THE WOLF
http://the-wolf.co.uk/

Poverty in Britain...
http://the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=67517
Page 12 of 15

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Did you know this?

Tory record.

2010 National Debt £979 BN - 65% of GDP

2016 National Debt £1.73 TN - 89% of GDP...

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sat May 13, 2017 7:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

77,000 people in the West Midlands on zero hour contracts, this must end.

Author:  Left back [ Sat May 13, 2017 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
77,000 people in the West Midlands on zero hour contracts, this must end.


But I will be out of my non job then.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
77,000 people in the West Midlands on zero hour contracts, this must end.


But I will be out of my non job then.


Isn't it unfortunate that a few would suffer because the majority are massively exploited.

Author:  Left back [ Sun May 14, 2017 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
77,000 people in the West Midlands on zero hour contracts, this must end.


But I will be out of my non job then.


Isn't it unfortunate that a few would suffer because the majority are massively exploited.


Thank you for your sympathy. :lol:

Author:  knocker knowles [ Mon May 22, 2017 6:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Social Care.

What we have now

Currently the threshold above which one is liable to pay for social care is £23, 250. If you are moving into residential care, your property is included in this  unless there is someone living in the property who is either over 60.
or in need of support themselves (for example, a younger person with disabilities) in which case it is disregarded. The value taken from your property may be taken through a deferred payment to the local authority so that when the house is sold  which can be after your death, the money owed will go back to the local authority.

If you are having domiliciary care, that is, care in your home, the threshold is also £23, 250 but the value of your property is entirely disregarded, as you are living in it. When your assets (not including your property) dip below £23, 250, the local authority pick up the costs.

This is a far from ideal system which needs to change and has needed to change for a long time.

Dilnot

It’s useful having a recap on the report from the Dilnot Commission. The Commission was established in 2010, after the coalition government was formed and it reported in 2011 as a cross-party approach to funding care. While the threshold which one paid for care services, whether at home or in residential settings was proposed to be raised to £100, ooo, there was also a proposed cap of between £25,000 and £50, 000 (recommended £35,000) above which you would no longer be personally responsible for payments.

I can’t say I personally welcomed Dilnot wholesale. The idea was that risk was not entirely to rest on those who needed social care but that there was an element of pooled risk. Hold onto that concept because I’m coming back to it later.
Tory Manifesto Proposals 2017

Unlike the Manifesto in 2015, when the outcome was less obvious and the government backed a form of the Dilnot proposals (although they raised the cap level), in 2017, the Tories have proposed the raising of the thresholds to £100,000 including the value of the property for those needing residential care as well as domiciliary care. This is under their heading of “A long term plan for elderly care”. “Elderly care”  yes, seriously. That language is not exactly 2017. We haven’t referred to older people as “elderly” for a long time for a reason but that’s probably the least of my problems with it. For a start, there is no acknowledgement in the slightest that social care is delivered to adults over 18. Yes, we have an ageing population but by refusing to acknowledge that adult social care touches adults of all ages, the Conservative Party are evidencing a lack of understanding of the issues at home.

The argument they make is an odd one too, given they reduced inheritance taxes last year, is that ‘why should a healthy 25 year old who can’t afford a property pay the social care costs of a 75 year old with a house valued at £400,000'. On the Marr Show today, some identikit Tory minster said this was a policy which was aimed at leveling generational inequalities. A strange comment from a government minister who has showed little interest in generational inequalities to date.

Exploring the gaps in the Tory policy

So I might have got ahead of myself here but it’s hard to know where to start with this policy which feels very ‘back of the envelope’. I’ll start with some of the ‘defences’ of it I’ve heard on the TV and radio since the manifesto was published.

The first is that there is a great misunderstanding of adult social care and what it delivers. This is why it has become known as the ‘dementia tax’. The blurred line between health care (free) and social care (means-tested) is the key issue which has not only not been addressed but has been blown into the spotlight in this proposal. People have made comparisons with cancer care but it’s not really about that. Social care is about ‘life and death’ as much as health care. By supporting someone with dementia, or chronic arthritis or increased physical frailty at home — you are promoting rights, preference and potentially prevention of greater deterioration in health (and higher public costs if we want to be blunt but also higher human costs if we want to be fluffy social workers). Saying that Mrs Smith must pay for her social care but not her health care we are making an arbitrary distinction. Yes, people with diagnoses of dementia would more likely to be funded by social care pathways is a part of it but it’s not the only condition or need. If the Tory argument is “It’s unfair healthy 25 year old pays for care that a 75 year old with dementia at home gets” then we can extrapolate exactly the same argument for healthcare.
Why should a healthy 40 year old pay for a 20 year old born with disabilities? See — it’s a pretty revolting argument if you extrapolate it. We need to create the society we want to have.

Secondly, there’s a big hole that I haven’t seen addressed much in the Tory idea — which they claim is just evening out the ‘gap’ between the thresholds for residential care (where home is taken into account) and domiciliary care (where it isn’t) is that the numbers of those who receive domiciliary care is much greater than those who are admitted to residential and nursing care. This number will continue to increase as there is a preference (rightly) of providing care in people’s own homes. This means so many more people will be affected by this. And I’m not convinced people — in general — have an idea of how much social care can cost over a lifetime. This is what Dilnot’s cap was intended to solve. Care costs — at home as well as in residential settings, can easily build up to hundreds of thousands of pounds over the years. Yes, I meant that. It can easily munch through the price of a house.
A practical implementation

Having worked in older people’s services for many years, I can see so many difficulties in this proposal. There’s little detail in the manifesto, of course, but what will exist to stop people dodging these charges, if they have access to financial advice by transferring properties around the families and into various trust funds which those who are able to, will do.

One of the roles I had, among many, was explaining to people, sometimes for the first time that the services we had assessed them as needing would need to be paid for. A surprising number of people assume social care is free — like health care. Until you come to them with a bill. Older people I worked with, some of them refused to have the financial assessment at all, saying they didn’t want the local authority to know the details of their finances. I can understand that. But it did mean we had to charge them at the full rates even if we knew they wouldn’t have met that threshold. See, it’s not just about how much money is in your account, it’s about how much is in joint accounts and spousal arrangements. Not everyone wants to share that.

The other aspect is that we could go in and assess someone, but if they were unwilling to pay the amount determined, we would not be able to provide ANY service. This meant that people would go without desperately needed care because they didn’t want to disadvantage their children/grandchildren. I expect to see a lot more of this.

The other area, which has changed to some extent with the 2014 Care Act but not, I suspect, enough — is that once someone was assessed as being ‘self funding’ some of the responsibilities of the local authority were divested to that individual to arrange and sort their own care. Yes, they have a right to advice but that can be very low level. It isn’t the local authority’s money so there isn’t the same responsibility. This may leave a lot of people in an increasing gap.
A solution

Both the Labour and Liberal Democrat manifestos recommend a Dilnot-style cap. Personally, I favoured the much-derided ‘Death Tax’ which provided a more accessible universal right to social care. Social care needs to be regarded as being as necessary as health care. This plan will see more people risking their health and their lives to protect their children. Because that’s what people do. My worry, and I hope I’m not being overdramatic, is also that people will be more likely to want to die earlier because of the potential costs to their families, rather than because of the changes in their qualities of life.

While an identikit Tory politician on the Marr Show this morning said “£100,000” is quite a lot — and it is — if you think about how much that might get you if you want a property in the south-east, you can see the lack of heart in that comment.

I am completely comfortable with the idea that people with more should pay more. That doesn’t worry me in the slightest which is why I favour the money being taken through an inheritance tax-like system. But this system pushes the cost of the misfortune of X diagnosis or ill-health rather than Y onto individuals rather than pooling the risk among the population or those who can best carry the burden, namely through the use of progressive taxation.

https://medium.com/@ermintrude2/dementi ... 7d05ee67c9

Author:  knocker knowles [ Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Labours Ideology of decency, compassion, fairness and peace, backed up with a superbly designed and costed manifesto, vote labour, simple.

Author:  shropswolf [ Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
Labours Ideology of decency, compassion, fairness and peace, backed up with a superbly designed and costed manifesto, vote labour, simple.


Costing a manifesto isn't hard (yes, I know the Tories didn't even bother to do so which speaks volumes of the shit they will unleash). All you are doing is shuffling the sums around: 10p off there, 10p on there.

What is the challenge is credibly costing a manifesto so it can realistically be delivered. This is where Labour have struggled during the campaign as nobody believes the tax intake will be sufficient to fund their promises.

The "we'll make big corporations pay their taxes" pledge has been uttered by almost every politician under the sun in recent decades. This will only be achieved however by a combined global crackdown, which has never got off the ground, and won't because of Corbyn either.

Unless such action is global, the corporations just shift the "head office" of their operations elsewhere. Look at Malta: absolutely full of head offices of massive companies but they are just rented offices with barely anyone in them at all.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

This global clampdown on tax evasion is and was happening it was a prime reason for Nigel Farage and his backers to get the UK out of the EU.

He never was a man of the people just a City head looking to delay collective investigations.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

'Private schools to save £522m in tax thanks to charitable status'

While your Schools are grossly underfunded.

Are you happy with that?

Are you happy that some toffs son at Eton gains a better education than your kids?

Wake up to these rascals that masquerade under a Tory banner that says one thing and does another.

Author:  suiging [ Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
'Private schools to save £522m in tax thanks to charitable status'

While your Schools are grossly underfunded.

Are you happy with that?

Are you happy that some toffs son at Eton gains a better education than your kids?

Wake up to these rascals that masquerade under a Tory banner that says one thing and does another.



Ask Corbyn which school he went to and while your on, ask Abbott which school she sends her kids too. The answers may help with your questions

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

The vote against austerity was long overdue. Under Cameron and Osborne the Conservatives got away with blue murder in blaming the world financial crisis on Labour in general and Gordon Brown in particular. Their obsession with “the deficit” hoodwinked people who do not understand that a nation is not a household, and that cuts in public expenditure are the reverse of what is required in a time of depression.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... are_btn_tw

Author:  knocker knowles [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Yet when a society is hostile to self-regulation, it is basically hostile to being a society. And, indeed, a hostility to the idea that society even exists has been a longstanding feature of British political life. Disregard for the concerns of the people living in Grenfell – a disregard strong enough for their action group’s voiced concerns to be characterised as “harassment” – surely suggests that Grenfell’s residents were not viewed as people with a right to be heard but as pathetic supplicants, ungrateful for what had been bestowed upon them.

Of course, the idea that people who need social support are, by definition, moral failures, has been currency for quite some while. Shame is one of the most corrosive of human feelings, yet it has been a matter of policy for years that reliance on “state handouts” should be a cause for shame.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... l-failures

Author:  Rozza [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

The Grenfell fire started and was caused by a faulty fridge. That is the facts of the matter full stop. You may as well seek to find why that make of fridge was in place in that location at that time and see if the make and model was priced at the lower end of the market and therefore had lower specifications and thus it was an avoidable and intended event aimed solely at the less fortunate and,possibly even the less indigenous members of that society.

If one looks at it in the sense of an accident then lessons can be learned regarding the events after the fire fairly quickly and safely. If one looks at it as a conspiratorial pre-ordained attempt at eradicating certain members of society in a social engineering/ Bilderberg Group type stylee, then the investigation will be set at so many tangents and avenues as to render it pointless, that, after spending several decades and tens of millions of pounds on legal fees though.

I may be alone in the next point, but when I hear the chants of "No peace no justice" shouted as an impending threat to society that social discord will take place, including violence, if that collective do not obtain what they consider to be 'Justice', which in itself is a term only acceptable to an individual at any given time, it annoys and dismays me.

The chant smacks of the veiled and unwarranted threats by the family and associated hangers on after the Police quite rightly shot Mark Duggan a few years back.
The two have no place together and my interest in the whole matter wains when I hear those words, I daresay a few others too.

Author:  shropswolf [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Rozza wrote:
The Grenfell fire started and was caused by a faulty fridge. That is the facts of the matter full stop. You may as well seek to find why that make of fridge was in place in that location at that time and see if the make and model was priced at the lower end of the market and therefore had lower specifications and thus it was an avoidable and intended event aimed solely at the less fortunate and,possibly even the less indigenous members of that society.

If one looks at it in the sense of an accident then lessons can be learned regarding the events after the fire fairly quickly and safely. If one looks at it as a conspiratorial pre-ordained attempt at eradicating certain members of society in a social engineering/ Bilderberg Group type stylee, then the investigation will be set at so many tangents and avenues as to render it pointless, that, after spending several decades and tens of millions of pounds on legal fees though.

I may be alone in the next point, but when I hear the chants of "No peace no justice" shouted as an impending threat to society that social discord will take place, including violence, if that collective do not obtain what they consider to be 'Justice', which in itself is a term only acceptable to an individual at any given time, it annoys and dismays me.

The chant smacks of the veiled and unwarranted threats by the family and associated hangers on after the Police quite rightly shot Mark Duggan a few years back.
The two have no place together and my interest in the whole matter wains when I hear those words, I daresay a few others too.


These incidents always bring out professional protesters, who are itching to stand behind any cause if it means the chance to cause unrest.

The same people who spend all week eating McDonalds and playing on their Playstations then want to smash in the windows of such companies come May Day. They'll be a huge group of them in Hamburg this weekend for the G20 summit.

Unfortunately the mass media love to promote these people too and jump on anyone who utters a contrary view.

Author:  suiging [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
The Grenfell fire started and was caused by a faulty fridge. That is the facts of the matter full stop. You may as well seek to find why that make of fridge was in place in that location at that time and see if the make and model was priced at the lower end of the market and therefore had lower specifications and thus it was an avoidable and intended event aimed solely at the less fortunate and,possibly even the less indigenous members of that society.

If one looks at it in the sense of an accident then lessons can be learned regarding the events after the fire fairly quickly and safely. If one looks at it as a conspiratorial pre-ordained attempt at eradicating certain members of society in a social engineering/ Bilderberg Group type stylee, then the investigation will be set at so many tangents and avenues as to render it pointless, that, after spending several decades and tens of millions of pounds on legal fees though.

I may be alone in the next point, but when I hear the chants of "No peace no justice" shouted as an impending threat to society that social discord will take place, including violence, if that collective do not obtain what they consider to be 'Justice', which in itself is a term only acceptable to an individual at any given time, it annoys and dismays me.

The chant smacks of the veiled and unwarranted threats by the family and associated hangers on after the Police quite rightly shot Mark Duggan a few years back.
The two have no place together and my interest in the whole matter wains when I hear those words, I daresay a few others too.


These incidents always bring out professional protesters, who are itching to stand behind any cause if it means the chance to cause unrest.

The same people who spend all week eating McDonalds and playing on their Playstations then want to smash in the windows of such companies come May Day. They'll be a huge group of them in Hamburg this weekend for the G20 summit.

Unfortunately the mass media love to promote these people too and jump on anyone who utters a contrary view.


I would worry if I lived in any block with folk in with errrr "questionable" Immigration status. The loony PC Brigade have forced an Immigration amnesty on the sub-let to errrr questionables, who if they survived are now demanding houses in Kensington.

Johnny from wherever, sat in another block looking over his shoulder dodging deportation, has become ferrel by necessity. How long before he sees a box of swan vestas as his temporary saviour ?

Author:  davejonesears [ Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

suiging wrote:

I would worry if I lived in any block with folk in with errrr "questionable" Immigration status. The loony PC Brigade have forced an Immigration amnesty on the sub-let to errrr questionables, who if they survived are now demanding houses in Kensington.

Johnny from wherever, sat in another block looking over his shoulder dodging deportation, has become ferrel by necessity. How long before he sees a box of swan vestas as his temporary saviour ?


Why do threy have an amnesty - I must have missed that?

Still if as a subsequence an audit/census is required to ensure that councils and the government know accurate occupancy figures for futher considerations this will identify any illegal who can then of course be dealt with via the correct mechansim- and the 'subleter' also dealt witfh accordingly-(wishful thinking hey).

All in the name of responsibility,accountability and safety of course.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Why has all this cutting of services and erosion of wages not cut UK debt but almost tripled it?

Because austerity does not work. It's a LIE.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

There are 1.2 million people currently on council housing waiting lists, demonstrating the massive need for secure, low cost homes.

Meanwhile under the Tories, the UK now has the highest rent debt on record.

Author:  suiging [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
Why has all this cutting of services and erosion of wages not cut UK debt but almost tripled it?

Because austerity does not work. It's a LIE.



If you borrow vast sums of money to buy unicorns, the interest on that folly increases your debt until you tighten your belt and meet your payments. Welcome to a post-Labour economy.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Why has all this cutting of services and erosion of wages not cut UK debt but almost tripled it?

Because austerity does not work. It's a LIE.



If you borrow vast sums of money to buy unicorns, the interest on that folly increases your debt until you tighten your belt and meet your payments. Welcome to a post-Labour economy.


Philip Hammond put on a shocking display of hypocrisy as he attacked Labour’s borrowing, while presiding over a public debt that has soared by £145billion.

His huge IOU is the biggest amount any Chancellor has racked up in their first year in office since records began.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/p ... n-11277488

Author:  suiging [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Why has all this cutting of services and erosion of wages not cut UK debt but almost tripled it?

Because austerity does not work. It's a LIE.



If you borrow vast sums of money to buy unicorns, the interest on that folly increases your debt until you tighten your belt and meet your payments. Welcome to a post-Labour economy.


Philip Hammond put on a shocking display of hypocrisy as he attacked Labour’s borrowing, while presiding over a public debt that has soared by £145billion.

His huge IOU is the biggest amount any Chancellor has racked up in their first year in office since records began.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/p ... n-11277488



Created partly ( substantially) from mountain of debt the conservatives inherited. History and economics didn't start the day before the last, hang on...the one before the last election. Tough to keep track of loses claimed to be victories isn't it ?

Author:  knocker knowles [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

]Why has all this cutting of services and erosion of wages not cut UK debt but almost tripled it?

Because austerity does not work. It's a LIE.[/quote]


If you borrow vast sums of money to buy unicorns, the interest on that folly increases your debt until you tighten your belt and meet your payments. Welcome to a post-Labour economy.[/quote]

Philip Hammond put on a shocking display of hypocrisy as he attacked Labour’s borrowing, while presiding over a public debt that has soared by £145billion.

His huge IOU is the biggest amount any Chancellor has racked up in their first year in office since records began.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/p ... n-11277488[/quote]


Created partly ( substantially) from mountain of debt the conservatives inherited. History and economics didn't start the day before the last, hang on...the one before the last election. Tough to keep track of loses claimed to be victories isn't it ?[/quote]

The majority of Countries have recovered significantly more than the UK from the 2008 Global financial crash.
Labours spending, these are facts were prudent between 1997 through 2007.

Author:  suiging [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Totally wrong.

Economically this country is booming. The mountain of inherited debts interest, still needs addressing. To address it take hard choices which are held up as right-wing assaults on the people every time they are discussed or implemented.

The cake and eat it party who created the shit-pie, promise unicorns and say they will go back to spend spend spend !!!!

Spend what ? Money taken away from the so called rich ? Good luck with that. Globalisation simply put means said so called rich will just domicile somewhere else. The taxes they pay now, gone in a jiffy.

Is it right they can get away with it ? About as right as why I've got cataracts and you probably haven't.

Shit happens.

However trying to catch a falling knife or trying to roll shit uphill may look groovy from the front row of Glastonbury, while you sip on your Pimms, before heading back to the jolly Range Rover to take the Lab for walky, chanting "Corbyn Corbyn". But reality is somewhat different. Ask any one who burnt shit on candles during the three day week.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.

Author:  suiging [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.


Sorry. I thought we had record numbers of people in employment with trade figures again at record highs.? Must be all made up by the BBC.

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.


Sorry. I thought we had record numbers of people in employment with trade figures again at record highs.? Must be all made up by the BBC.


Its a case of headline doesn't match detail, the reason the Bank of England is frightened shitless about raising interest rates.

How after a transitional period the Tories will drive the country off an economic cliff just to save their own party.

Author:  suiging [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.


Sorry. I thought we had record numbers of people in employment with trade figures again at record highs.? Must be all made up by the BBC.


Its a case of headline doesn't match detail, the reason the Bank of England is frightened shitless about raising interest rates.

How after a transitional period the Tories will drive the country off an economic cliff just to save their own party.


Oh I see !!!!

Like Labour DID, you think the Tory plan is to bankrupt the country to make themselves popular.

Interesting theory

Author:  knocker knowles [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

]Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.[/quote]

Sorry. I thought we had record numbers of people in employment with trade figures again at record highs.? Must be all made up by the BBC.[/quote]

Its a case of headline doesn't match detail, the reason the Bank of England is frightened shitless about raising interest rates.

How after a transitional period the Tories will drive the country off an economic cliff just to save their own party.[/quote]

Oh I see !!!!

Like Labour DID, you think the Tory plan is to bankrupt the country to make themselves popular.

Interesting theory[/quote]

You completely undermine your own argument if you continually blame a global financial crash on a Labour govenment.

If you remember through the decade 2000 through 2007 the Shadow chancellor George Osbourne totally backed a low regulated financial industry.

Do you really expect Labour to know the complexities of the American sub prime housing market?

Author:  suiging [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Poverty in Britain...

knocker knowles wrote:
]Economically you say that the UK is booming, what are you on, honestly.

For a few not the many as those at the top steam ahead with avarice and greed their mantra.

Meanwhile for millions there is no wage growth and for those below them there is no job security as Zero hour contracts make many reliant on food banks.

Below them you have more and more people unable to find work but unable to feed themselves because of the deficiencies within Universal credit.

Record numbers of homeless, record numbers of children living in poverty, record numbers of household debt.

But its ok, some Tory newspaper says the UK is booming, your having a fuckin laugh. Well they are.


Sorry. I thought we had record numbers of people in employment with trade figures again at record highs.? Must be all made up by the BBC.[/quote]

Its a case of headline doesn't match detail, the reason the Bank of England is frightened shitless about raising interest rates.

How after a transitional period the Tories will drive the country off an economic cliff just to save their own party.[/quote]

Oh I see !!!!

Like Labour DID, you think the Tory plan is to bankrupt the country to make themselves popular.

Interesting theory[/quote]

You completely undermine your own argument if you continually blame a global financial crash on a Labour govenment.

If you remember through the decade 2000 through 2007 the Shadow chancellor George Osbourne totally backed a low regulated financial industry.

Do you really expect Labour to know the complexities of the American sub prime housing market?[/quote]


No one but you is blaming the global crash on Labour.

However, they must take the blame for the countries ability to recover, as when it happened they had sold our strategic reserves and had borrowed to levels where paying back the interest never mind the capital will hinder this country for generations.

Page 12 of 15 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/