Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:29 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

And yet we find the only contender for the Tory leadership not promising pie in the sky is Rory Stewart.
So much for facts and reason when you can get away with bluster.

If you want to know about Bluster and self promotion you need look no further than bloody Rory-I saved Afghanistan single-handedly - Stewart...did you know they call him Florence of Belgravia btw?

I have repeatedly highlighted how he is the epitome of all that's wrong with the class system, the very essence of all you purport to abhor Knocker and you never explain why you choose to ignore that ...still he panders to your remainist propaganda I suppose..however belated that may be.

He is in my opinion nowt but a privileged twat.

Away from the character assassination, Rory Stewart is the only contender thus far to be forthcoming with an actual plan.
The EU will not renegotiate on the agreed May deal, what these other Tories are doing is dangerous for the country.
NO DEAL = Fucked up country.

Character Assassination? Jesus Christ Knocker , pot kettle springs to mind .

I am merely pointing out that he is nought but a privileged oik & that normally those of his ilk are those you regularly deride on here.
However because he wants to remain and thats the position you shifted to along with your momentum buddies after the GE then he is supposedly the ONLY one who can singlehandedly save this country...yeah right.

Now Raab on the other hand the son of an immigrant who went to Grammar school & from what I have seen has done much more than little laud Florence has done you deride purely because he would enact a No deal if needs be (note however that's not his prefered choice!).

Out of the two Raab is by far the less silver spooned, has done more and he also has a plan.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Whats the Raab plan?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Whats the Raab plan?

I would like to say the direct opposite of Corbyn's plan, but as he doesn't have one, I can't. Needless to say it will be an economic model not based on Venezuela. And a foreign policy which does not give sovereignty of our country to it's enemies.

Hang on, that is the direct opposite of Corbyn's plan.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:36 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Whats the Raab plan?

Deflection again...you are funny.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Whats the Raab plan?

No, Not really I thought I had missed something regards Raab and he must have spoken of a new Brexit plan.
The last I heard was he would close down Parliament and plunge the UK into a No Deal situation.

Whats the update?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Whats the Raab plan?

No, Not really I thought I had missed something regards Raab and he must have spoken of a new Brexit plan.
The last I heard was he would close down Parliament and plunge the UK into a No Deal situation.

Whats the update?

It looks like you have answered your own question about the Raab plan there. Maybe there is no update on that yet.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Whats the Raab plan?

Whats the update?

err no it was deflection as you continue to ignore my appraisal of Rodderick and how he is someone who - at any other juncture- you would be kicking at every opportunity.

Raab has a plan- you may not like it - that's your prerogative-but he does have one- and he has of course dealt wit the EU previously so it well aware of what to expect.

Unlike your favourite who has not dealt with anyone other than a few "potters in Afghanistan"- to quote a colleague who was with him.
As for his 'plan'....what ?set up a citizens Jury to break the impasse...what a laugh
Has he not been listening to the news and monitoring the electoral voting patterns & many discussion forums (such as this) over the last 3 years.

Exactly what does he think that will achieve ?

It will achieve absolutely nothing except to give another vehicle to those that shout the loudest and will only server to further highlight the already deep divisions.

What we need is leadership not further buck passing- however difficult it may be & in contrast to Mays previous feeble conciliatory attempts.

His 'plan' is farcical!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Sorry I'm still unsure on the Raab plan beyond his wild fantasy that the EU will start fresh negotiations.

How did you feel each contender faired on the Channel 4 program?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:04 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

In fairness DJE is his plan any more farcical than destabilising the economy making us a laughing stock across Europe and causing huge division across the country where none existed before to protect the seats of a few Europhobe obssesives on the Tory backbenches from UKIP ?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:27 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
In fairness DJE is his plan any more farcical than destabilising the economy making us a laughing stock across Europe and causing huge division across the country where none existed before to protect the seats of a few Europhobe obssesives on the Tory backbenches from UKIP ?

That's you opinion of course and you are entitled to it- it has been a continued mantra of those that wanted to remain from the start & I disagree with it.
It's somewhat trite & dismissive of vast swathes of the populous, and really misses the point.

The point is whether you like it or not those divisions were not created by this vote they have merely been made visible ,laid bare for all to see & as per Pandora's box once opened they cannot just be put back in.
The vote merely provided a vehicle by which those that wished to could make their feelings known- that shouldn't detract from the fact people voted for it.

As for Raab's plan I have merely pointed out to Knocker that it stands up to greater scrutiny - as does the man - than that of the new darling of the media Roderick Stewart who advocates a citizens body of 500 to sort it out.

A citizens body wtf ...is he still smoking that bloody opium pipe?!

We have over 600 MP's ..who continue to REFUSE to sort it out, and we had a citizens body of over 32 millions that 'discussed' it IN 2016...but hey 500 men (and women) true and strong will miraculously now resolve the impasse where the great minds and the good all have previously fallen.

An absolutely pathetic idea and passing the buck yet again from a man who in another life Knocker would have first up against the wall come the glorious revolution.

Knocker has repeatedly ignored me questioning his love in with this privileged oik of the landed gentry- I find that intriguing ...but not surprising.

edited to say

I misunderstood the gist of your post RW I see you were comparing Stewarts plan to Rabbs ...but you get my drift...I think Stewart's idea is truly stupid.

Last edited by davejonesears on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Sorry I'm still unsure on the Raab plan beyond his wild fantasy that the EU will start fresh negotiations.

How did you feel each contender faired on the Channel 4 program?

I didn't watch it- we are not America (god forbid) -we should not be following this trial by media bollocks -I'm not interested.

We don't have a say , only Tory members have a say - and rightly so.

I didn't see you baying for a TV interview for the Labour Leadership - I bet there would have been some interesting questions leveled at Mr Corbyn if there were.

The only reason the famous five attended is that they were scared that if they didn't they would loose some sort of face with the public.

Boris has the right idea...I'm only surprised he's giving the BBC (of all people) the chance to stick their oar in yet again with their unbiased audiences.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Almost half of card carrying Conservative members would be happy for Nigel Farage to become their party’s leader.

In a YouGov survey 46 per cent said that if he joined the Conservatives and stood for their leadership they would be happy for him to win.

Sad feckers.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Almost half of card carrying Conservative members would be happy for Nigel Farage to become their party’s leader.

In a YouGov survey 46 per cent said that if he joined the Conservatives and stood for their leadership they would be happy for him to win.

Sad feckers.

And who do you think lifelong Labour voters in the industrial North will turn to, when they realise voting Labour is a vote for remain ?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Sad feckers.

And who do you think lifelong Labour voters in the industrial North will turn to, when they realise voting Labour is a vote for remain ?

That's another debate, why do the people in the north blame the EU for their decline rather than successive UK governments of all colours?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Sad feckers.

That's another debate, why do the people in the north blame the EU for their decline rather than successive UK governments of all colours?

Why don't you answer the question? You call Conservative voters "sad feckers" for turning to Farage when you know full well in certain areas of the country, outside your supposedly despised elites and University towns, Labour supports will push the Conservatives out of their way in their rush to join Nigel and the boys.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:06 am 
Manager
Manager

]Almost half of card carrying Conservative members would be happy for Nigel Farage to become their party’s leader.

Sad feckers.[/quote]

And who do you think lifelong Labour voters in the industrial North will turn to, when they realise voting Labour is a vote for remain ?[/quote]

That's another debate, why do the people in the north blame the EU for their decline rather than successive UK governments of all colours?[/quote]

Why don't you answer the question? You call Conservative voters "sad feckers" for turning to Farage when you know full well in certain areas of the country, outside your supposedly despised elites and University towns, Labour supports will push the Conservatives out of their way in their rush to join Nigel and the boys.[/quote]

Because I would have to look for the reasons Labour voters would turn away from the only party which would look after their interests.
And within that question why do these people think Labour no longer looks after their interests.
Before asking why these people are fooled by the likes of Farage and Johnson who are nothing but spivs.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

Since 1999, the UK has only voted against 2% of EU laws - of which most of them were related to tax avoidance regulation.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Since 1999, the UK has only voted against 2% of EU laws - of which most of them were related to tax avoidance regulation.

Are you at it again with fake news Knocker? Perhaps you can reveal your source.

I have found the link below which includes a list claiming to be of the 72 laws which were passed against our will over the previous 20 years. I don't know if the list is correct or not but if it is I can't see that any of the 72 are about tax avoidance regulations. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to which tax avoidance regulations the UK voted against. Just 3 or 4 of them would be useful information.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ill/22/01/

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by Grieve & Beckett- the targeting of the specific departments tells you all you need to know about these peoples and their morals-spiteful & vindictive bastards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48787708

In an attempt to block a no-deal Brexit, Conservative Dominic Grieve and Labour's Dame Margaret Beckett have tabled an amendment that would stop funding going to certain government departments if the UK leaves without a deal - unless it has been specifically approved by MPs.

If a vote in the Commons on Tuesday is successful, it would have the potential to cut off cash to four Whitehall departments - education, housing; communities and local government; international development; and work and pensions.

Under parliamentary procedure, MPs have to approve government spending, known as estimates, twice a year.

A spokesman for the prime minister said it would be "grossly irresponsible" to seek to stop a no-deal Brexit by blocking government spending.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Any sense of reality setting in from the Tory members, feckin loons would push for NO DEAL.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Any sense of reality setting in from the Tory members, feckin loons would push for NO DEAL.

They are only loons to those who believe that no deal is not a viable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Isn't it Corbyn's official policy to push for no-deal as well?

Three times he was given the chance to secure EU citizens' rights and UK citizens' rights in the EU, to assure that the Good Friday Agreement would be legally maintained in future and to ensure that UK businesses received a transition period to help protect their livelihoods and jobs...

....three times he whipped his party to vote against.

I bet he's a hero down at ERG HQ, even Moggy eventually voted for the deal.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Corbyn's been sat on that fence for so long now, it will collapse soon.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

What would you wish him do?

Labour's Lisa Nandy has said she would rather vote to revoke Article 50 and cancel Brexit altogether than leave the EU with no deal.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

What would you wish him do?

Labour's Lisa Nandy has said she would rather vote to revoke Article 50 and cancel Brexit altogether than leave the EU with no deal.

I think her constituents may having something to say about that.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

[quote="knocker knowles"]Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".[/quote

How undemocratic to regularly ensure that a public vote was not implemented to n the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:31 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".

But does Jezza mean a second referendum, a confirmatory vote, or a general election? Does he know?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn

But does Jezza mean a second referendum, a confirmatory vote, or a general election? Does he know?

Call a General Election, time to find out.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:00 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn

Call a General Election, time to find out.

lol yeah right of course that's the way to do it.
What are they going to put in their manifesto this time round-complete bunch of wankers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand