Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: This Government.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:53 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Looks now that Jeremy Corbyn got the balance right throughout the country. You weren't watching were you.

His party got the 2ND most seats and votes didn't it? Behind the Tories? Labour have roughly got back to where they were in 2010 now - more work to do on that balance I'm afraid.

When you consider the character assassination slurs and downright lies thrown at Jeremy these past two years coupled with a denial of positive coverage the blokes done great.

From that position 20-25 points back in the polls to where he is now gaining over 40 percentage points that's impressive.

I have always thought since the late sixties into the seventies the media gains about 4 perhaps 5 million extra votes for the Tories.

Just imagine Jeremy starting off on equal terms in a two horse race, he would win comprehensively.

Thems the odds and the battle we have to fight.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:52 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Looks now that Jeremy Corbyn got the balance right throughout the country. You weren't watching were you.

His party got the 2ND most seats and votes didn't it? Behind the Tories? Labour have roughly got back to where they were in 2010 now - more work to do on that balance I'm afraid.

When you consider the character assassination slurs and downright lies thrown at Jeremy these past two years coupled with a denial of positive coverage the blokes done great.

From that position 20-25 points back in the polls to where he is now gaining over 40 percentage points that's impressive.

I have always thought since the late sixties into the seventies the media gains about 4 perhaps 5 million extra votes for the Tories.

Just imagine Jeremy starting off on equal terms in a two horse race, he would win comprehensively.

Thems the odds and the battle we have to fight.

What lies would those be Knocker ?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Over half the nation wants May to resign. How on earth can she lead Brexit negotiations? She would be walking in naked as she once said.

GO, GO, GO.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:19 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Over half the nation wants May to resign. How on earth can she lead Brexit negotiations? She would be walking in naked as she once said.

GO, GO, GO.

The PM won't be conducting negotiations in any case, that was always her own bullshit. The negotiations will be conducted between the minister responsible (at present David Davis) and a team of civil servants and lawyers. These same civil servants would have been there had Labour won too.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

GO, GO, GO.

The PM won't be conducting negotiations in any case, that was always her own bullshit. The negotiations will be conducted between the minister responsible (at present David Davis) and a team of civil servants and lawyers. These same civil servants would have been there had Labour won too.

That's her own fault. People now think she's weak and a bullshitter, and not right for the job of negotiations. Can't have your cake and eat it!

Quite frankly incredulous that May would make the FOCAL point of this election the 'strong and stable for Brexit' issue while then refusing to debate anybody face to face. Did she really think the public are so moronic to not somehow link those 2 things and not buy it?

I've noticed even Murdoch....sorry The Sun... has now turned on her. Putting Gove back in is obviously her way to try and kiss Murdoch's ass and save her own. I hope it fucking fails and she's made to embarrassingly resign like Cameron had to.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:06 am 
Manager
Manager

]Over half the nation wants May to resign. How on earth can she lead Brexit negotiations? She would be walking in naked as she once said.

GO, GO, GO.[/quote]

The PM won't be conducting negotiations in any case, that was always her own bullshit. The negotiations will be conducted between the minister responsible (at present David Davis) and a team of civil servants and lawyers. These same civil servants would have been there had Labour won too.[/quote]

That's her own fault. People now think she's weak and a bullshitter, and not right for the job of negotiations. Can't have your cake and eat it!

Quite frankly incredulous that May would make the FOCAL point of this election the 'strong and stable for Brexit' issue while then refusing to debate anybody face to face. Did she really think the public are so moronic to not somehow link those 2 things and not buy it?

I've noticed even Murdoch....sorry The Sun... has now turned on her. Putting Gove back in is obviously her way to try and kiss Murdoch's ass and save her own. I hope it fucking fails and she's made to embarrassingly resign like Cameron had to.[/quote]

You have to understand the theory as laid out by Tories through the decades to understand May and her lack of detail, because she has none.

She hasn't got a fuckin clue what Brexit is, not a clue, never did have but she follows her masters voice.

If your above 40 years old and English for the past thirty odd years you have received non stop brain washing through the Sun/Mail/Express and BBC about the negatives of being in the EU.

During that time if your sole political education is newsprint and television you have been roundly fucked by the establishment voice.

They want you to once again believe in British Empire, not 1950's Britain but a Britain going back to 1900.
Its bollocks of course.

The UK is now a middling European country without a manufacturing base and over reliant on a financial sector.

Ask your UKIP voter what he really wants, he votes for a fantasy and in very vague terms, in slogans and soundbites the Tories were filling that void, that lack of self education.

But guess what people under 40 say Fuck that bollocks, we can see the reality is different to the rhetoric.
We can see the need for properly funded hospitals and Schools and for a far better social policy which reflects a caring nation.

Its game on because part of Britain has awakened.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Totally amazing. The paragraph on the EU .....well, talk about an about turn.

Anyone who doesn't see the light is deluded, uneducated and not worthy of their vote.

Anyone remember hearing this sort of rhetoric from their time in history classes ?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:31 am 
Manager
Manager

If we can't afford to house everyone in this country in safety then we can't afford to call ourselves a civilised society.

Those who advocate cuts and the loosening of regulations have a price to pay if their figures fail to work out.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Why did the Queen have to announce this governments legislative programme, today, for the next TWO YEARS, instead of one, does that mean there will be no state opening of Parliament next year???

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Why did the Queen have to announce this governments legislative programme, today, for the next TWO YEARS, instead of one, does that mean there will be no state opening of Parliament next year???

The Tories change the rules as they go a long, its like the boy who takes his ball home if his side is losing.
Rascals for it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

The Tories change the rules as they go a long, its like the boy who takes his ball home if his side is losing.
Rascals for it.

Whilst Labour of course have always been totally straight and honest. :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Its a victory for Labour but more so for the general public that much of the extreme rubbish the Tories wished to get through over this parliament has been binned.

Well done Jeremy Corbyn, your continually making them back track.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Its a victory for Labour but more so for the general public that much of the extreme rubbish the Tories wished to get through over this parliament has been binned.

Well done Jeremy Corbyn, your continually making them back track.

Is it down to JC or simply the ineptitude of TM?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Here's a quick quiz.

Which political party when in power in 2006, took the issuing of fire-certificates for tower blocks away from the fire brigade and gave the job to the local councils......( which they mostly controlled ) ?

I'll give you a clue...the party begins with an " L". (Psssst...... it' wasn't the Liberals !!)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Here's a quick quiz.

Which political party when in power in 2006, took the issuing of fire-certificates for tower blocks away from the fire brigade and gave the job to the local councils......( which they mostly controlled ) ?

I'll give you a clue...the party begins with an " L". (Psssst...... it' wasn't the Liberals !!)

Was it the Lesbians?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
Here's a quick quiz.

Was it the Lesbians?

Clise. ...........They are a load of fannys though

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

This government pays 40k of your money to fly the Irish leader Arlene Foster home.

I think she has them in her pocket, and its a big deep pocket.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
This government pays 40k of your money to fly the Irish leader Arlene Foster home.

I'm waiting for the DUPto make good their threat and publish how much Labour and the SNP offered them in the past. Perhaps this hypocrisy will come to an end then

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I'm waiting for the DUPto make good their threat and publish how much Labour and the SNP offered them in the past. Perhaps this hypocrisy will come to an end then

If we want to talk about hypocrisy. How about all the Tory MPs and cabinet members who voted to stop nurses getting a pay rise last week, now seemly all for removing the pay cap entirely when it becomes clear it's where the public view is heading. Talk about faux concern.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

If we want to talk about hypocrisy. How about all the Tory MPs and cabinet members who voted to stop nurses getting a pay rise last week, now seemly all for removing the pay cap entirely when it becomes clear it's where the public view is heading. Talk about faux concern.

Too true. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the failings of the " bloody" Tory morons. It's just the alternative doesn't bare thinking about.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

GO, GO, GO.

I've noticed even Murdoch....sorry The Sun... has now turned on her. Putting Gove back in is obviously her way to try and kiss Murdoch's ass and save her own. I hope it fucking fails and she's made to embarrassingly resign like Cameron had to.

I happen to think the public are moronic for voting dpendant on an americanised TV debate to be honest.
Why do we need our politicians to follow this pathetic TV Celeb trend...maybe Simon -wanker-Cowell could decide the next PM or Ant and fucking Dec the next cabinet.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

mayve theyve had lessons from Corbyn?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 am 
Manager
Manager

The hypocrisy is when the Tories say we have to live within our means then spend billions bailing out their own pet projects.
Meanwhile austerity measures undertaken and continued will see the UK plunge into recession by the end of the year.

Schools should be made to teach politics so that the children grow up understanding such things as Quantitative easing.

A measure Tories use to double the national debt while cutting front line services.

There's your hypocrisy, Quantitative easing.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If my teachers had been spouting about quantative easing as well as logarithmic determinants, the rise and fall of the Whigs, Chaucer's use of English and the fall of the Roman Empire, I'm sure I would have become far more attentive. :roll:

The bout of quantative easing to which you refer was instigated in 2009 and the majority of the government investment in it took place in 2009/10 when, of course, a Labour government was in power. I notice previously that you have indicated that the severe recession of 2008 was a worldwide issue and hardly Labour's fault so why would this inherited position be the fault of the Tories?

We have some serious issues with public finances but let's not be one eyed about it, they are problems over which governments have to make choices and, whilst Labour and Conservative may take different approaches, their effect is still limited in a worldwide economy. In an earlier post you were advocating the Keynesian model aimed at boosting public spending to improve job prospects for the less well off, QE is not far removed from that although it is more about encouraging private spending to boost the economy and you seem to be decrying it as an evil.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
If my teachers had been spouting about quantative easing as well as logarithmic determinants, the rise and fall of the Whigs, Chaucer's use of English and the fall of the Roman Empire, I'm sure I would have become far more attentive. :roll:

The bout of quantative easing to which you refer was instigated in 2009 and the majority of the government investment in it took place in 2009/10 when, of course, a Labour government was in power. I notice previously that you have indicated that the severe recession of 2008 was a worldwide issue and hardly Labour's fault so why would this inherited position be the fault of the Tories?

We have some serious issues with public finances but let's not be one eyed about it, they are problems over which governments have to make choices and, whilst Labour and Conservative may take different approaches, their effect is still limited in a worldwide economy. In an earlier post you were advocating the Keynesian model aimed at boosting public spending to improve job prospects for the less well off, QE is not far removed from that although it is more about encouraging private spending to boost the economy and you seem to be decrying it as an evil.

Hete we go again. Calling the boy out on Codynesque rhetoric is not wanted and he certainly wont listen.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:32 am 
Manager
Manager

The point stands the hypocrisy of Tories calling out Labour for having massive spending plans, with this money tree bollocks while pretending to let the free market go its natural course.

Meanwhile by stealth feeding the private markets though quantitative easing. Doubling the national debt in the process.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:18 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
The point stands the hypocrisy of Tories calling out Labour for having massive spending plans, with this money tree bollocks while pretending to let the free market go its natural course.

Meanwhile by stealth feeding the private markets though quantitative easing. Doubling the national debt in the process.

But, as I say, the vast majority of the QE took place in 2009/10. Labour's spending plans as proposed would also likely increase the national debt further.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

But, as I say, the vast majority of the QE took place in 2009/10. Labour's spending plans as proposed would also likely increase the national debt further.

Different priorities, Corbyn would look on the financial industry much like Iceland did.

Blair/Brown followed the mantra as laid down by Thatcher spit, light regulation which led to high risk and chancers taking gamblers decisions.
Rather than beef up the stock market and within that provide false share capital to shareholders Jeremy would create banks to invest in industry.
To actually make stuff to sell rather than this puddled idea of just manufacturing money on a key board transaction.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Different priorities, Corbyn would look on the financial industry much like Iceland did.

Blair/Brown followed the mantra as laid down by Thatcher spit, light regulation which led to high risk and chancers taking gamblers decisions.
Rather than beef up the stock market and within that provide false share capital to shareholders Jeremy would create banks to invest in industry.
To actually make stuff to sell rather than this puddled idea of just manufacturing money on a key board transaction.

All sounds wonderful, but what investors will come in the days of globalisation to a country where unions set pay scales across industries and can call strikes on political grounds or simply at a whim ? 70s labour laws were confined to history for a reason. Corbyn bringing them back will destroy this country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand