Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don't just spoil your paper, soil your paper. We need a national dirty protest.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I suppose my logic is based around my ideals that EVERYONE eligible should vote EVERYTIME they have the opportunity to do so because that simple opportunity has cost many thousands of lives and is still denied to millions today. It is a thing that we in Britain take for granted yet it is one of the most important freedoms we have in a civilised society.
The fact that I had decided not to vote irritated me immensely and I began looking at things that should prompt me to vote, the social care issue is the proverbial straw as it were.
I still await Jez and Di fuckin it all up before the vote anyway so I might vote for the Tupperware Party and spoil my paper.
The polls are reflecting my concerns regarding the proposed social care policies and someone has finally grasped a very big nettle, a nettle with dog shit on it, and that is the Winter Fuel Allowance, as Granpa Simpson once quoted " I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment I'll raise hell"

I think as we are in a democracy we have the right not to vote as well.If you choose not to vote out of whatever principle i am fine with that.If it is because you can't be bothered then you give up any right to moan afterwards.
Anyway i said something on here many years ago about the government looking at the equity in people's homes and thinking how can we get at that.Maybe start counting it as part of means testing and having a government equity release scheme.Not far off.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Rozza wrote:
I suppose my logic is based around my ideals that EVERYONE eligible should vote EVERYTIME they have the opportunity to do so because that simple opportunity has cost many thousands of lives and is still denied to millions today. It is a thing that we in Britain take for granted yet it is one of the most important freedoms we have in a civilised society.
The fact that I had decided not to vote irritated me immensely and I began looking at things that should prompt me to vote, the social care issue is the proverbial straw as it were.
I still await Jez and Di fuckin it all up before the vote anyway so I might vote for the Tupperware Party and spoil my paper.
The polls are reflecting my concerns regarding the proposed social care policies and someone has finally grasped a very big nettle, a nettle with dog shit on it, and that is the Winter Fuel Allowance, as Granpa Simpson once quoted " I didn't earn it, I don't need it, but if they miss one payment I'll raise hell"

I think as we are in a democracy we have the right not to vote as well.If you choose not to vote out of whatever principle i am fine with that.If it is because you can't be bothered then you give up any right to moan afterwards.
Anyway i said something on here many years ago about the government looking at the equity in people's homes and thinking how can we get at that.Maybe start counting it as part of means testing and having a government equity release scheme.Not far off.

The main change in social care payments is that people previously would only have to potentially use their homes if they were actually in a care home and paying fees. The new proposals from the Tories are that if you require care AT HOME, you will have to pay the charges and use your house ( if necessary creating a debt to pay on your death) to pay those fees if you have assets, including your house, of greater than £100k. Your house up to now has not been treated as an asset if you are still at home receiving care. Another issue (which hasn't changed) is that if you require nursing care that is paid for under the NHS but if you just require care, that has to be paid for (e.g. Someone dying from cancer and requiring lots of medication probably needs nursing care but someone slowly deteriorating as a result of Alzheimer's may only need care).

I think the concern of many is that they feel they have been prudent and worked hard and paid a mortgage and have eventually managed to own a property which could be inherited by their next of kin. But there is a perception that many others have had the same opportunities but been reckless and feckless and enjoyed spending their money during life and do not have a house to pay for their care. Both sets will receive the same care.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:

The main change in social care payments is that people previously would only have to potentially use their homes if they were actually in a care home and paying fees. The new proposals from the Tories are that if you require care AT HOME, you will have to pay the charges and use your house ( if necessary creating a debt to pay on your death) to pay those fees if you have assets, including your house, of greater than £100k. Your house up to now has not been treated as an asset if you are still at home receiving care. Another issue (which hasn't changed) is that if you require nursing care that is paid for under the NHS but if you just require care, that has to be paid for (e.g. Someone dying from cancer and requiring lots of medication probably needs nursing care but someone slowly deteriorating as a result of Alzheimer's may only need care).

I think the concern of many is that they feel they have been prudent and worked hard and paid a mortgage and have eventually managed to own a property which could be inherited by their next of kin. But there is a perception that many others have had the same opportunities but been reckless and feckless and enjoyed spending their money during life and do not have a house to pay for their care. Both sets will receive the same care.

yep ...add to that buying the house probably meant working and paying NI so its a double whammy isnt it.
Basic care should be afforded both...or neither ...if someone wants enhamced care then fair enough they pay a difference.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Marr: Where do you get an extra £8bn for the NHS?
Damian Green: A lot of it is from retargeting money from elsewhere in the NHS

From the horses mouth as it were, this is the bloke who will become the new chancellor post General Election once May gives Hammond the elbow.

Another dodgy boy.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:37 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Marr: Where do you get an extra £8bn for the NHS?
Damian Green: A lot of it is from retargeting money from elsewhere in the NHS

From the horses mouth as it were, this is the bloke who will become the new chancellor post General Election once May gives Hammond the elbow.

Another dodgy boy.

For Christ's sakes, your man was sacked by bloody Ken Livingstone for blatantly telling porkies about London's finances, never mind letting the Marxist loose on the country's.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Warning this vehicle is reversing

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yes. The Tories got complacent with the big lead they had in the polls and thought they could get away with things. They are now saying that there would be a cap on total spend but won't define what that will be. If people are conned into changing their vote by the cap beware because it could be, say, £1m which is no help to the vast majority of those with an average size and value of house.

This is a major mistake by the Tories and Corbyn and his team need to press the advantage hard. They have made a start with Tuition fees (although my son is now £27k + interest in debt so it is a bit late for him) but they need to be careful about being sidetracked over such things as Corbyn's IRA allegiances.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Yes. The Tories got complacent with the big lead they had in the polls and thought they could get away with things. They are now saying that there would be a cap on total spend but won't define what that will be. If people are conned into changing their vote by the cap beware because it could be, say, £1m which is no help to the vast majority of those with an average size and value of house.

This is a major mistake by the Tories and Corbyn and his team need to press the advantage hard. They have made a start with Tuition fees (although my son is now £27k + interest in debt so it is a bit late for him) but they need to be careful about being sidetracked over such things as Corbyn's IRA allegiances.

The IRA stuff may have bothered me in the past but how many freedom fighters/rebels/murdering ***** have our government past and present helped in one way or another.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

And if there was a credible opposition, there would be many more

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

The IRA stuff may have bothered me in the past but how many freedom fighters/rebels/murdering ***** have our government past and present helped in one way or another.

How'd you feel now mate ? Manchester shows what terrorists do to families. Still not bothered by a man selective in his support for them potentially leading our country ?

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Such sadness hearing the overnight news from Manchester, it just makes you empty inside.

For all those families caught up in these events we try and share their sorrow.

What a terrible world we have allowed to be created where bombs are seen as an answer, they never were and never will be whoever chooses to use them.

Sad.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am 
Manager
Manager

It was about hypocrisy and nothing else.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Perfect timing for the Tories: all talk of the manifesto mess swept off the media agenda and May gets the chance to play up the leadership role and the need for "strong and stable" leadership in dangerous times.

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Perfect timing for the Tories: all talk of the manifesto mess swept off the media agenda and May gets the chance to play up the leadership role and the need for "strong and stable" leadership in dangerous times.

Thats true the Tory propaganda of Strong and Stable looked quite the opposite with May turning into Weak and Wobbly.
The 1922 committee will have seen all that and will have her replaced mid term during the next Parliament.
She's just fortunate that Dacre and Murdoch can cover up her failings and move the agenda on to personal attacks on Corbyn, lets face it they have fuck all else.

That interview with Andrew Neil was powderpuff yet still she was falling apart under very little pressure.
It was like watching Mohammad Ali, looking at the referee, saying come on I don't want to hit this sucker any more.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Iain Duncan Smith claimed £39 for a breakfast. Theresa May costed schoolchildrens' breakfasts at 7p each.

Think about that when you vote on 8 June.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:27 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Iain Duncan Smith claimed £39 for a breakfast. Theresa May costed schoolchildrens' breakfasts at 7p each.

Fook me, where does he go for breakfast, and what is he having, a T-Bone steak? How can you make a kid breakfast, for 7p? I know she looks old, but the days of threepence, farthings and shillings, have long gone.

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Fook me, where does he go for breakfast, and what is he having, a T-Bone steak? How can you make a kid breakfast, for 7p? I know she looks old, but the days of threepence, farthings and shillings, have long gone.

How clued up are you on politics Embers, answer this one.

Whats Labours thoughts/policy for Grass Roots Football?

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Politics 101.

Make a complete fool of yourself on a serious issue on Friday, quickly visit a playing field on Saturday and throw up a popularist smoke screen hoping to deflect from the flak.

You couldn't make this up. Treating the electorate like adults ?

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:35 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I read it:

"Every school team must have at least 3 either gay/disabled/not white/somalian or a n other who is on our extensive list classed as a minority.This will apply to all non league teams by 2020,league teams by 2022 and the premiership by 2025"

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:40 am 
Manager
Manager

David Cameron stood up and said "Syria will not be another Iraq"
And then went off and promptly made all the same mistakes.

Nobody in the UK knows where our bombs are being dropped, the media don't report any of it, In the first Iraq war 'Stormin Norman' was on TV every other day showing where bombs were being dropped, he could do that because Iraq had an attackable visible military. Isis militants walk around in normal clothes and live in normal houses.
When the UK, US and France gain intelligence that Mr Isis Wanker is living at Flat No 12, they send there bomb, and don't give two s**ts about the thirty other innocent families living next to him!!

My parents came from Jamaica, i was born here with all my siblings, my parents retired back in Jamaica. Their there are murders and killings and government corruption all over Jamaica, but had the US or UK started bombing Jamaica like they are bombing Syria i'd be as screwed up in the head as this sicko!

Henry Vlll was a sadist, narcissist, murderous ruler, but, had china come over here hundreds of years ago saying we are going to get rid of this evil ruler for you, every single English man, woman and child would have fought for him, why, because culturally that's just where we were at that time.

We've been bombing Assad's military, he is a murderous sadist sicko!
We've been giving weapons to 'Moderate Freedom Fighters', guess what, Osama Bin Nutter was once a young 'freedom fighter'!
We've been bombing faceless Isis targets and guess what, the sons, daughters, cousins, neighbours and friends of the innocent 'collateral' deaths living next to these targets are angry and wanting to murder us.

Well done Mr Cameron!... Oh wait, you lost your 'in house' political squabble and left us with an even more right-wing government to pick up the pieces!
Your government has slashed funding and cut manpower to the police, MI5 and MI6! The very people needed to clean up your mess!
Your government has slashed funding and made cuts to hospitals, the very people needed to stitch back together your mess!
Your government has slashed funding and cuts to schools, the very people needed to teach kids not to get caught up in this mess!!

Nice one!!

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:44 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Knocker, I know fook all when it comes to politics, sadly, wish I understood it more, but I take it you were referring to this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40069110

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:47 am 
Manager
Manager

]Iain Duncan Smith claimed £39 for a breakfast. Theresa May costed schoolchildrens' breakfasts at 7p each.

Think about that when you vote on 8 June.[/quote]

Fook me, where does he go for breakfast, and what is he having, a T-Bone steak? How can you make a kid breakfast, for 7p? I know she looks old, but the days of threepence, farthings and shillings, have long gone.[/quote]

Whats Labours thoughts/policy for Grass Roots Football?[/quote]

Knocker, I know fook all when it comes to politics, sadly, wish I understood it more, but I take it you were referring to this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40069110[/quote]

Yesterday Jeremy Corbyn done a photo shoot based around football and putting more money into the grass roots structure.
Its been neglected for the last half century as I know it.

When Jeremy Corbyn was playing football yesterday he got a little over enthusiastic and nearly fell on his arse.
Now that would have made the front page of the right wing papers, it was a Brighton beach moment.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Everyone is investing more in the Police now innit :roll: , they ALL fail to see how the Police forces are set up, none of them have a fuckin clue about how Police actually Police.

The second most important facet of a successful society has been largely ignored by most, skinned to the bone by the Conservatives, and largely seen as an irrelevance by Labour until almost two dozen innocent children, moms and citizens got blown to bits by a twisted c..t a week ago, it is now at the forefront of their collective minds :roll: .

YOU, as a member of the general public will NEVER see or meet a member of the CTU, yet they are ring fenced and their budgets are whatever they want them to be, yet the rank and file investigative officers you MAY see are whittled down to the bare skin and are spread thinner than an otters pocket. The CTU are the equivalent of Fernando in popular terms, untouchable, unreachable, unimpeachable and utterly mysterious and have nothing to prove, indolence is success, warfare is success, they cor lose, and so be it really.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:06 am 
Manager
Manager

A Nation not politically engaged.

RATINGS
May v Corbyn - 2.79m
Britain's Got Talent - 8.45m

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 am 
Manager
Manager

There's a bit of a shock happening across the land because people are seeing politicians out of the bubble.
More exposed to the real world because the shields that have covered their arses the right wing press and BBC/ITV/SKY tv cant now cover all bases.

Can you imagine how many seats Labour would win if Jeremy Corbyn had an even spread through the media.
Fuckin landslide.

Once out of the bubble these Tories are exposed, May Mrs no show, all script nothing else.

And people are finally looking with some of them actually thinking for themselves.

Its a long journey, us socialists are making inroads, it wont be this election but it just might be the next.

Pre Television brainwashing, Pre Murdoch, pre Sun Newspaper, going back to the 1950's and 1960's Labour could poll maybe 46 to 48% of the vote.

Them were the days before the brain washing changed many minds, and those minds still vote Blue because they never quite worked it all out.

Do you remember Hugh Gatskill he was a fuckin toff, he created divisions just like today, I guess some things never change.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:23 am 
Manager
Manager

After listening and watching the most Left-Wing audience possible to be gathered in one place ( even condemned by true Labour supporters) is there any wonder May refuses to join in with the hi-jacking ?

She has lost ground by her decision. She is making a totally mess of her campaign, however, the "treatment" given to Rudd last night by a supposedly randomly picked audience, explains in full without further comment, May's decision.

An Ulster man on the radio sort of had a point when he asked if you would rather live in North or South Korea ? Or would you rather live in Cuba or Florida ? Simplistic, but these are the choices, as make no mistake, Jeremy is still fighting the cold war and he wants his side to win ( Welcome back Moscow. Your Russian will be needed).

As for calls to "tactically vote" to reduce a Tory majority.....Well, if a hung Parliament with the SNP holding the whip floats your boat as a viable option for the coming talks with Europe...Good luck, I'll be off to Albania to live the good life.

Just one or two questions for the debate. Why are the Tory Party on the austerity path ? Surely it couldn't be they are trying to drag the country back from the brink of bankruptcy, an inherited position from Blair/Brown ? Or perhaps the don't see increasing National debt to unimaginable levels to fund pie in the sky programs as viable ? And maybe they don't see allowing the Unions carte blanche powers to strike at will and impose sector pay levels on foreign companies, fully able to up sticks and move if such 70's madness returns, as the way forward ? Who knows ? One thing for sure, vote for Jezza and Abbott and we'll find out.

I went to East Germany. Unlike them, I didn't't like it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Are you aware of how light regularity practice first introduced because of Barry Goldwater into what was known as Reganomics as used by Thatcher created the environment for high risk.

How presidents like Bill Clinton and Prime Ministers like Tony Blair began to see the easy money option when manufacturing industry went into decline.

Are you aware of the subprime mortgage markets and light regulations.

Are you aware that this Tory government now presides oner a doubling of national debt to 1.8 trillion.

Are you aware of where that money goes.

Can you grasp how Tory governments move tens of millions then when unchecked hundreds of millions into the City investors hands through quantitative easing process.

You want me to talk about Labour finding five billion for this and that when the Tories move hundreds of billions into creating false share prices by this use of quantitative easing.

Does the nation have a clue to this gross deception which places national debt at their door.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Keep going Knocker. You may make Commisar yet.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Keep going Knocker. You may make Commisar yet.

Easy question for you.

Do you understand where the money has gone that 900 billion of debt that the Tories have created in the past seven years?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand