Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
Anyone of any race, colour, nationality or creed, should be welcome in this country as long as they add value to the community and live peacefully abiding by our national laws.

A contradictions in terms. This isn't Hong Kong we are an actual proper country and people. England, Wales, Scotland and Britain are all lands named after the people who inhabit them, not the other way around.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
suiging wrote:
Anyone of any race, colour, nationality or creed, should be welcome in this country as long as they add value to the community and live peacefully abiding by our national laws.

A contradictions in terms. This isn't Hong Kong we are an actual proper country and people. England, Wales, Scotland and Britain are all lands named after the people who inhabit them, not the other way around.

We are a United Kingdom.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:04 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
suiging wrote:

We are a United Kingdom.

Of what, Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This isn't the US, and even the Americans never used to conceive of themselves as a 'universal nation'.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

We are a sovereign nation with our own set of laws both common and by statute. We are nation of traders and we are also a people who have welcomed those who add value, to come and enrich our society. Add value, or fuck-off.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

I don't see this United Kingdom I see ever growing divisions between individual nations and the divisions between have and have nots within society.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Once the terms of leaving are known by the electorate should those terms be voted on by the electorate by way of referendum.

Otherwise as it stands we have Turkeys voting for Christmas.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-sto ... -1-5321037

No we had the vote- its time to at least pretend to honour it.

To have yet another & try and expect the electorate to understand the nuances of such a deal would be a ridiculous waste of time- what exactly would be the point?

Unless of course its the same point both Labour and it seems some Tories are making which is to frustrate , delay , undermine and ultimately derail it - regardless of the effect that will have.

As for Turkeys voting for christmas ...I say YET AGAIN - my undertsanding was you voted out- would the gentleman like to clarify his position on his previous vote.?

still no comment ?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

http://uk.businessinsider.com/iain-dunc ... it-2017-12

Funny how he never said this when campaigning to leave.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... gotiations

Fact based study showing just how far behind the EU we are. And why, despite all the bravado by certain politicians who are trying to con you, we'll cave to everything the EU asks for in future negotiations.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/12/why-uk-has-weakest-hand-brexit-negotiations

Fact based study showing just how far behind the EU we are. And why, despite all the bravado by certain politicians who are trying to con you, we'll cave to everything the EU asks for in future negotiations.

Interesting. However, Eaton is a hard line remainer and has an army of underlings trawling for any "study" he can find to undermine the Government and Brexit. Lies damn lies and statistics, works both ways.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2017/12/why-uk-has-weakest-hand-brexit-negotiations

Interesting. However, Eaton is a hard line remainer and has an army of underlings trawling for any "study" he can find to undermine the Government and Brexit. Lies damn lies and statistics, works both ways.

Everyone has an angle, as they say. But I find it telling that Brexit supporters don't seem to be able to show any of the same statistics to back their own argument up.

Here's what the ex-head of MI6 thinks about our future...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Depressing, eh? But don't worry I'm sure we can feel better by reminding ourselves how we use to have an empire and won a world war etc.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dearlove another ex-head, thinks the opposite. His views of course not printed in the Guardian.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
suiging wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Everyone has an angle, as they say. But I find it telling that Brexit supporters don't seem to be able to show any of the same statistics to back their own argument up.

Here's what the ex-head of MI6 thinks about our future...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Depressing, eh? But don't worry I'm sure we can feel better by reminding ourselves how we use to have an empire and won a world war etc.

The NewStatesman and the Guardian I better read them as Im sure they will give an unbiased view in the same way as the BBC and Channel 4 do.

tbh I dont need to quote statistice as I dont feel the overriding desire to prove how wrong everyone else is.

I really cant be bothered tbh ...there is only one statstic I'm bothered about ...and Im sure you know which one that is :)

However I will take no glee if it proves eventualy that it was the wrong decision- there will be no shadenfreude- not from me anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

At the end of the day, Parliament on behalf of the people voted for a referendum. The people in that referendum voted to leave. We'll all just have to see how it goes.

That is if you believe in democracy. 8)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:35 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Of course the Tories will cave in to the EU, its what they do when challenged.

Whats amusing is watching the right wing media be that the BBC or newsprint trying to prop up a failed and abject leader in May.

They cant stop gushing that she made it through phase one.
Failing to state she promised to pay untold billions, back tracked on Ireland, and Workers rights for Eu nationals.

Now comes the tough part where Barnier really shoves it to them.

Show the bright side to that you right wing muts, reaches for the popcorn.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
At the end of the day, Parliament on behalf of the people voted for a referendum. The people in that referendum voted to leave. We'll all just have to see how it goes.

Yes you are right. But any deal has to make the other 48% of people who voted to stay happy. Or you'll have chaos. Also we voted to leave, nothing in that referendum suggested how we would leave or what deal would be in place after we left.

No Brexit is more likely to happen than a hard Brexit. You're going to have to accept that just as much as I have to accept we're leaving.

You wanted more sovereignty brought back to our parliament right? well here it is :) don't complain when they use it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
suiging wrote:

Yes you are right. But any deal has to make the other 48% of people who voted to stay happy. Or you'll have chaos. Also we voted to leave, nothing in that referendum suggested how we would leave or what deal would be in place after we left.

No Brexit is more likely to happen than a hard Brexit. You're going to have to accept that just as much as I have to accept we're leaving.

You wanted more sovereignty brought back to our parliament right? well here it is :) don't complain when they use it.

Yes, I suppose bringing sovereignty back to parliament only works if those in parliament have the highest ideals and are not self-serving spotty frogs. I/we forgot that bit

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

http://www.cityam.com/277807/uk-has-jus ... iness-2018

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:56 pm 
YTS

This supports the view:
It wasn't broken. It didn't need to be fixed.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:22 am 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
This supports the view:

Unfortunately Cameron was faced with back bench rebellion so put it to the people to try and save his political party.

And from that the country suffers and will continue to suffer.

Another cabinet minster gone, its a good job the media are considerate to May, she should be finished.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
raggedwolf wrote:
This supports the view:

Unfortunately Cameron was faced with back bench rebellion so put it to the people to try and save his political party.

And from that the country suffers and will continue to suffer.

Another cabinet minster gone, its a good job the media are considerate to May, she should be finished.

Ms May has acted on an historical wrong and sacked a close ally and friend.

"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA".[22]

This historical wrong was uttered by an ex-employee ( sacked ) of the GLC. He is now a prominent member of the Shadow Cabinet. Who thinks he should be held accountable ?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

There is an interesting question, should Ireland be united as one nation.

Would a single nation prosper within the European community enjoying the single market and customs union?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:46 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Would a single nation prosper within the European community enjoying the single market and customs union?

Do you think the DUP will go for that???

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Do you think the DUP will go for that???

Protestant paramilitary groups would make the IRA look like choirboys

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 am 
Manager
Manager

I see Westland helicopters would sooner have a Corbyn government than an exit from the EU.

First time in his life he's got something right.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:57 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I see Westland helicopters would sooner have a Corbyn government than an exit from the EU.

Are you saying a Labour government would reverse the reverend?.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

A Labour government would carry out whats written in its manifesto without constant U turns.

Democracy constantly evolves.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:58 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

A Labour government would carry out whats written in its manifesto without constant U turns.

Democracy constantly evolves.

Hahahahahahaha. It's the way you tell 'em. The Labour opposition are constantly u turning at the moment.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

So after months of telling the world that the UK would leave the EU with no deal over a bad deal, David Davis is now complaining that the EU took him at face value and have prepared for a no deal.

The guy is a moron and I don't get how people can't see that.

https://www.ft.com/content/7306b972-f49 ... 65a6ce1a00

Even our own lawyers have told him what the EU have done isn't illegal. You know you're screwed when even your own lawyers tell you not to bother.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

UK manufacturing at a ten year high.

Nice negotiating fact that. FACT.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:20 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
UK manufacturing at a ten year high.

Nice negotiating fact that. FACT.

It's at a high because we tanked our own currency 30% overnight which boosted exports.

That's like chopping off your own foot and proclaiming yourself a genius because your shoe bill just halved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 29  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand