Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Corona
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
How do they enforce such isolation? Daily visits or phone calls..?? I suspect that they rely on people "doing the right thing the British way"...which today is carte blanche to do what you want..ah well.

A 'Constable' is bestowed with a power of detention, arrest, and a power of entry under legislation The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020.
The powers and punishments are all there to see, and they are quite severe in my opinion, however, the application of those powers only allow the Police to use them.
As there are no officers available, or training how to understand and use those powers they are in fact useless and rely upon your own moral obligations which in todays society rarely exist.

Scenario.. PC World knocks on Mr Jones's door after he has been ordered to self isolate after his flight from Zante.
PC World is equipped with the scantest details of who he is dealing with and what he can do if in fact Mr Jones ay playing ball.
Knock knock... no answer
Knock Knock... no anwer.
Knock fuckin knock knock knock... No answer.

PC World to control over.

Go ahead over.

I am at 23 Acacia Avenue the home of Mr Jones and despite numerous knocks he is not answering can I put the door in over.

Thats a negative PC World, to do that we would have to despatch a number of units with the correct method of entry equipment and training in the use of, plus you would have to stay at the property waiting for secure boarding up to prevent any civil litigation for damage and or loss over.

What a load of bollocks it all is then over.

Yes, please resume as we have numerous jobs for you over.

Drones, and lots of them. Mrs Muggins? Hi, this is isolation control, please go to your window or stick your noggin out your back door. Drone takes photo of Mrs Muggins, all good.

Mrs Muggins refuses to play? Send an armed drone that obliterates her house or flat. Job done. Pictures of devastation sure to help with compliance

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:40 am 
Manager
Manager

This post intentionally left blank.

cus I couldnt bloody delete it :)

Last edited by davejonesears on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am 
Manager
Manager

As for training police officers Rozza, why the hell should they do that and make em fit for purpose when its far easier (& cheaper of course) to let them get frustrated , leave & they can just pick another one from the long list of applicants desperate for a job.

Don't forget the graduate starting 'pay scale' is about 1K higher than the non-graduate starting point so all they don't atract the higher achievers , the holding cells have all been sold off so if they do arrest anyone they've got nowhere to put em, and if they do get to court they don't get the punishment the cost of the training justifies anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:50 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

A 'Constable' is bestowed with a power of detention, arrest, and a power of entry under legislation The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020.
The powers and punishments are all there to see, and they are quite severe in my opinion, however, the application of those powers only allow the Police to use them.
As there are no officers available, or training how to understand and use those powers they are in fact useless and rely upon your own moral obligations which in todays society rarely exist.

Scenario.. PC World knocks on Mr Jones's door after he has been ordered to self isolate after his flight from Zante.
PC World is equipped with the scantest details of who he is dealing with and what he can do if in fact Mr Jones ay playing ball.
Knock knock... no answer
Knock Knock... no anwer.
Knock fuckin knock knock knock... No answer.

PC World to control over.

Go ahead over.

I am at 23 Acacia Avenue the home of Mr Jones and despite numerous knocks he is not answering can I put the door in over.

Thats a negative PC World, to do that we would have to despatch a number of units with the correct method of entry equipment and training in the use of, plus you would have to stay at the property waiting for secure boarding up to prevent any civil litigation for damage and or loss over.

What a load of bollocks it all is then over.

Yes, please resume as we have numerous jobs for you over.

Drones, and lots of them. Mrs Muggins? Hi, this is isolation control, please go to your window or stick your noggin out your back door. Drone takes photo of Mrs Muggins, all good.

Mrs Muggins refuses to play? Send an armed drone that obliterates her house or flat. Job done. Pictures of devastation sure to help with compliance

I like your style, a short sharp obliteration never hurt anyone :)

My only change would be I would just obliterate all those that have the stupidity to go abroad, sit in a big tin can with others of whom they have no prior knowledge (all in the middle of a pandemic don't forget) and then complain that they have to self isolate- and most probably don't do it because "it wasn't me guv".

I think Darwin called it natural selection Forest Gump called it stupid is as stupid does.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Sweden, whose Covid-19 death rate soared above its locked-down Scandinavian neighbours at the peak of the pandemic, now has a case-rate lower than those of Denmark and Norway, for the first time since March.......

In addition, 2,500 people randomly tested by the Swedish Health Authority in the worst infected suburb of Stockholm during the peak, found that not one had the virus, and 18% of them had anti-bodies.

Has Sweden got it right ?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:12 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Sweden, whose Covid-19 death rate soared above its locked-down Scandinavian neighbours at the peak of the pandemic, now has a case-rate lower than those of Denmark and Norway, for the first time since March.......

In addition, 2,500 people randomly tested by the Swedish Health Authority in the worst infected suburb of Stockholm during the peak, found that not one had the virus, and 18% of them had anti-bodies.

Quite possibly, a very revealing bit of info that, food for thought. Always easier, obviously with a smaller population and also one that is trusting in its Government, unlike here where it has been shambolic. Be interesting to see how Sweden progress in the future with its Corona policy.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Quite possibly, a very revealing bit of info that, food for thought. Always easier, obviously with a smaller population and also one that is trusting in its Government, unlike here where it has been shambolic. Be interesting to see how Sweden progress in the future with its Corona policy.

The key will be the percentage of folk who have the anti-bodies necessary to eventually keep the virus to acceptable levels within the community ( It's not going away, like flu ). Data from London, Brazil and now Sweden, seems to point at a much lower percentage than was at first thought necessary, gives the 'herd immunity' to dampen the vile thing down. Worked with Hong Kong Flu in in the sixties, and the wrongly named Spanish Flu post WW1. No reason to think if we reacted as we did then, this won't do the same. Hysteria is doing more damage.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

The key will be the percentage of folk who have the anti-bodies necessary to eventually keep the virus to acceptable levels within the community ( It's not going away, like flu ). Data from London, Brazil and now Sweden, seems to point at a much lower percentage than was at first thought necessary, gives the 'herd immunity' to dampen the vile thing down. Worked with Hong Kong Flu in in the sixties, and the wrongly named Spanish Flu post WW1. No reason to think if we reacted as we did then, this won't do the same. Hysteria is doing more damage.

I dont understand this , surely you can only get the antibodies if youve caught the virus , and isn't it epidimiolgy maths that dictates the herd immunity level ,if 80% (or whatever the % is ) is the required level to provide herd immunity , isn;t that the same if its flu, cold, sars mers or covid, or have I misunderstood the herd immunity thing?

How many died from Spanish flu.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:45 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:

I dont understand this , surely you can only get the antibodies if youve caught the virus , and isn't it epidimiolgy maths that dictates the herd immunity level ,if 80% (or whatever the % is ) is the required level to provide herd immunity , isn;t that the same if its flu, cold, sars mers or covid, or have I misunderstood the herd immunity thing?

How many died from Spanish flu.

My bad, that's why I emphasised the 'Herd Immunity". I too am not sure what it exactly means, sadly our government seem to be in the same pickle. I think ( and it's just me here ) that yes lot's of folk have caught it in Sweden through lack of lockdown, London through marches and parties, ignoring the lockdown, and the lack of compliance in certain communities, and the isolated Brazilian City who's name escapes me, because they are a living in a human petri-dish. The figures back from these communities show the virus infection rates pretty similar to other areas, and with hospital admissions and deaths falling at a rate which the anti-immunity lobby simply can't explain. Virologists in Sweden opine that the level of infections running at around 18% in their cities, seems to be having the desired result - that result being that their community is living with Covid, getting on with life, treating cancer patients and replacing OAP's hips, without destroying their future. In 68, Hong Kong Flu killed over a million. Approaching two million died of Asian Flu in the late fifties and horrifically 50 million in 1918. These contagions still exist in the strains of 'flu' we catch every year. They are still killing people, but nowhere near as many as when they burst into the human population. The world dealt with these horrors by getting on with life; sadly excepting that some of the vulnerable will be taken in the process. Not taken because people don't care, but taken as a result of a genie taken out of a box, a genie that we don't have the technology to put back in its box any time soon.

I don't have the perhaps 'secret' information that Covid 19 is any worse than the Covid strains that came before it. If it is, then I can understand the hysteria ( but not understanding how the hysterical have information I don't). If it isn't, and history, and as the way it is now behaving seems to suggest we will have to live with it in an ever weakening state as long as it's allowed to run its course, then the paranoid, media driven woke-hysteria has to stop. We as a race used to be much tougher. We accepted life and death as a natural progression. Today's bleeding heart liberals seem to think the government can look after every single one of them, every day of their lives, and if they catch something as a result of the human race expanding far too quickly into the natural world, resulting in nature fighting back, it's not their fault, and the government should have a magic pill to cure them all so they can safely get back to burning books and destroying statues before retreating back to North London/Oxford, for a quick read of the Guardian and a glass of Bolly.

I try to socially distance. I wear a mask ( to try to protect others, aware it does not a great deal to protect me, accepting it may help with viral overload) and wash my hands whenever I can. If a catch it, and I might, I won't blame the government, that's life as I see it. If i die from a cancer or heart disease which is killing me through missing medical appointments in relatively empty hospitals, I will with my last breath, curse a weak leadership, and the luvvies who have prevented said treatments by their desire to be mommy coddled in South Kensington or Solihull.

Edited to add, I'm old enough to remember one of the earlier pandemics ( not 1918, before you wags say it, and I was a mere sparkle/twinkle in the late fifties). I went to school in 68. My father went to work. My Mother read the papers and told me to use my hanky in a more responsible way. Life went on.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

World class system....jesus fucking christ winter hasnt even started yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54072479

Also if people who want to go on jollies 'cus theyve earned it' are saying they should be tested at airports why aren't school children being tested more as a matter of course?

Surely that makes sense and will be the only way to keepo schools open.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Looks like pubs will soon be shut ( in the UK, not Sweden )

I will never understand why billions has been spent to let people of a working age who statistically, have little to fear, stay at home, while people in care homes and OAPs across the nation are told to stay in isolation with no financial or extra medical help whatsoever.

When this virus raises its head, support those in need and support those who find it difficult to help themselves. This is simply not being done.

Do not get sick with anything other than Covid if you're over sixty in modern day Britain. Don't be an OAP who is proud to be independent; who doesn't wish to be a burden on the state and tries to look after themselves, as they have tried to do all their life. Don't be frail in a hugely expensive care home which is taking away all you've ever worked for, as you may well be left to die by the State and the folk who take your money.

Do be a twenty something who enjoys Xbox, and supports their Union who for political reasons helps you stay at home on hand-outs.

Rule Britannia

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

I have felt far safer of late in my sparsely attended pub than in the supermarkets, where a lot of folk think that things have started to get back to normal...I was in my local Asda last Friday, two Turks in front of me, no social distancing at all, walked up to and around me, were not wearing masks and carried on as if things had not changed since last March, fucking braindead bastards..!!! Asda had no floor space markings nor staff employee wandering around the tills, bad move. I won't be going there again for a long time.

So, with a six person gathering limit from next Monday now looming, will school class sizes suffer..?? We do, despite my occasional fears, need to learn to get on with life and live with this virus, we got along OK dealing with past flu outbreaks etc and need to stop living too much by Project Fear 2 and adjust and heed ourselves and others as best as we can. Easier said than done, I know, but if we carry on like this, life as we know it will deteriorate into a nightmare science fiction movie. Adapt, adjust, common sense...British Bulldog spirit.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:36 am 
Manager
Manager

I see Sweden has been added to the 'safe' list for countries to visit. Rather than six people in a group, up to five hundred are allowed in Sweden. Oh the irony......

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I see Sweden has been added to the 'safe' list for countries to visit. Rather than six people in a group, up to five hundred are allowed in Sweden. Oh the irony......

yes indeed, more than ironic that, hey ho, on we go....

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

They must have big houses in Sweden...

But in all seriousness this is what I dont get :

We got the cases under control (ish) we've only been oput of lockdown two months (ish) & yet we are seeing cases start to rise...apperently doubling in seven days (I think) at the moment.

So what are we doing thats so different to Sweden , it can't be the masks as I dont think they wear them and from what I see theres a large compliancy with mask wearing, it can't be washing hands as I reckon most are trying to keep hands clean etc. social distancing I can't comment on as from what I see its OK but then again I'm not 18-25, and anyway I assume they have 18-25 year olds in Sweden.

So what is it that we are doing thats so different to the Swedes thats causing us our issue, and not causing them the same issue.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

The Brighton/Chelsea friendly was said to be a test event. 2,000 folk were allowed in after all giving full and frank disclosure of their home address, medical status, blah blah blah.

If one of the 2,000 had Covid, the test would have been a failure. If so, you can bet your life the hysterical leadership and media of this country would have been howling from the roof tops.

Silenceeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
The Brighton/Chelsea friendly was said to be a test event. 2,000 folk were allowed in after all giving full and frank disclosure of their home address, medical status, blah blah blah.

If one of the 2,000 had Covid, the test would have been a failure. If so, you can bet your life the hysterical leadership and media of this country would have been howling from the roof tops.

In my opinion there is absolutely no way you are going to get to see football from inside the ground this side of spring.

The data from the Liverpoool semi final will have put paid to that a long time ago, so couple that with winter and its a non starter.

It's a shame the subsequent financial fall out wouldnt allow for a re-evaluation of the wages of some of the players . you know the overpaid male ones, obvioulsy the female ones will have to have a wage increase a la the BBC Lineker vs. Ball match.

As for testing well they seem to be fucking this up - they've had long enough to sort this out.

I'm just waiting for them to start to blame PHE.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Think back to when you were lads. Jones Minor, and Smithy, would always have runny noses and would be constantly told by teacher to use their hanky, not the back of their hands.

No difference this year, except as soon as Jones Minor sniffles, his school closes down and his father's factory is put on lockdown for the family bogey.

Madness.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Think back to when you were lads. Jones Minor, and Smithy, would always have runny noses and would be constantly told by teacher to use their hanky, not the back of their hands.

No difference this year, except as soon as Jones Minor sniffles, his school closes down and his father's factory is put on lockdown for the family bogey.

Madness.

But there is a dfifference this year isn't there, but even with COVID neither his school nor his dads factory shoud need to close down (as far as I understand it), IF the test/tracve is in place.
but yes there will be an impact , and that will be exacerbated by both the paranoia (rightly or wrongly) of the public, the selfishness of the public , & also by the lack of a structured thought out capacity capable testing infrastructure.
The first two the government can't do anything about , and we the public must take responsibilty for that , but the third they can , they've had long enough to sort it, at the moment it seems to me its failing, they are culpable in that regard.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:

In my opinion there is absolutely no way you are going to get to see football from inside the ground this side of spring.

The data from the Liverpoool semi final will have put paid to that a long time ago, so couple that with winter and its a non starter.

It's a shame the subsequent financial fall out wouldnt allow for a re-evaluation of the wages of some of the players . you know the overpaid male ones, obvioulsy the female ones will have to have a wage increase a la the BBC Lineker vs. Ball match.

As for testing well they seem to be fucking this up - they've had long enough to sort this out.

I am supremely confident that there will not be sufficient testing available to meet public demand this winter.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
suiging wrote:

I am supremely confident that there will not be sufficient testing available to meet public demand this winter.

I agree :) :) ...still theyve all been on holiday , sat on beaches , been on marches...so not all bad ...

The prob is if theres not enough testing available in a suitable locations/turn round time to serve essential priorities (NHS ,care homes , schools) , and keep hots spots under some modicum of control.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Boris needs to resign- absolutely useless.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:

Brings to mind Mike Bassett England Manager. I`m beginning to wonder if they are secretly going for herd immunity by stealth. Introducing semi-lockdowns here and there, not testing people coming in to the Country saying " be good little people and go home and quarantine for 14 days". Ooh er, track and tracing ain`t ready yet but we`re working on it. Hope we have enough PPE ready.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

Brings to mind Mike Bassett England Manager. I`m beginning to wonder if they are secretly going for herd immunity by stealth. Introducing semi-lockdowns here and there, not testing people coming in to the Country saying " be good little people and go home and quarantine for 14 days". Ooh er, track and tracing ain`t ready yet but we`re working on it. Hope we have enough PPE ready.

I'm sure the Chinese will have stocks of it ready for us to use now as they wont need as much this time round.
Its all gone quiet with the promises of re-evaluating our over dependancy on Chinese manufacturing...what a surprise.

I'm willing to bet:

1) We havent fully replaced the stock inc. the emergency stockpile adequately.
2) We wont have sorted the internal logistics issues we saw with delivery.
3) We wont have changed any of our supply chains to remove the Single point of Failure of Chinese manufacturing we experienced initially- remember that debacle I do.

We are as dependant now as ever we were, and we always will be-pathetic.

Kerchiiinng!! Kerchiiinng!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:47 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
I'm willing to bet:

3) We wont have changed any of our supply chains to remove the Single point of Failure of Chinese manufacturing we experienced initially- remember that debacle I do.

I fear you are right. With Dido railing at the failure of scientists predictions, Valance saying Whitty overruled him, and Whitty being Mr Cautious compared with Boris (Cummings?) , it looks like ready made excuses all round.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
I'm willing to bet:

I fear you are right. With Dido railing at the failure of scientists predictions, Valance saying Whitty overruled him, and Whitty being Mr Cautious compared with Boris (Cummings?) , it looks like ready made excuses all round.

Oh & lest we not forget they are replacing PHE - I'm waiting for that excuse to be trundled out.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:45 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:

Piers Corbyn is available to run the country if enough of you vote for him.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

Sorry Rozza I don't see what that has to do with it,deflection won't cut it in this instance. i voted for Johnson He had not covered himself in any glory since not least with some of his decisions with this pandemic
Unless he starts to cut the mustard and deliver on some of his rhetoric I won't vote for him again.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
Rozza wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

Sorry Rozza I don't see what that has to do with it,deflection won't cut it in this instance. i voted for Johnson He had not covered himself in any glory since not least with some of his decisions with this pandemic
Unless he starts to cut the mustard and deliver on some of his rhetoric I won't vote for him again.

I was referring to the utter absence of any credible alternatives to Boris by using the total fucktard of Piers as a foil.
Jezza would have been on a similar plane if he, or they had got in. I voted for Boris too, the first time in my life I have ever voted non Labour in ANY election.
I was fuckin mortified by what I was doing but I was more concerned about my vote heralding the new age of Labour with Jez, Di and Sharmi at the helm, sweet Jesus it still scares me.

Boris is in the seat for the foreseeable unless he steps down, get used to it. He may be wank, he may be seen in history as a saint, he presides over times that none of us on this board or country have probably ever seen, but he is our elected leader. I prefer him to Bulsaro, Putin, Trump, Assad, Kim Jong, Aung Suu Kyi or any Ayatollah so I grin and bear it because I know that the alternatives are even more frightening.
You live in a country where you can openly criticise the government you elected amidst unprecedented global times, aint no one gonna batter your door down for indoctrination DJE so its all gravy really.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

An interesting read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 563 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand