Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Plebs
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thank goodness that there were sufficient Plebs on the ground around Westminster to curtail that deadly cowardly attack by a twisted creature of filth thereby potentially saving more families from grieving over a loved one gone today.
The Bobby killed, was no more or less a victim of those evil deeds done in the name of a cause few people care about. What people actually care deeply about is freedom, security, life, democracy, equality, all things that our great country stands for and steadfastly provides to its citizens regardless of enemy.
Ironically, the very same thing that this coward craved is being given to him hand over fist 24/7, that is publicity. It is the price we have to pay I suppose for a society fed by 24 hour need for information to fill tv screens, phones, tablets etc.
One thing this government has provided over the last five or so years is that they have provided the Counter Terror Services the wherewithal within law to deal with these people effectively. It is one of the few areas in British Law that one can commit an offence by NOT doing something, rather than being guilty of actually doing something.

RIP to those victims and their families and I wish them every comfort in their grief and hope that they can come to terms with the senseless nonsense which took them away.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Plebs
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Amen.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
Amen.

Yep, +1.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very well put.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 am 
Manager
Manager

Pitched that bang on Roz, I guess there will be more Plebs on the gate from this day forward.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:04 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

This could have been far worse, but our police dealt with the situation superbly. Exceptional professional response, disabled the attacker, then showed those scum bags what civilised people do by trying to save his life.

The only silver lining to this cloud, is highlighting the fantastic job our police do every day.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:37 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Will Mr Mitchell expect to ride his bike through that gate without being stopped because "everyone knows who he is"?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Will Mr Mitchell expect to ride his bike through that gate without being stopped because "everyone knows who he is"?

Hopefully, LB, a pleb would taser him...:-)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:

This is why I used the term Pleb LB. It is only a few years since members of this same government referred to the Police outside their palace in such terms. They are now roundly regarded as heroes and the worlds best, I bet none of the officers have changed one iota in those years though.

Teresa May and her hatchet man Tom Winsor have systematically dismantled the Police over the last four years using funding cuts and lack of recruitment to the point that provincial forces outside the Met are broken.They have purposefully demoralised the same people that they are now beatifying at every speaking opportunity,.... hypocrites.

I shed a tear for a fallen colleague and hoped his death was swift and painless and in company. I bet he did not consider himself a hero as he strode towards a threat that his masters were running away from. I bet his family and friends would swap a case of golden medals and empty praise for his life back in an instant.

I hope his death go's somewhere to restoring a balance where Police Officers are routinely treated with respect and dignity by all parts of the society they serve willingly. They are without doubt the best Police Officers in the world bar none, it is about time society greeted them in life instead of lauding them in death.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:

This is why I used the term Pleb LB. It is only a few years since members of this same government referred to the Police outside their palace in such terms. They are now roundly regarded as heroes and the worlds best, I bet none of the officers have changed one iota in those years though.

Teresa May and her hatchet man Tom Winsor have systematically dismantled the Police over the last four years using funding cuts and lack of recruitment to the point that provincial forces outside the Met are broken.They have purposefully demoralised the same people that they are now beatifying at every speaking opportunity,.... hypocrites.

I shed a tear for a fallen colleague and hoped his death was swift and painless and in company. I bet he did not consider himself a hero as he strode towards a threat that his masters were running away from. I bet his family and friends would swap a case of golden medals and empty praise for his life back in an instant.

I hope his death go's somewhere to restoring a balance where Police Officers are routinely treated with respect and dignity by all parts of the society they serve willingly. They are without doubt the best Police Officers in the world bar none, it is about time society greeted them in life instead of lauding them in death.

I remember back in day how the Police "specials" were looked down on and that was even by the proper police.Today i see pcso's in my local schools and my kids always know who they are and when they see them out and about they run to have a chat.Approachable good people who bring a positive image of the police force to the young.
Yes it gets your back up when you see all the hyped praise by those politicians who continually **** those on the front line,whether first responders,ambulance drivers,doc,nurses or soldiers etc
There was a report on the radio after it happened and they went into a few details and at the end they said "but the Prime Minister is safe" Really

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

We do tend to take certain things for granted and don't view them in real perspective so perhaps its time to have a little think about our front line services.

With the Police force, just think do we show them enough respect every time we meet or see one.

We used to, Don't you think this incident shows they have earned it. Show respect.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:25 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:

Spoken from the heart...Amen to that.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:

Spoken from the heart...Amen to that.

+1

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
We do tend to take certain things for granted and don't view them in real perspective so perhaps its time to have a little think about our front line services.

With the Police force, just think do we show them enough respect every time we meet or see one.

We used to, Don't you think this incident shows they have earned it. Show respect.

Everyone deserves respect, whether it be a policeman/woman or anyone else, unless they have behaved in a way that proves they don't deserve it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Everyone deserves respect, whether it be a policeman/woman or anyone else, unless they have behaved in a way that proves they don't deserve it.

That is logical captain.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

That is logical captain.

Except of course for the SNP, who refused to suspend their so called assembly as a mark of respect for the fallen, until all other party members threatened to walk out.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand