Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
If May debated with Corbyn he might point out that the Tories have almost TRIPLED UK debt while claiming they were paying it down.

No such thing as TV debates. They are simply schoolyard bulling sessions put on for the inane to pick a side based on makeup or the best sarcastic comment about in in-law. BBC presenters who wear their political medals on their rather tawdry sleeves,, line up their preferred candidates for that "killer jibe" and cut off any actual political debate if it isn't, in their opinion, "good telly". It is about time they were told to clean their act up or &%$@%&* off.

Thats complete bollocks and you know it, fuck me spin it because May would be found out in front of a massive audience.
She's a bit dim without cue cards and prepared soundbites but they dont want the general public to know the truth about this woman.

Corbyn would absolutely slaughter her when the discussion moved to front line services because each and every Tory policy has been a complete failure.

One has one's own opinion about the media. Funny I thought you had too ?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 am 
Manager
Manager

]If May debated with Corbyn he might point out that the Tories have almost TRIPLED UK debt while claiming they were paying it down.[/quote]

No such thing as TV debates. They are simply schoolyard bulling sessions put on for the inane to pick a side based on makeup or the best sarcastic comment about in in-law. BBC presenters who wear their political medals on their rather tawdry sleeves,, line up their preferred candidates for that "killer jibe" and cut off any actual political debate if it isn't, in their opinion, "good telly". It is about time they were told to clean their act up or &%$@%&* off.[/quote]

Thats complete bollocks and you know it, fuck me spin it because May would be found out in front of a massive audience.
She's a bit dim without cue cards and prepared soundbites but they dont want the general public to know the truth about this woman.

Corbyn would absolutely slaughter her when the discussion moved to front line services because each and every Tory policy has been a complete failure.[/quote]

One has one's own opinion about the media. Funny I thought you had too ?[/quote]

I think when you have these debates on tv you get to the crux of the person and the policy they promote.

Theres the opportunity to ask the big questions from all sides, I like that I want every politician to be accountable to the nation. Every one of them.

I want scrutiny, I want to see these people having to think on their feet having to answer the hard questions.

I think from that we get a more educated electorate and possibly better long term results.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:56 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
]If May debated with Corbyn he might point out that the Tories have almost TRIPLED UK debt while claiming they were paying it down.

No such thing as TV debates. They are simply schoolyard bulling sessions put on for the inane to pick a side based on makeup or the best sarcastic comment about in in-law. BBC presenters who wear their political medals on their rather tawdry sleeves,, line up their preferred candidates for that "killer jibe" and cut off any actual political debate if it isn't, in their opinion, "good telly". It is about time they were told to clean their act up or &%$@%&* off.[/quote]

Corbyn would absolutely slaughter her when the discussion moved to front line services because each and every Tory policy has been a complete failure.[/quote]

One has one's own opinion about the media. Funny I thought you had too ?[/quote]

I think when you have these debates on tv you get to the crux of the person and the policy they promote.

Theres the opportunity to ask the big questions from all sides, I like that I want every politician to be accountable to the nation. Every one of them.

I want scrutiny, I want to see these people having to think on their feet having to answer the hard questions.

I think from that we get a more educated electorate and possibly better long term results.
KK why is it that Mrs May wipes the floor with jezza at EVERY PMQ's.
Even the bloke from the SNP makes a better job of it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

What worries me even more is the possibility that Blair is going to make a comeback after this election!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

WolvesTowner wrote:
What worries me even more is the possibility that Blair is going to make a comeback after this election!

no he wont hes too busy making money in the good ol u s of a ...unless he feels he's milked that particular cow of course.

I could not see any of the british public being stupid enough to vote hin in as an MP...for christ sake surely not ... surely :(

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:51 am 
Manager
Manager

If as it seems one issue is the over riding factor for the voters in this General Election be careful what the consequences are for thinking Immigration, Immigration, Immigration.

In the Brexit negotiations, the UK must secure tariff free access to the single market.

Thats the key issue as far as I'm concerned because without that the UK goes down the economic shitter, its that simple, and I hope you understand that point.

So even though the Tories will decimate your Front line services reducing the quality of your health care, your schools, your safety in the streets, your still prepared to put Immigration as the all encompassing over riding factor.

And thats a gamble in itself, because why would the Tories reduce a cheap labour market, why in this globalized age would these profiteers do such a thing.

Are you really naive enough to think Tories care even a smidgen about anybody other than the one per cent, really.
Are you that brain washed?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:23 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
If as it seems one issue is the over riding factor for the voters in this General Election be careful what the consequences are for thinking Immigration, Immigration, Immigration.

In the Brexit negotiations, the UK must secure tariff free access to the single market.

Thats the key issue as far as I'm concerned because without that the UK goes down the economic shitter, its that simple, and I hope you understand that point.

So even though the Tories will decimate your Front line services reducing the quality of your health care, your schools, your safety in the streets, your still prepared to put Immigration as the all encompassing over riding factor.

And thats a gamble in itself, because why would the Tories reduce a cheap labour market, why in this globalized age would these profiteers do such a thing.

Are you really naive enough to think Tories care even a smidgen about anybody other than the one per cent, really.
Are you that brain washed?

Way way too late for all that, Knocker.

There's no hope of the EU letting a nation walk away from the group and still be able to hold the shiny goal of joining the group: tarif-free access to the single market.

Come the start of real negotiations with Macron president, the UK is going to get a thorough booting from the European side, and they are going to do everything to lure big companies out of the UK to kick start their own economies.

Now that everyone's seen that the wind is not blowing the way UKIP insisted it would (i.e. the imminent breakthrough of EU hostile parties across the continent), don't expect many friends to be on hand for the country that's jumped ship. The US, China et al will do trade deals with us very much on their own terms.

Immigration could have been reduced if the UK governments of the past decades (both sides) had imposed the same levels of controls as countries like Germany do when it comes to access to benefits and the amounts paid out.

Neither Labour nor the Conservatives have had the real answers and neither have any realistic answers for the future either.

The election decides who is going to carry the can for the shitstorm, seemingly Theresa is happy to don the facemask this time. If Labour can establish any sort of coherence and manage to find a proper leader then they have the consolation of a very good chance of retaking power by 2022.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 am 
Manager
Manager

WolvesTowner wrote:

He wouldn't even be able to win his own seat in a safe constituency.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:37 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Thoughts? :lol:Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Thoughts? :lol:Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Better chance than Blair or Corbyn. Worth considering....

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:31 am 
Manager
Manager

In LaLa Land Theresa May says every vote strengthens her hand with the 27 EU leaders who took a minute to agree it makes no fuckin difference.

Does anyone take any notice of this strong and stable bull-shine, she seems to me to be more Weird and Wobbly.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:56 am 
Manager
Manager

Introducing the new Home Secretary...

Quote:
Nick Ferrari: So how much would 10,000 police officers cost?

Diane Abbott: Well, erm... if we recruit the 10,000 police men and women over a four-year period, we believe it'll be about £300,000.

Nick Ferrari: £300,000 for 10,000 police officers? What are you paying them?

Diane Abbott: Haha, no. I mean, sorry...

Nick Ferrari: How much will they cost?

Diane Abbott: They will cost... they will, it will cost, erm, about... about £80million.

Nick Ferrari: About £80million? How do you get to that figure?

Diane Abbott: We get to that figure because we anticipate recruiting 25,000 extra police officers a year at least, over a period of four years and we're looking at both what average police wages are generally, but also specifically police wages in London.

Nick Ferrari: And this will be funded by the reversing in some instances I think the cuts to Capital Gains Tax, but I'm right in saying that since Jeremy Corbyn became the leader of the party, that money has also been promised to reverse spending cuts in education, spending cuts in arts, spending cuts in sports. The Conservatives will say you've spent this money already Diane Abbott.

Diane Abbott: Well, the Conservatives would say that. We've not promised the money to any area. We've just pointed out that the cuts in Capital Gains Tax will cost the taxpayer over £2billion and there are better ways of spending that money. But as we roll out our manifesto process, we are specifically saying how we will fund specific proposals and this morning I'm saying to you that we will fund the 10,000 extra police officers by using some, not all, but just some of the over £2billion.

Nick Ferrari: The £80million is the figure we used.

Diane Abbott: Yeah.

Nick Ferrari: But I don't understand., if you divide 80million by 10,000, you get 8,000. Is that what you're going to pay these policemen and women?

Diane Abbott: No, we're talking about, erm, a process over four years.

Nick Ferrari: I don't understand, what is he or she getting? 80million divided by 10,000 equals 8,000. What are these police officers going to be paid?

Diane Abbott: We will be paying them the average...

Nick Ferrari: Has this been thought through?

Diane Abbott: Of course it's been thought through.

Nick Ferrari: Where are the figures?

Diane Abbott: The figures are that the additional costs in year one when we anticipate recruiting about 250,000 policemen will be £64.3million.

Nick Ferrari: 250,000 policemen?

Diane Abbott: And women.

Nick Ferrari: So you're getting more than 10,000? You're recruiting 250,000?

Diane Abbott: No, we are recruiting 2,000 and perhaps 250.

Nick Ferrari: So where did 250,000 come from?

Diane Abbott: I think you said that, not me.

Nick Ferrari: No, no, I can assure you you said that figure because I wrote it down.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fuck my old boots.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Fuck my old boots.

Arr but with 250000 new coppers needed they will be drafting you back in. Cancel your pension and pay you £8k a year, what more could you want.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Fuck my old boots.

Arr but with 250000 new coppers needed they will be drafting you back in. Cancel your pension and pay you £8k a year, what more could you want.

I would get a new pair of boots at least ! How much is it for 250000 pairs of Magnum boots at 58 quid a piece for blokes, HANG ON, LADIES TOO. fuckin embarrassing. I blame the BBC.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Diane Abbott made herself and Labour look clueless.

At least after this election defeat, hopefully Labour will start again and come back stronger

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

At least after this election defeat, hopefully Labour will start again and come back stronger

One gaff, imagine the BBC showing the same relish when a Conservative minister does the same it doesn't happen, and thats sad for supposed democracy.

I though Abbott had a Dave Edwards moment, your a bit weak on your front bench team so you ask Dave Diane Edwards to step up and deliver, it just doesn't happen very often.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 am 
Manager
Manager

She should not be near office, and Labour should not be putting her up to speak, and only holds her position because of her being "close" to JC.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Labour spending plans will cost £63bn. Conservative tax giveaways to the wealthiest, which Labour would reverse, cost £73bn. Fully costed.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Labour spending plans will cost £63bn. Conservative tax giveaways to the wealthiest, which Labour would reverse, cost £73bn. Fully costed.

Careful mate. You can and should be detained under the Mental Health Act , if you keep that up.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:02 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

One gaff, imagine the BBC showing the same relish when a Conservative minister does the same it doesn't happen, and thats sad for supposed democracy.

I though Abbott had a Dave Edwards moment, your a bit weak on your front bench team so you ask Dave Diane Edwards to step up and deliver, it just doesn't happen very often.

Not one gaff. A fully briefed " spokeswoman " was found to try and put matters right. She fucked it up as well.

I genuinely take little pleasure in seeing the self- destruction of the only potentially viable opposition. Sad days.

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am 
Manager
Manager

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just been announced. The new season of The Zoo, will feature Chester's new breeding programme for Labour Councillors. They hope to create some new ones soon before they become extinct

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

All this talk of a General Election, is getting me down, we should all have a general erection, instead.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
All this talk of a General Election, is getting me down, we should all have a general erection, instead.

The voters are burying a stiff at the moment

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Embers wrote:

With a bit of slap on, Theresa May looks like she's just been dug up, and slipping her a length, is tantamount to necrophilia. She's got no arse, n'all.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Embers wrote:

With a bit of slap on, Theresa May looks like she's just been dug up, and slipping her a length, is tantamount to necrophilia. She's got no arse, n'all.

Corbyn has an arse called Abbott

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:40 am 
Manager
Manager

On the local front, I have heard good things about Andy Street the new mayor, nobody will work harder and he has an ability to get things done seems the phrase most used.

So good luck to the bloke.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Oooops. The little boy has finally removed his thumb from the dam :oops:

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:52 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Oooops. The little boy has finally removed his thumb from the dam :oops:

Whats all that about?

I also like the Mayor of Manchester, Liverpool and Bristol while also think the Mayor of London is a prick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand