Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:13 am 
Manager
Manager

The point about Brexit was that it would bring economic ruin with the other stuff pretty much unknown.

The politicians asking people to leave had nothing more than a fantasy.

As time goes by more and more people see that sorry lot for what they are, and its not very pleasant.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
The point about Brexit was that it would bring economic ruin with the other stuff pretty much unknown.

As time goes by more and more people see that sorry lot for what they are, and its not very pleasant.

So why were you firmly nailing your mast to Brexit during the campaign?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

As time moves on everyone who voted out can see the sheer folly in their bad judgement.

Brexit talks start on Monday and we have no idea what we're doing.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/06 ... what-we-re

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

As time moves on everyone who voted out can see the sheer folly in their bad judgement.

Brexit talks start on Monday and we have no idea what we're doing.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/06 ... what-we-re[/quote

On a personal note I am so pleased that remainers are happy belonging to an unelected quango that is totally dominated by the Germans and backed up by the French poodles. Every law and every stipulation is drawn up and inflicted upon us by the unelected commission who very few people can even name more than one. They hate us. Absolutely hate us and only patronise us becauae we are their main cash cow.

Believe me, I would rather be ruled over by the old neo-marxist and gangsters sympathiser Jezza than being dictated to by tosspots like Merkel, Schultz, the god-like Macron and the bloody dreadful Junker and the anti-british Verhofstadt. At least we chuck Jezza out at election time. How you gonna change the EU criminals if you don' t like them?

They bloody hate us. Which means they hate you. At least Jezza loves us all.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
On a personal note I am so pleased that remainers are happy belonging to an unelected quango that is totally dominated by the Germans and backed up by the French poodles. Every law and every stipulation is drawn up and inflicted upon us by the unelected commission who very few people can even name more than one. They hate us. Absolutely hate us and only patronise us becauae we are their main cash cow.

Believe me, I would rather be ruled over by the old neo-marxist and gangsters sympathiser Jezza than being dictated to by tosspots like Merkel, Schultz, the god-like Macron and the bloody dreadful Junker and the anti-british Verhofstadt. At least we chuck Jezza out at election time. How you gonna change the EU criminals if you don' t like them?

Deano, you deffo missed your vocation in life, it ay too late to get yerself a soap box, chap. We are The Islanders, we are not Europeans really, apart from when we play the Ryder Cup :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Theresa May will face a “stalking horse” challenge to topple her as Prime Minister if she waters down Brexit, senior Tories have warned.

Here we go back to where Cameron bottled it during his tenure as opposite factions battle it out trying to gain THEIR deal.

Redwood as always at the forefront of these matters, nasty bastard that he is while good ole Ken Clarke tries to add a little responsibility to the argument.

Get the popcorn while this lot fall apart.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 am 
Manager
Manager

DUP demanding £2 BILLION QUID to keep Tories in power. Of course because there is no Magic Money Tree May will say no...

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
DUP demanding £2 BILLION QUID to keep Tories in power. Of course because there is no Magic Money Tree May will say no...

Well she can always cancel HS2 because there is enough there to pay for everything everywhere.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Well she can always cancel HS2 because there is enough there to pay for everything everywhere.

She'd get my vote next time if she did , the biggest waste of public money out.
A white Elephant Govnmt vanity project , started by Labour using incorrect figures scewed in to make it seem more economically viable than it ever was , and subsequently conitinued by the Tories for reasons best known to themselves.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Not a fan then :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:03 pm 
First XI
First XI

davejonesears wrote:

How you work that out? :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:

How you work that out? :lol:

Psychic?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

She'd get my vote next time if she did , the biggest waste of public money out.
A white Elephant Govnmt vanity project , started by Labour using incorrect figures scewed in to make it seem more economically viable than it ever was , and subsequently conitinued by the Tories for reasons best known to themselves.

The project was initially started in 1982 but it was John Major as prime minister in 1990 that brought the issue to the fore. Despite their respective images, he was a far more determined privatiser than her.
Railtrack , which eventually collapsed into liquidation and effective renationalisation as Network Rail.

In October 2008, Tory shadow minister, Theresa Villiers, told her party conference that a future Conservative government would not build a third runway at Heathrow it would instead build a high speed railway to Heathrow from Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds. It would enter London at St Pancras and continue underground to HeathroW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand