Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: BBC
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Nice cast KK. Not sure who'll be dumb enough to take the bait though ?

I like to bite, it adds to the fun but I didn't watch Question Time so difficult to comment.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
suiging wrote:
Nice cast KK. Not sure who'll be dumb enough to take the bait though ?

I like to bite, it adds to the fun but I didn't watch Question Time so difficult to comment.

I did.

The Bazillion lady needs £$%%^^^& with the business end of a pineapple

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am 
Manager
Manager

So Labour led Camden getting full coverage for their inflamable cladding.

The only difference ? No calls for their leadership to stand down. No vilification of their housing committee.......Why ?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:02 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

The only difference ? No calls for their leadership to stand down. No vilification of their housing committee.......Why ?

I guess everyone awaits the full results of the inquiry because health and safety has been neglected by all with loose regulations enabling cheaper products to be used.

Everyone should be accountable, no excuses. Standards should have been higher.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

I guess everyone awaits the full results of the inquiry because health and safety has been neglected by all with loose regulations enabling cheaper products to be used.

Well said.

Could not agree more. However. the bias of the BBC's coverage is overwhelming

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Well said.

Could not agree more. However. the bias of the BBC's coverage is overwhelming

When it comes to a national tragedy I hope the BBC just gives everyone a voice and listens, especially those who have suffered.
Eventually we glean enough truths, enough facts to point a few fingers before putting a few things right.
De-regulation in any industry comes at a price.,

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I wonder if the tragedy of a tower block fire happening in Hull, Bradford, Walsall, Tipton, Sheffield etc would have attracted so much publicity after the initial week?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I wonder if the tragedy of a tower block fire happening in Hull, Bradford, Walsall, Tipton, Sheffield etc would have attracted so much publicity after the initial week?

I fear the human race is losing the value of life on a grand scale for a multitude of reasons.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:00 am 
Manager
Manager

That theory would be put to the test if Jezza got in and stripped away our National defence

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
That theory would be put to the test if Jezza got in and stripped away our National defence

Whys that?

Do you believe Russia has a wish to drop a nuclear bomb on the South of England.

I would have thought Russia will be happy to watch the disintegration of Western Europe from an economic perspective

Surely the real battle of wills comes when Trump has to act when Israel feels threatened by the Russia/Iran/Syria axis.

Two sides looking at different types of land grab.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

Whys that?

Do you believe Russia has a wish to drop a nuclear bomb on the South of England.

I would have thought Russia will be happy to watch the disintegration of Western Europe from an economic perspective

Surely the real battle of wills comes when Trump has to act when Israel feels threatened by the Russia/Iran/Syria axis.

Two sides looking at different types of land grab.

Corbyn is a Marxist.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

I imagine it came as quite a shock to the people of Hungary and Czechoslovakia when the Soviets were invited in by their equivalent of Jeremy.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 am 
Manager
Manager

It didn't come as a shock when Robbie Gibb the bloke in charge of Newsnight , Daily Politics , Marr and other BBC political shows , became the Head of Tory Communications, or propaganda as it could be called.
Before joining the BBC, Robbie Gibb was vice chair of Federation of Conservative Students and chief of staff to senior Tory MP Francis Maude.

Now this guy would have been on big bucks at the BBC so the Tories must be throwing huge money in his direction.

And what are they buying, even more insider trading. More inside knowledge, more influence.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:29 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
It didn't come as a shock when Robbie Gibb the bloke in charge of Newsnight , Daily Politics , Marr and other BBC political shows , became the Head of Tory Communications, or propaganda as it could be called.
Before joining the BBC, Robbie Gibb was vice chair of Federation of Conservative Students and chief of staff to senior Tory MP Francis Maude

Now this guy would have been on big bucks at the BBC so the Tories must be throwing huge money in his direction.

And what are they buying, even more insider trading. More inside knowledge, more influence.

Was this like Corbyns son being appointed his dad's best friends chief of staff and paid from the public purse immediately after their momentous, momentum power grab ?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting view point on the Gernan summit. The far-left took to the streets in masks. They burned down businesses, torched cars and attacked the police. Merely a murmmer on the BBC and little to no coverage anywhere else.

Where was the outrage ? Imagine if the far-right had done the same ? Imagine if a couple of low life football fans did as much as throw an egg ?

Why are the left continually given a free pass to bring mayhem and disorder to our streets ?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
Interesting view point on the Gernan summit. The far-left took to the streets in masks. They burned down businesses, torched cars and attacked the police. Merely a murmmer on the BBC and little to no coverage anywhere else.

Where was the outrage ? Imagine if the far-right had done the same ? Imagine if a couple of low life football fans did as much as throw an egg ?

Why are the left continually given a free pass to bring mayhem and disorder to our streets ?

Because they are only doing whats in all our best interests .... if you were intelligent you wouldn't need to have asked that...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:

Because they are only doing whats in all our best interests .... if you were intelligent you wouldn't need to have asked that...

Oh........sorry

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Maybe the likes of the BBC don't cover the atrocities as carried out by Western Governments, and so people try and raise awareness.

Yesterday a high court ruled that selling weapons to Saudi Arabia was lawful.

Well those innocent civilians in the Yemen killed daily need someone to raise a voice against this barbarity.

Dont you think?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Maybe the likes of the BBC don't cover the atrocities as carried out by Western Governments, and so people try and raise awareness.

Yesterday a high court ruled that selling weapons to Saudi Arabia was lawful.

Well those innocent civilians in the Yemen killed daily need someone to raise a voice against this barbarity.

Dont you think?

Agreed - the link with the Saudis is something I find more than a little dissconcerting.

It would be interesting to find out what the 'secret information' was that resulted in the courts reaching that decision...but no chance of that unfortunately.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Please look up the Al Yamamah arms deal completed by the last Labour government.

Does not let the Blues of the hook, but sadly proves they all do it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:18 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Please look up the Al Yamamah arms deal completed by the last Labour government.

I think its a certainty that a Jeremy Corbyn led government would NOT SELL ARMS to other countries.

Dont think Jeremy puts profit before people.

Most politicians are easily bought, some have NO PRICE, and thats why the establishment are fearing this man.
They dont control him.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:25 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

I think its a certainty that a Jeremy Corbyn led government would NOT SELL ARMS to other countries.

Most politicians are easily bought, some have NO PRICE, and thats why the establishment are fearing this man.
They dont control him.

What would he say to the many thousands employed in the UK arms industry when he puts them and the ship builders out of work ?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

They dont control him.

I'd like to bet he would.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:16 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

They dont control him.

I'd like to bet he would.

Interesting observation.

Why do you think that, the bloke would lose all credibility from those who voted him into power.

What frightens me is the human race still thinks its throwing rocks at each other yet technology means the stakes for humanity are far higher.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Modern historians have uncovered how close Hitler was to being overthrown from within and how if a single member of the then big four in Europe would have stood up to him his armies would have been sent packing.

Peace depends on National Defence. You may not agree with the concept and think hugging trees and putting your head in a bucket until the bad man goes away is the answer, that's your choice; but as nation after nation found out in the 30's the consequence of such activity is very dire indeed.

Think the human race has moved on since then ? Ask a Georgian, or a Syrian or perhaps an Iraqi ..... they may disagree with you. Side with Corbyn on defence ? Best get the bucket ready.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 am 
Manager
Manager

First action.

New Tory in charge of propaganda hired from BBC, goes back to BBC to gain an interview.

Interview goes out on radio 5, BBC News television and other services.

Whats the message.

Lets try and remove the Robot tag, lets create a compassionate caring side.

Hence the I SHED A TEAR bollocks. some soft fuckers will fall for that.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Tory's seem to love hiring ex-BBC people. Can't work out how, if it's such a biased left-wing propaganda machine? :lol:

Oh, and the Tory idea to make salaries public just resulted in the BBC paying out EVEN more. Well thought out that. Any more awesome ideas?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... CMP=twt_gu

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Tory's seem to love hiring ex-BBC people. Can't work out how, if it's such a biased left-wing propaganda machine? :lol:

Oh, and the Tory idea to make salaries public just resulted in the BBC paying out EVEN more. Well thought out that. Any more awesome ideas?

I would have thought you would have actually agreed with the resulting drive towards equality?

Thats the joke of this 'scandal' ...people just moaning about the pay dscrepancy not the fact arseholes like Evans,Linekar and Shearer are paid that much money in the first place...thats the real point that should be addressed...Alan Shearer on £440k fucking hell what for!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

I would have thought you would have actually agreed with the resulting drive towards equality?

Thats the joke of this 'scandal' ...people just moaning about the pay dscrepancy not the fact arseholes like Evans,Linekar and Shearer are paid that much money in the first place...thats the real point that should be addressed...Alan Shearer on £440k fucking hell what for!

It's so obvious that there should be parity between the boys and the girls at the BBC. Any neanderthal fool can see that. They should be reduced to about half of what some senior women get at the moment - £80,000 sounds plenty enough to me.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Why has North Korea chosen to do this now? Firstly to demonstrate resolve. It shows the regime in Pyongyang is not intimidated by American threats and has not "backed down", as President Trump suggested two weeks ago.

This is the BBC's answer to why the North Koreans found it necessary to send a missile over Japan. Apologists for mass murdering tyrants doesn't come close. This has to stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand