Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Climate Protest
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
How do these folk get so much time off work to go on these protests?

Exactly, you didn't get these protests back in the 1800's when London was full of smog etc. It's just a temporary fashion, it'll pass....:-)

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Have there been any protestors in China as they cause more 'shit' than anyone else.

I would happily pay anyones fare that wanted to go and glue themselves to the Great Wall.

I'm sure we could get a crowd funding page sorted to faciltate the Grete and the good travelling there.

It would only need to be a one way ticket as well so twice as many could go.

win-win if you ask me.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

With World leaders unwilling/unable to change the speed of destruction it falls into the hands of the people to bring about change.

Impossible to turn a blind eye, no need for binoculars.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
With World leaders unwilling/unable to change the speed of destruction it falls into the hands of the people to bring about change.

Impossible to turn a blind eye, no need for binoculars.

Why am I not surprised. It will be a a race to see who can turn this country back to the Stone age first, these idiots or Corbyn

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Extinction Rebellion protester Nicola Hargreaves responding to Boris Johnson’s dismissal of them as “crusties”: “I’m a solicitor. And I’m dressed in clothes from Whistles that I’m pretty sure don’t have any hemp in them at all. So Boris can shove his comments up his arse.”

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Extinction Rebellion protester Nicola Hargreaves responding to Boris Johnson’s dismissal of them as “crusties”: “I’m a solicitor. And I’m dressed in clothes from Whistles that I’m pretty sure don’t have any hemp in them at all. So Boris can shove his comments up his arse.”

Fucking solicitor...worst of the lot full of shit!

Does she use that sort of language in front of her clients?

Anyway as a solicitor she's probably earned enough money to take all these days off...unlike a lot of the people she's stopping working.

What amazes me is theres one guy thats been arrested 3 times ...what the fuck...how is he allowed back again?

As I said before put em on an all expenses paid trip to China - make it easy for them to go straight to the source of the problem.

Dear Mr chairman I respectfully ask you to cut all Carbon emmissions to zero..smack smack ...next!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:53 am 
Manager
Manager

If China is the problem why don't the EU make sure they are held to the same standards as they ask of themselves?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
If China is the problem why don't the EU make sure they are held to the same standards as they ask of themselves?

What standards specifically are you refering to KK?

If its carbon emmissions you are alluding to then yes why donlt they...its not becuase it would mean people paying more for goods is it by any chance.

While we are considering it ask why the EU are complicit in the destroying of the rain forest in order to farm beef so they can get cheap beef?

The EU so beloved by these anti Brexit capaigners are by their very nature just interested in cheap trade deals that benefit them - they have no interest whatsoever in climate change they are big business.

I believe an environmental tax is the only way forward - tax chinese goods until theyt start [roducing clean good tax brazian beef until they start produced lower carbon footprint beef.

Its simple really ...but it wont happen, why , because we the western consumers want everything cheap and just pay lip service to everythign else.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:02 am 
Manager
Manager

Been a variety of alarmist forecasts over my lifetime, often contradictory, none have come true. If people thought the seas were really going to rise they wouldn't be buying beachfront property for millions, like Obama just did.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/climat ... n-and-lost

Useless now the police, won't even clear the streets.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Talking of extinction, I am reading a book called "1983-The World on the Brink" by Taylor Downing all about the Cold War around that year, it is exceptional reading and I can highly recommend it. How on earth we did not blow the planet up between the USA and the USSR in that time, God only knows. You can buy this book for £3 at The Works.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am 
Manager
Manager

This morning those senseless Extinction Rebellion idiots have halted London Tube journeys by sitting on top of the trains. One was shown on TV being dragged down and kicked and punched by commuters. That's the way to deal with these "idealistic planet savers". Their protests, and points, although valid in many ways, are being lost in a sea of stupidity by these anti-public hold ups, delays and wasting police time. It won't be long before we have the first fatality of one of these idiots. How many innocent members of the public have died already, stuck in an ambulance awaiting urgent treatment only to be delayed in traffic jams caused by these selfish bastards?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
This morning those senseless Extinction Rebellion idiots have halted London Tube journeys by sitting on top of the trains. One was shown on TV being dragged down and kicked and punched by commuters. That's the way to deal with these "idealistic planet savers". Their protests, and points, although valid in many ways, are being lost in a sea of stupidity by these anti-public hold ups, delays and wasting police time. It won't be long before we have the first fatality of one of these idiots. How many innocent members of the public have died already, stuck in an ambulance awaiting urgent treatment only to be delayed in traffic jams caused by these selfish bastards?

You counter balance that by asking how many people die each day because of smog and pollution.

Then how many people will suffer and lose their homes when the sea rises making them displaced and seeking a new home in a fresh continent.
The real stupidity is trusting leaders who get voted in on a false promise.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

You counter balance that by asking how many people die each day because of smog and pollution.

Then how many people will suffer and lose their homes when the sea rises making them displaced and seeking a new home in a fresh continent.
The real stupidity is trusting leaders who get voted in on a false promise.

Obama has just paid out multi-millions for a beach-front property. He's not worried.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I wonder how much the extinction rebellion girls and boys are hoarding bog roll and pasta now?

Who gives a toss about a shitty virus when our planet is dying an that?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I wonder how much the extinction rebellion girls and boys are hoarding bog roll and pasta now?

In retrospect its probably a good job they didnt all go to China to protest directly then isn't it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Rozza wrote:

In retrospect its probably a good job they didnt all go to China to protest directly then isn't it.

Not really.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand