Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: New Labour Leader.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Spot on - Wilson was an OUTSTANDING scholar - a brilliant intellect - but also a cunning fox! He never smoked a pipe in private (he was a cigars man) or drank beer. But he needed the 'image' of the common man which at the time was pipe and beer.

My only disagreement would be his reason for leaving.

I understood that he was only too well aware of his sudden declining intellectual powers due to early onset of some form of dementia. He quickly deteriorated and disappeared from public life as - presumably - Alzheimers took its toll.

A sad end to a brilliant career.

And to think current Labour members are choosing between a bunch who seem to prove themselves on having failed most of their GCSEs at school 'but still dun good in the real world'. Even Starmer seems determined to play down his reasonably able hinterland.

Inverted snobbery? I WANT the country to be run by clever people, whatever their politics, not a bunch who don't know their split infinitives from their adverbs or their apostrophes!

As Barbara Castle was the politician who lived longest we can see with her views on New Labour her thoughts that her party had moved to far to the right and had accepted far to much in the way of Market forces.
She as would most of the 1960s, 1970s Labour party be more in tune with the current Labour policies particularly those domestically.

Baroness Castle of Blackburn was indeed a great politician and would run rings around the likes of Phillips or Wrong-Daily, but she was hardly a Marxist.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:16 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Spot on - Wilson was an OUTSTANDING scholar - a brilliant intellect - but also a cunning fox! He never smoked a pipe in private (he was a cigars man) or drank beer. But he needed the 'image' of the common man which at the time was pipe and beer.

My only disagreement would be his reason for leaving.

I understood that he was only too well aware of his sudden declining intellectual powers due to early onset of some form of dementia. He quickly deteriorated and disappeared from public life as - presumably - Alzheimers took its toll.

A sad end to a brilliant career.

And to think current Labour members are choosing between a bunch who seem to prove themselves on having failed most of their GCSEs at school 'but still dun good in the real world'. Even Starmer seems determined to play down his reasonably able hinterland.

Inverted snobbery? I WANT the country to be run by clever people, whatever their politics, not a bunch who don't know their split infinitives from their adverbs or their apostrophes!

As Barbara Castle was the politician who lived longest we can see with her views on New Labour her thoughts that her party had moved to far to the right and had accepted far to much in the way of Market forces.
She as would most of the 1960s, 1970s Labour party be more in tune with the current Labour policies particularly those domestically.

Baroness Castle of Blackburn was indeed a great politician and would run rings around the likes of Phillips or Wrong-Daily, but she was hardly a Marxist.

She wondered how the Soviet Union would have taken shape had Lenin lived longer rather than having Stalin mould the country.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

She also thought Maggie Thatcher was a remarkable woman.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/02/1 ... he-unwoke/

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I see the current Labour losers are bellyaching about the removal of CONVICTED criminals from this country, they just dont learn do they.
For the few not the many I see. They support the countries retention of some of the vilest criminals in society today who were CONVICTED already by the fairest and most equitable judicial system in the world.
These scumbags deserve nothing but contempt if they were British, the fact that nearly all of them are foreign nationals beggars belief that anyone would support them at all.

I hope Jezza and Di get a couple of pipehead Yardmen living and dealing, wounding, shooting and raping next door to them.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bunch of clowns.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I see the current Labour losers are bellyaching about the removal of CONVICTED criminals from this country, they just dont learn do they.
For the few not the many I see. They support the countries retention of some of the vilest criminals in society today who were CONVICTED already by the fairest and most equitable judicial system in the world.
These scumbags deserve nothing but contempt if they were British, the fact that nearly all of them are foreign nationals beggars belief that anyone would support them at all.

I hope Jezza and Di get a couple of pipehead Yardmen living and dealing, wounding, shooting and raping next door to them.

They also use Butler and Co to play the race card. Suddenly they are not scum of the highest order, but poor little black boys treated that way "Cos they is black init". Somehow they have missed the far greater number of "white" people deported for the same every year. Albanians, Hungarians, Poles etc etc are criminals and deserve to be deported because they are what ? Convicted like these scum, or because they are white ?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

Its certainly good feed for the working class gammon that a good man views human rights for all as a need.
Jeremy Corbyn does believe that ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL.

Gammon man says, only if you live by the rules of our society should you expect to be treated as an equal.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Its certainly good feed for the working class gammon that a good man views human rights for all as a need.

Gammon man says, only if you live by the rules of our society should you expect to be treated as an equal.

Usual myopic misguided bollocks from you KK, I expect nothing less nowadays. I take a less pragmatic view than you loon panted ageing loons in that I care more about the victims of these shitbags crimes and the belief that fucking them off will prevent more innocent people becoming their victims in the future.

Gammon? another load of bollocks chosen to denigrate anyone from any backgrounds who's opinions do not match theirs.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Usual myopic misguided bollocks from you KK, I expect nothing less nowadays. I take a less pragmatic view than you loon panted ageing loons in that I care more about the victims of these shitbags crimes and the belief that fucking them off will prevent more innocent people becoming their victims in the future.

Gammon? another load of bollocks chosen to denigrate anyone from any backgrounds who's opinions do not match theirs.

I include myself as part of the GAMMON in respect of this issue.

It is an achilles heel in the Jeremy Corbyn mindset that has been seized on and exaggerated on for political purpose for decades.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

It is an achilles heel in the Jeremy Corbyn mindset that has been seized on and exaggerated on for political purpose for decades.

The fact that you are willing to use a generic derogatory term in that way demonstrates to me how little you really care about the general population.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:14 am 
Manager
Manager

]I see the current Labour losers are bellyaching about the removal of CONVICTED criminals from this country, they just dont learn do they.

I hope Jezza and Di get a couple of pipehead Yardmen living and dealing, wounding, shooting and raping next door to them.[/quote]

Gammon man says, only if you live by the rules of our society should you expect to be treated as an equal.[/quote]

Gammon? another load of bollocks chosen to denigrate anyone from any backgrounds who's opinions do not match theirs.[/quote]

It is an achilles heel in the Jeremy Corbyn mindset that has been seized on and exaggerated on for political purpose for decades.[/quote]

Just to go back to the point regards weakness.
If there was one big issue why not to vote Labour it was about how they as a party have let down the children up and down the land who have fell victim to grooming gangs.
Sarah Champion should have been fully supported. Its a disgrace she was not.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
]

Sarah Champion should have been fully supported. Its a disgrace she was not.

That's the second time today I have had cause to agree with you. I see that the party is still getting in a twist though over it's desire not to show any sort of discrimination (except perhaps against gammons). I am thinking of the issue of transgenders born male being able to use women's place of safety refuges - sometimes there is a place for pragmatism over political correctness.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Labour Leadership Voting Intention:

Keir Starmer: 53% (+7)
Rebecca Long-Bailey: 31% (-1)
Lisa Nandy: 16% (+9)

Via @YouGov, 20-25 Feb.
Changes w/ 13-15 Jan.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Labour Leadership Voting Intention:

Keir Starmer: 53% (+7)
Rebecca Long-Bailey: 31% (-1)
Lisa Nandy: 16% (+9)

Via @YouGov, 20-25 Feb.
Changes w/ 13-15 Jan.

I'm afraid Labour need a leader who will appeal to their 'old' heartlands. Stamer is not that man.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Starmer to win, and with no Corbyn and Abbott, already Labour "looks" a better proposition.
Then on April 4, the hard work starts.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Starmer to win, and with no Corbyn and Abbott, already Labour "looks" a better proposition.

Gammon ay ya.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Gammon ay ya.

And there-in lies the problem. I can just see the privileged, white, multi-squillionnaire, explaining his work for terrorists as a Civil Rights lawyer, and his views on not sending criminals to jail, along with his dull persona-claiming to be "one of them" in a working man's club in Darlington.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:46 am 
Manager
Manager

1 March 1966. James Callaghan, the Labour Chancellor of the Exchequer, announced that Britain would change over to decimal currency in 1971.

It was the beginning of the end.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://order-order.com/2020/03/04/conv ... llowances/

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

What a disaster. Brillo tore Stammer and Wrong Daily to pieces. Stammer's view on the victims of grooming gangs mean I sincerely hope he'll never come to Telford. Utter disgrace.

Edited to explain. Stammer fobbed of the victims of Asian Grooming Gangs by saying he asked himself if the victims had gone straight to the police and if they had had further contact with their abusers - the old tired, completely time inappropriate, CPS tests. I nearly fell off my seat with rage. In the inner City North, these kids from broken homes have grown up with a different view of the force from mommies boy Stammer. The girls did tell their social workers the awful details, who in turn, then told the local police, who due to woke sensitivity and under dire threats from the local councils, did nothing. The whole psychological effect's of grooming, left the girls in fear of their abusers and when nothing was done by the authorities to investigate or bring them to book, left the girls thinking these scum were untouchable and they felt they had no choice but to let them continue with their abuse. For Stammer to say that he thought nothing was going on, as he had applied his two - wealthy barrister, privileged tests to the girls in such dire circumstances, and the results led him to do nothing..... is obscene.

Sorry about the above, big fingers small phone mistakes.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
What a disaster. Brillo tore Stammer and Wrong Daily to pieces. Stammer's view on the victims of grooming gangs mean I sincerely hope he'll never come to Telford. Utter disgrace.

Edited to explain. Stammer fobbed of the victims of Asian Grooming Gangs by saying he asked himself if the victims had gone straight to the police and if they had had further contact with their abusers - the old tired, completely time inappropriate, CPS tests. I nearly fell off my seat with rage. In the inner City North, these kids from broken homes have grown up with a different view of the force from mommies boy Stammer. The girls did tell their social workers the awful details, who in turn, then told the local police, who due to woke sensitivity and under dire threats from the local councils, did nothing. The whole psychological effect's of grooming, left the girls in fear of their abusers and when nothing was done by the authorities to investigate or bring them to book, left the girls thinking these scum were untouchable and they felt they had no choice but to let them continue with their abuse. For Stammer to say that he thought nothing was going on, as he had applied his two - wealthy barrister, privileged tests to the girls in such dire circumstances, and the results led him to do nothing..... is obscene.

Sorry about the above, big fingers small phone mistakes.

The other fear is Police Forces up and down the land turned a blind eye because of fear of being called racist.
Its still happening today, it cheapens life, it cheapens all of us.

The perpetrators should have had their bollocks removed very slowly in public squares.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Gammon ay ya.[/quote]

You're HAMMING it up then..???

:-)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:20 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

We find out today.

Presumably it is Starmer. Will be interesting to see t,he roles he gives leadership candidtes in shadow cabinet. Expect leading roles for Nandy, Phillips & Thornberry, but minor role for Wrong-Daily.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am 
Manager
Manager

The dynamic speech impediment it is. He will try to bore voters into submission.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:36 am 
Manager
Manager

It has to be better than what the party has had these last ten years. Not seen any posts by KK of late on the site, hope he is OK..??

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:43 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I hope he leads the Labour Party better than he led the CPS otherwise they will become a right shambles,.... erm.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Being a Sir, a multi-millionaire and a rabid, remain European, never mind boring, he is sure to attract all the working men back to the party. As both he and the thick bint only got just over 50%, when will we have the 'People's Vote'?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Being a Sir, a multi-millionaire and a rabid, remain European, never mind boring, he is sure to attract all the working men back to the party. As both he and the thick bint only got just over 50%, when will we have the 'People's Vote'?

But did they know what they were voting for :)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
It has to be better than what the party has had these last ten years. Not seen any posts by KK of late on the site, hope he is OK..??

I noticed that - I hope he has just decided that at the moment its better to just let things take their course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand