Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:53 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
On a lighter note, the country must be in a state, when Bargain Booze is closing down!

There must be a system in place where Tories can do a check on chavs by how much cheap booze they consume, alongside Scratch cards sold.

Plus minutes used on smart phones.

Then withdraw Universal Credit.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
On a lighter note, the country must be in a state, when Bargain Booze is closing down!

There must be a system in place where Tories can do a check on chavs by how much cheap booze they consume, alongside Scratch cards sold.

Plus minutes used on smart phones.

Then withdraw Universal Credit.

Presumably then your compassion does not extend to those who seek ways to ameliorate their miserable existence even if their circumstances were caused by those bastard Tories.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yesterday Google announced its UK tax bill will be just £50 million despite nearly £6 billion of sales in our country.

As our public services are being slashed, the Tories are letting an elite few get away with not paying their fair share.

We're not broke, we're being robbed.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Melrose takeover of GKN

A Triumph of short termism. Speculators held shares for few days and voted.

Employees invested life and had no say.

If govt does not veto, the future will be financial engineering and job losses to boost shareholder returns.

Does the UK have an industrial policy?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Would the Black community in Tottenham accept stricter policing and night curfews if it helped control stabbings and gun crimes?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Would the Black community in Tottenham accept stricter policing and night curfews if it helped control stabbings and gun crimes?

how would you go about policing 'no black folks after 9pm?

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I've just watched Newsnight. The only reason for the stabbings is institutional rasism and not giving the youth more money. Easy.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:15 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I've just watched Newsnight. The only reason for the stabbings is institutional rasism and not giving the youth more money. Easy.

You know what your talking about on this, how do you solve it.

Do some communities not want policing and accept survival of the fittest?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Dam Babylon am steppin up serchin da youf agen man, time to burn me Matalan down agen man.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

PMSL - turning the street lights off might help. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I have stated for years that the biggest killer of young black men in this country is young black men. Referring to them in generic terms as "The Community" only is cowardly, ignorant bollocks.
The Police alone cannot solve or stop these murders until young black men stop carrying knives and guns and enlisting younger girls and boys to do so in their names and thereby taking the risks and punishment.
Increasing the penalties wont help because they already carry substantial sentencing powers. Having a Dad who sticks around and teaches his child a moral code rather than buying them some trainers every six months might help too.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

When poor Stephen Lawrence was murdered by white men, it was as if the world was coming to an end.

If the same " coming together" within the black community could be achieved when they kill each other, we may get some way down the line to stopping this carnage.

It is a tragic joke that black lives seem not to matter within the black community if the killers are black.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I have stated for years that the biggest killer of young black men in this country is young black men. Referring to them in generic terms as "The Community" only is cowardly, ignorant bollocks.
The Police alone cannot solve or stop these murders until young black men stop carrying knives and guns and enlisting younger girls and boys to do so in their names and thereby taking the risks and punishment.
Increasing the penalties wont help because they already carry substantial sentencing powers. Having a Dad who sticks around and teaches his child a moral code rather than buying them some trainers every six months might help too.

Do their parents have a moral code?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Yes they do, to a point, a lot of these kids who kill and die have very strict moral codes instilled mainly by their mothers, in the pentecostal and baptist, seventh day adventist churches when they grow up.
It seems that when they reach puberty or around 13 to 16 their moral compass go's tits up and they seek brotherhood and solace/support from other more sinister sources.

The first dozen or so murders I worked on were Johnson/Burger Bar killings where the sheer indifference to life and assisting in the pursuit of justice shocked me. One of my first 'rooms' was the killing of Corey Wayne Allen at a social club in Handsworth.
He was killed by a shotgun blast at close range to the throat by a kid who I cant name because he was never charged who himself was shot in the arse by a 9 ml.
A scene search revealed the use of 9 different weapons, the average age of those attending the function was 14.
The mother of the victim went into Thornhill Road Police station the following morning and asked the receptionist if there had been a killing during the night. She politely asked for the mothers details so she might be able to allow information to be disclosed, the mother refused to provide her details stating the Police were corrupt before knobbing off swearing.
Once the "Community" come around to believing that no Police officer in Britain wants anyone killed or injured regardless of their background, colour creed we might well go forward.
As an aside to that job, the SIO of it offered any officer a bottle of whisky for a signed statement from any witness present at the function, bearing in mind there were several hundred people there, he had that bottle when the room closed down several months later.

Blame the pigs innit.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Yes they do, to a point, a lot of these kids who kill and die have very strict moral codes instilled mainly by their mothers, in the pentecostal and baptist, seventh day adventist churches when they grow up.
It seems that when they reach puberty or around 13 to 16 their moral compass go's tits up and they seek brotherhood and solace/support from other more sinister sources.

The first dozen or so murders I worked on were Johnson/Burger Bar killings where the sheer indifference to life and assisting in the pursuit of justice shocked me. One of my first 'rooms' was the killing of Corey Wayne Allen at a social club in Handsworth.
He was killed by a shotgun blast at close range to the throat by a kid who I cant name because he was never charged who himself was shot in the arse by a 9 ml.
A scene search revealed the use of 9 different weapons, the average age of those attending the function was 14.
The mother of the victim went into Thornhill Road Police station the following morning and asked the receptionist if there had been a killing during the night. She politely asked for the mothers details so she might be able to allow information to be disclosed, the mother refused to provide her details stating the Police were corrupt before knobbing off swearing.
Once the "Community" come around to believing that no Police officer in Britain wants anyone killed or injured regardless of their background, colour creed we might well go forward.
As an aside to that job, the SIO of it offered any officer a bottle of whisky for a signed statement from any witness present at the function, bearing in mind there were several hundred people there, he had that bottle when the room closed down several months later.

Blame the pigs innit.

Give em more guns and fence the fookers in. WTF purpose do these Inner City kids have anyway - do we need them whatever colour or creed they might be? Personally, I'd thrash the fook out of them knowing full well that it won't help, but hey, they gonna sting for a while.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Blame the pigs innit.

Thanks for that Roz, some interesting thoughts, Do Cressida Dick and Mark Rowley listen to the lower ranks?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

The leaders of all modern Forces are politicians first, academics second and somewhere in the back of their mind's, lies a distant memory of what a police officer actually looks like.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
The leaders of all modern Forces are politicians first, academics second and somewhere in the back of their mind's, lies a distant memory of what a police officer actually looks like.

THIS.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:34 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

THIS.

So is the decision making at ground level good enough?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

THIS.

So is the decision making at ground level good enough?

If decision making was left to police officers, it would be. Those decisions would include promotions within the Force based on merit and ability to do one's job, rather than who fits politically, with whichever Home Secretary happens to be in charge.

Police officers are, and never should be social workers. That's someone else job. They should be apolitical, and enforce the law without fear or favour. Enforcement leads to conflict. Police officers need the support of society as whole, so when that inevitable conflict, caused by doing your job for the good of the whole occurs, officers are not hung out to dry by fleetingly elected local officials or small sections within that society with their own agenda.

You don't need new laws to sort this problem out. You have a myriad of them already. All you need are police officers free to do their job. Officers supported when that job gets tacky, and politicians who for once tell the likes of Hackney Councillors the truth that their darling constituent 17 year old, stabbed to death in a postcode war while on the street dealing at three in the morning, was not a fucking angel, and being kind to his fucking granny and only having a CSE in woodwork, did not give him the right to deal fucking drugs, carry weapons and blame society for his plight.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Rashleigh was given a one-year prison sentence suspended for two years, told to do 150 hours unpaid work, pay £600 compensation and £500 costs.

Read more at https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/cri ... 640T5RX.99

And you ask what's wrong with the Police ? This man bit another man's ear off. Ask the Courts if they think they are doing their part in deterring crime.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

]The leaders of all modern Forces are politicians first, academics second and somewhere in the back of their mind's, lies a distant memory of what a police officer actually looks like.[/quote]

THIS.[/quote]

So is the decision making at ground level good enough?[/quote]

If decision making was left to police officers, it would be. Those decisions would include promotions within the Force based on merit and ability to do one's job, rather than who fits politically, with whichever Home Secretary happens to be in charge.

Police officers are, and never should be social workers. That's someone else job. They should be apolitical, and enforce the law without fear or favour. Enforcement leads to conflict. Police officers need the support of society as whole, so when that inevitable conflict, caused by doing your job for the good of the whole occurs, officers are not hung out to dry by fleetingly elected local officials or small sections within that society with their own agenda.

You don't need new laws to sort this problem out. You have a myriad of them already. All you need are police officers free to do their job. Officers supported when that job gets tacky, and politicians who for once tell the likes of Hackney Councillors the truth that their darling constituent 17 year old, stabbed to death in a postcode war while on the street dealing at three in the morning, was not a fucking angel, and being kind to his fucking granny and only having a CSE in woodwork, did not give him the right to deal fucking drugs, carry weapons and blame society for his plight.[/quote]

Interesting.

How would you go about setting Police budgets, and how would you know how many police officers are required?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

]The leaders of all modern Forces are politicians first, academics second and somewhere in the back of their mind's, lies a distant memory of what a police officer actually looks like.[/quote]

THIS.[/quote]

You don't need new laws to sort this problem out. You have a myriad of them already. All you need are police officers free to do their job. Officers supported when that job gets tacky, and politicians who for once tell the likes of Hackney Councillors the truth that their darling constituent 17 year old, stabbed to death in a postcode war while on the street dealing at three in the morning, was not a fucking angel, and being kind to his fucking granny and only having a CSE in woodwork, did not give him the right to deal fucking drugs, carry weapons and blame society for his plight.[/quote]

Interesting.

How would you go about setting Police budgets, and how would you know how many police officers are required?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
]The leaders of all modern Forces are politicians first, academics second and somewhere in the back of their mind's, lies a distant memory of what a police officer actually looks like.

THIS.[/quote]

Interesting.

How would you go about setting Police budgets, and how would you know how many police officers are required?[/quote]

For me, others may think differently......

Police Commissioners/CC's should have a clearly defined idea of how they want their patch to be policed and the manpower needed to achieve their/society's aim. This should be submitted free of political or financial constraint for public scrutiny. At the same time, the bean counters should submit how many beans they have to play with, and the political masters, their paper on the political policing they demand with their reasons for their prioritising decisions if they're not prepared to provide the required beans.

These three stand alone documents would in no way represent the final policing plan, horse trading and infighting deciding the outcome in the real world. Financial restraints will hamper the Police's ideals. Political restraints will hamper just about everything else. However, the washing will be on the line for all to see. When the blame game starts the real reason for a lack of "X" will be clear. No money, no political will, no manpower resource management, or piss poor police leadership, all laid bare.

The Police are not social workers and they should be apolitical. They should submit what they require to achieve what society demands of them free of constraint. It is up to Government ( Central and Local ) to provide the beans. If not enough beans, the politicians can justify the shortfall. If given enough resources to achieve an aim, and they fail to do it, then the police should be held accountable. At present with little or no resources, the frontline are getting the blame for not achieving the impossible. The public should made fully aware of that fact.

And then I woke up.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

I agree with most of that.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

There was a very moving programme about poverty in Britain shown on BBC1 last Monday evening ( at the silly hour of 23-40) - it is called : Professor Green: Living in Poverty. I watched for around 15 minutes and had to stop watching as it was getting to me, as hard a bastard as I am over 67 years of life. I would recommend watching it to anyone concerned with poverty here in the UK, it's probably on BBCI-Player now I would imagine. It was the suffering of the children that got to me.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
There was a very moving programme about poverty in Britain shown on BBC1 last Monday evening ( at the silly hour of 23-40) - it is called : Professor Green: Living in Poverty. I watched for around 15 minutes and had to stop watching as it was getting to me, as hard a bastard as I am over 67 years of life. I would recommend watching it to anyone concerned with poverty here in the UK, it's probably on BBCI-Player now I would imagine. It was the suffering of the children that got to me.

I find there is a certain mentality, usually working class Tory voters who believe there is no real poverty within the UK.
But there are a growing number of slackers who cant or wont help themselves earn/gain a living.

Meanwhile Children go hungry and that's totally wrong. Maybe its these things which should be given a national debate.
The national media and the likes of Jeremy Kyle tend to feed into piss poor conclusions.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:45 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

interesting perspective KK. I agree that the problem is that we have a growing 'underclass' who are disenfranchised from society.

They tend to be feckless as parents, and produce 'feral' children. The whole family is out of control, and has a complete disregard for authority of any kind, and even for their neighbours.

They feel the world owes them a living, and steal, beg and scrounge off the state with no compunction whatever, believing it is their 'right' so to do.

It is this horrid group of people that give the GENUINE needy, and the GENUINE poor, and even the GENUINE 'working class; (whatever that is these days) a bad name.

I believe that the welfare state should be there - and we pay our taxes to support - those in need. The hard part for politicians is being able to filter out the wasters and greedy from the disadvantaged and needy. I would willingly pay more tax tomorrow if it could go to the latter and not the former.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am 
Manager
Manager

I believe state benefits should be awarded based on family behaviour and educational attainment whenever possible.
Plus work that helps the community.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I believe state benefits should be awarded based on family behaviour and educational attainment whenever possible.
Plus work that helps the community.

How would those who failed to meet the necessary standards sustain themselves?

Would they be a) likely to starve or b) likely to indulge in criminal activities to fund themselves?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand