Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Just a point on Broadband.

If you know your history it was Thatcher who turned broadband into an also ran in the UK from a position of world leader.

Look it up.

Yes, let's look at broadband. The communists want to give it to all free of charge by nationalising BT Outreach. This will of course remove all competition from the market, and give communists complete charge of the web. Big Brother doesn't come close.

In addition, look at the communist's commitment to repeal the union laws. Mr and Mrs Bloggs in Hull have an argument over their pay in a canteen. They call for a strike. Their nephew, is a shop steward for the newly privatised BT. Without the lawful restraint now in place, the nephew calls out his local branch of the union in support, which in turn calls out the entire nationalised BT workforce ( remember the 70s). The result? an argument over pies in Hull closes the country down. Welcome to the world of New Labour.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

In financial news today, France reports a huge surge in new business registration, after cuts in taxes Incuding Capital Gains and inheritance.

So, cut taxes, see businesses bloom. Vote Labour, increase taxes, and you'll get.........

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:08 am 
Manager
Manager

The top 1% of society, the idle rich are winning a weekly lottery through dividends in the broadband industry because they are the priority not the customer.

Same with the Water Industry.

National scandals with continued underinvestment.

They bought the silly working class off years ago with five hundred quids worth of shares.

Little knowing they would be paying back through the arse pocket through perpetuity.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The top 1% of society, the idle rich are winning a weekly lottery through dividends in the broadband industry because they are the priority not the customer.

They bought the silly working class off years ago with five hundred quids worth of shares.

Little knowing they would be paying back through the arse pocket through perpetuity.

Do you mean the pension funds that millions of working men and women rely on in their old age?
I'm sure you're aware that pension funds are by far the biggest investors in relatively stable, dividend paying shates?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Once again you disrespect the intelligence of those you profess to care most about.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Do you mean the pension funds that millions of working men and women rely on in their old age?
I'm sure you're aware that pension funds are by far the biggest investors in relatively stable, dividend paying shates?

If we break it down those pension pots accounts, they are less than a third of whats divvied up.
We are talking 15% premiums into the idle rich bank accounts, its investments that cannot lose. Its a scam basically.
Meanwhile to maintain that they wont invest the required capital into Rural broadband, that's the expensive side of the deal they choose to ignore.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
If we break it down those pension pots accounts, they are less than a third of whats divvied up.
We are talking 15% premiums into the idle rich bank accounts, its investments that cannot lose. Its a scam basically.
Meanwhile to maintain that they wont invest the required capital into Rural broadband, that's the expensive side of the deal they choose to ignore.

It would be interesting to see your source for this information and that it is not just being made up. How for example do they define the idle rich? I am interested to understand how the scam works.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Free teeth, free broadband and free trees, when one of them gives Wolves 3 points each week I'll pay more attention.
Sadly the tories are romping home

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Free teeth, free broadband and free trees, when one of them gives Wolves 3 points each week I'll pay more attention.
Sadly the tories are romping home

It would certainly be interesting if we had a Labour Party to vote for

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:36 am 
Manager
Manager

It certainly shows how bad a Corbyn lead Labour party are viewed by the public.

Not matter how much the tories mess up, they are and will hammer Labour, hopefully sending the unelectable Corbyn into oblivion.
The two main parties are lead by two fools, who both hang around like a bad smell, in the hope they will be last man standing.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:47 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Not matter how much the tories mess up, they are and will hammer Labour, hopefully sending the unelectable Corbyn into oblivion.
The two main parties are lead by two fools, who both hang around like a bad smell, in the hope they will be last man standing.

I joust with KK in order to counter his Marxist rhetoric. I would like to see an alternative to Johnson, but when it comes to anyone other than Corbyn, I'd dig up Screaming Lord Sutch and vote for a dead looney rather than the Tramp.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

I joust with KK in order to counter his Marxist rhetoric. I would like to see an alternative to Johnson, but when it comes to anyone other than Corbyn, I'd dig up Screaming Lord Sutch and vote for a dead looney rather than the Tramp.

As you get older you tend to laugh at the absurdity of it all, as the younger folk get heated due to their perceptions rather than the reality.
There are politicians who would previously lead you to the mute button such as Sam Gyimah who as a Tory talked the party line. Now matter the bollocks of the message.
Now with a freedom to air his own views as a Libdemer he talks a lot of sense.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:56 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
talked the party line. Now matter the bollocks of the message.

I would have thought that was right up your street KK.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:10 am 
Manager
Manager

There simply isn’t time to negotiate a comprehensive Free Trade Agreement in 2020. Not credible to argue otherwise.

David Gauke.

Hammer this message home Labour.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
There simply isn’t time to negotiate a comprehensive Free Trade Agreement in 2020. Not credible to argue otherwise.

David Gauke.

David Gauke......Ha ha ha ha

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:53 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

David Gauke.

As a person he is worth any ten of the current Tory front bench.

More important what he says is true.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:56 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

David Gauke.

As a person he is worth any ten of the current Tory front bench.

More important what he says is true.

His support for the peodophile claims made by Watson turned out to be ....what exactly ?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

“This is great disappointment to me, realising that I have spent over 30 years of my life working for a party that I now know that I have nothing in common with. This is not the party I joined, the party for decent working people. I can no longer follow the clown that leads the Labour Party, he is heavily influenced by the Trotskyite Len McCluskey and is now as the Hoki Coki leader, in out, and shake it all about he has turned this great party into a laughing stock.

Please cancel the direct debit made in favour of your party by me and return all money’s taken by you through Leicester City Council Labour Group to me. I am also shocked that you have chosen a candidate who is a Councillor in Jeremy Corbyn’s Islington CLP to be the Labour Candidate for Leicester East for the next General Election. Where is the democracy in all this? It is a fix and a disgrace.”

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:03 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

I’m not particularly a fan of these head to head debates but I thought that was worth watching

The presenter did a difficult job well in my view and was the overall winner!

On balance I thought Corbyn did better than might have been expected and Johnson did worse principally because he kept making the same point about Corbyn ‘s failure to declare his hand in his Brexit policy. By repeating it excessively he actually diluted the force of the point he was making which is actually a good one.It is ridiculous for Corbyn to be still unable to say whether he personally would campaign for Leave or Remain if he won and put the decision back to another referendum. That is not any kind of leadership.

At a superficial level Corbyn spoke well about inequality and the end of austerity - and he came up with the best joke - the reference to A Christmas Carol- which was a surprise. I’d expect a Labour bounce after that. You can see why he has built a following - he’s a decent speaker. I wouldn’t vote for him though.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought it was poor fare from start to finish with both leaders unable and unwilling to speak with any clarity.

I thought Etchingham was unable to control the undisciplined Johnson who behaved like a drunk toff in a bar looking to speak over everyone.

Jeremy Corbyn lacked the quick wit to take advantage of the pompous oaf while also failing to hammer home key points.

Labour had more to gain so should see this as an opportunity missed.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

I don't see any need for these debates in the UK except to generate viewing figures and column inches but I did end up seeing it by chance last night.

On the whole, I thought Corbyn performed better than Johnson, whose rambling incoherence without the braying of his hordes behind him fell decidedly flat and he exposed his total weakness for being weak on detail and substance. It was obviously that, like in his schooldays, Johnson had not bothered to do his homework and was merely relying on Brand Boris to pull him through.

Corbyn is however a weak orator and simply doesn't have the intellectual skills to nail home his arguments and expose the contradictions and flaws in his opponent's plans. This also means that he has a tendency to muddle his own lines and fail to land any blows of consequence

For example, asked whether the union was more important, Corbyn chose to take the line of attack of Johnson's deal (not a bad choice), but ended up saying that a problem of the deal was it would "create a border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland", which is true in itself but isn't the right line in the context of the union question - this should have been "it will create a border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK" - i.e. Johnson's deal is THE threat to the union, while a Labour deal would protect the union.

A more skilled debater with a livelier mind would have utterly rinsed Johnson, but Corbyn was too slow to pin Johnson down with force for anything but a few fleeting moments (someone should also tell him that his askew-positioned glasses do him no presentation favours).

All in all, another reminder that the UK is and will continue to be ruled by intellectual lightweights, with the real strings pulled by the shadowy ideological masters lurking behind them.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I decided that I didn't want to waste an hour of my life listening to them repeating what they had already said a thousand times and trying to score point off each other. it seems I made the right decision. Your point about the real masters is well made Shrops. Cummings seems like a nasty piece of work and I find McDonnell sinister and McCluskey worrying. I am finding it very difficult to find someone I can find it in my heart to vote for at the election.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

The argument that it will be easy to agree a Free Trade Agreement because we start off aligned is entirely bogus. Boris Johnson’s position is that we shouldn’t be aligned with the EU. In an FTA negotiation it’s not the starting point that matters but the destination #ITVDebate

David Gauke.

Jeremy Corbyn had an early opportunity to nail that key Tory slogan on the Johnson bus for what it is.
He failed.

Absolute rubbish to think there can be a quick trade deal next year.

Its key to this election...……….Expose this cobblers for what it is.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

I am afraid we have a poor choice. Both are weak on detail and rely on other strengths:
Boris has charm and is brilliant at working a small room & individuals. He has charisma that simply does not translate onto TV screens, especially in set pieces like last night.
Jeremy is devoid of charm but has some VERY scary mates behind him pulling his strings. He is an intellectual lightweight who just regurgitates old and discredited political mantras.

The best for BOTH parties will be for Tories to win, Boris to ‘do’ Brexit, get bored & resign or be kicked out by party, and meanwhile Labour has realised they need a leader who leads, and elect someone who realised that Labour will NEVER get back into power until they have policies that attracts &not repel hardworking people.

(I hate the rhetoric about ‘hard working manual workers’ and ‘lazy rich folk’. The simple fact is that too many manual workers do NOT work hard, but do enough to not get sacked, and many quite well off people -as well as many poorer folk - work bloody hard, and that is why they have become well off!)

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I thought it was poor fare from start to finish with both leaders unable and unwilling to speak with any clarity.

Jeremy Corbyn lacked the quick wit to take advantage of the pompous oaf while also failing to hammer home key points.

Labour had more to gain so should see this as an opportunity missed.

IMO this is a fair assessment, of it.
It was poor veiwing

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Liar liar pants on fire

https://youtu.be/R5252c8ZQJA

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 am 
Manager
Manager

Someone hasn't been on for a while. Defending the indefensible must be tiring.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

sorry I've been a bit busy...
:)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:

sorry I've been a bit busy...
:)

Tee hee

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Corbyn's had a bad week
Boris is leading by a mile
And the SNP are deluded
..what a state Britain is in

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand