Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Colonial guilt is spot on, don`t know who perpetuated it though.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Germans look after German workers, French look after French, why do English look after everyone but their own.

.....and it has been this way for decades.

It's because the English "working class" don't take that readily to work. :oops:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:41 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Germans look after German workers, French look after French, why do English look after everyone but their own.

.....and it has been this way for decades.

It's because the English "working class" don't take that readily to work. :oops:

Interesting comment, care to develop that theory?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Roman Abramovich gets £45m loan from UK taxpayer.

Taxpayers are to lend £45 million to a company controlled by Roman Abramovich, one of the world’s richest men, as part of a government export drive.

Part of the £45 million loan to Evraz, the international steel mills group, will be used to contract Primetals Technologies, a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Siemens, to upgrade its steelmaking facility in Saskatchewan, Canada reports The Times

Under UK Export Finance rules, which are more relaxed than many other countries’ export credit agencies, only 25 per cent of a loan needs to support jobs in the UK. Primetals has an office in London and UKEF said that the loan to Evraz would support jobs at Primetal’s design and engineering studios in Sheffield, where it used to be known as Siemens VAI Metals before its merger with Mitsubishi.

In an attempt to win more work for British-based businesses, UKEF is offering overseas companies outright loans, in addition to its usual role of offering borrowing or credit guarantees.

UKEF, a division of the Treasury, announced its first direct lending deal last year, backing a contract in Dubai for Carillion, the construction company. It will announce three more deals today, one of them with the company controlled by Mr Abramovich, the Russian tycoon who is the owner of Chelsea Football Club and whose fortune is believed to exceed £7 billion.

Margaret Eyres, who heads the new direct-lending division of UKEF, said that British export credit tended to be available to countries where borrowing was more difficult than in the west or with companies whose credit ratings may not be “top notch” and therefore were being encouraged by their own bankers to diversify their borrowing.

Evraz, according to Moody’s, has a credit rating of Ba3, typically known as sub-investment class or towards the safer end of the junk bond spectrum.

Ms Eyres said that UKEF’s direct loan facility had become attractive to companies because it was being offered at a fixed rate compared with floating rates, which may be the only loans on offer in their domestic markets.

http://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/newswire/ro ... -taxpayer/

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:35 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

It's called youmer, ironic youmer; but many a truth said in jest and plenty of evidence of it. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

It's called youmer, ironic youmer; but many a truth said in jest and plenty of evidence of it. :mrgreen:

No its not, its called back tracking.....

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

:shock:
No it isn't.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

No it isn't.

I love Pantomime...................

Oh Yes it is, he's behind YOU. :lol: :wink: :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, it is almost Pantomime season.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:19 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

No it isn't.

I love Pantomime...................

Oh Yes it is, he's behind YOU. :lol: :wink: :roll:

I like it.... :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Who's Biggins then?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:42 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

No it isn't.

Its an interesting topic, how idle the English workforce.

I think its absolutely essential when entering a new work place you work out quickly the strivers from the idlers.

For me I always confronted those who didn't fancy work with conversation around that theme.

I would state within conversation that I try and work out early who wants to work and make life easy for everyone, and those who would sooner moan through life.

I believe for an anxiety free mentality you have to confront the time wasters while shouting the praise of those who attack work with enthusiasm.

No matter the level of the worker be they shop floor or board room, sorting them out early as always seemed the most productive method.

In England looking back I would guess I could name 50% workers and 50% shirkers, I bought beer for workers, I shouted at shirkers, and enjoyed doing it.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

In England looking back I would guess I could name 50% workers and 50% shirkers...

As I said:

SELWolf wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:36 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

In England looking back I would guess I could name 50% workers and 50% shirkers...

As I said:

SELWolf wrote:

Would you say that 50% of teachers lacked 100% commitment each day to make everyone of their pupils lives more rewarding.
Do they retain the highest level of enthusiasm to wake up each day with absolute positivity for that days challenges.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

As I said:

SELWolf wrote:

Would you say that 50% of teachers lacked 100% commitment each day to make everyone of their pupils lives more rewarding.
Do they retain the highest level of enthusiasm to wake up each day with absolute positivity for that days challenges.

How could anyone know?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:10 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

As I said:

SELWolf wrote:

Do they retain the highest level of enthusiasm to wake up each day with absolute positivity for that days challenges.[/quote]
How could anyone know?[/quote]

SELWolf wrote:

It's because the English "working class" don't take that readily to work

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Huge shortfall in teachers forces schools to look overseas for new recruits.

Figures show a record 50,000 teachers left the profession in a year, even though pupil numbers continue to grow

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... s-recruits

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Huge shortfall in teachers forces schools to look overseas for new recruits.

Figures show a record 50,000 teachers left the profession in a year, even though pupil numbers continue to grow

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... s-recruits

I mentioned this to The Wench, and she's not surprised. She only teaches part-time these days, but teachers, like nurses, are expected to do more, and work longer hours, for no reward, and everything is based on achieving better results, and then Ofsted rock up. Too much pressure.

I've only put our Joe down for Highfields and Smestow, when he goes to the big school, next year, and I must admit, my old school, Highfields was very impressive. One thing's for certain, if you can't get a good education at that school, then you'll never get one. Superb facilities, great opportunity.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Eastfield Primary in Wolvo apparently has one of the very worst air pollution stats in the country.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Eastfield Primary in Wolvo apparently has one of the very worst air pollution stats in the country.

On the way out of town, on the Willenhall Road. I wonder why, is it near some sort of factory?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

On the way out of town, on the Willenhall Road. I wonder why, is it near some sort of factory?

It was mentioned in the Sunday Times that it was the sixth worst in the country in a table of ten which experiences nitrogen dioxide (to do with diesel emissions) in it's ambient environment. The article was about a clean air campaign and discussed how schools in general suffered poor air pollution. I guess that it's close to the M6 or otherwise experiences heavy traffic and that's the result.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

it's due to the thriving bootleg baccy trade round the back of the bike sheds

singles - a great way for a non smoker to mmake a nice raise at school - my kid bro always asked me to get them for him - little fuck was getting crazy money per stick

Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

chriskamara wrote:
Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

it's due to the thriving bootleg baccy trade round the back of the bike sheds

singles - a great way for a non smoker to mmake a nice raise at school - my kid bro always asked me to get them for him - little fuck was getting crazy money per stick

Bootlegger. :lol: When did you move into Pimping. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Attachment:
nhs.jpg
nhs.jpg [ 58.35 KiB | Viewed 13634 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

“Our NHS faces extinction at their hands,” he said.

“That is why we will fight at every step to save our hospitals and all the vital services they provide.

“These cuts are unwanted and unnecessary except in the penny-pinching schemes of those politicians who would rather we had the American model of healthcare-for-profit.

“Revelations that North Manchester General is to be 70% flattened to make way for a housing estate proves our assertion that we are in a fight for the future of our local hospitals.

“We are fully in support of the judicial review over the downgrading at Wythenshawe and will be looking at the basis for legal cases at the other five threatened hospitals as one plank of an upscaled fightback against this terrible threat to healthcare across Greater Manchester.”

Actions which the group are looking to take include lobbying Clinical Commissioning Groups and local politicians, writing for support from key Labour figures – including Jeremy Corbyn – and mounting protests.

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/conte ... -hospitals

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Apparently Osborne is claiming that the Royal Mail has been returned to private ownership. It had never been private until right wingers began to make it so a few years ago.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

Factory.....in Wolverhampton?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Note the 2014 structure KK. Every one of those boxes is made up of lots of people picking up pay. And we haven't even got down to the bits which deliver care. I have to write reports and returns to most of those places on a regular basis to prove to them that we are doing things. It's easier than looking after patients. :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well you lot have a funny idea of poverty........Four hundred and fifty thousand grand starter homes.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

lucca wolf wrote:
Well you lot have a funny idea of poverty........Four hundred and fifty thousand grand starter homes.

Is that down Compton? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand