Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Diesel cars
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:45 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

well after being forced by the courts to provoide details of their polution strategy it was hardly worth the wait ...its so pleasing to see they have taken ownership of this..what a derisory 'attempt' at addresssing this issue..jokers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40731164

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Diesel cars
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I hope you don't mind me bumping an old post of mine (That no-one replied to by the way ...w@nkers :)) but given the introduction of the ULE zones I thought it topical to see what people think now.
Don't forget Diesel-gate has been effectively brushed over in the UK-but not in the States where i think litigation is still going through?
But as an asthmatic this blatant lying by those car companies , and the lack of any real punishment amazes me - just goes to show where the Government priorities lie.

I found the following link on the BBC that provides an interesting read- shows that even the modern diesel cars that are even now still feted as being 'clean' by the car companies still produce far too much NOx (Nitrogen Oxides) than is considered safe -or even legal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/id ... ar_exhaust.

The fact that these tests are even now not common place and the data and health risk not known by the public is quite frankly a disgrace-one car companies don't want you to know.

Still as long as you can drive round cheaply - albeit with the windows shut and your air-con on (ironically using even more fuel) -then whats to worry about.

I'm not sure what the answer is - more and far better public transport, and a rule that is all electric maybe- even if that costs money to subsidise.

Although i'm not even sure how environmentally friendly the batteries are - I await the next scandal... :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Levels of hypocrisy in play when you introduce extra charges to enter a City while also voting to build a new airport.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very interesting and enlightening, thanks for sharing the links.

I drive a 2009 VW Golf 1.6 TDI, diesel. Since the emissions "fix" I have had two horrifying power outages on motorways at 70mph. Faulty fuel injectors needed replacing but were repaired free of charge under the VW post fix " trust building measures". My two year guarantee on that issue is now over and my other two injectors will pack up at some stage and £600+ repair charges can go whistle. Do I ever regret buying a VW diesel car.....cheating bastards.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand