, eh? :roll:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Any one else think Corbyn seemed happier at Brexit than Boris? :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Any one else think Corbyn seemed happier at Brexit than Boris? :lol:

BBC News wrote:
In the past 36 hours, 23 out of 31 shadow cabinet members have quit.

The writing's on the wall but he refuses to read it.

But these are the ones who support him:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

My forecast is Boris et al will do a stitch up and put us in the EEA like Norway, which won't do much to solve the immigration crisis. This will result in a UKIP surge which will see them take 30-40 seats at the next election.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Quote:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legislation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-manoeuvred and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

The comment, which was picked up on Twitter, has been shared thousands of times.

If true, that is some parting gift.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:34 pm 
YTS

Ok changed my mind, after tonight maybe we should come out
Can it be a condition we are excluded from the Euros too

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

But who wrote that article?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 pm 

Moscow Wolf wrote:
But who wrote that article?

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... bJhqBql0VZ

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cheers. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:49 pm 

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cheers. :wink:

No probs. It was someone called "Teebs" ? Taken from the Guardian newspaper comment section.

Last edited by wolvesforever_1979 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 pm 

:lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

What a mess! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :? Even Embers has been silenced. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:05 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Quote:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legislation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-manoeuvred and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

The comment, which was picked up on Twitter, has been shared thousands of times.

If true, that is some parting gift.

yes thanks 'Dave' he's done a runner- thrown his toys out - serve the country er no I think not

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:11 pm 

Dom Beaven on Facebook has got it covered. :lol:

Right. Fuck this. We're ALL up shit creek and we need a paddle. Now, not in three months.

Fellow Remain voters: Enough already. Yes, we're all pissed off but navel gazing ain't gonna help. Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to their name. Maybe they have a point about this quitting the EU thing? Maybe not. Whatever, we are where we are and no amount a whinging is gonna change that. Allegedly we're the intelligent ones, so get your thinking caps on.

Leave voters. Well done. Good game. We hear you. Now you need to get stuck in to the aftermath and not just piss off back to Wetherspoons. (Just banter, twats!). And the first person to say they "want their country back" gets deported to fucking Gibraltar. OK?

Politicians.

David. Fuck off. Shut the door behind you. Now.

George. You may be a twat but you're our twat. Plus you know the passwords for our Junior Savers account. Get your calculator. Drop the face-like-a-slapped-ass routine. You're on.

Boris. Sorry mate. That photo of you abseiling by your scrotum over the London Olympics while waving a Union Jack can't ever be un-taken. Plus, you'll never be able to appear on Question Time again without some sturdy Glaswegian nurse asking where the fuck her 350 million quid is. Not only will she have a very good point, she'll be wearing a T shirt that shows you gurning in front of that fucking bus! No captains hat for you I'm afraid.

Theresa. You're in charge love. Get the biggest shoulder pads you've got. We need Ming The Merciless in drag and you'll scare the shit out of 'em.

Nicola. Yep. Fair cop. You probably could get us on a technicality, as could London. But we fucking love shortbread. And oil. And to be honest you're probably the best politician we've got, so we need you on side. Sort your lot out and we promise never to mention that Jimmy Krankie thing again (although it is pretty uncanny) and we'll make you a Dame once we're sorted. Bring Ruth Davidson. She kicks ass.

Opposition party. We'll need one. Someone take Jeremy and John back to the British Legion Club where you found them. Take Nigel as well. Give back their sandals, buy them a pint, then go to Heathrow and collect David Milliband. Fuck it. Lets gets Ed Balls as well. He keeps George on his toes. I think he works on the lottery kiosk at Morrisons now?

Oh. And Mark Carney. Give him a knighthood and tell him to keep that shit coming. We definitely need more of that good shit!

Everyone set? Right. Hold the Easyjet. We're going to Brussels and this ain't no hen party.

#weneedaplan Share!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:43 am 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:59 am 
Manager
Manager

When you trust the very people who vote for X Factor with a vote that determines your countries future your just asking for trouble.

Its a dumbed down society, looking for the easy way out with mostly everything.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 pm 
YTS

Wolves Forever-good post.Especially the need a plan NOW sentiment.

Judging by the comments of the various high profile Conservatives in the last couple of days,I think we may be heading for a deal whereby we try to stay in the Single Market (preserving Cameron's legacy of a decent economy after the recession,thus ticking his box)in return for allowing freedom of movement ticking Angela Merkel's box ,with exemptions from this and that to show we are now independant and some general co-operation arrangements to show we are all still working with our European partners.

I think Boris may well end up with the PM role,thus ticking his box and the chance to be Churchill and a hero and major historical figure (which I think is what he's really after,to tick his box).Theresa May will get a lot of support but I'm not sure she can stop the Boris train with his fans in the right wing press and his perceived appeal to the public,especially if he gets Osbourne on board.

All this would obviously go against those Leave voters whose priority was immigration,but whoever leads will probably sell this as the price for turning the economy round .Noticeable that neither Boris nor Gove have spoken to Farage since Friday-he can sense a U-turn by his allies...

Might just work though-and the Scots would stay on board for that.I dont think they will get a deal on their own anyway.Spain would veto it to stop Catalonia going down the same road.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:48 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
When you trust the very people who vote for X Factor with a vote that determines your countries future your just asking for trouble.

Its a dumbed down society, looking for the easy way out with mostly everything.

I thought you were voting leave KK?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

raggedwolf wrote:

Judging by the comments of the various high profile Conservatives in the last couple of days,I think we may be heading for a deal whereby we try to stay in the Single Market (preserving Cameron's legacy of a decent economy after the recession,thus ticking his box)in return for allowing freedom of movement ticking Angela Merkel's box ,with exemptions from this and that to show we are now independant and some general co-operation arrangements to show we are all still working with our European partners.

I think Boris may well end up with the PM role,thus ticking his box and the chance to be Churchill and a hero and major historical figure (which I think is what he's really after,to tick his box).Theresa May will get a lot of support but I'm not sure she can stop the Boris train with his fans in the right wing press and his perceived appeal to the public,especially if he gets Osbourne on board.

All this would obviously go against those Leave voters whose priority was immigration,but whoever leads will probably sell this as the price for turning the economy round .Noticeable that neither Boris nor Gove have spoken to Farage since Friday-he can sense a U-turn by his allies...

Might just work though-and the Scots would stay on board for that.I dont think they will get a deal on their own anyway.Spain would veto it to stop Catalonia going down the same road.

Unfortunately, you overlook the aspirations of a certain Anna Soubry. Cameron and his chums await their own armageddon when the party funding spectre hits the fan. Watch this space.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

raggedwolf wrote:

Thersa May -worst type of turncoat- moaned like fuck about European Courts when trying to get rid of ol' capt' Hook - THEN backed Remain - but THEN stayed silent during the debate- talk about covering all your bases - no thanks,the hypocrite.

Johnson and Gove - won't talk to Farage now will they -that would be their choice not his.
He served his purpose but they won't want to be associated with him politically now.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Johnson and Gove - won't talk to Farage now will they -that would be their choice not his.
He served his purpose but they won't want to be associated with him politically now.

Especially as neither of them are alleged to have really wanted to come out (as it were). They stood for Brexit to further their own ambitions (so it's said in The Times) believing that it would engender support from the right of the party in an attempt to jointly take over the leadership (Blondie as PM and smug-face as his deputy).

It was revealing that Blondie jumped into his car quickly and was driven off without answering a single question following Cameron's resignation. One would have thought that he'd been given a perfect platform to blow his own trumpet to start rallying his troops. But no! He chose a car instead of his usual bike to avoid the questions. If he is made PM will he invoke Article 50 against his alleged moral judgement?

Interesting days ahead.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Unfortunately, you overlook the aspirations of a certain Anna Soubry. Cameron and his chums await their own armageddon when the party funding spectre hits the fan. Watch this space.

God, I hate that woman, sees herself as the next Maggie That......I cor say it. :evil:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
It would be interesting for me at least to get a feeling from fellow Members about your thoughts as to whether Britain should stay or leave the Union?

Now, besides the tabloid press and even Politicians blaming the EU for everything bad and making it a scapegoat for our own inefficiency to run the country properly, do you really want to go back to Duty Free Shopping in airports and ports. Do you want to have to get a visa every time you want to go on a weekend jolly to Prague, Budapest, Amsterdam or wherever?

Do you want to have to pay import duties on anything that comes into the UK from Europe? I can appreciate the sometimes unfairness that appears on the surface when Brussels says you must do this or that, but has the EU forced Britain to adopt the Euro for example; does Britain adopt all of the EU's directives to the letter, no it doesn't.

Anyone wish to list the advantages of staying in the Union? Should there ever be a referendum, please think very carefully before placing your X next to the OUT option as you might just well find yourselves totally isolated and completely frozen out of the markets. Britain cannot feed itself from its own resources.

If Britain is controlled from Brussels then why is it that we have the most expensive Fuel prices, why is it that Cigarettes cost more in Britain than any other EU country (at a guess), why do we refer to Britain as rip-off Britain. Must be the cost of all those EU nationals picking fruit and potatoes in the Fens I guess or, that old Chestnut about all those other Eastern Europeans coming over here and living at our expense and taking our jobs, but hey, those Kosovans, Afghanis, Iraqis, Serbs, Russians, Asians, Latin Americano's they all from the EU - right! :roll:

This was my thread opener as far back as 2013 and its contents are still very pertinent for me. I must say, perhaps I am a bad loser, but the result of Leave has depressed me somewhat since it was announced. It has depressed me even further now me because of a festering inner rage and frustration against sections of the UK society that in my opinion are not fit to vote and have completely misunderstood the meaning of LEAVE thinking it to be about the right to kick out the immigrants from the UK.

Everyday, I try to read as much as I can to try and get a feel for the direction the UK is going to go as regards its exit from the EU and the new deals it is going to try to strike. It seems to me, based on what I read so far, that not much is going to change whatsoever with regards to Freedom of Movement if the UK wants into the ''Single Market'' and we won't get that for free by a long chalk. The EU cannot just give in to the UK's demands so that other Member countries think, if the UK can do it, we can do it too.

There are huge obstacles to overcome, what about the Common Agricultural Programme (CAP); do ordinary UK folk understand what I was referring to in my OP that we do not produce enough food to feed the country and have to rely on imports. Did this ever get a mention in the hype leading up to the Referendum, does the average Joe even know what the CAP is all about or that it exists.

I could better understand it if Leave had a plan, we're already spending public coffers swanning off to Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. striking new trade deals for Lamb, Butter, Wheat, etc., but no, just stay here and fight amongst yourselves concerning party leadership elections. When the ship is sinking fast, it is no time to start thinking about changing the Captain and you Leave Voters have certainly scuttled this UK ship and for what reason exactly, because you believed that Farage knows what he is talking about through that hole in his posterior?

I have to try and remain calm, try to see over the horizon, weigh up my options for the future based upon what an Article 50 might bring, but I can assure you, if I feel then as I feel now then, my UK Passport will be sent back in a brown paper envelope and you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Just my opinion of course.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
It would be interesting for me at least to get a feeling from fellow Members about your thoughts as to whether Britain should stay or leave the Union?

Now, besides the tabloid press and even Politicians blaming the EU for everything bad and making it a scapegoat for our own inefficiency to run the country properly, do you really want to go back to Duty Free Shopping in airports and ports. Do you want to have to get a visa every time you want to go on a weekend jolly to Prague, Budapest, Amsterdam or wherever?

Do you want to have to pay import duties on anything that comes into the UK from Europe? I can appreciate the sometimes unfairness that appears on the surface when Brussels says you must do this or that, but has the EU forced Britain to adopt the Euro for example; does Britain adopt all of the EU's directives to the letter, no it doesn't.

Anyone wish to list the advantages of staying in the Union? Should there ever be a referendum, please think very carefully before placing your X next to the OUT option as you might just well find yourselves totally isolated and completely frozen out of the markets. Britain cannot feed itself from its own resources.

If Britain is controlled from Brussels then why is it that we have the most expensive Fuel prices, why is it that Cigarettes cost more in Britain than any other EU country (at a guess), why do we refer to Britain as rip-off Britain. Must be the cost of all those EU nationals picking fruit and potatoes in the Fens I guess or, that old Chestnut about all those other Eastern Europeans coming over here and living at our expense and taking our jobs, but hey, those Kosovans, Afghanis, Iraqis, Serbs, Russians, Asians, Latin Americano's they all from the EU - right! :roll:

This was my thread opener as far back as 2013 and its contents are still very pertinent for me. I must say, perhaps I am a bad loser, but the result of Leave has depressed me somewhat since it was announced. It has depressed me even further now me because of a festering inner rage and frustration against sections of the UK society that in my opinion are not fit to vote and have completely misunderstood the meaning of LEAVE thinking it to be about the right to kick out the immigrants from the UK.

Everyday, I try to read as much as I can to try and get a feel for the direction the UK is going to go as regards its exit from the EU and the new deals it is going to try to strike. It seems to me, based on what I read so far, that not much is going to change whatsoever with regards to Freedom of Movement if the UK wants into the ''Single Market'' and we won't get that for free by a long chalk. The EU cannot just give in to the UK's demands so that other Member countries think, if the UK can do it, we can do it too.

There are huge obstacles to overcome, what about the Common Agricultural Programme (CAP); do ordinary UK folk understand what I was referring to in my OP that we do not produce enough food to feed the country and have to rely on imports. Did this ever get a mention in the hype leading up to the Referendum, does the average Joe even know what the CAP is all about or that it exists.

I could better understand it if Leave had a plan, we're already spending public coffers swanning off to Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc. striking new trade deals for Lamb, Butter, Wheat, etc., but no, just stay here and fight amongst yourselves concerning party leadership elections. When the ship is sinking fast, it is no time to start thinking about changing the Captain and you Leave Voters have certainly scuttled this UK ship and for what reason exactly, because you believed that Farage knows what he is talking about through that hole in his posterior?

I have to try and remain calm, try to see over the horizon, weigh up my options for the future based upon what an Article 50 might bring, but I can assure you, if I feel then as I feel now then, my UK Passport will be sent back in a brown paper envelope and you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Just my opinion of course.

What will sending back your passport do Moscow?You don't live here anyway so not a great sacrifice of principle really.
Anyway we are not out yet are we and what a great day for what is left of our democracy if we don't follow the will of the vote,even the remain must see that surely.
I would say imo that the 44% of the voters who elected Tony Blair in 1997 did more damage to our country than the out vote of 52% for leave will.At the moment that is pretty acurate as we don't know any real damage yet do we?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:15 am 
Manager
Manager

One of the key reasons why voters vote OUT is because front line services are being run down.

Now you may knock Tony Blair but if it wasn't for his government you would be left with vastly poor Hospitals, Schools and other front line services.

The Conservatives contrary to myth spend far more when in office on pet projects which they then sell off to their own people.

Just think what that 100 billion they will waste on HS2 could do for your Hospitals and Schools and maybe a better Housing and transport plan.

Dont get fooled by the Tories and the UK's right wing media, all the facts are available if you care to research.
Google is the working peoples tool for truth.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
One of the key reasons why voters vote OUT is because front line services are being run down.

Now you may knock Tony Blair but if it wasn't for his government you would be left with vastly poor Hospitals, Schools and other front line services.

The Conservatives contrary to myth spend far more when in office on pet projects which they then sell off to their own people.

Just think what that 100 billion they will waste on HS2 could do for your Hospitals and Schools and maybe a better Housing and transport plan.

Dont get fooled by the Tories and the UK's right wing media, all the facts are available if you care to research.
Google is the working peoples tool for truth.

So the out voters are concerned about public services yet gave the thumbs up to Farage and Johnson who have spoken about private health insurance replacing the NHS?

They say turkeys don't vote for Christmas, but 52% of the turkeys here were ready and waiting with their Xs.

Last edited by shropswolf on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:38 am 
Manager
Manager

I took this from another Forum which is apparently doing the rounds on FB (original author unbeknown to me), and I thought it covers the referendum fiasco 'concisely'.

"So, let me get this straight... the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they'd all done nothing to help them.

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn't lose, did - but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who'd always thought he'd lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash - and he was, but it did, but he's not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can't become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead.

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party's view of this view is the opposite of the opposition's. And the opposition aren't yet opposing anything because the leader isn't listening to his party, who aren't listening to the country, who aren't listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there's not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.

Clear? "

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Absolutely crystal Moscow.

I see Boris is not standing for PM now. I guess his plan will be to let someone else deal with the impossible mess he has helped create and then he can step in later when the worst is over and Cameron's successor has been publically assassinated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand