Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Texas Shooting
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting how the two guys that chased this lunatic and shot him dead are heroes !!!!

Arguments about America's stupid gun culture aside....

Chase a burglar into the street in UK as he runs off with your telly, and clip his ear to get it back. He gets a donation from the poor box, a council funded holiday for his stress and a Labour MP coupled with Lily Allen funding his Barrister to sue you for your home and life-savings.

You get charged with assault, and lose everything including your family, job, and push-bike, paying the burglar compensation for his sore ear, and twisted knee damaged as you made him run with your telly to his van, when he normally strolls, able to take his time with the loot after burglaries, particularly if he's just bashed a pensioner to gain entry.

Who's got it right ?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Texas Shooting
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mr Duggan being a case in point, no peace no justice :roll:

The quickest and easiest way to turn a dangerous, violent, drug dealing gun carrying career criminal into a doting father, a devoted son and brother, a hard working paragon of virtue is to be shot by British Police.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yet the greatest robberies are continually ignored.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/j ... ence-tory/

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Is any of that confirmed re the death of the shooter? That he died as a result of being shot by those pursuing him? And that those who allegedly shot him dead will face no charges?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Is any of that confirmed re the death of the shooter? That he died as a result of being shot by those pursuing him? And that those who allegedly shot him dead will face no charges?

Yes they shot him. Yes they are lauded for their actions. Where does it state they wont be prosecuted ? Have you made that up ?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

Yes they shot him. Yes they are lauded for their actions. Where does it state they wont be prosecuted ? Have you made that up ?

I have made anything up, I don't know of any confirmed details of how the shooter's life ended.

Being "lauded" for one's actions doesn't mean one won't be prosecuted with the full force of the law though.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
suiging wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I have made anything up, I don't know of any confirmed details of how the shooter's life ended.

Being "lauded" for one's actions doesn't mean one won't be prosecuted with the full force of the law though.

Agreed. It doesn't, not sure anyone said it did. Interviews of the two now on line. The one brags about his shooting prowess and how he shot him under his vest.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

That's a v poor attempt to hijack the thread- you should be ashamed of yourself there KK.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

That's a v poor attempt to hijack the thread- you should be ashamed of yourself there KK.

I think if you pay closer attention to detail the creator of the thread derailed it himself within his opening paragraphs.
I wouldn't have posted that response without that happening.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I think if you pay closer attention to detail the creator of the thread derailed it himself within his opening paragraphs.
I wouldn't have posted that response without that happening.

How did he do that KK? I struggle with understanding your logic at times - it just feels like you seem to try to find a way to pursue your own agenda come what may. I know you regard me (and many others) as thick Knocker but a good teacher, coach, orator, leader etc. needs to be able to communicate to the majority of those to whom he/she is speaking or writing and you rarely manage that with me. I wonder if it is just me or if others feel the same.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

]Yet the greatest robberies are continually ignored.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/j ... ence-tory/[/quote]

That's a v poor attempt to hijack the thread- you should be ashamed of yourself there KK.[/quote]

I wouldn't have posted that response without that happening.[/quote]

How did he do that KK? I struggle with understanding your logic at times - it just feels like you seem to try to find a way to pursue your own agenda come what may. I know you regard me (and many others) as thick Knocker but a good teacher, coach, orator, leader etc. needs to be able to communicate to the majority of those to whom he/she is speaking or writing and you rarely manage that with me. I wonder if it is just me or if others feel the same.[/quote]

Pay attention.

suiging tells you in his second line he is about to derail it, then in his third line he does so with his Chase a burglar..going on for two paragraphs.
Its just another of his rants against his perception of wooly liberal Labour.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Perception ?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Perception ?

Delusions?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Pay attention.

suiging tells you in his second line he is about to derail it, then in his third line he does so with his Chase a burglar..going on for two paragraphs.
Its just another of his rants against his perception of wooly liberal Labour.

No. He doesn't tell us he is going to derail it he says that he wants to make another point in his opening post and the two things are related in pointing out the different responses to retaliating against criminal activity in the USA and the UK . That's not derailing it as it is still part of the opening post - a derailment would be responding about something not covered in that post, perhaps tax avoidance schemes for example. You simply used the excuse to bring in the tax avoidance schemes as you wanted to further promulgate your perceptions of Tories and Royalty. I note that the Labour party has now been shown to have offshore holdings. I am well aware that Suiging and yourself have rather different views on Labour by the way.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Never understood why folk in this country get so wound up by guns in America, part of their culture due to their history and also a lot of rural areas where the police response won't be quick, as with this one where he was stopped by an NRA member. This guy shouldn't have owned a gun as he had a criminal background anyway.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

If you're stupid enough as a natiion to allow people to walk around with assault weapons, then you need to accept this is going to happen regularly.

If you do nothing after Sandy Hook, when 20 kids got slaughtered in their class room, then they'll never do anything. Of course, they ban guns anywhere a politician might be working. Hypocritical arseholes.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
If you're stupid enough as a natiion to allow people to walk around with assault weapons, then you need to accept this is going to happen regularly.

If you do nothing after Sandy Hook, when 20 kids got slaughtered in their class room, then they'll never do anything. Of course, they ban guns anywhere a politician might be working. Hypocritical arseholes.

Totaly agree ...however what the deluded rootin tootin cowboys will say is that its a good job they actually HAD the guns so they could shoot him before he killed even more ...reverse logic at its best.

The NRA have far too much power ,influence and of course money - let em get on with it as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by davejonesears on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Never understood why folk in this country get so wound up by guns in America, part of their culture due to their history and also a lot of rural areas where the police response won't be quick, as with this one where he was stopped by an NRA member. This guy shouldn't have owned a gun as he had a criminal background anyway.

missed this ...yeah the good old NRA hey ...

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Totaly agree ...however what the deluded rootin tootin cowboys will say is that its a good job they actually HAD the guns so they could shoot him before he killed even more ...reverse logic at its best.

The NRA have far too much power ,influence and of course money - let em get on with it as far as I am concerned.

Agreed. I'm not shocked a load of rednecks are pro-gun. I'll just never understand how they seem to have so much influence over the entire countries politics.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Agreed. I'm not shocked a load of rednecks are pro-gun. I'll just never understand how they seem to have so much influence over the entire countries politics.

money - plain and simple.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

There are direct parallels between the NRA and the UK, PC Brigade.

Both senseless, and responsible for young lives.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
There are direct parallels between the NRA and the UK, PC Brigade.

Both senseless, and responsible for young lives.

Come on now Suig :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Interesting how the two guys that chased this lunatic and shot him dead are heroes !!!!

Chase a burglar into the street in UK as he runs off with your telly, and clip his ear to get it back. He gets a donation from the poor box, a council funded holiday for his stress and a Labour MP coupled with Lily Allen funding his Barrister to sue you for your home and life-savings.

You get charged with assault, and lose everything including your family, job, and push-bike, paying the burglar compensation for his sore ear, and twisted knee damaged as you made him run with your telly to his van, when he normally strolls, able to take his time with the loot after burglaries, particularly if he's just bashed a pensioner to gain entry.

Who's got it right ?

In a country where anyone can pretty much carry a gun, then you get what's coming to you. Whilst I admit that I'd love to shoot someone who'd just broken in to my home, if the law allowed me to use a baseball bat or a 9 iron, then that would do for me.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Who's got it right ?

In a country where anyone can pretty much carry a gun, then you get what's coming to you. Whilst I admit that I'd love to shoot someone who'd just broken in to my home, if the law allowed me to use a baseball bat or a 9 iron, then that would do for me.

Too much loft on a nine iron

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Who's got it right ?

Too much loft on a nine iron

Fair point, I'll go with the driver instead :lol:

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand