Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I believe state benefits should be awarded based on family behaviour and educational attainment whenever possible.
Plus work that helps the community.


How would those who failed to meet the necessary standards sustain themselves?

Would they be a) likely to starve or b) likely to indulge in criminal activities to fund themselves?


Form an orderly queue.

Slices of bread to you left, on the top table you will find the toaster.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21413
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I believe state benefits should be awarded based on family behaviour and educational attainment whenever possible.
Plus work that helps the community.


How would those who failed to meet the necessary standards sustain themselves?

Would they be a) likely to starve or b) likely to indulge in criminal activities to fund themselves?


Form an orderly queue.

Slices of bread to you left, on the top table you will find the toaster.


And you believe that would prevent them turning to criminal behaviour instead?

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
I see the Tories who write on this site are not commenting on the UN findings this week.


Imagine if this had been done on the watch of Jeremy Corbyn.

Sometimes its what you don't write.


https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2018/ ... st-as-bad/

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
You can mainly view the UN findings in two ways, that they should be minding their own business or they are largely correct. I think it highlights that there are serious issues that need looking at by the Government as a matter of urgency once the monster of Brexit has been sorted, if not before. Politicians of all parties are too busy posturing and self serving to address this issue across all parties for the benefit of the people who are suffering badly under it.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21413
Location: Four Oaks
The findings highlight the awful reality of poverty and all politicians should be holding their heads in shame and looking at this sort of issue as a priority. The Tories austerity policies have certainly contributed big time to the way things are but I also believe that some of the seeds were sown due to the policies of the previous Labour Government. If a Corbyn government were elected you would expect this to be given absolute priority but I fear there will be other matters which steer him away from this and the overriding desire for state control, "class warfare", and anti Israel and US sentiment will become the defining issues.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
On a recent trip to Germany, I was truly staggered by the number of homeless people, of both sexes in the very affluent city of Dusseldorf. I lived and worked in Germany for 27 years and never ever imagined that this country would have homelessness on the scale I saw. It's not just here, it's everywhere.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
gladbachwolf wrote:
On a recent trip to Germany, I was truly staggered by the number of homeless people, of both sexes in the very affluent city of Dusseldorf. I lived and worked in Germany for 27 years and never ever imagined that this country would have homelessness on the scale I saw. It's not just here, it's everywhere.


It used to be the cheap labour into Germany would arrive from Romania and Bulgaria, then Turks started arriving.
Now Africa is arriving with no one German city wishing to look more pleasant to them than others.
So they maintain fewer hostels and such which creates such situations.
Another key was for all their efficiency Germany created their own housing crisis through poor planning.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 12004
The original foreign workforce in Germany were the Italians after the war, then the Turks soon after. Eastern Europeans had no access to the west because of the Iron Curtain until the 1990s, and then the integration of them into the EU in the early 2000s.

In its own perverse way the Iron Curtain helped eradicate widescale economic migration in Europe.

_________________
Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
The original foreign workforce in Germany were the Italians after the war, then the Turks soon after. Eastern Europeans had no access to the west because of the Iron Curtain until the 1990s, and then the integration of them into the EU in the early 2000s.

In its own perverse way the Iron Curtain helped eradicate widescale economic migration in Europe.


When the wall came down the yearly flow from East Germany on average was about 250k which continued for the next decade.

Not sure what it is these days.

Whats amusing is that you get Brits who think Jeremy Corbyn would install similar East German socialism.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Feeling guilty at Christmas

Do you?


With more and more people homeless and sleeping rough.

More and more kids within families having to use food banks.

Do you cast a few thoughts their way at Christmas time?

Is it acceptable?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18807
knocker knowles wrote:
Feeling guilty at Christmas

Do you?


With more and more people homeless and sleeping rough.

More and more kids within families having to use food banks.

Do you cast a few thoughts their way at Christmas time?

Is it acceptable?


No
No and no.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4553
Location: London
suiging wrote:
When poor Stephen Lawrence was murdered by white men, it was as if the world was coming to an end.

If the same " coming together" within the black community could be achieved when they kill each other, we may get some way down the line to stopping this carnage.

It is a tragic joke that black lives seem not to matter within the black community if the killers are black.


Truth of the matter is the local CID were in the pay of the killers parents, who were semi organised crime, 'racism' wasn't the reason they weren't arrested, corruption was. Of course black on white murders are a magnitude larger than white on black murders.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21413
Location: Four Oaks
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
suiging wrote:
When poor Stephen Lawrence was murdered by white men, it was as if the world was coming to an end.

If the same " coming together" within the black community could be achieved when they kill each other, we may get some way down the line to stopping this carnage.

It is a tragic joke that black lives seem not to matter within the black community if the killers are black.


Truth of the matter is the local CID were in the pay of the killers parents, who were semi organised crime, 'racism' wasn't the reason they weren't arrested, corruption was. Of course black on white murders are a magnitude larger than white on black murders.


That was an accusation made. I'm not sure it was ever confirmed as the truth.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Tory MPs using foodbanks for photo opportunities, No Shame.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:08 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-lo ... g-15703296


Good for Palace. Others please follow suit. Every little helps.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
3,000 workers at Patisserie Valerie are losing their jobs because the bosses had their fingers in the till to the tune of £40million....

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4092
knocker knowles wrote:
3,000 workers at Patisserie Valerie are losing their jobs because the bosses had their fingers in the till to the tune of £40million....



too many fingers in not enough pies then .....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
3,000 workers at Patisserie Valerie are losing their jobs because the bosses had their fingers in the till to the tune of £40million....



too many fingers in not enough pies then .....



Tories breed this unregulated culture, the ordinary worker is then the one to suffer.

Happens decade after decade.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17058
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
3,000 workers at Patisserie Valerie are losing their jobs because the bosses had their fingers in the till to the tune of £40million....



too many fingers in not enough pies then .....



Tories breed this unregulated culture, the ordinary worker is then the one to suffer.

Happens decade after decade.


I refer you to statistics from the seventies. The current rate of business failure is 30% less than under those grim Labour dominated years.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
3,000 workers at Patisserie Valerie are losing their jobs because the bosses had their fingers in the till to the tune of £40million....[/quote]


too many fingers in not enough pies then .....[/quote]


Tories breed this unregulated culture, the ordinary worker is then the one to suffer.

Happens decade after decade.[/quote]

I refer you to statistics from the seventies. The current rate of business failure is 30% less than under those grim Labour dominated years.[/quote]

Your using Tory statistics, theres a massive black market out there unregulated who rise and fall continually.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Just how do some folk pass their driving test.


https://www.itv.com/news/central/2019-0 ... ts-ticket/

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8011
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46891392

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
gladbachwolf wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46891392



There are no excuses but the Tories through their media have created an acceptability of such crimes.

Just think of the homeless these past few nights, and try and understand how that could have been you.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21413
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46891392



There are no excuses but the Tories through their media have created an acceptability of such crimes.

Just think of the homeless these past few nights, and try and understand how that could have been you.


I'm not sure what you mean by crimes in this context unless it is the crime of homelessness and I don't understand why only the Tory media are supposedly influencing this when there are plenty of left wing and neutral organisations around which can and do publicize such issues . However, it is a sad indictment of the country that such levels of homelessness exist and the Tories surely do have some culpability but it is also a pity that the Labour Administration of 1997-2010 did not tackle the issue effectively when they had money coming out of their ears. It just seems to me that you keep allowing your prejudices to define the causes of situations.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:52 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Here we go the Tories creating very cheap front line services, today the Police force, tomorrow your Nurses.

Norfolk police hire civilians on zero hour contracts to guard crime scenes...
The gig economy reaches our police forces.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:35 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4092
knocker knowles wrote:
Here we go the Tories creating very cheap front line services, today the Police force, tomorrow your Nurses.

Norfolk police hire civilians on zero hour contracts to guard crime scenes...
The gig economy reaches our police forces.


yep disgraceful - and open to manipulation and abuse by those that want/need to do so.

Its like the selling off/centralisation of overnight holding cells- pathetic decision which undermines the very nature of the so called 'deterrent' of being arrested- and the removal of Jail sentences for crimes that would result in a sentence of less than 6 month...where will it end?

Once the implementation of the deterrent of crime (never mind the punishment of crime ) becomes "too expensive" then what next for society...you see citizens taking the implementation into their own hands.

The police should not be able to action these sorts of changes without central agreement - if that means more budget then so be it.

Everything is politics & money these days.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
I think there is a case for each household to specify in writing their preferred areas of funding.


Hopefully then they get the bits they like while also losing the bits they don't.

More transparency for the tax payer.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17058
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
I think there is a case for each household to specify in writing their preferred areas of funding.


Hopefully then they get the bits they like while also losing the bits they don't.

More transparency for the tax payer.


Quite the silliest post for some time KK. How would any authority plan it's services based on individual households desires ?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Last edited by suiging on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18807
knocker knowles wrote:
I think there is a case for each household to specify in writing their preferred areas of funding.


Hopefully then they get the bits they like while also losing the bits they don't.

More transparency for the tax payer.


Ha ha ha Jesus Christ on a bike, I hope the option of "Fuck All" is a tikkenabox option. :roll:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I think there is a case for each household to specify in writing their preferred areas of funding.


Hopefully then they get the bits they like while also losing the bits they don't.

More transparency for the tax payer.


Quite the silliest post for some time KK. How would any authority plan it's services based on individual households desires ?


I can see the Tories linking spending in each region to what each council can raise through its own taxation.
Helping the rich parts of the country while ignoring those who struggle to pay.

I see an ex Tory is running for Labour in the next local elections, Penn Ward.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron