Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:05 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9648
Location: The Cotswolds
I know some of you don't care because whoever will be the devil incarnate, but we all have to face the fact that the next one will be de facto our next PM. And will lead Tories into the next election.

The last Tory leader (May) led the most inept election campaign ever witnessed.

Whoever is going to be leader, I want the candidates NOT just to tell us about Brexit and how they will (attempt to) sort out the mess, but to give me a VISION of the future for this country under their leadership in a nation that HAS left the EU.

No stupid invented data. No 'costed manifesto'. I want to know what are your PRINCIPLES and BIG IDEAS for this country going into the next decade - I want the 20:20 vision (geddit???)

Which leader will Labour fear most?
Which leader will Labour fear least?

But whoever it is, if they don't get Brexit over the line, then I suspect that BOTH parties are in for the biggest kicking ever seen in British electoral politics since Blackadder victory for Baldick in the rotten borough scandal.....

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:09 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
The wish would be someone who has the vision to unite a deeply divided nation,

We seem to have two sides to the nation who wont accept compromise.

So whoever gets their way does so by leaving the opposite side angry.

A poisonous nation being the new reality.


Who could change the formula, who could bring fairness by consensus.

Maybe Justine Greening and Rory Stewart.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:56 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 12083
The next Tory leader will likely serve a shorter term than May. The realities of the situation will be too much for the blusterer who charms the Tory members.

In light of this it is not really worth paying much heed to the Mr Muscle flexing exercises currently going on before the eager British media. Still, it fills the summer...

_________________
Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Shrops out of the contenders who would be on your wishlist?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 12083
knocker knowles wrote:
Shrops out of the contenders who would be on your wishlist?


Well, that's a case of picking whether you want to contract an STD, have your arm amputed or take a baseball bat to the head.

The people I would be most sympathetic toward either won't stand or won't make it through to the final ballot.

Of the announced candidates:
Rory Stewart is the only one I could potentially witness winning without feeling nauseous. Gove is the most competent by some distance.

The rest are absolute bullshitters and schemers who'll have signed the NHS off to American healthcare providers before you can dial 999.

A real shame Labour has left the country so exposed to this scenario, just one abstention/"yes" vote on the deal would've shored up the UK's future standards.

_________________
Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
Roderick James Nugent Stewart OBE MP FRSL FRSGS ...

No Wonder he calls himself 'Rory' to appeal to the commoners amongst us- I bet he likes futba' as well !

The bloke who's answer to over crowding in prisons was remove all sentences less than 6 months - as they didn't really do any good- & no he didn't want them increased to 12 months before you ask!

He is - in my opinion - a privileged twat , some-one who if he was English you -KK - would have be one of the first up against the wall come your glorious revolution.

A what ho tally ho old chap toddle pip arse (but in Scottish)...purely in my opinion of course.

The very antithesis of all you hold dear.

Oh apart from his stint as a teenager in the Labour party , I suppose that elevates him to god like status for some.

Also hes got a face you could just punch...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:36 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
Lump on Sajid, he will piss it.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 12083
Rozza wrote:
Lump on Sajid, he will piss it.


Will the paid-up party members tolerate a darkie?

_________________
Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Lump on Sajid, he will piss it.


Will the paid-up party members tolerate a darkie?


Now they will.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:20 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Suiging out of the contenders who would be on your wishlist?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Lump on Sajid, he will piss it.


Will the paid-up party members tolerate a darkie?


ooooo reverse racism - I like it :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:17 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
davejonesears wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Lump on Sajid, he will piss it.


Will the paid-up party members tolerate a darkie?


ooooo reverse racism - I like it :)


At least he's not ginger...

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4553
Location: London
Jesse Norman, sacked as an adviser for opposing attacking Syria in 2013 and a hardliner on immigration.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 4553
Location: London
davejonesears wrote:
Roderick James Nugent Stewart OBE MP FRSL FRSGS ...

No Wonder he calls himself 'Rory' to appeal to the commoners amongst us- I bet he likes futba' as well !

The bloke who's answer to over crowding in prisons was remove all sentences less than 6 months - as they didn't really do any good- & no he didn't want them increased to 12 months before you ask!

He is - in my opinion - a privileged twat , some-one who if he was English you -KK - would have be one of the first up against the wall come your glorious revolution.

A what ho tally ho old chap toddle pip arse (but in Scottish)...purely in my opinion of course.

The very antithesis of all you hold dear.

Oh apart from his stint as a teenager in the Labour party , I suppose that elevates him to god like status for some.

Also hes got a face you could just punch...


MI6 like his father. No thanks.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Here's my order of preference , What's yours?

1. Rory Stewart
2. Matt Hancock
3. Kit Malthouse
4. Mark Harper
5. Michael Gove
6. Sajid Javid
7. Andrea Leadsom
8. James Cleverly
9. Dominic Raab
10. Esther McVey
11. Jeremy Hunt
12. Boris Johnson

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Here's my order of preference , What's yours?

1. Rory Stewart
2. Matt Hancock
3. Kit Malthouse
4. Mark Harper
5. Michael Gove
6. Sajid Javid
7. Andrea Leadsom
8. James Cleverly
9. Dominic Raab
10. Esther McVey
11. Jeremy Hunt
12. Boris Johnson


Boris it is then

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9648
Location: The Cotswolds
knocker knowles wrote:
Here's my order of preference , What's yours?

1. Rory Stewart
2. Matt Hancock
3. Kit Malthouse
4. Mark Harper
5. Michael Gove
6. Sajid Javid
7. Andrea Leadsom
8. James Cleverly
9. Dominic Raab
10. Esther McVey
11. Jeremy Hunt
12. Boris Johnson


I assume this is 'in reverse order' - or at least the order most favoured by Labour-supporting voters!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:29 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9648
Location: The Cotswolds
If I were:
- a Tory wanting the leader with intelligence and a vision for the future and a record of carrying things out, not just spouting.... Michael Gove
- a Tory desperate for a win at the next election, so wanting someone that people vote for (even if they have no idea why they are voting, and don't care much).... Boris Johnson
- a Leaver who wants no deal, but to crash out.... Esther McVey
- a doctor who just wants to make sure he can never be Health Secretary ... Jeremy Hunt

and so it goes on. Each has a reason for picking, but equally each therefore has few actual supporters. Whoever wins will be the 12th choice of a tiny few, 11th of a smidgeon, 10th of a telephone box full, 9th of a park bench, 8th of a box-room..... 2nd of a committee room full, and 1st choice of a small select group at a garden party in your back garden.

However many votes the winner gets from MPs he or she will probably have been first choice of no more than 25. It will not be a ringing endorsement. And the members may well choose the LESS favoured candidate.

A general election will almost certainly be called within 3 months.

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
If I were:
- a Tory wanting the leader with intelligence and a vision for the future and a record of carrying things out, not just spouting.... Michael Gove
- a Tory desperate for a win at the next election, so wanting someone that people vote for (even if they have no idea why they are voting, and don't care much).... Boris Johnson
- a Leaver who wants no deal, but to crash out.... Esther McVey
- a doctor who just wants to make sure he can never be Health Secretary ... Jeremy Hunt

and so it goes on. Each has a reason for picking, but equally each therefore has few actual supporters. Whoever wins will be the 12th choice of a tiny few, 11th of a smidgeon, 10th of a telephone box full, 9th of a park bench, 8th of a box-room..... 2nd of a committee room full, and 1st choice of a small select group at a garden party in your back garden.

However many votes the winner gets from MPs he or she will probably have been first choice of no more than 25. It will not be a ringing endorsement. And the members may well choose the LESS favoured candidate.

A general election will almost certainly be called within 3 months.


If he gets to the final two the members will choose KK's least favoured candidate!

but yes the final line of your[post says it all ...
The Torys will continue to argue even after choosing a new leader.
Rory Stewart has already started FFS, hopefully ensuring he will fall at the first hurdle.

Hammond , Grieve ,Rudd et al will continue to undermine at every opportunity making a GE more or less inevitable.

I only hope if that happens those three (at the very least) will reap what they have sown and not be re-elected.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:55 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9648
Location: The Cotswolds
If we are heading for a GE, it will be interesting to see how many local conservative associations (and indeed Labour ones) de-select MPs who have frustrated Brexit. Could be bloody on all sides!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
So who is everyones FIRST choice, I see Ken Clarke has endorsed my choice.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
knocker knowles wrote:
So who is everyones FIRST choice, I see Ken Clarke has endorsed my choice.


Endorsed your choice - is it just me or is that a funny statement in itself?

Did he stand up in the HoC and state ..."I fully endorse Knocker Knowles' choice of candidate" :)

Anyway I should think being touted by both Ken Clark & a Momentum supporting Socialist should show exactly what sort of bloke Roderick James Nugent "Rory" Stewart OBE FRSL FRSGS MP is ...he's the very antithesis of all you KK hold dear - as I said on a previous post ...if he was voting No Deal he'd be at the bottom or your list.

To paraphrase Brian Clough I'm not sure he's quite bottom of mine but hes in the bottom 1!

I really need to have a read up on the candidates but tbh there's a lot of chaff promoting themselves so I'm not sure i have the time , it also shows how flipantly some are treating this.

I think Gove is a clever operator in general but I don't trust him.
I think Boris has a lot of strengths & appeal but his foot in mouth approach may not really be suited- hes not as stupid as some make out though.
Cleverley- nope ...any bloke who wears a jacket & a shirt but no tie won't get my vote- who does he think he is -Richard Branson?
Javid -I don't share Rozza's belief, nothing really distinctive I'm just not sure about him-
Rabb- hes definitely a maybe- I may look at him a little more.

The rest I have no real idea about tbh.

If I get a spare day or two (or maybe a apare week) to read up on them I'll get back to you - but just to be clear Rory Stewart ?...don't make me laugh.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
I would be interested to know what B. Johnsons strengths are?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
knocker knowles wrote:
I would be interested to know what B. Johnsons strengths are?


Sorry yeah that did sort of come across the wrong way - I meant he was a strong candidate that had a lot of support at grass roots.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:09 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I would be interested to know what B. Johnsons strengths are?


Sorry yeah that did sort of come across the wrong way - I meant he was a strong candidate that had a lot of support at grass roots.


He was certainly a popular and hard working Mayor of London. And unlike the failed Poly-Student, Corbyn, he chaired his Oxbridge debating society and was widely respected as an academic in his own right.

Yes, he's a buffoon. Is he at the same level of buffoonery as Abbott or Corbyn ? Certainly not.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
So now the battle are being drawn - One Nation Caucus vs. the ERG ,who will win?

The thing is Boris is right , If they don't deliver Brexit they are royally fucked & and face an existential threat.
(For someone you don't rate KK, I bet you are praying he is right).

The problem is the ONC are already making overtones of not supporting a Brexiteer if he/she becomes PM.
So they still haven't listened, they would rather have a GE & the threat of Corbyn by default (there would be no other way) than accept a No Deal if needs be!

You couldn't make it up absolutely pathetic.

I see Rodders used the 'unicorn' word , what a child!

He must be trying to appeal to those social media warriors- of which he is of course one.
yep he's a tw@t alright and becoming a bigger one by the day-a complete dickhead.

btw I have been told of an interview with an ex-SAS guy who absolutely slates him.
I will have to try and find it out for your delight and delectation- should be an informative read.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 7158
Boris is our version of Donald Trump, a fool and an embarrassment.

Two contenders chances possibly ruined by admitting to playing with drugs

Only Gove, Hancock, Hunt, Javid, Johnson, and Rabb, have the backing, and remain out of the 17 original names, with a Monday deadline

In a Tory popularity contest...the fool wins easily

Politics, like life lacks leaders

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
Gove totally unprompted tells us all that he is sorry for taking cocaine many years ago? wtf, who cares , self promotion at its despicable worst.

I bet none of um ever feel the need to tell the public that they followed through after a few pints and some mussels once and had to throw their pants over a hedge.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 12083
Rozza wrote:
Gove totally unprompted tells us all that he is sorry for taking cocaine many years ago? wtf, who cares , self promotion at its despicable worst.

I bet none of um ever feel the need to tell the public that they followed through after a few pints and some mussels once and had to throw their pants over a hedge.


I doubt it's anything to do with promotion, drug use isn't something you tend to promote to the Tory membership of elderly old dears.

It all seems more like a damage limitation job, having been informed a paper is going to do a headline splash on "Gove's coke shame" or the like.

Damage limitation is that you simply reveal it yourself, seemingly unprompted.

Once candidate A gets smeared, the paper who is backing candidate A starts digging up its sources to smear candidate B ASAP. This is why so many stories have quickly emerged against all candidates.

_________________
Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Next Tory Leader?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Gove totally unprompted tells us all that he is sorry for taking cocaine many years ago? wtf, who cares , self promotion at its despicable worst.

I bet none of um ever feel the need to tell the public that they followed through after a few pints and some mussels once and had to throw their pants over a hedge.


I doubt it's anything to do with promotion, drug use isn't something you tend to promote to the Tory membership of elderly old dears.

It all seems more like a damage limitation job, having been informed a paper is going to do a headline splash on "Gove's coke shame" or the like.

Damage limitation is that you simply reveal it yourself, seemingly unprompted.

Once candidate A gets smeared, the paper who is backing candidate A starts digging up its sources to smear candidate B ASAP. This is why so many stories have quickly emerged against all candidates.


One hazards to think what Corbyn was taking to make him find Abbott attractive.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.