Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Theory.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I would hold the parents responsible for their children actions.

Knocker, if I allowed our two to behave, like some of these modern day scrotes, I'd be ashamed of myself. Our Joe had to leave a class early last week, to get ready to play football for the school, but he apologised to the teacher, for having to do this. This behaviour was noted, and reported back. It seems that manners and respect, a cornerstone of the British family, has now been forgotten.

I dont get it, why have good manners and respect been allowed to deteriorate in places like school buildings when it could have an overall effect on ALL childrens development.

What I found teaching football in schools was there was a culture of excuses, with parents dumbfounded when I told them I dont accept excuses.
They either did it right or were turned away. Once you start to compromise you tend to start losing more battles than you win.

Surely most parents want their kids to do well, so should seek a disciplined environment for their children.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 am 
Manager
Manager

I have been totally gobsmacked by current British parental attitudes.

The "Village" I'm in has a web site. A gang of young kids ride the range on scooters. They have recently taken to playing chicken with cars and some of the bleeders have been known to throw said scooter under passing cars in the hope of getting a new one.

Some very polite folk pointed out this behaviour on the site as they couldn't catch the little sods to take them in from of their mammy's. They asked nicely if parents of said scrotes could have a word with little Johnny/Jemima before he/she became a hood ornament.

Parents of these inbreds were up in arms. How could they be held responsible for telling their kid to behave ? Kids are kids and they do what they like. Not only that, if anyone had the effrontery to shout at their beloved, they would come and fill them in.

The country"s f*&^%d

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:

The "Village" I'm in has a web site. A gang of young kids ride the range on scooters. They have recently taken to playing chicken with cars and some of the bleeders have been known to throw said scooter under passing cars in the hope of getting a new one.

Some very polite folk pointed out this behaviour on the site as they couldn't catch the little sods to take them in from of their mammy's. They asked nicely if parents of said scrotes could have a word with little Johnny/Jemima before he/she became a hood ornament.

Parents of these inbreds were up in arms. How could they be held responsible for telling their kid to behave ? Kids are kids and they do what they like. Not only that, if anyone had the effrontery to shout at their beloved, they would come and fill them in.

The country"s f*&^%d

He that liveth by the sword shall die by the sword...when they get run over & both legs broken tell em not to come running to you...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:01 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

The country"s f*&^%d

But thats the whole point they have to become accountable, so how does society go about bringing back responsibility.

I would have also thought School teachers have to not only teach subjects to kids but teach them such things as respect and good manners.

When did Schools start giving up?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

The country"s f*&^%d

But thats the whole point they have to become accountable, so how does society go about bringing back responsibility.

I would have also thought School teachers have to not only teach subjects to kids but teach them such things as respect and good manners.

When did Schools start giving up?

Mentioned this before: "The Retreat of Reason---Anthony Browne." Read it mate, all explained

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am 
Manager
Manager

Any school teachers who use this forum wish to add their views

Has that profession been reduced in its effectiveness?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/j ... -to-blame/

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand