Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

]Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".[/quote]

But does Jezza mean a second referendum, a confirmatory vote, or a general election? Does he know?[/quote]

Call a General Election, time to find out.[/quote]

lol yeah right of course that's the way to do it.
What are they going to put in their manifesto this time round-complete bunch of wankers.[/quote]

I believe the next Labour party manifesto will give many people fresh hope. They need it.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
]Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".

But does Jezza mean a second referendum, a confirmatory vote, or a general election? Does he know?[/quote]

What are they going to put in their manifesto this time round-complete bunch of wankers.[/quote]

I believe the next Labour party manifesto will give many people fresh hope. They need it.[/quote]

And their voters in their Northern constituencies will believe all it contains because....?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
]Jeremy Corbyn

“This Government is now an irrelevance..The best thing would be to go back to the people and let them decide which way we go".

But does Jezza mean a second referendum, a confirmatory vote, or a general election? Does he know?

I believe the next Labour party manifesto will give many people fresh hope. They need it.[/quote]

Labour support now standing at 18%. If this government is irrelevant, what does that make Labour ?

And their voters in their Northern constituencies will believe all it contains because....?[/quote]

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
]Jeremy Corbyn

Only those who think like you Kk. Which I suspect is less than you imagine. Whatever is in the manifesto would soon become irrelevant anyway as the practicalities kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:03 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

but 'giving people hope' is not a policy that will wash with Brexit.

WHAT WILL LABOUR MANIFESTO SAY LABOUR WOULD DO .... if elected??

They cannot just say - we'll put it to the people again! Or can they?? That will piss many of their core voters who will feel betrayed. Is the Labour Party going to become the party of 'Remain', and try and attract the vote that went to the Liberal Democrats? Surely they are as much between a rock and a hard place as the Tories?

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:41 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

They cannot just say - we'll put it to the people again! Or can they?? That will piss many of their core voters who will feel betrayed. Is the Labour Party going to become the party of 'Remain', and try and attract the vote that went to the Liberal Democrats? Surely they are as much between a rock and a hard place as the Tories?

Depends when the next General Election arrives.

If its after the Tories take the UK to No Deal then I would expect the Labour Party to run with a return to what we have now.
There was a better way out, far better based on the Norway model, the Tories left the better options unexplored.
So Labour have to try and save jobs and within that the prevention of losses thought to be 90 billion. And counting.
The gravity of the situation will have hit home with people looking for some kind of cure to their massing problems.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:25 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Depends when the next General Election arrives.

If its after the Tories take the UK to No Deal then I would expect the Labour Party to run with a return to what we have now.
There was a better way out, far better based on the Norway model, the Tories left the better options unexplored.
So Labour have to try and save jobs and within that the prevention of losses thought to be 90 billion. And counting.
The gravity of the situation will have hit home with people looking for some kind of cure to their massing problems.

The Norway model is merely membership of the EFTA , two basic tenets of which are freedom of movement and acceptance of legislation in certain core areas...neither of which would be acceptable to the UK.

I know Switzerland has a bespoke agreement in place -they decided against joining the EU fully btw - so I know it can be done.

Indeed we had a bespoke agreement 'offered' -the WA -but that was deemed unacceptable by so many people of both sides of the house- repeatedly and by a substantial majority- so I think that can be ruled out.

I see Hammond et al are still stirring subversive currents of blocking a No Deal- but he and Grieve both know their tenure is coming to a close.
Indeed May should have sacked Hammond months ago , that she did not spoke volumes.

Again I state that at some point these 'tories' (small t) will need to decide to either block a no deal and allow Corbyn into No. 10 (or maybe even god forbid the Lib Dems) or hold their noses , accept the referendum result and their manifesto pledge and vote out.

It will be interesting to see what happens next .

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Are you referring to 90 billion job losses Kk or do you mean £90 billion to the economy? Either way, where have the calculations come from or had someone just plucked a figure out of the air?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Norway economy is based on almost draconian legislative powers to curb Trade Union activity.

All for it me.....

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

"90 billion job losses" would be in line with Corbyn's "jobs go first" Brexit he has been pursuing by consistently failing to approve the lifeline to businesses of a withdrawal agreement.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am 
Manager
Manager

London: British Finance Minister Philip Hammond warned on Tuesday that a disorderly UK departure from the European Union could result in a £90 billion ($114 billion, 100 billion euros) "hit" to the treasury.

"The government's analysis suggests that in a disruptive no-deal exit, there would a be a hit to the exchequer of about £90 billion pounds," he told a committee of MPs.

"That will also have to be factored in to future spending and tax decisions."

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:45 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
London: British Finance Minister Philip Hammond warned on Tuesday that a disorderly UK departure from the European Union could result in a £90 billion ($114 billion, 100 billion euros) "hit" to the treasury.

"The government's analysis suggests that in a disruptive no-deal exit, there would a be a hit to the exchequer of about £90 billion pounds," he told a committee of MPs.

"That will also have to be factored in to future spending and tax decisions."

Thank you for the response. Nice to see you accepting a Tory minister’s words when it suits you.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Surely the arguments now coming out of Europe are enough to scare even the hardest EU supporter on here ? If the unilateral appointments of Federalists, who have failed miserably in their own countries either politically or criminally, who are set to be the future leaders of the Reich, wasn't enough, have you not listened to Macron's argument ? It goes something like this: Either the EU takes control of the European monetary system completely, and moves quickly to it's own defence via a European Army, coupled with a centralised ( Brussels ) foreign policy, or the whole block is doomed.

Do you really want your money, defence, and foreign policies dictated to you by a failed and corrupt German, bolstered by a Belgian, kicked out of office by a vote of no confidence, and a Spaniard who is determined to get Gibraltar back no matter what it's people say, and is happy to support an independent Scotland but advocates tanks to crush the aspirations of the Catalans ? If not, are you happy to see Europe collapse taking your economy with it ? Those are the two futures predicted by the arch Europhiles France and Germany.

Come on remainers, which is your preferred option ?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

EFTA is now very close to signing a Free Trade Deal with the Mercosur countries.
The EFTA set of free trade deals is still growing and with the UK as a member they could strike more deals with more weight behind them.

Mercosur, the group of Latin American nations that late last week finally reached a trade agreement with the European Union after 20 years of trying could also conclude at least two more deals before the end of 2019...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
EFTA is now very close to signing a Free Trade Deal with the Mercosur countries.
The EFTA set of free trade deals is still growing and with the UK as a member they could strike more deals with more weight behind them.

Mercosur, the group of Latin American nations that late last week finally reached a trade agreement with the European Union after 20 years of trying could also conclude at least two more deals before the end of 2019...

yep the EU will be able to get cheap Beef as well ...from all the cattle they will replace the rain forest with- still they can replace our Beef exports cheaply I suppose.

Grazing land for cattle is one of the biggest destroyers of the Rain Forest (size of a football pitch size destroyed every minute I believe)

so no rain forest & loads more cattle with their gaseous by products exacerbating the environmental issue.

Fighting climate change my arse ,hypocrisy at its highest....that's the EU for you.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Surely the arguments now coming out of Europe are enough to scare even the hardest EU supporter on here ? If the unilateral appointments of Federalists, who have failed miserably in their own countries either politically or criminally, who are set to be the future leaders of the Reich, wasn't enough, have you not listened to Macron's argument ? It goes something like this: Either the EU takes control of the European monetary system completely, and moves quickly to it's own defence via a European Army, coupled with a centralised ( Brussels ) foreign policy, or the whole block is doomed.

Do you really want your money, defence, and foreign policies dictated to you by a failed and corrupt German, bolstered by a Belgian, kicked out of office by a vote of no confidence, and a Spaniard who is determined to get Gibraltar back no matter what it's people say, and is happy to support an independent Scotland but advocates tanks to crush the aspirations of the Catalans ? If not, are you happy to see Europe collapse taking your economy with it ? Those are the two futures predicted by the arch Europhiles France and Germany.

Come on remainers, which is your preferred option ?

yep - they started talking about immigration ...making out that they were listening to the concerns of the individual countries...they weren't.

They were merely positioning themselves to have a common immigration policy which will of course preclude a common foreign policy ...can't have one with out the other, then that's a prelude to a common force to enforce the common foreign policy ...can't have one without the other...

so a pretence of listening to immigration concerns must of course require a EU common foreign policy and a EU common army.

& that's how it works...insidiously replacing sovereign governments with a central one for the good of the people.

People who think its all about 'free' trade are quite simply idiots.

Like a business lunch,there's no such thing as a free one.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wow

The Unions have now thrown themselves onto the remain pile. They seem to have forgotten they represent the working man, not the luvvies of Islington. I think they will be reminded about out this simple fact in the near future. No amount of Abbott, Lady Muck, Old Mac and Jezza style "we know what's best for you," will stop Northern Man's sense of betrayal.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Wow

The Unions have now thrown themselves onto the remain pile. They seem to have forgotten they represent the working man, not the luvvies of Islington. I think they will be reminded about out this simple fact in the near future. No amount of Abbott, Lady Muck, Old Mac and Jezza style "we know what's best for you," will stop Northern Man's sense of betrayal.

Unfortunately Labour believe there are enough die hard supporters that will vote for them regardless of what they say.

This core voter , added to the fact they are hoping the return of their voters from the lib dems, coupled with the loss of those Labour voters who want Brexit going to the Brexit party rather than the Tory party (The "I'll never vote Tory in my Life" brigade) will split the vote and lead to them keeping the seat on a remain ticket.

That's my take on it anyway....but there will be clevererererer people that I working that demographic out I'm sure-(btw I don't include Corbyn in that I hasten to add).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:
Wow

Unfortunately Labour believe there are enough die hard supporters that will vote for them regardless of what they say.

This core voter , added to the fact they are hoping the return of their voters from the lib dems, coupled with the loss of those Labour voters who want Brexit going to the Brexit party rather than the Tory party (The "I'll never vote Tory in my Life" brigade) will split the vote and lead to them keeping the seat on a remain ticket.

That's my take on it anyway....but there will be clevererererer people that I working that demographic out I'm sure-(btw I don't include Corbyn in that I hasten to add).

I sit in bar every Saturday with my 93 year old Dad. I'm surrounded by life long Labour supporters, but nearly all voted out and say they will not vote for Labour again until they feel they care about them and not their neighbours in Islington. I believe them.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:
Wow

I sit in bar every Saturday with my 93 year old Dad. I'm surrounded by life long Labour supporters, but nearly all voted out and say they will not vote for Labour again until they feel they care about them and not their neighbours in Islington. I believe them.

I really really hope so - that will be fucking funny :)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Labour have REALLY fucked themselves now being the Remain party. Idiots. They have lost the thread of who actually supports them.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Labour have REALLY fucked themselves now being the Remain party. Idiots. They have lost the thread of who actually supports them.

If Labour becomes the party of remain because the Tories are throwing the nation over the cliff will no deal, isn't that supporting the working man by trying to prevent huge job losses?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:38 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

If Labour becomes the party of remain because the Tories are throwing the nation over the cliff will no deal, isn't that supporting the working man by trying to prevent huge job losses?

The working man as you refer to invariably voted to leave the EU, enough said really.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

The working man as you refer to invariably voted to leave the EU, enough said really.

They have forgotten where they come from, where they are, and who votes to keep them there. Throw a blanket over Jezza's, Abbott's, Butlers' etc etc - gaffs, and you not only get them, but you get a plethora of metro centric luvvies who are now guiding them and setting their party's agenda. The vegan-dinner party crowd, will drift away once Jezza fades into obscurity on his old bike, duffel coat flapping. Sadly ,as will the Labour Party unless they wake the fuck up and get back to socialism and their true roots and real supporters. Spotty faced communists from Essex Poly, DO NOT REPRESENT LABOUR !!! As soon as their gap year is over, Mummy will get them a job administering the family fund, and workers rights will be a distant memory. What the hell are they doing !!!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

No its not enough said really is it.

When those working class blokes voted out they did so on the presumption that the government could provide a parachute to the economic fall.
Now they find the fall is further than was expected and the parachutes gone missing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:
Labour party members and Labour party voters are mostly middle class people who voted to remain in the European Union, a survey has revealed. The YouGov poll has shown only 15 per cent of Labour voters in 2017 were working class Leavers.

The same group make up just six per cent of the party membership, in dramatic contrast to middle class Remainers, who represent 61 per cent.

When you combine middle and working class Remainers, they represent 81 per cent of Labour’s membership and two thirds (66 per cent) of voters in 2017.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/labour-v ... -10004961/

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shropswolf wrote:
Quote:
Labour party members and Labour party voters are mostly middle class people who voted to remain in the European Union, a survey has revealed. The YouGov poll has shown only 15 per cent of Labour voters in 2017 were working class Leavers.

The same group make up just six per cent of the party membership, in dramatic contrast to middle class Remainers, who represent 61 per cent.

When you combine middle and working class Remainers, they represent 81 per cent of Labour’s membership and two thirds (66 per cent) of voters in 2017.

That certainly cuts across the general perception that "Labour's working class thickos" voted leave but it doesn't fit well with analysis of the actual leave vote by constituency where it is suggested that 148 Labour constituencies voted leave. Was the sample taken by Yougov commensurate with constituency and geographical alignments? How far was it influenced for example, by excluding people who now say they are UKIP or BREXIT voters but may previously have been Labour when the referendum took place.

https://fullfact.org/online/referendum- ... stituency/

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Quote:

That certainly cuts across the general perception that "Labour's working class thickos" voted leave but it doesn't fit well with analysis of the actual leave vote by constituency where it is suggested that 148 Labour constituencies voted leave. Was the sample taken by Yougov commensurate with constituency and geographical alignments? How far was it influenced for example, by excluding people who now say they are UKIP or BREXIT voters but may previously have been Labour when the referendum took place.

https://fullfact.org/online/referendum- ... stituency/

To "win" a constituency you merely need one more vote than the 2nd placed candidate, not a majority, so it's not comparing apples and oranges if you're considering a yes/no issue.

Example:
In constituency X only 10,000 people come out to vote:

4000 vote Labour, 3000 vote Tory, 2001 vote UKIP, 999 vote Lib Dem

40% of the electorate voted Labour athe constituency becomes "a Labour constituency"

All Tory and UKIP voters wanted to leave in the EU poll, but all Labour and Lib Dem voters wanted to remain.

The constituency therefore was 5,001 leave vs 4,999 remain. It is therefore referred to as a "leave constituency".

If the same voters don't come out for Labour next time, it receives no votes.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Simply ludicrous.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
When those working class blokes voted out they did so on the presumption that the government could provide a parachute to the economic fall.
Now they find the fall is further than was expected and the parachutes gone missing.

Not what you said at the time - you thought they voted on immigration.

Knocker Knowles 22/6/16 Europe in or out thread:

"Whatever happens in the vote on Thursday, all politicians have been made aware that IMMIGRATION will be the massive vote winner come the next general election.

The cats out of the bag with the quiet white British working classes, they feel ignored.

Living inside the Westminster bubble they had not accepted the reality of this issue."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand