Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
https://youtu.be/N2w0QweWlrQ

This is what you will be voting for.

A banana is actually a berry and a strawberry isn’t.

And a Thornberry often grows wild.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:11 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
https://youtu.be/N2w0QweWlrQ

This is what you will be voting for.

I liked her better when she played snooker for Canada.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

We could do better having snooker players running the country instead of the current bunch of cunning stunts called politicians....

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:07 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
We could do better having snooker players running the country instead of the current bunch of cunning stunts called politicians....

Well the current so called leader is somewhat snookered at the moment.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I liked her better when she played snooker for Canada.

She'll have us falling off a Cliff next.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

That's the country, completely snookered. Stuck behind a stinking Parliament with the horror story to end all horror stories, a glimps of the red on the table.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

That's the country, completely snookered. Stuck behind a stinking Parliament with the horror story to end all horror stories, a glimps of the red on the table.

The horror story is what started as a Tory internal squabble will end with Johnson going full UKIP.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 am 
Manager
Manager

I hope when Jeremy Corbyn accepts the challenge from Boris Johnson of a General Election he does so with one proviso.

That in the five week period given to selling your manifesto that we are given a weekly televised debate by the two leaders.

Debates on the key issues facing the country.

Brexit.

The Economy.

The NHS.

Security.

Education.

Lets sort this on policy not trivia.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

TV debates are just personality contests in front of planted audiences keen to become a meme conducted purely for the benefit of TV ratings. We don't need them.

Far more effective would be putting party leader in a one-on-one interview with a really skilled interviewer who would then go through their manifesto piece-by-piece and then the viewers see how it holds up to scrutiny away from the white noise of most political discourse.

After the interviews they will be no "spin rooms" with a team of gurning bullshitting MPs eager to sell even the lousiest performance of their leader as a superb success just to earn themselves a cabinet position down the line.

The viewers should be allowed to reflect and make up their own minds without being brainwashed.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:13 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
TV debates are just personality contests in front of planted audiences keen to become a meme conducted purely for the benefit of TV ratings. We don't need them.

Far more effective would be putting party leader in a one-on-one interview with a really skilled interviewer who would then go through their manifesto piece-by-piece and then the viewers see how it holds up to scrutiny away from the white noise of most political discourse.

After the interviews they will be no "spin rooms" with a team of gurning bullshitting MPs eager to sell even the lousiest performance of their leader as a superb success just to earn themselves a cabinet position down the line.

The viewers should be allowed to reflect and make up their own minds without being brainwashed.

I think Labour have little choice because the election will be won and lost on the opponents media, print and vision.
So Labour have to try and create a platform that could show their leader is capable while showcasing the Prime Minister is not.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I think Labour have little choice because the election will be won and lost on the opponents media, print and vision.
So Labour have to try and create a platform that could show their leader is capable while showcasing the Prime Minister is not.

As every general election in memory has done so? Your point has no meaning.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

As every general election in memory has done so? Your point has no meaning.

The point being folk have to see it with their own eyes rather than believe all the bullshit that will be coming their way.
In my view Jeremy Corbyn has the opportunity to do a few things on his terms due to the numbers required to create an election any time soon.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
The point being folk have to see it with their own eyes rather than believe all the bullshit that will be coming their way.
In my view Jeremy Corbyn has the opportunity to do a few things on his terms due to the numbers required to create an election any time soon.

In my view the bullshit comes from all sides to all sides but you only see the bits you want to. It looks to me like you are getting your excuses in now so you can blame the media if you lose. I think you underestimate the ability of the electorate to make up their own minds rather than believe the bullshit.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

In my view the bullshit comes from all sides to all sides but you only see the bits you want to. It looks to me like you are getting your excuses in now so you can blame the media if you lose. I think you underestimate the ability of the electorate to make up their own minds rather than believe the bullshit.

You forget one crucial fact knocker that Corbyn is a useless twat.

You have one vote just like a billionaire has. You choose to use it as do they in the way they see fit. You can use it in anyway you see fit to support who you need to based on YOUR perceptions of them and if they will benefit you or you just plain like them, free choice.

Only if you are electing local councillors in Alum Rock or Sparkhill will your choice be dictated to and directed by another, but that's just cultural ay it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

You forget one crucial fact knocker that Corbyn is a useless twat.

You have one vote just like a billionaire has. You choose to use it as do they in the way they see fit. You can use it in anyway you see fit to support who you need to based on YOUR perceptions of them and if they will benefit you or you just plain like them, free choice.

Only if you are electing local councillors in Alum Rock or Sparkhill will your choice be dictated to and directed by another, but that's just cultural ay it.

I hope ALL Tories believe Jeremy Corbyn to be a useless twat, as much as I believe Boris Johnson to be a useless twat.
So the general public have the opportunity to watch both twats asking those very same important questions that effect the nation.
Then if the one twat proves himself more of a twat may that twat lose.
Whats wrong with that?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:37 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Nothing at all, tis politics.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Point being by having both sides going head to head its possible to remove some of the outside manipulation.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Point being by having both sides going head to head its possible to remove some of the outside manipulation.

So why doesn't your twat have the courage of his own convictions then?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I think its a question of choosing the right moment.

With Johnson trashing his own party while full of bluster regards the nation the longer the wait the more the seats come a General Election.

Its enjoyable from my point of view watching the Tory party cut to its knees with more self inflicted harm the order of the day.
Why agree to an election when that would rally the Tories under one banner. Fuck that, let them continue to burn their own house down.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

With Johnson trashing his own party while full of bluster regards the nation the longer the wait the more the seats come a General Election.

Its enjoyable from my point of view watching the Tory party cut to its knees with more self inflicted harm the order of the day.
Why agree to an election when that would rally the Tories under one banner. Fuck that, let them continue to burn their own house down.

Absolute rubbish..Corbyn and the Labour party have been calling for a GE for at least 2 years and now they have the chance the don't have the courage of their convictions.

They STILL haven't decided what Brexit position they will base their manifesto on...not that it matters anyway as they've shown they can't be trusted to stand by it.

Nought but chancers and charlatons the lot of em.

If the Torys and the Brexit party were to agree to a pact in the North they would walk it.

Pathetic.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Point being by having both sides going head to head its possible to remove some of the outside manipulation.[/quote]

So why doesn't your twat have the courage of his own convictions then?[/quote]

Why agree to an election when that would rally the Tories under one banner. Fuck that, let them continue to burn their own house down.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish..Corbyn and the Labour party have been calling for a GE for at least 2 years and now they have the chance the don't have the courage of their convictions.

They STILL haven't decided what Brexit position they will base their manifesto on...not that it matters anyway as they've shown they can't be trusted to stand by it.

Nought but chancers and charlatons the lot of em.

If the Torys and the Brexit party were to agree to a pact in the North they would walk it.

Pathetic.[/quote]

I think Labour would have gone for an election as soon as it was offered had they not created an alliance with opposition parties on the rejection of NO DEAL platform.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:43 am 
Manager
Manager

The Office for National Statistics says there was a 22% increase of homeless people who died in 2018 in England and Wales compared to the previous year which is the highest rise since records began

The ammunition is there, have Labour the ability and the platform to use it.

This news is truly disgraceful

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:29 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The Office for National Statistics says there was a 22% increase of homeless people who died in 2018 in England and Wales compared to the previous year which is the highest rise since records began

Inner City, Labour run Councils for you. I agree, disgraceful.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Inner City, Labour run Councils for you. I agree, disgraceful.

Yet budgets are determined by Government central office in London, the level of devolvement required from which to blame regions has not happened.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Have a look a bit deeper knocker and see what the majority of them died of. The problem is not a political one it is a societal one. Substance abuse in the homeless is endemic.

Here's a thought to ponder on, I have met many many people who have committed a crime or crime to get sent down so that they can get themselves clean and straight and fed and watered whilst in prison, mainly for crimes that carry a three to six month stretch depending on their offending history.

During their time in prison their chaotic lives have a little balance and structure for them to re-group. Now, as an ex offender manager I know that because they have so little support or wherewithal when released its usually back on the gear and the roller coaster starts again.

BUT, for those 3 to 6 months inside they refrained from killing themselves and or creating more civilian victims. Now Labour want to get rid of those 6 month sentences, what do you think will happen then when they do??

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A typical political point scoring approach by KK by trying to blame the Tories when there are many factors in play. I agree with Rozza that it is a societal rather than a political issue that needs working on with the consensus of all involved. Rozza has some professional experience which many of us do not, and is worth listening to.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Labour's new 'open door' immigration policy will really help.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:10 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Have a look a bit deeper knocker and see what the majority of them died of. The problem is not a political one it is a societal one. Substance abuse in the homeless is endemic.

Here's a thought to ponder on, I have met many many people who have committed a crime or crime to get sent down so that they can get themselves clean and straight and fed and watered whilst in prison, mainly for crimes that carry a three to six month stretch depending on their offending history.

During their time in prison their chaotic lives have a little balance and structure for them to re-group. Now, as an ex offender manager I know that because they have so little support or wherewithal when released its usually back on the gear and the roller coaster starts again.

BUT, for those 3 to 6 months inside they refrained from killing themselves and or creating more civilian victims. Now Labour want to get rid of those 6 month sentences, what do you think will happen then when they do??

Cheers for that Roz, It seems we shouldn't expect inter connected front line services working as a unit.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Cheers for that Roz, It seems we shouldn't expect inter connected front line services working as a unit.

We certainly won't get that whilst people are going for political point scoring rather than co-operation.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand