Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Share On:

Post subject: BBC
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Simply disgusting.

As their ticker tape banner proclaimed that the identity of the Paris shooter was known and was a confirmed Jihadi terror suspect, their so called commentator grandstanded about the French elections going as far to accuse the French Right of being probable suspects.

If, as it's clear they can't, keep their pc, liberal bias out of objective reporting, they should be closed down. I await their next lead which will no doubt feature a tree hugging hippy, bemoaning how Islam. the religion of peace, is being cruelly blamed for murder, totally ignoring the poor families of those slain doing their duty.

Fookin hate them.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: BBC
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am 
Manager
Manager

Please also note that the carrying out of a death sentence on some murdering bastard in Arkansas, gets almost the same billing as the terrorist act. The comment that "he recently told the BBC he didn't do it" just about says it all.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:23 am 
Manager
Manager

I hate the BBC, The propaganda wing of the Conservative party.

Last week, thursday I think, Newsnight.

First up a Labour politician, Emily somebody BBC presenter kept trying to interrupt and was Corbyn this Corbyn that, trying to be divisive, and never gave his full name never Jeremy Corbyn.

Trying to create a false narrative in the viewers mind. Totally wasted interview.

Next up, lets go down memory lane with our Prime Minister.

So they traced back Theresa May at university with her friends and relatives, how she met her husband and so on and so forth.
A right BBC love in, a complete opposite narrative for the viewer to swallow.

And this is a big problem because if the media dont give Jeremy a fair platform his supporters, people like me will dig their feet in whatever the election result.

We will rally to Jeremy post Election, because without a fair platform we see nothing as proved and elections won by deception and brain washing.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I hate the BBC, The propaganda wing of the Conservative party.

Last week, thursday I think, Newsnight.

First up a Labour politician, Emily somebody BBC presenter kept trying to interrupt and was Corbyn this Corbyn that, trying to be divisive, and never gave his full name never Jeremy Corbyn.

Trying to create a false narrative in the viewers mind. Totally wasted interview.

Next up, lets go down memory lane with our Prime Minister.

So they traced back Theresa May at university with her friends and relatives, how she met her husband and so on and so forth.
A right BBC love in, a complete opposite narrative for the viewer to swallow.

And this is a big problem because if the media dont give Jeremy a fair platform his supporters, people like me will dig their feet in whatever the election result.

We will rally to Jeremy post Election, because without a fair platform we see nothing as proved and elections won by deception and brain washing.

The media assess who is likely to win power then cosy up to them. #1 nobody wants to back a loser, #2 self-preservation, especially the BBC with the license fee

Everyone knows May is nailed on to win, so there's little incentive to stick your head out for Corbyn. Even the Guardian have no faith in him.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

I hope the media do give Jezza a full and free platform to showboat his polices. As long as they ask him and keep on asking him until he answers, how they can be implemented in the real world, and who will pay for them.

If he and his "friends" are not brought to task, May- may as well run around shouting "free money for all". That silly statement is equally as viable as Jezza's "jobs for all" cry.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Of course you will Knocker, you would do whatever happens, but exactly how will this improve things? The same people will hold the same views.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Of course you will Knocker, you would do whatever happens, but exactly how will this improve things? The same people will hold the same views.

If you held a General Election for the under fifties it would be a close run thing because these voters gain their information from less traditional methods.
There is genuine optimism among the younger voters aged 18 to 35 about Jeremy Corbyn which shows itself in the half a million membership.

The largest membership in Europe.

The feeling is eventually the TRUTH will out and the Tories only gain election on false promises and baseless slurs.
I agree with those sentiments.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:06 am 
Manager
Manager

The BBC, ITV and Sky ramping up their anti Corbyn narrative, bad for democracy.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Maybe they want him out on his ear so the "opposition" can actually become an opposition next time and democracy will be strengthened, instead of a parade of a election.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Maybe they want him out on his ear so the "opposition" can actually become an opposition next time and democracy will be strengthened, instead of a parade of a election.

Indeed.

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 am 
Manager
Manager

The BBC used to be known as Auntie. Now you might as well call the corporation’s news output a non-stop Tory election broadcast.

Anyone who has watched the BBC News during the election campaign can see for themselves how “Auntie” now interprets her statutory requirement of impartiality.

I usually write from my perspective as a therapist, but today I am putting on my journalist’s hat.

I have worked for 40 years in the regional and national press. I have held senior positions on a Labour-supporting paper, a Tory-supporting paper and the impartial national news agency.

So I know what impartiality looks like – and it doesn’t look like BBC News.

I’m pretty sure there was a time when the BBC would turn up at an election event and simply report what happened.

Now it seems to be a requirement that political staff give their “analysis” of what they have seen (or would like to have seen). And it doesn’t help that BBC political journalists are encouraged to use Twitter to express their “personality”.

BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg gets the most flak for this, but she is not alone. John Humphrys, Nick Robinson, John Pienaar…they all get in on the act.

They would claim that they are even-handed, that they treat politicians of all parties to the same scrutiny. But it is simply not true.

Last night I watched the BBC’s 10pm news with mounting astonishment. I foolishly believed that Kuenssberg had improved a bit since I complained to the BBC about her in January last year.

But no. It seems any report on the activities of the Labour Party has to be treated with a specially snide and sneery incredulity.

It’s not about asking tough questions, as she does for all party leaders. It’s about conveying to viewers that she doesn’t take Jeremy Corbyn or the Labour Party seriously, and neither should they.

It’s about focussing on the trivial to take the spotlight away from the serious,
concentrating on the personal to divert attention from what really matters. It’s a sleight of hand.

Without social media I wouldn’t have had any idea of the crowds that have been turning up to Corbyn’s speeches.

The BBC’s idea of balance is to show Theresa May’s appearance in an almost-empty room talking to glum-looking guests, then Corbyn’s speech in close-up, hiding the huge crowds that have turned out to see him.

Last night’s Kuenssberg report was followed up by a totally pointless vox pop from York, dismissing Labour’s manifesto. It started with John Pienaar (whom I always regarded as being an intelligent type) allowing a passer-by to display his ignorance on immigration, and finished with Pienaar emerging from a sweetshop with a lolly.

What is this, Newsround?

You might also have noticed one key feature of any report of Labour proposals: an obsession with how they will be paid for.

Funny how nobody seems that interested in what the Tories have done with your three-quarters of a trillion pounds.

When they came to power in 2010, the national debt was £979 billion. This has now risen to £1,731 billion.

Labour rebuilt schools and hospitals and got us out of the global banking crisis. After seven years of austerity, what is the Tories’ excuse? Yet it is Labour’s spending plans that apparently require the BBC’s forensic microscope.

You might wonder who sets this agenda – and I will tell you. Kuenssberg takes her cue from the national press. Right from the start, she adopted the line of the Murdoch and Rothermere press: that Corbyn is a joke who doesn’t need to be taken seriously.

It is not surprising – political correspondents work closely together. But the BBC should rise above that pack mentality.

Ed Miliband had a tough time with the press but I’m pretty sure he received from the BBC at least some of the respect that is due to the leader of the opposition. Kuenssberg simply picked up on the mocking approach to Corbyn of the Mail and the Sun and adopted it for the 10pm news.

Of course, you might think that is reasonable. You might think that Rupert Murdoch and Lord Rothermere (as well as Richard Desmond and the Barclay brothers) have your best interests at heart. And if you believe that, then you might think the BBC is right to mock the leader of the opposition and his party.

Or you might think as I do: that it is very dangerous in a democratic society for our national broadcaster to slide so far in that direction.

And if you do agree with me, you know what to do. Tell the BBC what you think.

https://morefollows.wordpress.com/2017/ ... ournalism/

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

who wrote that as I can't see the author from the actual article?

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:

I was looking for that too so that I can judge the article in the context of who is writing it.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

I was looking for that too so that I can judge the article in the context of who is writing it.

The message is more important than the writer especially if you then watch a BBC news program with this view in mind.

Already two BBC reporters have been reprimanded for their biased views when most folk think and expect them to be impartial.

Even shows are getting reprimanded, as was the case last week with the BBCs Question Time.

Tory plants in the audience given key questions and more air time than others.

If you can watch it on play back.
First question was from a Tory plant. Bald headed guy, well built, bit like Matt Lucas from Little Britain.
The blokes been outed as a Tory councilor air lifted in to create an anti Corbyn bias from minute one.
Then after question and answers given even more time for subsequent comments.

Its a fuckin disgrace it really is.

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

But, as I say, I want to judge the comments from an individual on the basis of who it is.

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

The message is more important than the writer especially if you then watch a BBC news program with this view in mind.

Already two BBC reporters have been reprimanded for their biased views when most folk think and expect them to be impartial.

Even shows are getting reprimanded, as was the case last week with the BBCs Question Time.

Tory plants in the audience given key questions and more air time than others.

If you can watch it on play back.
First question was from a Tory plant. Bald headed guy, well built, bit like Matt Lucas from Little Britain.
The blokes been outed as a Tory councilor air lifted in to create an anti Corbyn bias from minute one.
Then after question and answers given even more time for subsequent comments.

Its a fuckin disgrace it really is.

Gone on for years KK against both lab and the cons.Also stitched up farage if you remember.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:45 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I watched Question Time last Thursday.
Every time Pritti Patel spoke Emily Thornbury just interrupted without censure
from Dimleby.
I stopped watching QT some time ago because of the Bias,it hasn't changed at all.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfrunna wrote:
from Dimleby.
I stopped watching QT some time ago because of the Bias,it hasn't changed at all.

But that example you quote is the opposite of the bias that KK sees all the time - how can I possibly know what is right?

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:14 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfrunna wrote:
from Dimleby.

I missed the show but will give it a view on catch up

I thought that Angela Rayner, the shadow education secretary was scheduled to do Question time last week?

Regards Pritti Patel, did you know that woman claimed about 630k expenses over the past 3 years.

While also voting for cuts to the NHS.

During the same period Jeremy Corbyn claimed less than fifty quid, the lowest expenses claimer over the piece.

You see most politicians are highly corruptible, its the ones the establishment cant buy that frightens them.
Those are the ones they try and smear through the media be that BBC or newspaper outlets.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:43 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
from Dimleby.

I missed the show but will give it a view on catch up

I thought that Angela Rayner, the shadow education secretary was scheduled to do Question time last week?

Regards Pritti Patel, did you know that woman claimed about 630k expenses over the past 3 years.

While also voting for cuts to the NHS.

During the same period Jeremy Corbyn claimed less than fifty quid, the lowest expenses claimer over the piece.

You see most politicians are highly corruptible, its the ones the establishment cant buy that frightens them.
Those are the ones they try and smear through the media be that BBC or newspaper outlets.

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-4283152

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 am 
Manager
Manager

BREAKING: Manchester police say man set off improvised explosive device at Ariana Grande concert, then died in the attack.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Last night Jeremy Corbyn called out the UK's alliance with Saudi Arabia and asked for repressed govt report on terror funding to be published.

Sky broadcast it but the BBC won't broadcast and it looks like they are part of the censorship.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:27 am 
Manager
Manager

How Theresa May's Tory media weaponise hate is simply the most disgusting evil in our society today.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Labour still haven't worked out how to beat the system during this election campaign.

Far to nice when given time on the national BBC, not calling them out for their extremism.

The old media sources TV and newsprint still hold sway over far to many people.

Maybe 5 million voters brain washed and completely misinformed.

Think again your strategy Labour you cant beat them at their own game.

But how?

http://markcurtis.info/2017/05/18/1592/

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Labour still haven't worked out how to beat the system during this election campaign.

Far to nice when given time on the national BBC, not calling them out for their extremism.

The old media sources TV and newsprint still hold sway over far to many people.

Maybe 5 million voters brain washed and completely misinformed.

Think again your strategy Labour you cant beat them at their own game.

But how?

http://markcurtis.info/2017/05/18/1592/

I don't think any party could realistically turn around such a gap in the polls at the start of a campaign within a matter of weeks, even if they had done everything perfectly, even if the mass media had played ball.

Realistically, this election should have been a cakewalk and it only due to May conducting what most are calling "the worst Tory campaign since the First World War" that Labour have been able to stay in the fight.

If they take the right steps, by 2022, Labour can be ahead in the polls or in with an even shout as the next five years are going to be appalling for the British masses.

But this is where Labour have got to get their act together and start becoming a credible opposition in all aspects - proper shadow ministers across the board who show themselves to be more up to the job than their counterparts, not a couple of long pals of the party leader as the only ones left standing loyal.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am 
Manager
Manager

The media, old Labour and other parties will be now forced to give Jeremy Corbyn far more respect.

DESERVED RESPECT. Suck it up.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:41 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The media, old Labour and other parties will be now forced to give Jeremy Corbyn far more respect.

In this I totally agree. He now must be given more rope. He's earned it.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:00 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

May deserved it and it is a good job she called an election to show us what a poor leader she really is.To base an election on the one issue of who do you want to deliver a hard brexit was laughable,nobody gave a damn and were sick of the talk of anything brexit.The same as sturgeon in scotland people are sick of the referendum and she got what she deserved too.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

Everyone knows May is nailed on to win, so there's little incentive to stick your head out for Corbyn. Even the Guardian have no faith in him.

8)

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

May deserved it and it is a good job she called an election to show us what a poor leader she really is.To base an election on the one issue of who do you want to deliver a hard brexit was laughable,nobody gave a damn and were sick of the talk of anything brexit.The same as sturgeon in scotland people are sick of the referendum and she got what she deserved too.

Spot on.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand