Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 pm 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
I hope every Republican is prepared to give up their house for the cause including you. When that's the case, come back and discuss the politics of envy from a position of moral strength.

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
In the past two years alone, overseas taxpayers have taken dividends totalling nearly £1bn from companies which make their profits from UK households and passengers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 74048.html

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:52 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Privatisation was supposed to make the services provided better if not cheaper, but that is bloody ridiculous, you simply do not put national assets into foreign hands.

I'm not sure what the EU Laws allow on taxation, but the UK should try to get a withholding taxation rule on profits earned in the UK. However, these losses of revenue overseas are classed as Dividends so perhaps other profits are taxed in the UK - I don't know for sure.

Still, whichever way you look at it, it means foreign based investors are trousering money that would be better kept on the island itself.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:33 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
Is there not a sense of irony at play here, the folk (not you Mozzi the wider "folk") on the left complaining about "foreigners" coming in to take the services, have problems with National Identity ?

If Corbyn and his crew don't believe in "borders", who do they think are foreign ?

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:43 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
George Osborne 'to scrap free school meals for infants' - despite pledge in 2015 Conservative manifesto

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... 09664.html

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:50 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19165
Location: WV4 and WL4
knocker knowles wrote:
George Osborne 'to scrap free school meals for infants' - despite pledge in 2015 Conservative manifesto

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... 09664.html


pledge. a solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something.

What is the point of these pledges and manifestos, if they are not contractually binding?

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
PLEDGE......Something you spray on something old and knackered in order to sell it to the gullible (sometimes smells like you feel if you fall into believe it...A lemon)

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5548
suiging wrote:
Is there not a sense of irony at play here, the folk (not you Mozzi the wider "folk") on the left complaining about "foreigners" coming in to take the services, have problems with National Identity ?

If Corbyn and his crew don't believe in "borders", who do they think are foreign ?


ive no idea how you reach that conclusion from the article - unless the straw men are deliberate

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:38 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 35062
Location: S E London, near Kent
chriskamara wrote:
suiging wrote:
Is there not a sense of irony at play here, the folk (not you Mozzi the wider "folk") on the left complaining about "foreigners" coming in to take the services, have problems with National Identity ?

If Corbyn and his crew don't believe in "borders", who do they think are foreign ?


ive no idea how you reach that conclusion from the article - unless the straw men are deliberate


It went over my head as well. :smt017

The Tory strategy of encouraging foreign "investment" and pillage (licences given to the highest bidder for short-term gain) of Britain's resources and wealth have no connection with us giving charity to the deserving needy.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5548
SELWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:
suiging wrote:
Is there not a sense of irony at play here, the folk (not you Mozzi the wider "folk") on the left complaining about "foreigners" coming in to take the services, have problems with National Identity ?

If Corbyn and his crew don't believe in "borders", who do they think are foreign ?


ive no idea how you reach that conclusion from the article - unless the straw men are deliberate


It went over my head as well. :smt017

The Tory strategy of encouraging foreign "investment" and pillage (licences given to the highest bidder for short-term gain) of Britain's resources and wealth have no connection with us giving charity to the deserving needy.


you never know - they might decide to privatise the monarchy next

china are more than welcome to them imo

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 35062
Location: S E London, near Kent
chriskamara wrote:

you never know - they might decide to privatise the monarchy next

china are more than welcome to them imo


Come on chris; just think of all the money the nation rakes in from tourists. Wonder if it costs more to finance them, though? :?

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5548
SELWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:

you never know - they might decide to privatise the monarchy next

china are more than welcome to them imo


Come on chris; just think of all the money the nation rakes in from tourists. Wonder if it costs more to finance them, though? :?


paris remains a more popular tourist destination than london

perhaps it might be worth adopting their policy towards monarchy - everybody wins

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 35062
Location: S E London, near Kent
chriskamara wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:

you never know - they might decide to privatise the monarchy next

china are more than welcome to them imo


Come on chris; just think of all the money the nation rakes in from tourists. Wonder if it costs more to finance them, though? :?


paris remains a more popular tourist destination than london

perhaps it might be worth adopting their policy towards monarchy - everybody wins


Very good. :lol:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:39 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
SELWolf wrote:
chriskamara wrote:
suiging wrote:
Is there not a sense of irony at play here, the folk (not you Mozzi the wider "folk") on the left complaining about "foreigners" coming in to take the services, have problems with National Identity ?

If Corbyn and his crew don't believe in "borders", who do they think are foreign ?


ive no idea how you reach that conclusion from the article - unless the straw men are deliberate


It went over my head as well. :smt017

The Tory strategy of encouraging foreign "investment" and pillage (licences given to the highest bidder for short-term gain) of Britain's resources and wealth have no connection with us giving charity to the deserving needy.



Not my fault if you lot cor keep up :P

The Tory leadership are going down a very dark path here, with the recent announcement on Chinese Investment. They think they can "out think" the Chinese. They think they will be able to control them after giving them the whole fookin backdoor into Britain. Good luck with that, they can't.

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 35062
Location: S E London, near Kent
suiging wrote:

The Tory leadership are going down a very dark path here, with the recent announcement on Chinese Investment. They think they can "out think" the Chinese. They think they will be able to control them after giving them the whole fookin backdoor into Britain. Good luck with that, they can't.

They're selling out again, this time over nuclear power and nuclear waste. The Chines are laughing all of the way to the bank.

Thatcher started this lark and we're paying for it. Future generations are in for a very rough ride and who knows there may be a flood of indigenous folk fleeing out of the country into mainland Europe claiming refugee status later this century.

And I know that Labour rode on the back of the same policies.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:21 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
True dat SEL. But will JC challenge the Government on these real issues at the next PMQT ?

Or will we have more from Charlotte, a currently between scripts thespian from Slough who wishes to raise awareness of the plight of Black ,one legged, Welsh, vegan, dyslexic, single parent, partially sighted lesbians from Hackney, who have been denied breast enlargement on the NHS ?

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell tells Sky News Labour will launch a review of HMRC and taxation policies to lift the burden on the poorest.....

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell tells Sky News Labour will launch a review of HMRC and taxation policies to lift the burden on the poorest.....



Selective in your quote there Knocker me old......

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell tells Sky News Labour will launch a review of HMRC and taxation policies to lift the burden on the poorest.....



Selective in your quote there Knocker me old......



It was worth noting the member of parliament who was standing in the house of commons asking for government help for the steel industry was Labour.

With the Tories firmly detached from the people, they have little compassion and think nothing of another 1,700 people joining the dole queue.

Just imagine if that was a Bank rather than a Steel works.

Then its just a case of how much do you want.

The saddest thing is there are people losing their jobs in Redcar who voted for this Government, those fuckers will never learn.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:53 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell tells Sky News Labour will launch a review of HMRC and taxation policies to lift the burden on the poorest.....



Selective in your quote there Knocker me old......



It was worth noting the member of parliament who was standing in the house of commons asking for government help for the steel industry was Labour.

With the Tories firmly detached from the people, they have little compassion and think nothing of another 1,700 people joining the dole queue.

Just imagine if that was a Bank rather than a Steel works.

Then its just a case of how much do you want.

The saddest thing is there are people losing their jobs in Redcar who voted for this Government, those fuckers will never learn.


The people up there undoubtedly have worked bloody hard and are proud of their plant. The reality of steel as a commodity, losing 3/4 of it's value within a year, has made the owners question how they can continue in that location. They are not a charity, they are a business.

What exactly would you like the Government to do ? Take over the loss making business with tax payers money and then lose your (tax payers) money ? If so, where do you draw the line in the future ? If Mr Patel's corner shop is going under, does UK Inc step in ? If no, why not, surely he has the same rights to a job as a man from Redcar ?

The "steel history" argument is interesting. Didn't help the Potteries, hasn't helped with the shipyards. Is there an argument for Redcar steel......I really don't know, as if you are fair and allow them to run at a loss, why not the many other "heritage" industries out there ?

Can a Nation ever be sustainable if it runs all business' at a loss ? I know Corbynomics just says print more money and everything will be fine, but have you ever heard of The South Sea Bubble ....

Very very sad.

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Last edited by suiging on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 35062
Location: S E London, near Kent
knocker knowles wrote:

The saddest thing is there are people losing their jobs in Redcar who voted for this Government, those fuckers will never learn.


To be honest, KK, I'm not sad about that at all. They got what they wished for.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:11 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
1700 UK steel jobs axed, Total of 7000 jobs hit, UK still imports 10m tonnes of steel, Osborne begs China to bid for 0.8m tonne HS2 Steel deal.

Do people realise the human rights issues within China or the conditions under which Cheap Steel is produced, smog city.

Do people understand how British trade tariffs have been removed while other countries receive state subsidy.

If the wish is to continue with this fallacy called market forces they will make even more of the Midlands and North ghost towns.

You know what lets just hope it doesn't happen to us..Lets all think self rather than community.

The clocks been ticking on this English vision that thinks Manufacturing production can be done elsewhere while continuing an over reliance on banking and service industries.

Wake up.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:27 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
One man's trade tariff, is another man's Tory subsidy for the privileged factory owner .

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:15 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
One man's trade tariff, is another man's Tory subsidy for the privileged factory owner .


What pisses me off is the fact that billions of pounds will be trousered ( will go missing ) by unscrupulous Tory ministers and their mates in the City from HS2.

Meanwhile a large proportion of Teeside will be placed into abject poverty.


Germans look after German workers, French look after French, why do English look after everyone but their own.


Can the next English Bank that over extends in the derivatives markets be allowed to go bust please.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:30 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 3967
sometimes it scares me when I agree with Knocker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:50 am 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
davejonesears wrote:
sometimes it scares me when I agree with Knocker


I come to terms with those thoughts by bracketing them with dental surgery, or epidurals

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25232
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
sometimes it scares me when I agree with Knocker


I come to terms with those thoughts by bracketing them with dental surgery, or epidurals


Its pretty irrelevant to me what you view is, what I do appreciate is that you have an open mind and a clear view on such matters.

I would guess I disagree with close to 80% of everything people write regards football, when it comes to politics that decreases to approximately 60%...

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21352
Location: Four Oaks
Both of those percentages look a bit low to me KK.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4627
Location: Staffordshire
knocker knowles wrote:
Germans look after German workers, French look after French, why do English look after everyone but their own.


.....and it has been this way for decades.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 pm 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 16940
Location: Moved
desiwulf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Germans look after German workers, French look after French, why do English look after everyone but their own.


.....and it has been this way for decades.


Colonial guilt, perpetuated by the left who have no pride in their countries history and wish to make the current generation wish they were Belgian

_________________
Don't go around saying the world owes you anything, it was here first. Mark Twain


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.